1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NSW THE MAN ON THE RACK: Male - Found in Sydney's Hawkesbury River, NSW - Aug 1994 *Identified*

Discussion in 'Australia: Located/Resolved' started by Kimster, May 31, 2015.

1. sheena

sheena New Member

Sorry for the sudden absence guys!

Kimster, I've been there many times! Not for the same reason most go there though haha. Being from Sydney I've used it as a stop when travelling up the coast, which I've done a lot because holidays, family etc. I went over the bridge for the first time since reading about the island not long ago and it completely changed the feeling. Very creepy!

Mulder, I honestly don't know much about tides but I can tell you the direction the body travelled was towards Broken Bay which opens to the ocean if that's helpful. There's still heavy fishing in the area though I couldn't say what they're fishing for exactly, I just know it's very common for the boats to be on the water and the boat ramp is often very busy. Not a shock about the weed, pretty sure that's where my area got it's supply from when I was young and dumb around 10 years ago haha. Wouldn't know now though.

Unsure whether it's been in the previously linked articles but word is they're turning the island in to condos or a resort?

There's just something about the rack that points towards the asylum. Granted it could have been a gang/bikie/drug thing too but I really can't think of another case around here where they've been laid out on something like that.:thinking:

2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Thanks for the info, @sheena ! Good to have you back! :hug:

spike likes this.
  3. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/n...-years/video/6d5c438116c9c4747372a237ed933f8d

Rack Man has been identified as Max Tancevski, Missing since 11 January 1993 at Newtown, Sydney.

Crucified body of NSW's 'Rack Man' identified after 25 years

After 25 years a coroner using new DNA technology has identified the body of a man who was discovered crucified at the bottom of the Hawkesbury River in NSW. True Crime Australia's Charles Miranda has told Sky News known gambler Max Tancevski left his Sydney house in 1993 on a betting spree but has no known links to the underworld, despite investigations pursuing the possibility at the time he went missing. Mr Miranda says police still have no idea who committed the murder, but the information has been passed on to the cold case homicide squad to investigate further.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and Kimster like this.
  4. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Why did it take the Police this long to make this match? Max Tancevski has been listed as missing since 1993.

6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I don't remember seeing the sketch you have there. The clay one doesn't look like the missing fellow at all. Maybe that's what happened? Still, I don't understand why it took this long to match DNA.

Scorpio and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.