1. A Colorado AMBER Alert has been issued for Jacob Roe, 12, of Saguache.
    Jacob was last seen leaving his home around 3:00 pm on Saturday, June 23.
    He is now believed to be with 60-year-old David Freeman and is believed to be in danger.
    They may be traveling in a red 2014 Jeep Patriot with Colorado plates 198ZQO.

Click HERE for more information

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

GA TARA GRINSTEAD: Missing from Ocilla, GA - 22 October 2005 - Age 30 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by noZme, Oct 18, 2015.

1. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Ten years later, Tara Grinstead's disappearance still baffles

Tara Grinstead was a country girl, a beauty queen, a high school history teacher with dreams of becoming a principal. Instead, to many who otherwise would never have heard of her, she became "that missing woman," "that teacher who disappeared."

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article39641307.html#storylink=cpy

This article is a good synopsis. Please add links & comments.

ETA media link: http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...tara-grinstead-is-still-missing-georgia.2163/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
    Akoya, spike, Jaws and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Great article, @noZme !

I hope new technology will put this case together and find answers for her loved ones.

Akoya and spike like this.
  3. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Strangest case I ever followed. Super weird people had Tara forums , run by drill sgts and those of self importance.
    I mostly read about Tara. I think she definitely knew her killer well.

GatorD, Akoya, spike and 2 others like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Man hopes new podcast can help solve South Georgia mystery

An Atlanta man hopes his new Podcast will generate fresh leads in one of Georgia's longest-running mysteries.

Payne Lindsey has been doing the podcast, "Up and Vanished," which focuses on the disappearance of Tara Grinstead, a teacher and former beauty queen from south Georgia.

"I think the whole case needs a fresh look," Lindsey said.

He's released three episodes of his podcast so far and plans to release more episodes soon. The episodes are available on iTunes and at Lindsey's website, www.upandvanished.com.

"Ever since I released the first episode, every week I've had new calls, new emails from locals, he said.

Lindsey has also been sharing new leads and information with a private investigator who worked with Grinstead's family shortly after her disappearance, he told WSB.

Ultimately, he hopes the podcast helps authorities to finally find out what happened to Grinstead.

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/georgia/man-hopes-new-podcast-can-help-solve-south-georgia/nsZys/

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Eleven years later, Tara Grinstead’s disappearance remains a mystery

Saturday marked the eleventh anniversary of one of Georgia’s most haunting unsolved mysteries. High school teacher Tara Grinstead was last seen eleven years ago—October 22, 2005.

She’s believed to have vanished from her home in Ocilla in Irwin County. Her car was found at her home, and police say they found little evidence of what happened to her inside her home.

A latex glove was found near her front door, but police have never matched the DNA on it with anyone connected to the investigation.

If you have any information about Tara Grinstead’s disappearance, please call the GBI Tipline at (478) 987-4545.

http://wrbl.com/2016/10/22/eleven-years-later-tara-grinsteads-disappearance-remains-a-mystery/

spike, Kimster, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

There are no pictures of Tara on this thread!

upload_2016-10-24_16-23-14.jpeg [​IMG] [​IMG]

spike, Kimster, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  8. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:thankyou:

spike likes this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Cold Case: Tara Grinstead ‘Up & Vanished’ 11 years ago, but podcaster digs for new clues

When Tara Grinstead disappeared in October 2005, she left cell phone in its charger and her unlocked car parked outside her Ocilla, Georgia, home. There were no signs of a struggle inside, but an unexplained rubber glove was found in her yard.

The disappearance of Grinstead, a former beauty queen and a popular school teacher, resulted in the largest criminal casenfile in the history of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, according to podcaster Payne Lindsey. Despite all of the evidence gathered, the case has grown cold and the huge file is off limits to Lindsey. But the young filmmaker is hoping to revive it by documenting his personal investigation with a podcast titled, Up & Vanished.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/01/...1-years-ago-but-podcaster-digs-for-new-clues/

noZme, spike, Kimster and 1 other person like this.
  10. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Foul play eyed in case of missing Georgia teacher

In a news conference planned for Thursday afternoon, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation is expected to release new details into their investigation.

Channel 2's Mark Winne reports investigators have determined foul play in the case.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/major-break-in-the-case-of-missing-georgia-teacher/496761014

Break in the case: What happened to the Georgia beauty queen?
    After 12 years, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has a break in beauty queen, Tara Grinstead’s disappearance.
    -----
    The GBI will hold a press conference at the Irwin County Courthouse in Ocilla at 3 p.m.,
    Thursday to update her case.

http://www.11alive.com/news/update-what-happened-to-the-georgia-beauty-queen/413364502

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    spike and noZme like this.
  11. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

So, are we cautiously optimistic for answers? I hope there is much bigger news than "foul play."

fran, spike and walkie-talkie like this.
  12. walkie-talkie

I would think for the GBI to be holding a press conference it has to be much bigger than just announcing foul play.
    And then there's this...

****RUMOR****
    A man has been arrested.

Kimster, fran, noZme and 1 other person like this.
  13. walkie-talkie

Kimster, fran, spike and 1 other person like this.
  14. walkie-talkie

15. walkie-talkie

Kimster, spike and noZme like this.
  16. walkie-talkie

Ricketson (GBI) going over background of case

spike and noZme like this.
  17. walkie-talkie

a few days ago an individual came forward with info about case
    followed up by GBI interviews
    probable cause found
    Ryan Alexander Duke charged with murder, taken into custody yesterday, warrant issued this morning
    written press release will be provided

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  18. walkie-talkie

Connie Grinstead giving statement
    thanks God for answered prayers
    thanks GBI, local LE
    hopes community can have closure and heal
    starts another chapter in a long and painful journey
    asks media to respect their privacy and change to grieve and process all that has taken place

fran, spike and noZme like this.
  19. walkie-talkie

can't answer questions about remains
    graduated about 3 years prior to incident
    Duke being held in Erwin County detention
    not allowed to say if he's being cooperative
    several more interviews, can't say yet is anyone else will be arrested
    Duke never came up on their radar during investigation
    will not answer if Duke is a local
    said foul play because Tara went missing
    can not answer if remains have been found
    Duke has a murder charge, no additional charges yet
    Duke attended the high school at time Tara was teaching
    more investigative actions and interviews will be done

20. walkie-talkie