1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

#UPDATES - GOLDEN STATE KILLER: aka #EARONS arrested for homicides & rapes in CALIF - 70s-80s

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Kimster, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I watched a part of an episode at the gym. Well actually I watched a part of 2 episodes. I wish they'd move the series along a little quicker! I mean, when you're at the gym and have a bunch of commercials, you don't get to see as much. LOL

2. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

@Kimster

They are running back episodes on HLN right now. I'm assuming that in a couple of hours you'll start seeing them on HLN too. Paisley's gonna have to watch her squirrel and bird show later. :cat:

PlainJaneDoe and spike like this.
  3. spike

spike Bronze Member

:nono:Paisley comes first!!!

Cousin Dupree likes this.
  4. Cousin Dupree

This weeks episode is about getting inside his head. The profilers seem to agree that his "Mommy I don't want to do this." stuff is just complete BS to throw off investigators.

They think he is a psychopath who was abused as a child. So he would see these things as normal.

5. Cousin Dupree

There was a guy known as the Visalia Ransacker before the East Area Rapist began his crimes. Many people now think that the Visalia Ransacker and the EAR are one and the same.

6. PlainJaneDoe

PlainJaneDoe Bronze Member

7. Cousin Dupree

SACRAMENTOSources confirm that the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department is working a significant break in the search for the East Area Rapist.

A possible arrest in the decadeslong case may have been made. The department said it hopes to release further information Wednesday....

:happydance:

It would be so great if they nailed him!!

8. Cousin Dupree

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...-cruel-and-the-golden-state-killer/ar-AAwiuzV

Investigators reportedly sought links between Australia's 'Mr. Cruel' and the Golden State Killer
    SF Gate
    Katie Dowd 9 hrs ago

American law enforcement have reportedly reached out to police in Australia to determine if California's still-uncaught Golden State Killer may have moved abroad, becoming the infamous "Mr. Cruel."

The Golden State Killer — sometimes known as the East Area Rapist or the Original Night Stalker — murdered at least 12 people and raped, at minimum, 45 women between 1976-86. There were victims in Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Sacramento, Yolo, Stanislaus and San Joaquin counties. After a prolific spree, he disappeared in 1986.

Thanks in part to investigating done by true crime writer Michelle McNamara, the California cold case has become increasingly warm. And now Australian newspapers are reporting U.S. law enforcement have spoken to their counterparts in Victoria....

..."Victoria Police is aware of the matter regarding the Golden State Killer in the U.S.," police wrote in a statement to the Australian.

"This was reviewed in relation to the outstanding Mr. Cruel investigations in Victoria and any connection has been ruled out."...

:sigh:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  9. Cousin Dupree

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

12. spike

spike Bronze Member

13. spike

spike Bronze Member

14. spike

spike Bronze Member

Is the name of POI a new one???

15. Kimster

No way! NO WAY!!!

:thud:

16. Kimster

17. Kimster

I haven't read the book yet! I don't know if he was mentioned or not? And I can't find that information on the internet with my teeny weeny phone. But you can bet I'll be looking into it more when I get on my PC.

18. Kimster

19. Kimster

If this guy is indeed the right person, I will be shocked they found him in Sacramento. Just shocked.

NOCLUE, PlainJaneDoe, Scorpio and 3 others like this.
  20. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Wow!! Shocked but really pleased too.

again, just wow
    fran

East Area Rapist arrested in decades-old case, source says
    BY SAM STANTON AND BENJY EGEL
    sstanton@sacbee.com
    April 25, 2018 06:51 AM

Updated 13 minutes ago

Authorities are expected to announce the arrest Wednesday of a suspect in the decades-old East Area Rapist case, The Bee has learned.

The suspect has been living in the Sacramento area and was identified after a renewed push of the investigation by the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department and District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert, a source said.

The East Area Rapist, also known as the Golden State Killer, the Original Night Stalker and the Diamond Knot Killer, is believed to have killed at least 12 people, raped at least 45 victims and burglarized hundreds of homes.

Authorities believe he raped 37 people in the Sacramento area and Central Valley and killed two between 1976 and 1978. From there, authorities believe, he moved on to the the Bay Area and Southern California.

He is believed to have committed at least nine sexual assaults in Sacramento, six in Rancho Cordova and Citrus Heights, four in Carmichael, three in Davis, two in Orangevale and one in Antelope between June 1976 and July 1978.

Officials also have investigated whether he had ties to a similar spree in Australia, but a source says the suspect authorities identified has been living in the Sacramento area.

Then-Citrus Heights resident Jane Carson-Sandler was sexually assaulted at knifepoint by a man believed to be the East Area Rapist in 1976. Carson-Sandler, who now lives in Sun City, S.C., told The Island Packet newspaper Wednesday she had been contacted by two detectives about the rapist's arrest.

The man's arrest picture was not familiar to Carson-Sandler, she said.

"I just found out this morning," she told The Island Packet. "I'm overwhelmed with joy. I've been crying, sobbing."

True crime writer Michelle McNamara's book "I'll Be Gone in the Dark" reached No. 1 on The New York Times' bestseller list last month and drew renewed attention to the case. A documentary on the search for the killer aired at the Delta King Theatre in Old Sacramento earlier this month.

videos at link ....... http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article209779364.html