1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OR TERESA PETZOLD: Missing from Drain, OR - 30 September 2014 - Age 54

Discussion in 'Missing 2010 to 2014' started by Kimster, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Teresa Petzold is legally deaf, wears contacts or glasses, had corrective braces on when she was last seen. She also has hearing aids.

Her hair is brown, shoulder length or slightly longer, very curly. Her right pinky finger had surgery due to a severe cut that required tendon repair and her ears are pierced.

I wasn't able to find any pics of her that aren't fuzzy. :( In fact, I wasn't able to find much information about her at all!

WHERE IS TERRI?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26978/0
    http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/teresa-petzold-is-missing-from-drain-oregon.663/

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    DaisyChains, noZme, Lily and 2 others like this.
  2. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

This is so sad; there isn't even any info about where she was last seen, who she may have been with, just NOTHING. It tears me up to see these cases in which no one seems to care much, if at all. I hope we can get more info and find her...everyone deserves to be loved.:sigh::vigil:

3. HyperKittenz

HyperKittenz Member

I hope that I can provide some background and information on who this wonderful woman was. I cared very deeply for her as a friend when I knew her, and have thought about her often, but unfortunately did not keep in touch with her in the last few years. I am shocked and saddened to hear she is missing. I do however, have some information that could possibly fill in some holes in her story, though may not be direct answers as to what happened to her.

I knew Terianne as a friend from between 2008-ish to 2011-ish. <modsnip> Terianne was the Marketing Director for the United Way of Deschutes County during the time I knew her, and she left that position sometime in the Fall of 2010 or Spring of 2011, my memory fails me on the exact date. We were colleagues working together to promote the United Way message for Deschutes County. We were also friends who had lunch on occasion together.

Terianne was a delightful wonderful woman with an enormous heart and an infectious smile. She never let her disability keep her from making a difference in the world and trying to help others.

I know only scattered details about her personal life, and some of this may not be accurate as I am recalling conversations had with her from years ago. I know she had a family who she had a falling out with, and either a son or daughter who she was at odds with. I vaguely recall some bad details coming with that story, though I don't want to state specifics in case I am mis-remembering. In either case, I never met her family, and to my knowledge she lived alone in Black Butte ranch in a townhome I believe.

I do, however, know she had been diagnosed with cancer when I last spoke with her face-to-face. It was type 3 or 4, the very serious kind that had a unhappy prognosis. I can't remember what she had planned for treatment, or what she was going to do moving forward. However, I remember she was very positive and optimistic about the diagnosis, and did not anticipate her life being cut short prematurely anytime soon.

She moved away from Central Oregon after taking a job in Douglas County. I think it was for another non-profit, though I can't recall which one. I emailed her a few times after she left, and she always was very upbeat and positive about her life, and what was going on. We talked about jobs, about shared experiences, and I never had any impression she was unhappy.

I can't speculate what happened after we lost touch, sadly. It is possible her cancer became more serious and she decided to take matters into her own hands and go somewhere peaceful. It's also likely there is something else that happened beyond my knowledge. I wish I knew, I really do. My heart aches knowing that this wonderful person vanished with no sign, and I can't find ANY trace through Google about her family searching for her or anything.

I will continue to do research into finding anything else I can, because as her friend, I would like to know what happened, and bring her to peace if possible. This is something that will weigh heavily on my heart, and I know others at the United Way of Deschutes County would be saddened to know of this. I will try to reach out to them as well.

Please don't give up hope. She is loved and cared for. And I desperately hope that we can find answers.

<modsnip>

Snipped by request

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
    patsella, DaisyChains, fran and 5 others like this.
  4. HyperKittenz

HyperKittenz Member

I also found a photo of her from the United Way Appreciation banquet in 2009

[​IMG]

And Two from the 2010 Days of Caring
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    patsella, DaisyChains, fran and 6 others like this.
  5. HyperKittenz

HyperKittenz Member

054.JPG Staff.jpg

Attached Files:

6. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

Oh, HI, jtroike, and :welcome:!!! I'm thrilled to see a friend of Teresa's here! Thank you so much for all the info about her; she strikes me as a fantastic person, and I can't tell you how awesome it is to have my feelings confirmed. I, too, was basically estranged from my family for a couple of years before my parents died; I know you understand my not wanting to get into details about that, but I certainly also know how it feels to be judged over a very tough decision I felt I had to make for my well-being.
    I wish I lived in your area so I could be of more help; however, Kimster does live in the Pacific Northwest, and she's a great advocate with tons of knowledge about how to deal with the missing. She's certainly not the only person here who knows the ins & outs of what can & should be done. I'll definitely be here for support, and to do as much as I can to give you a hand.
    Please know I'm thinking of & praying for both you & Terianne...I look forward to knowing both of you better. And we don't give up around here, Jennifer!:hug:
    You'll be hearing from others very soon, too!

7. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

Wow-LOOK at Terianne! She's beautiful! It's fantastic to have some great photos!!! I want so badly for her to be found; I'm hoping for the very best...

DaisyChains, noZme, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  8. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Hello, <modsnip>, and welcome to CW! Thank you very much for sharing this information - sometimes it happens that so very little is known about a missing person that it gets hard to keep a dialogue open about the case. Teresa certainly sounds like a remarkable, lovely woman with great inner strength.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
    DaisyChains, noZme, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  9. Kimster

:welcome:

It's so comforting to know Teresa has an advocate! Yes, I live near Eugene and have been to Drain a few times. I'm going to assume the sheriff's department has jurisdiction there. I'm curious to know what she was doing there? If she's used to working for nonprofits, I don't know that there's a non profit organization in Drain?

Do you have any media connections that might want to give us a name we can talk to? It would be nice to know exactly where she was last seen and what she was wearing, at least! And perhaps they would like to have better pictures of her too!

Her smile is captivating. Thank you so much for joining and giving us these pictures and more information into what a great person she is!

10. HyperKittenz

HyperKittenz Member

Thank you everyone for your responses and well wishes. I definitely would like to know more about what I can do to investigate this. I will try contacting the Drain sherriff's department to see if they can provide any information, a case file, etc.

As to what she was doing in Drain, I can't speak to that. It's possible that's where she moved to, or she was there visiting. I only knew she had moved to the Eugene / Springfield area, and don't know what non-profit she had gotten a job with when she left The UW.

The director of the UW at the time she worked there was Ken Wilhelm, who according to the UW website still is the director there. I would most definitely reach out to him, if I don't beat you to it. I worked with him closely too when doing the Image Campaign for their program. Also Bob Shaw, the Chief Meteorologist at KTVZ who still works there was the United Way representative and spokesperson during that time. He knew her well also. I'm certain they would have old photos. Ken may know in more detail where she moved to after leaving her position there.

I found her linked in profile, looks like she made 2, one for Deschutes County, and then for the Willamette County United Way, that sounds familiar I'm betting she went there to work! Maybe someone there knows more about where she was living, or more details about her last days seen.

I unfortunately work Saturdays, so will get on this when I get home, trying to reach out to Bob and Ken to see if they can assist in any way. If you have any traction in getting information from the UW of WC, please let me know! I really appreciate the support and help! I live in Seattle now, so going down there isn't something I can do without arrangements, though my family still lives in Central Oregon, so it's not too far of a side trip to go down there if I need to meet with anyone.

Again, thank you for the support!

~ Jen

11. Kimster

Gotcha. I'll see what I can do. I can be our boots on the ground here, so no worries about traveling!

Ken isn't related to Kate Wilhelm, is he? I just tried calling the phone number from Google and got to a phone tree that didn't have his name available? Perhaps I'm at the wrong UW?

12. HyperKittenz

HyperKittenz Member

13. Kimster

14. HyperKittenz

HyperKittenz Member

So I found a little more information that might aid us. She apparently owns a house in Albany: http://www.city-data.com/linn-county-or/N/NE-Alameda-Avenue-1.html#ixzz3jaQSSJpv.

She has a MySpace page, which has 3 photos of her with some other ladies I don't recognize: https://myspace.com/131332413/photos

And then on a more light hearted note, here is an article where she talks about inspiring people to give: http://www.bendbulletin.com/news/1536516-151/the-tricky-task-of-soliciting-donations-in-a

15. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Good luck everyone. Teresa looks like a sweet person, keep the prayers and researh going.

DaisyChains, GarAndMo49 and Kimster like this.
  16. Kimster

Isn't this interesting? and I just happen to need to take a trip to Albany. Maybe I can get that done this week and I'll do a drive by and see if anybody is living there.

Drain and Albany are not close to each other. At least 2 hours apart driving down the 5. I wonder what she was doing in Drain?

17. HyperKittenz

HyperKittenz Member

That is the big question. Let me know what you find out. It's possible she wasn't living there anymore, maybe rented it out... if it'd sold it should have shown up somewhere as sold. But do be careful. One never knows what kind of circumstances were involved, if there was nefarious actions by someone.... don't want anyone getting hurt doing research on this.

18. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

I'll be anxious to hear what you find out, too, Kimster...thanks for doing the legwork! And Jennifer, thanks for being concerned about Kimster's safety. I really hope we get a break through soon; I was glad to see Teresa's myspace and the article you found. I'm so impressed by Teri; and you're a great friend!

patsella, DaisyChains and Kimster like this.
  19. Kimster

I'll be careful! Looks like I won't be able to go up there until later in the week, if I make it up there this week at all. I looked at my schedule this morning and went ":eek:"

DaisyChains, MadgeS and GarAndMo49 like this.
  20. HyperKittenz

HyperKittenz Member

No worries. I'm having difficulty getting a hold of UWoDC myself. Their email doesn't work (bounceback) so I have to find time to call during their operating hours, which naturally I'm at work during! Oy vey.