1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA TROY GALLOWAY: Missing from Sonora, CA - 13 January 2016 - Age 35

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by Jason Futch, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

Troy Robert Galloway
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Galloway, circa 2016; Galloway's tattoos

• Missing Since01/13/2016
    • Missing FromSonora, California
    • ClassificationEndangered Missing
    • Date of Birth10/06/1981 (37)
    • Age35 years old
    • Height and Weight6'0, 170 pounds
    • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA white shirt with blue trim, jeans, gray shoes, a watch and a wedding ring.
    • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Galloway wears eyeglasses. He has the following tattoos: a Japanese symbol for eternity on his left forearm, a devil on his lower back pulling a naked angel down from his center back, and a nine- to ten-inch cross outlined in red with the initials "JDH" above it and the phrase "Proverbs 18:24" below it on his right shoulder. Photos of the tattoos are posted with this case summary.

Media - https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...since-01-13-2016-from-sonora-california.4629/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2019
    Skitt, kdg411 and Paradise like this.
  2. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Kimster, kdg411 and Paradise like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office shares information about missing persons cases

Everyday feels like torture for Nancy Galloway since her son, Troy Galloway, went missing after leaving his home in Crystal Falls one chilly winter night in January 2016.

Nancy Galloway said she does something everyday that she hopes will help her get closer to finding her son, even if it’s just a prayer.

“My mind is always going 24/7, where’s Troy?” she said.

Troy Galloway was among the first group of missing people whose cases are being re-publicized by the Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office in an attempt to generate more leads.

The Sheriff’s Office posted information Friday morning on its Facebook page about Troy Galloway’s case, in addition to the cases of Darvis Lee Jr. and Melissa Suzanne Johnson.

“I’m really glad they are doing this,” said Nancy Galloway, who lives in Santa Cruz.

Troy Galloway hasn’t been since he left the home in Crystal Falls he shared with his wife on the night of Jan. 13, 2016.

He was 34 and a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, who served from 2000 to 2003. He had a son who was 3 and a daughter who was 6 months old.

Nancy Galloway said he didn’t have his jacket when he left his house, on a night that neighbors later described to her as “wicked cold.”

He was reported missing by his wife a couple days later when he didn’t return home.

No items of clothing or anything else belonging to Troy Galloway has ever been found. Investigators said his phone went off 30 minutes after he left and was never turned back on.

None of Troy Galloway’s bank accounts have been touched, according to his mother.

There are times when Nancy Galloway hopes her son is just lost and alive somewhere, possibly due to a case of amnesia.

“Troy had mental health issues and maybe he lost his memory or something to do with mental health,” she said.

But there are other times when Nancy Galloway’s mind goes to wondering if he was kidnapped and being held hostage, or worse.

“It goes from there to murder, or injury, he could have fallen off a cliff,” she said. “I don’t want to stay in that murder part, but I want to be realistic. I don’t know if you can prepare yourself for having that information, but I’m trying to prepare myself.”

Nancy Galloway said there have been at least five times since her son’s disappearance when unidentified remains have been discovered in the Sonora area, which keeps her on edge each time until they determine the identity.

“It’s a horrible way to live,” she said.

Throughout it all, Nancy Galloway said she’s tried to keep her humor and do things she loves to do, like walking on the beach, going to the movies and being with friends.

Nancy Galloway is also taking care of her grandson, who’s now 7 and asks her when he’ll get to see his father again.

“I tell him we’re looking for him everyday,” she said.

Sheriff’s Lt. Craig Davis recently contacted Nancy Galloway to tell her he was the new person in charge of detectives and how they planned to publicize the missing persons cases on Facebook.

Sheriff’s Sgt. Andrea Benson said no one in the detectives division was available to comment on Friday because they were all out in the field working on cases.

Even if the efforts lead to the worst outcome, Nancy Galloway said she would rather know what happened than continue wondering.

“If they found remains, I would definitely want to know,” she said. “We don’t even get to have a memorial for Troy, because we don’t know if he’s dead or alive.”

Nancy Galloway set up a hotline shortly after her son’s disappearance for people to provide tips on his whereabouts, which can be reached by calling (831) 471-7027.

She’s received about 10 tips on the hotline over the years, none of which have led to anything, but two were provided earlier this year that authorities are investigating.

https://www.uniondemocrat.com/local...iffs-office-shares-information-about-unsolved

kdg411, Skitt and Kimster like this.