1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MD TRUNK LADY: WF, 17-45, found in trunk in Frederick County, MD - 24 August 1982

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1989' started by Akoya, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

spike and Scorpio like this.
  2. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t6700.htm

CASE #: 1982-12633

DATE: AUGUST 24, 1982

VICTIM: IDENTITY UNKNOWN

DESCRIPTION: FEMALE/ WHITE/ 18 TO 25 YEARS OF AGE

CIRCUMSTANCES

A couple searching for mushrooms in the Frederick City Watershed came upon a steamer trunk located just off a roadway. The trunk contained skeletonized human remains of a white female, 18 to 25 years of age, with dark hair. The decedent had undergone extensive dental procedures, some of which are consistent with those performed by dental students. The identity of this victim remains a mystery despite efforts by numerous detectives, forensic anthropologists, the FBI, as well as television programs including Final Justice and The New Detectives.

If you have any information that might aid in this investigation, please contact Lieutenant Thomas Chase at 301 694-2125.

http://www.cityoffrederick.com/departments...e/Homicides.htm

spike and Scorpio like this.
  3. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

4. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Simple Creek Crossing in the Frederick Municipal Watershed near Frederick, Maryland

upload_2016-12-30_13-56-13.jpeg

Whatsnext and spike like this.
  5. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Thanks, Kimster. I didn't know anything about her, either. There is a lot of information available for such an old case.

This is a much newer sketch than the one I posted in the first post. I didn't find the newer post until later in the research. Please change photographs if you would like to.

[​IMG]

spike, Kimster and Scorpio like this.
  6. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Gambrill State Park - Frederick, MD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

All the pics are so different from each other! I did use this one for the media posts on Twitter and Facebook.

KareBear, MULDER, Akoya and 1 other person like this.
  8. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Thanks, Kimster. I just knew you would prefer to use this newer sketch.

KareBear, Kimster and spike like this.
  9. Redrover

Redrover Well-Known Member

In an earlier article posted here from 2005 stated they were looking into to her being Alice Welch of Virginia or Judith Anne Chartier of Massachusetts. I can't find anything else about where these leads took the case. I checked Namus and neither of them are not on the rule outs list. Wonder if they were ever officially ruled out or did the leads just fizzle out....

10. JAJ

JAJ New Member

I was wondering, since she had lots of dental work suspected to be done at a dental school, did they check for missing persons in the towns of the dental schools? There is the University of Maryland dental school nearby in Baltimore. Maybe she is from there?

hopimarie and Kimster like this.
  11. Redrover

That is a good point. Although I would like to think they pushed it out to the dental schools, I haven't read anything saying they did. Furthermore, what are the steps to getting work done at a dental school?

12. JAJ

JAJ New Member

I was kind of hoping they had already investigated this, but like you said Redrover, nothing noted to this.
    The first step to getting work done at the University of Maryland School is to call
    410-706-7063 and set it up I guess. Don't know how it works at any of the other schools though.

Kimster likes this.
  13. Redrover

Interesting. I was just trying to see how easy it is to get work done there. Wonder if she had to apply to get the work done or just make an appointment. Also, I wonder how long a school would keep the records.

Kimster likes this.
  14. JAJ

JAJ New Member

I was just discussing with my husband that, I'm thinking with the amount of damage to her skelatal system, it seems to me that she would have to be older then "late teens -20 yrs. old. That much damage would have to be an older person, in my opinion.

Kimster likes this.
  15. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:welcome:

Glad to have you with us! :highfive:

KareBear likes this.
  16. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same exact thing about the facial reconstructions!!

Kimster likes this.