1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Vic TEJ CHITNIS: Missing from Burwood East, Vic - 27 April 2016 - Age 22

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by MarlyWings, Apr 28, 2016.

1. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Awesome! Thanks Kimster!

MarlyWings and Kimster like this.
  2. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

No recent updates.
    Praying for Tej's safe return home to loved ones.

3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Tweets for Tej!

MarlyWings and MULDER like this.
  4. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Help Find Tej Facebook Page
    To read the entire post: https://www.facebook.com/findtejchitnis/?fref=nf

Today this becomes a Australian Federal Police case and we will be attending the launch of the missing persons week soon.

----------

3 months today Tej has been missing - and also his car has not been found :(
    Keep the search alive - Tej has to be somewhere.

This is just a suggestion but it might be useful -
    I was out driving the other day along a stretch of country road when I saw a silver VW - the first thing I thought was - Oh god - whats Tej's number plate!!??
    I scrawled the number plate into the dust on the dashboard - (it was not Tej's car) - I checked on my phone after pulling over - but it would have been too late if it was.
    Made me think....

I now carry the number plate on a little sticker on the dash of the car - and the Police Station Number of Forest Hill, so this wont happen to me again.

TTF517

GarAndMo49, MarlyWings and Kimster like this.
  5. Kimster

Brilliant, @MULDER !

6. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Victoria Police

7 hrs ·

Tej Chitnis was last seen on Wednesday 27 April 2016 at approximately 10am leaving his Burwood East address in his silver 2005 VW Golf Hatchback, Victorian rego TTF 517. He usually drives to the Blackburn Railway station, parks his car in a nearby street and catches public transport to University. Tej's vehicle was last seen travelling east on the Maroondah Highway, Healesville near the intersecti...on of Green Street on 27 April about 11.34am.

Tej failed to return home at 4:00pm as usual and did not attend his father's birthday dinner that night. His VW Golf has also not been located. Police have concerns for Tej as this behaviour is out of character.

Tej was last seen wearing a t-shirt, jeans and black Adidas runners and is described as 170-175 cm tall, of Indian appearance (he was born in Australia to Indian parents), medium build, with short black hair.

If you have information that may assist police to locate Tej please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

#NMPW2016 #StayConnected

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/victoriapo...542541951223/1166624780076323/?type=3&theater

MULDER and Kimster like this.
  7. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

GarAndMo49, Kimster and MarlyWings like this.
  8. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

I wondered if the searchers are still out looking for Tej, and what areas they are focused on now.
    Still praying for news of this yound mans location.

9. Kimster

I wish so much that he would just call someone - anyone- and let his loved ones know he's okay!

10. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

MarlyWings likes this.
  11. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Main Stream Media

10th August 2016

From an Article dated 27th of July 2016 - SBS News - Read Full Article:
    http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/...-chitniss-family-still-looking-their-lost-son

"Please, please, just make contact to tell us you are OK, that’s all we ask.”

It’s 27 July and it has been exactly three months since Melbourne resident Tej Chitnis disappeared.
    21-year-old Tej Chitnis disappeared on April 27th after he drove his silver VW Golf from his Burwood East home in Melbourne.
    -----
    Over last three months, Tej’s family and friends have scoured Melbourne and Victoria looking for him.
    "We went to Healesville last weekend and the locals have still got his missing posters on their walls. I would like to thank them all for their continued support," Reva Chitnis, Tej's mother told SBS Hindi.
    The family urges the public to 'keep an eye out' for Tej.
    "He is somewhere. Somebody will see him eventually. We just need to keep an eye out for him," Reva says, staying positive.
    -----

In a Facebook post, the family wrote, “Tej, today is the 27th of July, that means you have now been away for an agonising 3 months.”
    “Agonising and heartbreaking not just for the family but so many friends and others supporting us, many we haven’t even met.
    Please, please, just make contact to tell us you are OK, that’s all we ask.”
    -----

It has now been 3 months and 2 weeks - and still no word from Tej.

GarAndMo49 and MarlyWings like this.
  12. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

MarlyWings and GarAndMo49 like this.
  13. fox68

fox68 Member

Tej leaves at 10am and last seen in East Burwood, his phone movements are traced and a signal states at 11.26am that his mobile was turned off, unusual for a young man supposedly about to catch a train to turn his phone off isn't it?
    Perhaps he fell prey to danger not long after he was last seen, (at the train station?) and the culprit switched off his phone in order not to be traced immediately. That is my suspicion, then after they grab him and stuff him in his car, they take off with him and try using his phone in Healesville, before switching it off again since there are no more movements attached to his phone on the last day he was seen.

14. Adoku

Adoku Member

What makes you think he was going to catch a train? Or seen at a train station? He hadn't been attending University for the last 2 years.

MULDER likes this.
  15. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

It has been 5 months today - (27th April - 27th Sept, 2016) - Tej is still missing.
    Another month gone by and one more month too long to be Missing.

Whatever the reasons be that Tej hasnt come home or made contact with his family - I hope that there will be answers as to his whereabouts.
    Keep the hope going - he cannot just vanish into thin air.

MarlyWings likes this.
  16. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

So I was road tripping this weekend into the Mountains, I stopped off at the Golden Arches in one of the bigger country towns along a main highway.
    As Im waiting for my meal - Tejs picture comes up on the in-store electronic media board on the wall next to the counter!!!
    'Have You Seen Me" was in big letters and a picture of Tej and a phone number for Crimestoppers!
    I reached into my bag to find my phone to take a picture of the notice board for you all, but unfortunately, by the time I rummaged through a
    weekends worth of rubbish I had thrown in my bag, I could not find it :(
    And I waited in line for a while to see if it would come back up - but I was holding the line up...

So I just wanted to say - this is a brilliant idea for Missing Persons - and for Tej and his family!!
    There are so many travellers who stop in and wait in line and watch the board - I just thought, wow - it could have a heap of other advertising, but it has a
    picture of a person whose family and friends need to know where he is, and a person who needs to be needs to be found.

Who ever put this initiative forward - kudos to you!
    :thankyou:

17. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Sounds a great idea Mulder! Oz is so well known for its travellers and all the various destinations from top to bottom.

If every major town and even some of the more out of the way places had similar, missing person cases would have a lot more coverage.

Cost might deter some folks but like CCTV, electronics are relatively inexpensive these days.

SoSueMe and MULDER like this.
  18. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Another month gone by and no news in the Main Stream Media.
    Never give up.
    Prayers and thoughts to the Chitnis Family in their search.
    May there be news soon.

[​IMG]

Kimster and Cupcake like this.
  19. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Where are you Tej?
    Another month missing.
    :(

Kimster likes this.
  20. Kimster

Praying!