1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

True Cold Case Files with Jason Futch - YouTube Show

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Jason Futch, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

UPDATE ON TCCF: So if you have been following me on Twitter and Facebook, everyone knows I have been having system issues, which is why I haven't been able to post fresh content. However, this break has given me an opportunity to pre-tape future episodes; therefore, the rest of Season 1 will be posted in one big release on June 1st, to conclude our season. We will take a break this summer to organize the dates for our Season 2 showings and also plan for extra content during the summer. One I am working on is a big special discussing Oregon's unidentified, which I criticize how the OSP had handled the UID cases prior to Dr. Vance's arrival in the MEO.

I have been waiting on Dr. Vance to approve an interview with her, however she hasn't returned any emails even after sending detailed information on the episode. We believe her input would be valuable, and would help her case with this episode, because without her support, this could be an unflattering special for the OSP. The last thing I want to do is degrade any work Dr. Vance has done, and I understand her limited resources on some cases; however there are numerous bodies where DNA was never collected, there was inadequate reporting of the human remains, some remains went missing, and some will likely never be identified due to inappropriate investigating at the time.

With that said, the last three episodes left for the season is the Dermond Homicide, the Henry County John Doe and the Wheatly Murders from Portland, Oregon. IF you can hang on til June 1st, we will have fresh content then! :) See you then!

2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I couldn't even tell where the edits happened! Either they were perfected, or I was completely engrossed in the conversation! Either way, you did a very good job!

Takeitfromme, Skitt and Jason Futch like this.
  3. Kimster

I don't think that's a reflection on her work. Protocol was the same for many jurisdictions for YEARS. In LA County, they left remains of the unidentified in a big pile and cremated them and will never be able to get DNA! It's a real shame. Dr. Vance has taken a lot of her precious time out for the UIDs in Oregon. I remember years ago she used to interact at WS as time allowed, too.

4. Jason Futch

For sure! I personally think that she is doing good work; however the feature may not look good for the OSP, which I should clarify. A couple of the cases I hit on involve remains that were cremated, lost or no DNA was collected. Take for instance the 1995 John Doe from Multnomah County. DNA was a thing then, in fact it was booming! Why did they not take a DNA sample then? He would later be cremated with only dentals to show for it.

I remember LA’s policy from a documentary I watched about the dead in LA. It was shocking stuff! I truly hope that’s not how they dispose Doe’s now!

Whatsnext, Skitt and Kimster like this.
  5. Terisdaughter

Terisdaughter New Member

Would you mind looking into my mother's case.. her name is Theresa davidson. This october it will 20 years with no answers how do we do this

6. Jason Futch

Hey thanks for asking! Send me an email and let’s talk! Jasonfutch91@gmail.com!

Takeitfromme, Whatsnext and Skitt like this.
  7. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

You are such a good soul ... :grouphug:

8. Jason Futch

QUESTION: How would everyone feel if I was to switch the format of my show to Audio only?

Paradise likes this.
  9. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Fine with me, Jason.

Jason Futch and Paradise like this.
  10. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

You provide such awesome info and updates. The format doesn’t matter to me.

Jason Futch likes this.
  11. Jason Futch

Awesomeness! Stay tuned!

Whatsnext, Skitt and Paradise like this.
  12. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

:teehee: Seriously, I walk around with headphones while listening anyway. Only occasionally can I force myself to sit still

Whatsnext and Jason Futch like this.
  13. Redrover

Redrover Well-Known Member

The only drawback is, and i know you already know this, is it will not allow anyone to see pictures of who you are talking about, what they may look like now estimations, or what a doe may have looked like in life. Although they can go look them up later. Do you have a plan on how to get around this...maybe just be super descriptive of the does etc.??

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    Skitt, Whatsnext and Jason Futch like this.
  14. Kimster

I get busy and it's easier to listen than it is to watch.

Skitt, Whatsnext and Jason Futch like this.
  15. Jason Futch

I have this covered. In this new format, I’m actually considering more photos and if possible video from these incidents as well as grabs from police reports and articles when available. I will also ensure that likenesses be viewed likely at all times while listening. I would still use the YouTube format and when applicable a strictly audio only format like a podcast host with links to the YouTube links for visual purposes.

Kimster, Skitt and Whatsnext like this.
  16. Redrover

Redrover Well-Known Member

I figured you had it covered! Sounds good.

Kimster, Skitt and Whatsnext like this.
  17. Jason Futch

18. Jason Futch

19. Kimster

Whatsnext, Skitt and Jason Futch like this.
  20. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Great line-up, Jason!

Jason Futch and Whatsnext like this.