1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Texas police searching for man who fired into car, killing 7-year-old *Captured*

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jan 3, 2019.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Sheriff releases sketch of suspect in killing of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes

[​IMG]

The attention of the nation now falls on Harris County as deputies seek justice for a 7-year-old girl who was gunned down Sunday while in the car with her mother and three sisters.

A suspect sketch and clearer video of his truck were released Thursday in the hunt for Jazmine Barnes' killer.

During a meeting with media on Thursday, Jazmine's mother, LaPorsha Washington, provided a new description of the suspect.

She said he was a white man with blue eyes, wearing a black hoodie and looked "sick" and skinny. Washington said the man did not have on glasses and did not have a beard, which was previously reported.

Washington and Jazmine's two older sisters then met with renowned sketch artist Lois Gibson at the Harris County Sheriff's Office Detective's Bureau.

"They were quiet but strong," said Gibson of the sisters, ages 13 and 15. Gibson says the sketch took about an hour to complete and she had to make only a few tweaks. When she showed them the sketch, Gibson said the girls were weeping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also Thursday, Washington described more of the encounter with her daughter's killer. She said the red truck was on the passenger's side of her vehicle before the shooting. Washington said the driver of the pickup truck went behind her vehicle before switching lanes and getting on the driver's side.

The suspect then reportedly started firing shots on the driver's side of the vehicle, where Washington was in the driver's seat and Jazmine was sitting directly behind her.

Jazmine's 15-year-old sister, Alxis Dilbert, was able to see the suspect's face.

"You know when you're driving and you look in someone's car and you make eye contact? It was like that," said Dilbert.

The search for Jazmine's killer and the effort to bring him to justice has gained recognition nationwide with celebrities, including Gabrielle Union, Olivia Wilde, Ava DuVernay, Bun B and Trae Tha Truth calling on people to help solve her murder.

Jazmine died after investigators say someone in a red, four-door pickup truck pulled alongside her family's vehicle near a Walmart along the east Beltway and Wallisville Road and fired.

"Justice will prevail and I'm going to be leading the charge. I won't stop. I won't quit. I don't care how long it takes," said Chris Cevilla, Jazmine's father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Journalist Shaun King and civil rights attorney Lee Merritt have come together to offer a reward for information leading to the arrest of Jazmine's killer, increasing the amount to $100,000.

If you have any information about the shooting, call the Harris County Sheriff's Office or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

https://abc13.com/sheriff-releases-sketch-of-7-year-old-jazmine-barnes-killer/5008399/

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Cops release sketch of suspect they believe murdered seven-year-old Jazmine Barnes in a Texas Walmart parking lot, as her family claims her killing was a hate crime and the reward for information rises to $100k

Police have released a sketch of the man they believe killed a seven-year-old Houston girl who was shot dead seemingly at random in her family's car this week.

Jazmine Barnes was in the back seat of her family's car with her three siblings and mother when the driver of a red pickup truck pulled alongside the vehicle and fired inside, killing her on Sunday December 30.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office has released the sketch of the suspect based on descriptions by Jazmine's family.

The suspect is a white man with pale skin, blue eyes, a thin build and a mustache and is believed to be in his 30s or 40s. He was wearing a black hoodie at the time of the shooting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jazmine's tragic death has caught national attention leading activists like Shaun King and celebrities like Gabrielle Union and Olivia Wilde to rally for her killer to be found.

Houston activists earlier Wednesday held a news conference, saying they believed the attack was racially motivated and pointed to an unsolved incident in the area in 2017 in which a suspect described as white shot into a vehicle carrying at least two black people.

Authorities said they are investigating the possibility of a hate crime and the 2017 case. Investigators are comparing the shell casings from the shooting to other cases to see if there are any connections.

'We are not going to rest until we have justice for Jazmine. We’re continuing to proceed with different strategies to try to find this coward of a killer, this person that does not need to be on our streets,' Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eve-killed-seven-year-old-Jazmine-Barnes.html

4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Connected or not, I hope they find this monster.
    Monster is too kind. He intentionally shot into a vehicle carrying a mother and 4 children.
    :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Whatsnext, Kimster, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  5. Blue G 3

Blue G 3 Active Member

Just Sad. What the HELL is wrong with people? :banghead:

6. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

upload_2019-1-4_8-46-56.png

Whatsnext likes this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Wow. Class act.

DeAndre Hopkins pledges $29,000 paycheck to Jazmine Barnes’ family

DeAndre Hopkins, a star wide receiver with the Houston Texans, pledged Thursday to donate his playoff paycheck this week to the family of the late Jazmine Barnes, the 7-year-old who was killed in a drive-by shooting in Texas.

“When I see Jazmine Barnes’ face, I see my own daughter,” Hopkins said in a tweet. He added he would pledge his game check to help the family with funeral costs.

According to the NFL, Hopkins is set to make $29,000 for Saturday’s AFC Wild Card game against the Indianapolis Colts in Houston.

“On Saturday, I will be playing in your honor, Jazmine,” Hopkins said.

After posting the tweet, Hopkins spoke Thursday at his locker about deciding to donate the check to Barnes’ family.

“I hate to hear what happened,” he said. “The City of Houston is always supportive of me, of this team. So, I felt in my heart, it’s only right that I give back to those who are down.”

He added: “I wasn’t blessed with a lot of things so my mom and myself, we always say once we get to where we want to get to, we always want to give back. That’s the mission we try to live by.”

https://wtvr.com/2019/01/04/deandre-hopkins-jazmine-barnes/

Paradise, Whatsnext and Kimster like this.
  8. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

A seven year old girl, this is just horrible...no matter if it's a hate crime or not, this guy has to be locked up for life. Fly high, little Jazmine ! :vigil:

9. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Jazmine Barnes death: Community holds vigil as police hunt for killer of 7-year-old girl

Hundreds in the Houston community gathered Saturday to honor the 7-year-old victim of a driveby shooting whose killer is still on the run.

An overflow crowd of more than 500 gathering to support Jazmine's family.

"We gonna find him no matter what corner we have to turn, no matter what rock we got to go under, we gonna find you man," said her heartbroken mother, LaPorsha Washington, who was also shot in the attack.

The event, a fundraiser for the family, had another purpose that organizers say is even more important: Keeping Jazmine's death on people's minds.

"We are out here to support her because being a family and to lose your daughter as in a situation like this is a tragedy," said one attendee.

It's been almost a week since the 7-year-old was shot in the head by a passing motorist while riding in her mother's car along with her three sisters. Even with a $100,000 reward now out there, no one has yet been held accountable.

The hope of many at the vigil Saturday is that Jazmine's killer will be arrested before she's laid to rest on Tuesday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jazmin...il-today-police-search-for-killer-2019-01-05/

Kimster, Whatsnext and Paradise like this.
  11. spike

spike Bronze Member

Arrest in this case.

SoSueMe, Whatsnext and Paradise like this.
  12. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Man Charged With Capital Murder in Death of Jazmine Barnes

LaPorsha Washington, center, at a rally for her daughter, Jazmine Barnes, in Houston on Saturday. A 20-year-old man has been charged with capital murder in Jazmine’s fatal shooting last month.CreditWilliam Chambers for The New York Times
    [​IMG]
    Image[​IMG]
    LaPorsha Washington, center, at a rally for her daughter, Jazmine Barnes, in Houston on Saturday. A 20-year-old man has been charged with capital murder in Jazmine’s fatal shooting last month.CreditCreditWilliam Chambers for The New York Times

By Mihir Zaveri

• Jan. 6, 2019
    The Harris County Sheriff’s Office said early Sunday morning that a 20-year-old man had been charged with capital murder for the killing of Jazmine Barnes, the 7-year-old who was fatally shot inside a moving car near Houston last month when she and her family went out to get coffee.

Contrary to previous reports from the authorities that the gunman was a white man, the man who was arrested and charged — Eric Black Jr. — is black, a spokesman for the sheriff’s office said Sunday. The sheriff’s office also said that there could be other suspects. Investigators do not believe that Jazmine or her family were targeted, and that they were “possibly shot as a result of mistaken identity,” the sheriff’s office said.

Jazmine was in the car with her mother and three sisters on Dec. 30 when a man in a red pickup truck pulled up beside them and began shooting. A bullet struck Jazmine in the head and she died at the scene, the police said.

Jason Spencer, the sheriff’s office spokesman, said Sunday that he did not know if Mr. Black had been booked into jail yet. It was not immediately clear if Mr. Black had an attorney.

The initial description of the gunman as a white man was based on accounts of the shooting from the family, the sheriff’s office said in a news conference last week. The case had drawn national attention across the country.

After Jazmine’s killing, the public mobilized to help the family. About 1,000 people attended a rally on Saturday.

LaPorsha Washington, Jazmine’s mother, had told The Houston Chronicle that she believed the attack was racially motivated.

“I have no tint on my windows or anything so you can see there is a mother — a black mother — with daughters, beautiful children,” Ms. Washington told CNN. “You took my baby from me and you have no care in the world.”

Shaun King, a prominent racial justice activist and a columnist at The Intercept, had offered a $100,000 reward for information leading to the gunman’s arrest. DeAndre Hopkins, a wide receiver for the Houston Texans, pledged to donate his paycheck from this weekend’s playoff game, which amounts to $29,000, to help pay for Jazmine’s funeral.

The sheriff’s office said a tip led to Mr. Black’s arrest, and that he had admitted to participating in the shooting.

Mr. Spencer said Mr. Black was from the Houston area.

“Our work is not finished, but I believe the people of Harris County can take comfort in knowing we have made great progress,” Sheriff Ed Gonzalez of Harris County, Tex., said in a statement Sunday.

Lee Merritt, a Philadelphia-based lawyer representing Jazmine’s family, did not immediately respond to a request seeking comment Sunday morning.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/06/us/jazmine-barnes-arrest.html#click=https://t.co/WBXnfKOQZj

13. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Two men arrested in Jazmine Barnes shooting death, reports say
    By Dom Calicchio | Fox News
    [​IMG]

Larry Woodruffe, 24, has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of a 7-year-old girl, according to a report. (Harris County Sheriff's Office)

Continue Reading Below

Two men have been arrested in the shooting death of Jazmine Barnes, a 7-year-old Texas girl who was struck by a bullet while traveling in a car with her family on Dec. 30, according to reports.

A statement from the Harris County Sheriff's Office named one suspect as Eric Black Jr., 20, and said he was being charged with capital murder.

The second suspect was not named in the statement, but Houston's KTRK-TV reported that Larry Woodruffe, 24, also has been arrested and is believed to be the gunman.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Further details from the sheriff's office will be disclosed at a news conference Sunday afternoon, authorities said.

Continue Reading Below

"All evidence gathered so far in the Jazmine Barnes Homicide case supports investigators’ strong belief that she and her family were innocent victims," the sheriff's office tweeted early Sunday.

The gunfire came from a pickup truck that had pulled up alongside the family's vehicle, authorities have said. In the same shooting, Jazmine’s mother was shot in one of her arms, while the girl’s three sisters were unharmed, authorities have said.

“I didn’t see anything but shattered glass and bullets coming toward my car,” the girl’s mother, LaPorsha Washington, told the Associated Press earlier this week.

One of Jazmine’s siblings was the first to realize that the 7-year-old had been killed, Washington told Houston’s KTRK-TV.

"She said, 'Momma, Jazmine's not moving. She's not talking.' I turned around and my 7-year-old was shot in the head," Washington told the station.

Police earlier this week released an artist’s sketch of a possible suspect, but KTRK reported that sources said the suspect who was apprehended does not resemble the drawing.

The girl’s death sparked an outpouring of concern from around the nation, FOX 26 reported.

Retired pro basketball star Shaquille O’Neal and veteran Houston police Officer Kenneth Miles recently said they would pay for the girl’s funeral.

Miles told FOX 26 this week that he was with O’Neal when he first heard about Jazmine’s death.

“He and I talked about the thought of losing one of our children and instantly it touched our hearts,” Miles said, recalling his conversation with O’Neal. “He actually suggested we come up with something that could lighten the burden, that could help the family out. He and I decided to split the cost of the funeral services.”

FOX 26 reporters later accompanied Miles as he delivered a check to the funeral home.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/at-least...ath-reports-say.amp?__twitter_impression=true

14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

New details reveal suspects fired at Jazmine Barnes' vehicle by mistake

New details in the deadly shooting of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes revealed the suspects fired at the car she was in by mistake. According to court documents, the suspects believed it was another vehicle.

An investigation tip led authorities to 20-year-old Eric Black Jr. who has been charged with capital murder in the deadly shooting and a second suspect has been taken into custody.

An investigation revealed evidence that corroborated the tip, authorities say, and Black was taken into custody in east Harris County without incident. He later reportedly admitted to taking part in the shooting.

Black appeared in court just before 5 a.m. Sunday. During court, it was revealed the suspects learned they had fired into the wrong vehicle after watching the news.

Documents also revealed sources stated the suspected vehicle in the deadly shooting was not the red pickup truck, and that Black was driving a rental vehicle of unknown description.

According to a judge, Black returned the vehicle after the shooting and got a new rental - which he was driving at the time of the arrest.

During the investigation, Black said the pistol used in the shooting was at his residence. He signed a consent to search and investigators recovered a nine-millimeter pistol - which is consistent with the caliber of shell casings recovered at the original scene.

After his court appearance, the state asked Black to be held without bail.

Following Black's arrest, sources told ABC13 Larry Woodruffe, 24, was also arrested as a second suspect in the case. Those sources said Woodruffe is believed to be the shooter.

Woodruffe appeared in court Sunday morning on a drug possession charge, where a judge said he is also a suspect in a capital murder investigation.

A judge set Larry Woodruffe's bail to $100,000.

https://abc7chicago.com/suspects-in-jazmine-barnes-case-fired-at-wrong-vehicle/5024238/

Paradise, Kimster and Whatsnext like this.
  15. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

16. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

STUNNING UPDATE: Mother of Jazmine Barnes Was Facebook Friends with her Daughter’s Killer
    [​IMG] by Jim Hoft January 6, 2019 84 Comments
    Texas authorities arrested and charged a man in the fatal shooting of 7-year-old girl Jazmine Barnes, whose death captured national attention and sparked a manhunt for the killer.

The original reports from the family who witnessed the shooting death of Jasmine described the shooter as a “white male in his 30s.”

Trans black activist Shaun King offered a $100,000 reward for the arrest of the shooter.

[​IMG]

And police sent out a drawing of the shooter based on the family’s description.
    [​IMG]

Harris County Texas police announced on Sunday that 20-year-old Eric Black Jr. was arrested and charged with capital murder in the death of Jasmine Barnes.

The Harris County Sheriff’s Office released a statement following Black’s arrest.

Investigators identified Black as a suspect based on a tip.

Subsequent investigation revealed evidence that corroborated the tip, and Black was taken into custody in East Harris County without incident.

Black then admitted to taking part in the shooting. Investigators are continuing to pursue evidence that could possibly lead to other suspects being charged in this case.

Jazmine’s mother was driving Jazmine and her three sisters southbound on the East Sam Houston Parkway feeder road near Wallisville Road at approximately 6:50 a.m. when they were fired upon by someone in another vehicle.

Now here is a new twist.
    The family said the killer was a “white male in his 30s” but he was a black male… This is odd because the family who witnessed the shooting described the killer to the police.
    And now we know the mother of Jazmine Barnes is a Facebook friend with her baby girl’s killer.

Well what do you know?

Jazmine’s mother’s name is La Porsha Washington.

The killers were black males — and at least one was Facebook friends with the mother.

Oh my.

The mother has been booked before.

COULD BE A DRUG DEAL GONE BAD!
    Via 0H0UR1–
    [​IMG]

Stunning.

MORE— There is video of the mother crying in the hospital bed.

Gentlemen?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...s-facebook-friends-with-her-daughters-killer/

GatorD and spike like this.