1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CT STONINGTON JANE DOE: WF, 18-30, found in New London County, CT - 30 May 1974

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by Akoya, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

She was his girlfriend....

The man was successfully identified as convicted bank robber, Gustavous Lee Carmichael. Carmichael was a serial bank and had even escaped custody from jail. He and the woman (who was his girlfriend) used the aliases, Dirk and Lorraine Stahl before their murders on December 31, 1970.
    Richard DeFreitas and Donald Brant were convicted of the murders. The reason why they killed the two was a result of concerns that the unidentified woman (Lorraine Stahl) would divulge details of the illegal activities of Carmichael’s.

https://www.facebook.com/ColdCasesR...4012346631300/831941740171691/?type=1&theater

spike, Scorpio and Kimster like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

I know. It was more of a rhetorical question. Like, why in the heck would she want to be with this guy. :)

Akoya and spike like this.
  3. Drea Mac

Drea Mac New Member

I googled around and came up with John Nielson High School in Scotland. I looked around but can’t find much on any graduation student list. Found a couple of pics, only from 1968, with names, but no similar initials.
    The school has changed names a few times, but I couldn’t find any significance to the year 1917, so maybe that is the graduation class. Which could be a grandparent to the Jane Doe.
    In my opinion the ring looks a little worn, like maybe it may have belonged to a parent or grandparent.

Kimster likes this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Good job! Are class rings a tradition in Scotland? @Ladyslug, can you weigh in?

5. Redrover

Redrover Active Member

I find the phone bill attributed to her to be very interesting to say the least. She made lots of phone calls to people all over the eastern US. I would have to assume they were able to track down the folks who had those numbers. Seems one, or more, would have had to know her real name. Would like to know more about the phone calls and the efforts put into locating the folks on the other side of those conversations. She was running with a known bank robber and it wouldn't surprise me if the police in the early 70s didn't put too many resources into finding out who she was.