1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

PA TRACY MARIE KROH: Missing from Halifax, PA - 5 Aug 1989 - Age 17

Discussion in 'Missing 1980 to 1989' started by PlainJaneDoe, May 15, 2019.

1. PlainJaneDoe

PlainJaneDoe Bronze Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2019
  2. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

https://www.pennlive.com/crime/2019...ed-to-woman-who-disappeared-30-years-ago.html
    upload_2019-5-15_19-57-6.jpeg

Police on Monday were searching an area in northern Dauphin County in relation to the disappearance of teen Tracy Kroh in 1989.

“We are operating on the best new information and we are encouraged,” Dauphin County District Attorney Fran Chardo said Monday

Chardo said investigators went to the location as a result of new developments in the case, and they hope to use "new technology to bring closure to this case."

However, Chardo declined to detail the new development or say whether police have a suspect.

CBS 21 reported Monday the search involves a property off Middle Road and the property has ties to someone who might be connected to the disappearance. Chardo said the area being searched is near where a home once existed.

Kroh was 17 when she was last seen on on Aug. 5, 1989 at the Alex Acres Trailer Park off Route 147 near Halifax. She had gone there to drop off items for her sister and brother-in-law, who weren’t home. She dropped off the items around 10 p.m. but never returned to her family’s Millersburg home. Her car was found the following day at the town square in Millersburg.

Authorities long ago concluded the 90-pound girl, about to start her senior of high school, was abducted, probably by someone she knew. Although it is still considered a missing person case, state police are treating it like a homicide investigation said state police spokeswoman Trooper Megan Frazer.

KareBear, Kimster, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  3. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

https://fox43.com/2019/05/15/3rd-straight-day-of-searching-for-tracy-kroh/

For a third day investigators in Dauphin County have been searching a rural area of Halifax Township, for a 17-year-old girl who was reported missing back in 1989. Now investigators are closer than ever to solving the case.

The Dauphin County District Attorney, Fran Chardo, said he's not naming their suspects, as in more than one.

Ask anyone on Middle Road about Tracy Kroh, and they know.

"Even though she wasn't all of our daughters, our sisters, we kind of feel like she's our family," Gina Gelencser of Halifax, said.

"She was a good, good kid," Clair Shoop, a close family friend of the Kroh's, said. "The whole family was. She was a hometown girl. And she was really short, like her mother and everything, but, darn nice people."

Investigators are not saying much, but with new leads and new technology they do say they're closer than they've ever been.

Kroh was last seen at the Alex Acres Trailer Park off of Route 147 in Halifax at 10 p.m. on August 5th, 1989. She was going to visit her sister and brother-in-law who lived there, but they weren't home. She dropped off a barbecue grill and some grocery store coupons on their front steps. No one has seen her since.

Paradise and kdg411 like this.
  4. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

12/9/2018 (Blog)

https://www.lykensvalley.org/disappearance-of-tracy-kroh-an-unsolved-crime-from-1989/

On 5 August 1989, Tracy Kroh, a 17-year-old honor student at Halifax Area High School, left her home at Enterline, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, to deliver some items to her sister who lived north of Halifax, Dauphin County. She was never seen again. Her locked car was found in the town square at Millersburg, several miles north of her sister’s home.

Today’s post is a “table of contents” of a series of 12 previous posts, each of which presents a newspaper article or articles from the period 1989 though 2014. The articles were obtained through Newspapers.com where neither Harrisburg nor Millersburg papers were available at the time of this this writing. If any reader can provide any news articles which provide additional information, they will be considered for posting here.

5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Seems like I've seen a UID composite that looks a lot like the age progression composite! I wish it would come to me....

PlainJaneDoe and Skitt like this.
  6. PlainJaneDoe

7. PlainJaneDoe

Do you remember if it was from PA, or which state? (Just to make it easier to search)

Kimster and Skitt like this.
  8. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

My initial thought was.. did they change her eye color in the age progression photo? Investigating further, in some pics she looks like she has brown eyes, in others they look blue.. Charley project says they are green..
    :donotknow:

PlainJaneDoe and Kimster like this.
  9. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

No I don't! I've seen so many and that one just isn't resonating with me right now It just looks like a similar image. Maybe it was just a reconstruction by the same artist.

PlainJaneDoe likes this.
  10. PlainJaneDoe

That's funny - I forget the artist's name, but time was when I could pick his reconstructions out on sight because (imo) they all looked slightly peeved
    Frank Bender's I can pick out, but I can't put my finger on why.