1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

UT SUSAN POWELL: Missing from West Valley, UT - 6 December 2009 - Age 28

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by CatFancier, Apr 19, 2015.

1. CatFancier

CatFancier Feline

DaisyChains, Kimster, Charm and 2 others like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

[​IMG]

Susan Cox Powell
    (born October 16, 1981) was an American woman from West Valley City, Utah, who was last seen alive on December 6, 2009. On December 14, 2009, her husband Josh Powell was named a person of interest in the investigation, but he was never charged. On February 5, 2012, Josh Powell killed himself and the couple's two young sons, Charles Joshua Powell (b. January 19, 2005) and Braden Timothy Powell (b. January 2, 2007) in a murder–suicide after custody of the boys had been awarded to Susan Cox Powell's parents. On May 21, 2013, West Valley City police closed their active investigation into Susan Powell's disappearance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Susan_Powell

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...-cox-powell-missing-from-westvalley-utah.492/

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  3. Kimster

4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for posting Susan, Kimster. Such a sad, sad case. :(
    Met her parents once. Such nice people.

:vigil:

5. Kimster

I've spoken to Chuck Cox a few times due to the radio show that I used to co-host. And spoke with Susan's best friend too. They are all so kind and I really like them! Susan had loved ones who would have helped her get away from that creep. If only she would have realized what a dangerous situation she was in. It is indeed a terribly sad situation. :tears:

6. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Omg she deserved so much better.
    Her dh was a nasty, slimy piece of poop. IMO.

7. Kimster

You're being gracious!

DaisyChains, MadgeS and walkie-talkie like this.
  8. Kimster

DaisyChains, MadgeS, fran and 3 others like this.
  9. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

;)

DaisyChains likes this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Judge dismisses lawsuit against state in death of Susan Cox Powell’s sons

A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit against Washington state brought by the grandparents of Charlie and Braden Powell.

U.S. District Court Judge Ronald Leighton issued the 29-page decision Tuesday, ruling that the social workers involved were not at fault for the boys’ deaths at the hands of their father.

http://q13fox.com/2015/10/06/judge-...nst-state-in-death-of-susan-cox-powells-sons/

DaisyChains, Lily, noZme and 4 others like this.
  11. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

All I can say is...... :(

12. Kimster

I'm more interested in the person responsible for making the decision that the kids go see Josh at HIS house at all! I could tell from a pic of his court appearance that prior Wednesday and he looked exasperated and remarked to some that I thought he was going to commit suicide. If I, a mere internet armchair anybody, could see that Josh was disturbed, why couldn't the court who was invested in protecting the little boys?

I'll never forget this fatal decision. Ever.

KareBear, DaisyChains, Lily and 8 others like this.
  13. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

My heart breaks for the Coxes - they have endured so much.

DaisyChains, MadgeS, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  14. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

15. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

September 28, 2011 - Josh Powell's sons are removed from his custody and placed with Chuck and Judy Cox because they are living in a home with sexually explicit material. He is, however, granted visitation rights with his boys.

February 1, 2011 - Josh Powell is ordered to take a psycho-sexual evaluation and polygraph test to regain custody of his boys. Police note that there is information and images on his computer that 'specifically related to their children's welfare.'

February 5, 2012 - Josh Powell sets off an explosion at his Washington home that killed himself and his two sons. He is also believed to have attacked the boys, then five and seven, with a hatchet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...her-brother-involved-death.html#ixzz3poBEEsSn

I'm so glad that some of the people responsible for that decision are seeing consequences.

The father should get the DP..... hands down, he is to blame for all this misery and death. God knows what he did to his sons, but look how all the misery and sickness was passed to them.

And this is WHY pedophiles should be put down. Not just for their crimes, but the ones committed in generations future, by their former victims. If it was a disease killing and maiming and harming so many thousands, the CDC would be all over it. Every effort would go to wiping it out. People with the disease would not be allowed to ever wander in the public streets.

Sorry for the rant. But I truly believe the crime rate would drop dramatically, if pedophilia was treated like the plague it really is and pedos were just put down like the sick animals they are.

MadgeS, DaisyChains and Kimster like this.
  16. Kimster

Agreed! I read a report long ago, probably before the murder/suicide, and the conditions where those boys were visiting was appalling! There was a nasty blowup doll hung up by a noose and the brother who ended up also committing suicide was walking around the house naked! That family is repulsive! The sister is amazing to have made it out of there without being a freak herself. My heart goes out to her for all she's been through. :praying:

17. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

If a CPS worker saw that doll hanging, and a grown man naked in the house, and did nothing -- they should be in jail, also.

I am not kidding. Jail time would be appropriate.

Jaws, MadgeS and DaisyChains like this.
  18. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

You know what Lily, I totally agree with you.

Im convinced the department of social services needs a major facelift. Also more psychiatric/mental health involvement with social services. Our country and its mental health programs also need a facelift.

Lily and MadgeS like this.
  19. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

ditto all!

spike and Lily like this.
  20. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

She truly is amazing.

spike and Lily like this.