1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TN TONETTA CARLISLE: Missing from Chattanooga, TN - 16 March 1989 - Age 15

Discussion in 'Missing 1980 to 1989' started by ~Lyric~, May 4, 2015.

1. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Tonetta Carlisle was 15 years old when she disappeared. She was walking home from City High School, where she was a freshman, to her family's house in the 600 block of Hamilton Avenue.

[​IMG]

Tonetta Carlisle is a black female, with black hair and brown eyes, 5'11", 95 pounds at the time of her disappearance. She was last seen wearing a pink and white striped blouse, a denim skirt and white sneakers.

Around 3:00pm on March 16, 1989, Tonetta was seen walking a half block from home, on Ruth Avenue. A woman glanced up the hill and saw several people jump out of a tan and yellow car with Tennessee tag LKH-920. The woman watched as they pulled Tonetta into the car and sped away.

The license number of the car involved in the abduction traced back to convicted rapist Jeffrey Jones. Jones killed himself two days after Tonetta's disappearance.

If you have information on this case, please use the form below or call the cold case hotline: 423-209-7470

http://www.chattanoogada.com/carlisle-tonetta.html

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/tonetta-carlisle-missing-from-chattanooga-tn.220/

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
    Akoya and spike like this.
  2. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

The Charley Project:
    http://charleyproject.org/case/tonetta-yvette-carlisle

Missing Kids:
    http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/722063/1

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/fe...netta-carlisle-ageenhanced-photo.shtml?wap=0&

Reliving the Memories, a story about Tonetta's Mom.

Nonie Sturdivant knows what these families in Cleveland have been through. Her daughter, Tonetta Carlisle, has been missing now for 24 years.And the Cleveland discovery brought back a flood of memories.Sturdivant has watched every detail unfold with a very heavy heart. I was happy for the other girls in Cleveland, but tears just started rolling down my face because I wish that had been my baby cried out and somebody heard her and rescued her, Sturdivant said.Carlisle, 15-years-old at the time, was abducted on March 15, 1989.In the days following, police and volunteers launched a massive search. At the time, Carlisle was a freshman at City High and was walking home to Hamilton Avenue.One look today and you see how much the North Chattanooga area has changed over the years.But Back in March 1989, a woman saw several suspects jump out of a tan and yellow vehicle and force the petite girl inside. She weighed only 95 pounds. The car came back to Jeffrey Jones, who had served eight years for rape. Jones killed himself within two or three days of Carlisle's disappearance.Sturdivant has her theory of what happened, I think Tonetta put up a fight and I believe he accidentally hurt my baby.

edited by staff to fix link to the Charley Project

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2018
    Akoya and spike like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Vanished: Learn more about Tennessee's missing children

Of the more than two dozen missing children featured by the TBI, half are now age 18 or older, including Tonetta Carlisle, who disappeared while returning home from school on March 15, 1989.

"She would be 43 this year," her mother, Nonie Sturdivant, said Monday. Chattanooga police believe the girl was abducted by a group of men at age 15.

Thomas' case, which has garnered national attention, evokes a flood of memories for the 65-year-old wounded woman.

"It brings me right back to her. What I could and should have did back then," Sturdivant said. "I wish I hadn't been at work that day. She was walking home from school and just never arrived."

Police say witnesses saw a group of men jump out of a car and force the girl into the vehicle. The car came back to Jeffrey Jones, who served eight years for rape before her disappearance. Jones killed himself within a few days of the girl's disappearance and her body has never been found.

For now, the case is frozen.

Although, as time passes and she wonders if her daughter is still alive, Sturdivant has never given up hope.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...rn-more-tennessees-missing-children/99529224/

Akoya, Kimster and spike like this.
  4. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

Paradise likes this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

NEVER FORGOTTEN: DA reopens cold case of Tonetta Carlisle, missing since 1989

District Attorney Neil Pinkston is reopening the missing persons case of Tonetta Carlisle. She was 15 years old when she disappeared on March 16, 1989 while walking home from school.

Pinkston says they've been able to eliminate some of the other theories that were once part of the investigation. Now, they've centered in on convicted rapist Jeffrey Jones.

He killed himself two days after Tonetta's disappearance, but they've never been able to locate her remains.

Investigators have gotten a new DNA sample from Tonetta's mother and brother and resubmitted it to the database, looking for new matches.

On Thursday, Tonetta's mom and brother took us to the place where she was last seen.

"She could have gotten marriedhad children I missed out on all of it," Nonie Sturdivant said.

It's been years since they've been at that very spot on Hamilton Avenue.

"You can’t help but feel a chill because I know this was the block my sister was walking on when she got snatched," Darrell Stewart explained.

https://newschannel9.com/news/local/da-reopens-cold-case-of-tonetta-carlyle