1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

UK The murder of little James Bulger - 1993

Discussion in 'Europe: Crimes & Trials' started by noZme, Jan 7, 2018.

1. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Kirkby, Merseyside, England
    [​IMG]
    James was a two-year old who stepped away from his mum at a shopping center, was taken by 2 ten year old boys, tortured & killed. His mutilated body was found on a railway line two-and-a-half miles (4 km) away in Walton, Liverpool, two days after his murder.

Jon Venables & Robert Thompson killed James Bulger. After serving eight-year sentences, they were granted lifelong anonymity that saw them released with new identities in 2001.

'If I'd turned right instead of left, I'd have saved his life': James Bulger's mother reveals her biggest regret as she relives EVERY shattering moment of her son's murder for the first time 25 years on:
    • James Bulger's mother describes here the day he was taken
    • Denise Fergus says: 'When I looked down, James was gone'
    • She adds: 'The only time I let go of his hand was to pay'
    • Denise frantically searched for James but says nobody understood her panic
    • The next day she was told to come straight to the police station
    • The DCI knelt down beside her and said: ‘We’ve found him and it’s not good news.’
    CCTV of killers leading James out
    also video of killers being questioned

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...her-reveals-biggest-regret.html#ixzz53WZkjozQ

Venables, had his parole revoked in 2010 and was jailed for two years for possession of child sex abuse images on his laptop. He was granted parole again in July 2013.

Multiple links here about Venables' re-arrests
    ttp://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/jon-venables

James Bulger's mum calls son's killer Jon Venables a "vile, perverted psychopath" after he's put back in jail
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/james-bulgers-mum-calls-sons-11572898

'You can't rewire evil': James Bulger's furious dad says Jon Venables should never be freed
    video of Venables' 1993 interview confession
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/you-cant-rewire-evil-james-11576286

much more info about this notorious case on the internet
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I haven't read about the trial yet. but I think it's significant that Venables' confession, he blurts out "then it was Robbie's idea to kill him." Then he didn't want to speak anymore. This appears to me to be a textbook definition of psychopath.

Together the 2 boys tortured & killed James - something they may not have done alone. Were they at the shopping center searching for a vulnerable child? They immediately led James out & away.

And 8 years in prison. Was that more like a boarding school? What is appropriate punishment?

Isn't 10 years old a very young age to have masochistic impulses? ............. never mind, I checked that definition, masochist is associated with sexual gratification, so that's probably the wrong term. I am going to study this case more - somebody talk to me - anonymous murder by young children. How can this happen? Other cases I know were children killing abusers.

Ladyslug and spike like this.
  3. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

To clarify, Venables was arrested in 2010 & sent to prison & arrested again in 2017

They were found guilty on 24 November 1993, making them the youngest convicted murderers in modern English history. They were sentenced to custody until they reached adulthood, initially until the age of 18, and were released under new identities and on a lifelong licence in June 2001. In 2010, Venables was recalled to prison for breaching the terms of his licence, and was released on parole again in 2013. In November 2017, Venables was again sent to prison for breaching his licence by allegedly possessing child abuse images on his computer.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

Uno2Much, Ladyslug and spike like this.
  4. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I couldn't even finish the wikipedia article right now. It's too horrible what they did to James. And it was masochistic.

Kimster, Ladyslug and spike like this.
  5. spike

spike Bronze Member

I remember this horrible case.
    Such evil.

Uno2Much and Ladyslug like this.
  6. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

This was a horrible case
    It was because of there young age that they only were sentanced to serve till 18
    Venables seems to keep offending hopefully he will get a long time this time
    The other lad seems to have turned his life around so maybe it was venables idea all along.

Uno2Much and spike like this.
  7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I remember this case, too. It gave me nightmares!

Ladyslug likes this.