1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Vic TEJ CHITNIS: Missing from Burwood East, Vic - 27 April 2016 - Age 22

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by MarlyWings, Apr 28, 2016.

1. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

@MULDER hi - i did not realise you were a fellow Aussie.
    Ive noticed that Chemist Discount Warehouse have started the same idea with our missing.
    They are placing photos on counter mats at the registers and give some print space on their catalogues.
    Ive been paying attention to my local store and its updated at the start of the month.
    (It looks to be a straight overprint from the Australian Missing Persons website) - good on them i reckon!
    It would be nice to see the big supermarket chains follow suit.

spike, Kimster and MULDER like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

That is brilliant!

Our local grocery store had a missing billboard, but they stuck a lottery machine in front of it. :mad: I complained and didn't get anywhere!

MissyMoo, MULDER and spike like this.
  3. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

A New Year is well on its way and there has been no news of what happened to Tej, or where he might be but there is plenty of hope on Tej's FB page.
    No one is giving up!

Come home soon Tej.

There is a short video from the Australian Federal Police for the Summer of Hope Campaign
    it can be viewed on FB Help Find Tej Chitnis page
    https://www.facebook.com/findtejchitnis/

Screenshot of the video page below - go to FB page to view.

upload_2017-1-20_10-6-8.png

4. Kimster

Tweeting for Tej tonight. :vigil:

5. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Thank-you Kimster
    :cheers:

6. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

The Doe Network listing for Tej

5082DMVIC - Tej Chitnis
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/5082dmvic.html

The Doe Network has listed:
    Dentals - unavailable
    Fingerprints - unavailable
    DNA - unavailable

I think this is because the Australian Databases for the AFP don't make these known publicly.
    I hope that they do collect these things though.

MissyMoo, spike and Kimster like this.
  7. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

SBS has posted a follow-up story for Tej - this was in January

Main Stream Media

20 JAN 2017 - 1:19PM

Read full articel at:
    http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/...7/01/20/afp-renews-call-help-find-tej-chitnis

AFP renews call to help find Tej Chitnis
    22 year old Tej Chitnis from Burwood East Melbourne, has been missing since 27th April 2016.

Tej’s family reported him as missing on the evening of 27th April 2016 when he failed to return home to attend his father’s birthday dinner. This was completely out of character for Tej.

The usual routine for Tej Chitnis was to drive to the nearby Blackburn railway station, park his car (TTF 517) in a side street and catch a train to his university. On the morning of 27th April 2016,
    Tej left his Burwood East home around 10:00 am as usual, in his silver Golf car. He has not been seen since.

“People can’t vanish like that. The car hasn’t been found, the mobile phone is switched off and his bank account hasn’t been touched”
    -----
    “His Vodafone records show his mobile phone was switched off at 11:26am, but we found out on Saturday there was a ping from his phone near Healesville at 11:49am
    so we’re looking around there now,” said Rudra, Tej’s brother.
    -----

“If he has gone on his own accord, there was something he was hiding from us, and the stress he has been under or whatever… that’s not the child we know," she added.
    -----

It's been almost nine months since Tej disappeared without a trace. the family is still hopeful and waiting for his return.
    Anyone who has seen Tej or has any information is urged to contact the Forest hill Police Station on 88473600 or call 000.

Tej_Chitnis 24 facebook.jpg

8. Kimster

Months later they learn where his phone pings last? That's unacceptable! This needs to change.

MissyMoo, spike, MULDER and 1 other person like this.
  9. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Kimster, I think the quote is a little out of place in the post - because they got that ping early on in the search, and then started looking for him in the area - along with his car which was seen.

I've always had a feeling that there was somebody in the Healsville area that might have known what happened or had something to do with Tej's disappearance.
    Was someone after his car? Was there ever a spate of car thefts or were there any known car thieves in the area.
    Somehow I think the car was in one area and Tej was in another during the searches.
    I just don't understand why there are no clues to what happened, and he hasn't been found - or the car hasn't been found.

Someone needs to come forward with some information if they know anything.

MissyMoo, spike and Kimster like this.
  10. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Just came across this article - awesome attention to get Tej's name out there..
    Hats off to the creators of this amazing project to help keep the awareness out there.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/u...elp-find-lost-loved-ones-20170409-gvh74p.html

upload_2017-4-9_23-4-55.png

APRIL 9 2017 - 9:33PM

Unmissable artworks to help find lost loved ones.
    What do you miss when someone isn't there, what makes them unmissable? Is it their smell? Their touch? The sound of their voice? Or maybe it's the way they laugh?

For Tej Chitnis' loved ones, they miss everything about him.

Tej went missing without a trace from his Burwood East home on April 27, 2016. His family and friends still hold on to hope for his return or some information of him.

"Right now we don't know any more than what we knew almost a year ago," says Tej's father, Jayant Chitnis.
    "We haven't had a single sighting, or a single clue since his car was seen in Healesville on the day of his disappearance."

A new campaign has been launched by the Missing Persons Advocacy Network – Unmissables – to help jog the memories of the public, reigniting the search for a missing person through art.
    Writer Benjamin Law and street artist Heesco created a mural of Tej on a vacant wall near Queen Victoria Market after conversations with Jayant and his wife Reva.
    The resulting mural describes Tej as a young man who loved hip-hop, basketball and making breakfast for his mum.

"Benjamin wanted to know about Tej as a person, not as a missing person, but as a young man, as a son, as a friend," said Jayant. "I think they portray who Tej was in essence."

-----

One of Tej's closest friends, Dylan Snowden, still cannot believe his friend is gone.
    "The mural is just exactly him in every way. He was very sensitive, into basketball and music. When he disappeared, a whole part of who I was just vanished."
    With another friend, Seb, the three young men had a strong bond, he thought. "We did everything together," said Dylan. "It was the three of us."

"I want to tell Tej, I hope you're OK, wherever you are. We would love to hear from you, just to tell us that you're OK, even if you don't want to come home straight away, just let us know you're OK," said Jayant.

The network would like the public can help the Unmissables campaign by nominating a wall that could be used as a canvas. "Everyone can help," Ms O'Keeffe said.
    "We also need artists and writers who can donate their time and talents through the website."

The last sighting of Tej Chitnis was of him driving his silver Golf at a petrol station in Healesville about 10am on April 27.
    Anyone who knows anything about his disappearance is urged to contact Forest Hill Police Station on 8847 3636 or triple-0.

watch the video for Tej

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Cupcake and MissyMoo like this.
  11. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

A larger screenshot from the video for Tej - A woman looks on.

TEJ CHITNIS by the unmissables poject screenshot from video.JPG

Cupcake, MissyMoo and Kimster like this.
  12. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Kimster - could we have a tweet for Tej with a link to the vid maybe?

MissyMoo likes this.
  13. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Enigma, MissyMoo and Kimster like this.
  14. Kimster

Yes! I need to add them to the gallery when I'm von a pc again. Brilliant idea! :cheers:

Cupcake, MissyMoo and MULDER like this.
  15. Kimster

Ima uploaded the video and I tweeted!

Where is Tej???

MissyMoo and MULDER like this.
  16. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Thanks so much Kimster and Ima?
    Bless you both!
    :thankyou:

Cupcake, MissyMoo and Kimster like this.
  17. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Bumping Tej's Thread - no word as yet as to where he is or what happened.
    Never give up hoping he will be found and return home safely!

Imamazed and Kimster like this.
  18. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Three years on, Tej Chitnis remains missing without a trace
    April 2019

Despite efforts from the police, community, support groups and friends of Tej Chitnis’ family during the past three years, there are no clues to his whereabouts and even his car has never been found.

Jayant Chitnis tells SBS Punjabi, “We think of Tej in all our waking hours. His car hasn’t been found, money hasn’t been withdrawn from his account, there has been no confirmed sighting – there’s just no news.”

Mother Reva Chitnis says, “It is unimaginable that a young man and his car have simply disappeared.”

“I can’t rationalise it,” she adds. ‘There is speculation, but there are far too many questions, but no answers.”

Since Tej went missing in April 2016, there was only one confirmed sighting of the young man in Healesville, where his mobile phone also ‘pinged’ for the last time.

A massive search operation was launched by Victoria Police, as well as by friends of the Chitnis family in the Healesville area, none of which yielded any leads.

“It’s hard to know for sure whether he’s alive or not,” says Mr Chitnis. “We simply have no clue. We did receive a call from a lady in New South Wales, saying she spotted someone like Tej in the Blue Mountains, but even that didn’t result in anything.”

“We live in hope though – there is nothing else we can do.”

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage...ars-tej-chitnis-remains-missing-without-trace

[​IMG]

Kimster likes this.
  20. Kimster

I really do think he had an accident somewhere. It's so sad that hecan't be found. :(

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed likes this.