1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

GA TWO MISSING AFGHAN TRAINEES: Missing from Moody AFB, GA - 7 Dec 2015 *ONE LOCATED*

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by Yoda, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Yoda

Yoda Master

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The Moody Air Force Base release:

Two male Afghan air force students did not report for duty yesterday at their regular maintenance training at Moody AFB in Valdosta, Georgia. Both are assigned to the 81st Fighter Squadron. They have been at Moody since. February 2015 and were screened prior to their arrival in the United States more than a year ago. The students have trained alongside American counterparts for the entirety of 2015 and do not pose any apparent threat. There is a well-coordinated process among federal agencies to locate the individuals as quickly as possible and return them accordingly to the proper authorities to manage their present situation.

Air Force and Defense officials noted "there’s no reason to believe either of the two pose any kind of threat." According to one Defense official, with all the US-based training the military does with foreign service members, there’s the occasional individual "who will wander off base" to get a taste of the "better life in America."

http://www.walb.com/story/30698364/afghan-flight-training-members-missing-from-moody

Edited by Imamazed to add pics and media link

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...ng-from-moody-air-force-base-in-georgia.1095/

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...m-moody-air-force-base-in-georgia.1094/#media

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
  2. Yoda

Yoda Master

For names and pics, Irwin Co 911 FB page has them. Local school admins were sent the info.
    Not posting here unless msm or LEO release the info.

3. Yoda

Yoda Master

4. spike

spike Bronze Member

MadgeS, NOCLUE, Yoda and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

MadgeS, spike, NOCLUE and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

7. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

I'd like to know that too @spike .
    They were last seen at the base on Friday, didn't report to the base on Monday morning and were then reported missing to the authorities. Our local (Atlanta) news started sending out tweets and Facebook messages about it on Tuesday evening.

And I'd also like to know if these two don't pose a threat, why has there been such a media frenzy (at least here locally in Atlanta). I also find it curious as to why Moody AFB refused to release their names or pictures until this evening.

MadgeS, NOCLUE, spike and 2 others like this.
  8. walkie-talkie

MadgeS, NOCLUE, spike and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

Ridiculous!! ^^^

Cuz we all know "friendly, nice guys" would never hurt anyone.

Cyndahrella, Kimster, MadgeS and 4 others like this.
  10. walkie-talkie

11. walkie-talkie

“They’ve just gone missing. We’re not sure why,” said Ed Gulick, the spokesman for the Air Force.

It’s a question he wants answered. Gulick told 11Alive’s Dontaye Carter by phone they’re tracing every step the two men took the last five days.

Valdosta Regional Airport officials confirmed law enforcement seized hours of surveillance video in connection with the disappearance of the Afghan men. A source familiar with the investigation says the men rented a car from the airport, but the base would not confirm. However, they said they are investigating everything, even a direction the two men may be headed.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2015/12/10/details-search-missing-airmen/77117656/

12. Yoda

Yoda Master

VALDOSTA, GA (WTXL) - The Department of Homeland Security says they are looking to cancel the diplomatic visas of the two Afghan students missing from Moody Air Force Base.

Representative for the department, Bryan Cox, says once this is done then Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will take over the search for the men.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/feds-cance...cle_63a1f704-9f8c-11e5-953d-3787055353ba.html

NOCLUE, spike, Sabra and 1 other person like this.
  13. spike

spike Bronze Member

I had a minor surgical procedure today and the techs and doctor were discussing this. Everyone is scared....but I was impressed that they at least knew about it. People are on guard and paying attention. Finally.

MadgeS, NOCLUE and walkie-talkie like this.
  14. walkie-talkie

People I've spoken with here are more on alert than scared. And most are very angry with the delay of the release of names and pictures as well as the "reassurance" they pose no threat. Many feel we are being treated like idiots and don't like it at all.

Hope you have a speedy recovery, spike! :hug:

MadgeS, NOCLUE, spike and 1 other person like this.
  15. Yoda

Yoda Master

Hope your recovery is quick and pain free!!

16. spike

spike Bronze Member

Thanks, Yoda. No worries.
    Well...other than frothing, maniac zealots trying to kill us!

Yoda, MadgeS, NOCLUE and 1 other person like this.
  17. spike

spike Bronze Member

I'm great, thanks Walkie!

MadgeS, NOCLUE and walkie-talkie like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

If these two men were white it wouldn't even be a question whether they were a "risk" to national security or not. Until evidence arises pointing otherwise, they shouldn't be assumed to be on a terror mission...
    I hope they are safe.

http://thevillagessuntimes.com/2015/12/11/search-continues-for-2-afghan-nationals-missing-from-air/

Conducting such training at a US base instead of Afghanistan is safer, Karns said. Eight others crossed the border into Canada, where they sought political asylum, and two others later sought legal residency in the U.S. At the time, officials thought the men feared a return to Afghanistan. According to one defense official, with all the US-based training the military does with foreign service members, there's the occasional individual "who will wander off base" to get a taste of the "better life in America". Similarly, the recent shooting in San Bernardino has caused the news of these two missing trainees to raise some alarms. He further stated that it is not unusual for trainees to occasionally leave the base without authorization.

19. spike

spike Bronze Member

I'm white...sorta pinkish. I hope we are all safe from what could potentially be harmful to all Americans, no matter the amount of melatonin in our skin.

I think we'd all be alarmed by two missing, unaccounted for pilots no matter what their color but rather their moral convictions. IMHO.

walkie-talkie, NOCLUE, Yoda and 3 others like this.
  20. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

right on Spikey!!!

NOCLUE, Yoda and spike like this.