1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NSW THE GAROTTE MAN: Found in La Perouse, NSW - 17 Feb 1995 *IDENTIFIED - Ivan Cselik*

Discussion in 'Australia: Cold Cases' started by MULDER, May 31, 2015.

1. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Ahaha, GMTA!

There were a lot of young men - and gay men - murdered in that era. But I believe the majority were bashed to death, as that was a kind of sick sport among the street gangs and 'lads' out drinking, probably a way of 'proving' they were badass and macho, instead of scummy losers.

I think it would be very interesting to see whether there were any others who were oddly 'clean'.

Sam Willis, MULDER and spike like this.
  2. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

I believe he was wearing his own clothes and oddly enough, no jewellry was removed -
    His clothing was European and designer wear - Labelled apparell.
    He seemed to be dressed smart casual. Daywear.
    Edited: removed line...

Im starting to doubt slightly, the story regarding him to be a debt collector (or at least a criminal collector) - he had no criminal record.
    Not that these things are manditory, but, no tattoos (as you mentioned) - it was stated in his profile that he was said to have possibly walked with a limp due to the operation on his leg -
    Doesnt sound like someone who would be able to run after somebody - or to capable to run away fast, himself. Sounds no threatening (though not if youve got a gun, I guess)
    Though I do wonder where he got his money from the travel to Australia - its not a cheap flight.

Where did he fly in from - which country? UK? Germany? New Zealand?
    I wonder if he had a return airfare and where was that too?
    What was his visa type and how long was he expecting to stay in Australia? - Customs would have that information.
    He never boarded the plane - if he did have a return flight - so where was the return flight going to and when was he due to leave?
    His travel route must be available somewhere - from & to.
    Accompanying passenger must be able to be detected as well (with his ticket sales maybe there were two tickets?)
    What was his luggage bag check-in size?

I wonder if he was clean with fresh water, and where there were any traces of salt water or sand in his clothing or shoes.

On a continuing note: a point about taxi driver Ezzedine Bahmad; he was not robbed of his takings he had on him for the nights work - although the Leonard and Shipley had no money for the fare.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Lily likes this.
  3. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

It makes me think that Ivan was either at the beach - at the gym - in the shower - or somewhere that he was vulnerable like a private home/hotel/place with facilities.
    He's not a small guy, and I suspect it was the job of more than one person.

I believe that he was dumped by turning his pockets inside to use to lift him (mentioned above in early posts)
    I also think that chord that was left around his neck was used to carry him somehow too? - otherwise why leave the cord around the neck after he was dead and cleaned. Seems very 'Unprofessional' - yet, if it was used to carry the upper body torso, it might leave marks enough to think he was garotted with it, and leave only little/slight lividity marks on the skin from man handling after death.

How bloodied was the cord? If there was very little blood or none, I assume the cord was placed there after he was dead and re-dressed (if thats what happened).

I also think that his luggage was with him - if he was not naked at the time he was killed - then the clothing he wore when he was found (including his shoes) were fresh and could have been placed on him
    after he was murdered - replacing his previously worn clothes.
    It seems so strange then to think that his watch band was clean. (Theres no mention that it had blood on it) Maybe he wasnt wearing it at the time of his death.

I wish someone who knew Ivan from overseas could give more details to Crimestoppers about him.
    CRIMESTOPPERS 1800 333 000

Sam Willis and Lily like this.