1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Vic TEJ CHITNIS: Missing from Burwood East, Vic - 27 April 2016 - Age 22

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by MarlyWings, Apr 28, 2016.

1. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Missing student had not attended university since 2014 as mystery deepens

May 16, 2016 - 11:39AM

The parents of missing Burwood East man Tej Chitnis only recently discovered that their son had not attended classes at Deakin University for up to two years before he vanished on April 27.

It is understood that detectives investigating the disappearance of the popular 21-year-old had found he had been absent from a health science course at Deakin's Geelong campus since 2014.

Tej is believed to have planned to study medicine at Monash University, but had failed to graduate from Deakin and would not have been able to transfer.

It is not known how Mr Chitnis spent much of the the past two years, but his mother told SBS last week that her son had expressed uncertainty about his future.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/missing-student-had-not-attended-university-since-2014-as-mystery-deepens-20160515-govlzh.html#ixzz48mzzf5TI

Kimster and MULDER like this.
  2. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Well that ^ certainly puts a different perspective on things!

And detectives are now involved in the investigation....hmmm.....

3. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

In Victoria, car registrations are for 12mths unless you have a concession card (welfare-pension etc) which enables you to pay 6mths.

4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Interesting news! Now I wonder if he's running from the truth?

MarlyWings and MULDER like this.
  5. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Interesting discovery...
    It gives me hope.
    I doubt Tej could have kept this secret for 2 years without somone knowing what was going on for him
    and where he was during the time he said he was at University but wasn't. They may know where he is now, or what his plans were.

I also wouldnt assume that this is the only reason as to why he is still missing though. He needs to be sighted.
    If his bank account has still been untouched - then there is still a good reason to keep the search active and pushing forward.

Lets hope there is word soon.
    JMO

Kimster and MarlyWings like this.
  6. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

he may feel he is carrying a heavy burden with that...
    It could be a voluntary missing person but if the University discovery is a factor or part of the reason why he is now missing, Tej needs to know that he has support - that it's not that bad - its not that big of a deal - that he's not the only student in the world who does not go to University when they say they do - and that he would be welcomed home regardless. I'd like to think people understand and forgive unconditionally if this is the case, and that Tej could get through this personal crisis with support from friends and family. Expectation and failure can be an uncomfortable place to be in life, but things do get better. I hope Tej is just trying to sort his life out regardless of his past, for a better future.

But if someone does know his plans or whereabouts then they need to break confidence and just let someone know he is OK - because he is missing still and there needs to be a clue as to how to handle the search.

7. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

I think the latest report only raises further questions....a lot more questions!!

He wasn't attending uni for almost two years. That is a long time to keep up a charade. If he wasn't at uni where was he throughout all that time??

Was he going to the same place every time when he was supposed to be at uni??

Are police now checking that same CCTV footage in Healesville prior to the date of his disappearance to see if he was in habit of travelling that same route regularly??

Then there's his phone records. What do they show prior to his disappearance/over two years.

The report states his parents only recently discovered that he wasn't attending uni. How recent was that?? Prior to his disappearance or some time after the day he disappeared?? Or was it coming to a crunch time when Tej had no other option and he would have to tell his parents.

He had a part time job. Played basketball. Were his mates aware of his situation re uni?? No doubt his friends and co-workers will be questioned by police.

MULDER likes this.
  8. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Who was paying his uni fees??....was Tej's pay from his part time job supposed to pay for it??

IF he wasn't paying fees what was he doing with his pay??

So many questions!!

MULDER likes this.
  9. Kimster

I agree that just because he may be missing of his own accord, he needs to be located! It still shows he is in distress and needs the comfort and help of his loved ones.

MULDER likes this.
  10. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

I think his whereabouts prior to his disappearance might hold some clues.

I wonder if police have checked the entire footage from that CCTV to see if he made a return trip either on the day he disappeared or on days prior.

MULDER and Kimster like this.
  11. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

What happened to Tej Chitnis?

May 17, 2016 6:42pm

THE mystery surrounding a missing Melbourne man has deepened.

Tej Chitnis went missing in April, with no leads so far on where the 21-year-old could be.

But new revelations have added confusion to the case, with it being discovered Mr Chitnis had not attended his university since 2014.

He was a student at Deakin and had not shown up for two years, unbeknown to his parents.

Fairfax Media reports detectives found the health science student was absent from his course.

His mother has told SBS she knew her son wasn’t sure about his future.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...s/news-story/face1244d49e5e7f3c5bae6d96fe2ae7

12. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

News Ltd is a day late with the latest info re Tej not attending uni.

Nothing new in it otherwise.

13. Kimster

Boy oh boy, I am stumped. My three top scenarios are; he left to start a new life, a car accident in a remote area, or he harmed himself. I pray my first scenario is the right one and that someone spots his smiling face in a village somewhere.

14. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

It makes me think that the scenarios of the daily travel from home to the city/university was a false lead, and that his routine (if there was a routine) was different indeed.
    Where did he go every day? Did he have another job during the day - was it in the Healesville area?
    If his car has used any tollways then there would be a record of this - regardless of if he had a toll tag or not. If he did not have one and the car passes through the tollgate without it registering, a picture is taken of the plate and a bill is sent to the registered owner (I think thats how it goes). I wonder if he did have a tolltag (that little beeper thing you put on your dash that tracks when you go through a tollgate and then debits your account) - I hope that has been checked up on.

I wonder where the satellite was during that 24hrs - real time pictures are available, though they cost a heap - they do boat searches that way when vessels go Missing at Sea.
    I wonder if you could pick up a car in a carpark - or along a roadside. I suppose it depends in what direction the car went too. Maybe it could give a time frame. Its such a long shot, but who knows.

Keeping the hope alive.

15. Adoku

Adoku Member

I signed up just due to interest in this thread. It has been absolutely heart-wrenching even as a spectator to not know where Tej is, and I don't even know the guy. I can't imagine what his family and friends are going through. I really do hope Tej finds his way to safety soon. Unfortunately because Tej has been missing for so long now it does make think that a tragedy of some description may have occurred. Miracles do happen though, I hope Tej is just taking a break from things for a while. I do also think there is alot of uncovering required on what Tej has been doing with his time for the past couple of years outside Officeworks and Basketball. I wonder if he has a personal connection in the Healesville area that his peers don't know about.

In other news, I did see on the campaigns Facebook page there are people conducting a search last night/this morning near Buxton - full Facebook post below:

I really do hope we receive some good news regarding Tej soon.

MarlyWings, MULDER and Kimster like this.
  16. Kimster

:cheers: @Adoku !

Thank you so much for posting the search information! I'll send out another tweet for Tej and get the word out!

We're so happy you joined us! :welcome:

17. Adoku

Adoku Member

Thanks mate glad to be here. The search obviously has already taken place this morning but based on the fact we haven't heard any news it sounds like they could probably do with some further help for Saturday/Sunday.

Looking forward to receiving new updates.

MULDER, Kimster and MarlyWings like this.
  18. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Welcome @Adoku !
    Thank-you for joining the thread and posting about the organized search - I hope that there is some news soon too.
    The more people out searching, the better.

19. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Hi Adoku and welcome to CrimeWatchers!

Tej's disappearance sure is a mystery!

There's a lot of pieces to the puzzle in my opinion and so far there's only a ton of questions with no answers!

Good question re "if he has a personal connection in the Healesville area that his peers don't know about."

Although I do think, by now, police would have been searching through his phone records and home computers if he had one. That all takes time but hopefully it will give them some clues as to his disappearance, his non attendance at uni, as well as any associates he may have had within Victoria, Healesville or surrounds.

20. Adoku

Adoku Member

Thanks mate.

The fact that it took more then two weeks for the family to realize Tej hadn't been at uni for the past couple of years was a good sign to me that the progression of the case had been pretty slow. I do hope they have been searching through all of his phone records and computer. Another idea to consider is that these days there are encrypted message services which are easily accessible on the app store etc. I don't believe these conversations can be recovered. If someone didn't want anything to be found out about their conversations, they would likely be encouraging the use of one of these apps.

I really can't shake this mystery/tragedy out of my mind lately. I pray that Tej is still alive and well.

MULDER, Kimster and MarlyWings like this.