1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on October 12.
    An unknown man and woman picked up Kamille and put her in their vehicle.
    The suspect vehicle is a blue or black SUV, possibly a Toyota 4-Runner, with rims and a “peanut butter brown” protruding bumper.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OR SWAMP MOUNTAIN DOE: WF, 18-40, found near near Swamp Mountain Road in Sweet Home, OR - July 1976

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by Kimster, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Date found July 24, 1976
    Probable year of death 1966 to 1976

Oregon State Highway 20 near Swamp Mountain Road, Sweet Home
    skeletal remains found by moss hunter

Leather coat with fringe, "Levi" brand denim blue jeans (29 inch inseam)
    platform-style sandal with approximately 2 inch heel, single white strap with basket weave section attached to base by 5 round tacks on each side
    yellow/tan leather strip with two yellow metal rings (each measuring approximately 2 inches in diameter) -- black/white decorative strip composed of seed beads (background/base beads are black and two birds and two diamond shapes are created from the white beads) -- it appears the beaded section may have been attached to the leather strip

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dental chart and DNA available

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7765

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...-me-sweethome-janedoe-linn-county-oregon.671/

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  2. Kimster

If I had to pick one UID case that I want solved, it would be this one. I've printed out pictures from this file and shown them around to people I know who have lived in the area for years, but no one recognizes her and sadder still, no one seems to remember the time she was found and that there is someone unidentified near Sweet Home.

Please find out the unidentified in your area and get information out! Maybe you'll be the next one to have a match and send someone home to their loved ones!

DaisyChains, Dama and ~Lyric~ like this.
  3. Kimster

sweethome.jpg [​IMG]

Here she is with a softened face. :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Uno2Much, Winterlong and DaisyChains like this.
  4. Kimster

Exclusions
    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
    First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
    Madeline Babcock 1932 California
    Suzanne Justis 1950 Oregon
    Martha Morrison 1956 Oregon

Uno2Much and DaisyChains like this.
  5. Kimster

Vicki Hollar is a rule out. Just making a note.

Uno2Much, DaisyChains and WindStorm like this.
  6. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I was looking at the beaded item. If I had to guess I'd say it was a choker type necklace that tied with leather in the back.
    There are no dimensions give for it, but it looks too long to be a bracelet. IMHO.

Advocate, DaisyChains and Kimster like this.
  7. Kimster

Chokers were really popular then, too! And crafters had those bead looms. I had one myself and used to make bracelets!

Advocate and DaisyChains like this.
  8. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I had one of those looms too. LOL! With the jeans and shoes she was wearing I could see her wearing a bead choker
    or even a beaded belt.
    Do you think she was from out of the area?

9. Kimster

I don't know but I think she had to have been. Everyone knows everybody around these parts - even more so back then!

10. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I kind of wondered since where she was found didn't look to be a place that would be known to non-locals. Lots of questions and no answers. Sad, I wish she could
    be found and returned to her family.
    Lots of sad, sad cases.

11. charlie

charlie gruntled

I would wonder what other hitchhikers died around then - since really - it was a logging community then - lots of truckers in and out of there.

12. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Good point.
    I wonder if she was hitchhiking and was picked up by a local.

13. charlie

charlie gruntled

that could be too -

DaisyChains, patsella and Kimster like this.
  14. Kimster

There's a lot of camping opportunities and a couple of lakes up there too. I have fished at one of the lakes. I wonder if she was camping with someone and they had been drinking and things got out of hand?

Advocate, DaisyChains and charlie like this.
  15. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

If she was camping I would think shed have tennis shoes or some kind of close toed show.. then again I see people here hiking with flip flops and dress shoes... so who knows. :)

Kimster, what is your take on the area? Is it a place that tourists would visit or mostly locals. I am leaning towards her being a hitchhiker from out of the area and a local person picked her up. Or someone familiar with the area due to where
    she was located. Does that scenario fit the area?

Was a COD ever determined?

16. Kimster

It's HEAVY with tourists at that time of the year. And many travelers on their way over to Bend, Sisters and other eastern Oregon destinations.

No cause of death that I know of. Just skeletal remains. Her hair wasn't even found. :tears:

17. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

If they didn't find hair why are they depicting her with dark hair? So, she could be blonde or a redhead for all we know... I didn't know anything about this missing gal until I read your post and
    now she's on my mind daily.

Advocate, Kimster and DaisyChains like this.
  18. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

I wonder if this UID knew Ginny?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/erickson_virginia.html

I don't think it could be Ginny bc DNA is completed for Ginny, but Ginny was from Sweet Home, OR and went missing around the postmortem interval provided for sweet home doe.

Maybe the same person who killed Ginny killed Sweet Home Doe or maybe Ginny and Sweet Home Doe knew each other?

About 2 weeks before Ginny disappeared 2 young girls went missing from Creswell OR - one of which is not even listed bc her identity was unknown. Here is the one girl Deborah who they did know went missing. No word on who the other girl was that ran away with Deborah.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/tomlinson_deborah.html

I just find it strange these things occurred right after each other and in the same state.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Kimster likes this.
  19. DaisyChains

Just seeing how close Creswell is to Sweet Home. There's even Marcola Rd connecting the two locations, a road that runs through the very mountains/wilderness where the UID was found just due east on Swamp Mountain Rd. The area where Ginny went missing and the area where the two runaways (Deborah and unknown teen female) went missing are only about an hour apart from each other and an hour give or take from the crime scene where Sweet Home Doe was found.

patsella and Kimster like this.
  20. DaisyChains

I'm wondering if the other little girl that Deborah ran away with actually lived in the area and was a friend who's house she ran away to. I don't understand how they could say for sure she was with a runaway if that teen girl was never reported as a runaway around the time.

I'm worried that Deborah went to a friend's place to runaway and something happened. Wondering if maybe, since Ginny Erickson's husband got into trouble for abusing his own kids, that maybe Deborah had ran away to Ginny's house with one of the Erickson children and then Mr Erickson did something to Deborah? Would give Mr. Erickson a motivation to kill his wife Ginny - bc she knew he had done something to Deborah? Just a working theory.

patsella and Kimster like this.