1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Vic TEJ CHITNIS: Missing from Burwood East, Vic - 27 April 2016 - Age 22

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by MarlyWings, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Reva chitnis

Reva chitnis New Member

There is no pressure on Tej from home. He could have taken off and traveled the world or just taken time out. Wish he had just told us instead of disappearing. We love him and just want him to be ok wherever he is.

GarAndMo49, MULDER, MadgeS and 3 others like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Hello and :welcome: !

I am hoping he did like my brother and took a break. He contacted us in due time. During the time where we didn't know where he was, I was up and down in my concerns. I pray you and your family are doing okay. Is there something we can do to help?

MULDER and MarlyWings like this.
  3. Kimster

Hello awal! Thank you so much for your posts. It's a pleasure to have you join us!

MULDER, awal and MarlyWings like this.
  4. Reva chitnis

Reva chitnis New Member

Please keep the awareness going someone will see him soon

MULDER, awal and Kimster like this.
  5. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Hi Reeva and welcome to CrimeWatchers even though it is under terrible circumstances!

No problem at all with keeping the awareness for Tej going......until he makes his way back home to you!

A quick question if that's ok with you. Apart from his car being seen on CCTV and his phone turned off there, were there any other reasons as to why the initial searches took place mainly in Healesville??

MULDER and Kimster like this.
  6. awal

awal New Member

Could he have left the country without being detected? I read somewhere that his passport is still at home. Also, what about his car? Sold it? Hidden in bushland? Too many possibilities.

Reva, has the police looked at his phone call history weeks/months prior to his disappearance?

7. Reva chitnis

Reva chitnis New Member

Yes too many possibilities every question brings about 10 more
    Only reason to search healsville and surrounds us because of the CCTV
    No idea why he would have gone there
    No leads at all since then other than the fact we found out from police he hadn't attended Uni. Perhaps the reason for his to take off
    Which is sad only if he had told us we would gave supported him through whatever he would have wanted to do. He is more precious than anything else
    Yes passport is at home

8. Reva chitnis

Reva chitnis New Member

Vodafone has been great they've released 2 years of his phone records so have the banks no surprises there
    That's why the immense anguish and concern

9. Kimster

Are there communities where he would blend in, that wouldn't know he is missing, or even hide him? Here in the States, the country is so vast and we have so many cities that a person can actually hide in plain sight. I don't know if it's that way in Australia or not?

MULDER and MadgeS like this.
  10. Reva chitnis

Reva chitnis New Member

Same here in Australia it's vast

11. awal

awal New Member

Australia is a massive Kimster! Here is a comparison https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-s...dr05/5/0/enhanced-buzz-5171-1388899762-22.jpg

Even though we have less population, still plenty of places to hide. Good example here http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n/news-story/0430329160eeb459036ca9836183e5dc

I don't know Melbourne too well (from Brisbane myself) but is Maroondah Highway the main route out of Melbourne if travelling to Canberra or Sydney?

12. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I hope and pray he comes back to you safely. btw-welcome to CW.
    I know sometimes people need to get away.....I hope if Tej felt this way he will at least call you.

Kimster and MULDER like this.
  13. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Welcome awal!

14. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

The countryside is very vast in Oz also. Outside of Healesville and surrounds it really becomes mountainous. I think if he'd stayed around one of the smaller towns he would have been noticed by someone. IF he'd continued on to somewhere like Sydney, he could easily blend in or hide.

0ptg1g82a1qxbmhh3tr8vp6uf.jpg

15. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Thanks for your replies Reva!

Re Tej's phone and bank records.....were there any larger transactions or withdrawals made during the time leading up to him going missing??....Anything that might suggest he may have bought another phone or transferred money to another account??

This is just me thinking out loud but I'm wondering if you know of anyone who has a car similar to Tej's?? They could do a test drive up that highway just to see how far they'd travel on one tank of petrol. IF he had extra fuel and cash on board he would have needed to stop at a service station somewhere. Even though it's country Victoria there'd still be quite a few of them along the highway and in the various towns.

GarAndMo49, Kimster and MULDER like this.
  16. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

You can travel Maroondah Highway and quite easily get onto the Hume Highway which is the main highway leading into Sydney from the west.

Maroondah is one heck of a very long highway!!

17. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

I just went back to go over some of the earlier reports and came across this. I wonder what made police think Tej had an "affinity" with that area.

Senior Sergeant Mick Jones told the Mail there were indications he had an affinity with the Yarra Valley and Healesville.

http://upperyarra.starcommunity.com.au/mail/2016-05-02/time-to-find-tej/

18. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Welcome Reeva,
    Thankyou for being here and thank-you for taking the time out to talk with us.

GarAndMo49, MarlyWings and Kimster like this.
  19. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Still looking and hoping that there will be some news soon.

Tej_Chitnis 10.jpg

MarlyWings and Kimster like this.
  20. Kimster

Thanks @MULDER! I'm tweeting Tej again now.

MarlyWings and MULDER like this.