1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

True Cold Case Files with Jason Futch - YouTube Show

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Jason Futch, Jan 5, 2019.

?

Which Case Would You Like me to cover in the 6th episode?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2019.
  1. Green River Killer's Unidentified Victims (Washington)

25.0%
  2. Jake Sharp and Fred Tate Homicide (Florida)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dorothy Thomas 1957 Homicide (Florida)

25.0%
  4. Parker Dam Jane Doe (Washington)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lavender Jane Doe (Texas)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Th Fort Meyers Eight (Florida)

50.0%
  7. Ed Gein and His Victims

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

Hello everyone,

I am Jason Futch and some of you know me as the guy who digs into cases involving unidentified persons in this forum.

I have begun a new show on YouTube called "True Cold Case Files", which launched today with a new show discussing the case of Fly Creek Jane Doe. My next few episodes have been planned out, which include the Detra McGuire case, Annie Doe, Courtney DuBoise (formerly Cartersville, GA Landfill Jane Doe), and a special focused on Oregon's Unidentified and a special report on what was discovered while covering this situation.

I will post my videos here weekly. If you have a case you would like me to talk about, reach out to me. Typically, I will only take cases that have not made headline news, as my goal is to publicize cases that have not reached the nation for discussions. I will also occasionally post special messages, such as education on using the NamUs system, how to use a Sex Offender Database, and safety messages for kids!

Please enjoy my first video, covering the Fly Creek Jane Doe!

Mel70, KareBear, Redrover and 10 others like this.
  2. spike

spike Bronze Member

Thank you, Jason!
    I look forward to this.

Has there been any new info on the Courtney Duboise case in Ga.?

I am also interested in the Dermond murders in Lake Oconee, Ga. at Reynolds Plantation.
    I realize this case is a Headline murder, but having lived there makes me want it solved STAT.
    While the sheriff has stated there is a POI, there is no other info or ID about the POI.

Thanks!
    spike

Cyndahrella, Ladyslug, noZme and 5 others like this.
  3. Jason Futch

Hey Spike, BTW thanks for following me on Twitter! I'm slowly getting a base in Twitterland!

No new information on her case, but I hope my coverage on the case will garner some inquiries or trigger someone's mind. However, I did find out that the family had some trouble paying funeral expenses and were going to organize a fundraiser at the local VFW; but apparently her father had overlooked an insurance policy he had opened for her when she was a child. The insurance covered pretty much everything and then some!

Very interesting about the Dermond Murders. In fact, I remember this case because it made headlines in my hometown in Florida. Its a strange mystery and I have taken a note to add that case to the lineup! I would love to look over that case again!

Cyndahrella, Ladyslug, noZme and 5 others like this.
  4. spike

spike Bronze Member

:thankyou:

Cyndahrella, Ladyslug, noZme and 4 others like this.
  5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Great job! I'm so proud of you! :loveshower:

I subscribed so I won't miss any episodes.

6. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Jason, this is fabulous.

Cyndahrella, spike, Whatsnext and 4 others like this.
  7. Skitt

Skitt Well-Known Member

Looks great! :thankyou:

noZme, Whatsnext, Cyndahrella and 2 others like this.
  8. Jason Futch

Thanks so much for the support on my first video everyone! Loved hearing the feedback and pretty much, I don't need to change much...but to you NFL fans, I'll try not to wear my Jags jersey on every video!

Just wanted to take a minute to discuss next week's episode on Detra McGuire (link to CrimeWatchers Thread: https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...rom-lake-city-fl-2-november-1988-age-23.7041/). The subject matter in this particular episode will be extremely sensitive, as I discuss the beginnings of this case, which evolved from the murder of Detra's daughter Roshanda. I was able to obtain a crime scene photo, which I am choosing to show on the program. I want to warn other viewers that viewing this particular episode will be at the discretion of the viewer. I will also be filtering the episode as an age-restricted video because of this as well.

In this episode (plan to release before or on Saturday of this week), I will go over the police reports surrounding the homicidal death of Detra's daughter Roshanda and discuss the McGuire case in depth and information that has come forward since. I also discuss a possible person of interest based on information I received during my research, as well as a potential Jane Doe that may fit her profile.

All this and more on the next episode of "True Cold Case Files"!

Also looks like The Ft. Meyers Eight is winning in the Episode 6 poll! The poll will close toward the end of the month so get them in!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Cherrymeg, noZme, Kimster and 5 others like this.
  9. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with any of the cases in the poll, so I will leave the voting up to the others, I'll learn something new from whichever case you go with, Jason.

Consider me intrigued!

noZme, Cyndahrella, Kimster and 4 others like this.
  10. Jason Futch

There will be a delay in the Detra McGuire video. While filming it, I got the bug and am not sounding well right now so I am going to rest my voice until next week. I may delay the video by a couple of days or release it the next Saturday.

noZme, Cyndahrella, Skitt and 5 others like this.
  11. spike

spike Bronze Member

Feel better, Jason!
    So sorry to hear you are not feeling well.

noZme, Cyndahrella, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  12. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Feel better soon! :daisy:

noZme, Cyndahrella and Paradise like this.
  13. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Hope you feel better soon

noZme, spike and Dobrev like this.
  14. Skitt

Skitt Well-Known Member

Get well soon.

noZme, Cyndahrella and Paradise like this.
  15. Kimster

I hope you don't have the crud that's going around just south of you. If you do, you might not be able to do the show for a little while.:(

noZme, spike, Cyndahrella and 3 others like this.
  16. Jason Futch

Oh goodness let’s hope not haha. I got sick right after my trip from Cave Junction, but my girlfriend got seriously sick before me and had to get antibiotics. Thankfully I’ve been dosing up on decongestants and OJ early on lol

noZme, Whatsnext, spike and 4 others like this.
  17. Kimster

Jason, do you have a new video out today?

noZme, Dobrev, spike and 2 others like this.
  18. Jason Futch

Tomorrow at 8am! :) putting final touches now before I upload it to YouTube to set up the premier!

19. Kimster

:cheering:

noZme, Dobrev, Whatsnext and 3 others like this.
  20. Jason Futch

For real! I’m glad I was able to finish it. Between getting sick and my equipment crapping out, I reckon I can say I had a hard working week...mix that in with work lol

Dobrev, Skitt, Whatsnext and 3 others like this.