1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

THOMAS NARAMORE: Arkansas vs. Wade Naramore - Child left in hot car - July 2015 *NOT GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by charlie, Jul 25, 2015.

1. charlie

charlie gruntled

This is the same judge who has been dealing with the Stanley kids.

http://www.katv.com/story/29628812/small-child-found-dead-in-hot-car-in-hot-springs

MadgeS and byo like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Wait, what? A judge's child?

MadgeS and MicciStellaBoGi like this.
  3. charlie

charlie gruntled

yes, one in a very public case.

MadgeS, MicciStellaBoGi and byo like this.
  4. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

It happens to everyone, regardless of status or position. Happened to a teacher in the next county over a few months ago. She went in to teach school while her child baked and died in the car in the parking lot. Simply heartbreaking:(

This is a great article http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...e0fe3a-f580-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html

I'm so thankful my boys are older!!

MadgeS and Kimster like this.
  5. charlie

charlie gruntled

I agree, it is heartbreaking, but no it doesn't happen to everyone.
    It certainly doesn't happen to everyone at home.

6. Lambchop

Lambchop Administrator Staff Member

The way to make sure it does not happen is to always check your backseat as you exit the car. I put items on my backseat and I don't even have a small child. So I always check the backseat to make sure I did not leave anything in the car that I need. It's not difficult to do that. Just requires that you routinely do this if you have a child or not. Sometimes adults are busy on their phone, preoccupied with up coming meetings they plan to attend, etc. Nothing is more important than checking to see if you have your child in the car so we need to stop excusing people for their forgetfulness. jmo

MadgeS, spike, charlie and 2 others like this.
  7. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

charlie likes this.
  8. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

What a beautiful little boy. RIP

MicciStellaBoGi and believe09 like this.
  9. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

He is beautiful and what a horrendous loss. I am waiting for the explanation regarding driving to the neighbors however.

MicciStellaBoGi likes this.
  10. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

I meant to say every type of person, not everyone. My bad. You're right about it not happening as often at home. Usually it's at the parents work.

believe09 and MicciStellaBoGi like this.
  11. President Pope Dewey

President Pope Dewey Sanity is a state of mind

It wouldn't save every life of a child, but maybe it's time someone comes out with a tether cord that hooks into the car's ECU, that would set an alarm off if the driver gets out and closes the door before the child is removed. Then of course we would also need for the powers that be to make it mandatory to use it if you have a child (or pet) in the car.

spike likes this.
  12. charlie

charlie gruntled

If it was a gun there would be calls to ban guns...I don't hear anyone suggesting to ban cars, or suggesting parents have licenses to be parents.

I think if you're responsible for deciding who gets to be a parent for choices made in a home, you have a higher responsibility to make sure you get your child out of the car.

13. President Pope Dewey

President Pope Dewey Sanity is a state of mind

I can't disagree with that, but as we know, it happens far too often.

14. spike

spike Bronze Member

If we are all this stressed-out-busy and distracted...then things need to change.
    Not enough room on entire site to discuss
    that....too much emphasis on "success" by way of things, stuff. Crosses over all socio-economic levels. Just sayin'.
    I remember when children were the mark of success...

daisy7 likes this.
  15. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:maddening:

We had THREE left in cars TODAY!

EUGENE, Ore. – The Eugene Police Department responded to three incidents of children or babies left in hot vehicles on Wednesday, a day with high temperatures in the upper 90s.

The children were left alone in the vehicles while their parents went shopping or attended to their own business.

http://www.kval.com/news/local/Police-Children-left-in-hot-cars-319661121.html

16. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Seriously, this has got to stop!

:(
    fran

MadgeS, daisy7 and Kimster like this.
  17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Judge Naramore and wife release statement on son's hot car death

"On July 24, 2015, we experienced a parent's worst nightmare when our son, Thomas, tragically passed away. No words can ever explain the depth of our love for him. This has taken an unimaginable toll on our family, friends, and all those who knew the pure joy of our sweet baby boy. We have learned that we are far from alone in our struggle, as diligent and loving parents from all walks of life have suffered this catastrophic loss under similar horrifying circumstances.

"In addition to covering the prevalence and risk factors of hot car deaths, local and state news media have reported on the pending investigation into the circumstances surrounding our son's death. We have cooperated and will continue to cooperate with law enforcement and with Mr. Scott Ellington, who has been appointed as the special prosecutor in this matter. We have also cooperated fully with Mr. David Sachar, the Executive Director of the Judicial Discipline & Disability Commission.

"We are trying to be as patient as possible as the investigation takes place. We ask for the public's patience with respect to that process as well. We, as much as anyone, want the matter concluded. Once it is complete and a decision has been made, regardless of the outcome, we desire to raise additional awareness by sharing our story in an effort to prevent this from happening to other children and families in the future. If even one child is saved and one family spared by the publicity generated by this horrible accident, it will make all the difference in the world.

"We thank you for your continued prayers and good thoughts."

Wade and Ashley Naramore

http://katv.com/news/local/judge-naramore-and-wife-release-statement-on-sons-hot-car-death

fran likes this.
  18. charlie

charlie gruntled

If he's not prosecuted and goes back to deciding when families stay together or need to split up... I wonder if he'll look at anything differently? I wonder if he'll give other families the same benefit of the doubt he would like the public to have with him.

fran and MadgeS like this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

3 judges recuse in lawsuit over 911 recordings in child's hot-car death

Garland County's circuit judges said Thursday that they were recusing from hearing a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit that seeks the release of 911 recordings involving the death of Circuit Judge Wade Naramore's son.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...cuse-in-lawsuit-over-911-rec/?f=news-arkansas

Special judge will hear 911-call lawsuit

A retired Arkansas Court of Appeals judge has been assigned to hear a Freedom of Information Act complaint that seeks the release of 911 recordings in the death of Garland County Circuit Judge Wade Naramore's son.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...ge-will-hear-911-call-lawsui/?f=news-arkansas

spike, charlie and fran like this.
  20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

charlie, daisy7, fran and 1 other person like this.