1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

#UPDATES: Shooter at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Broward County, Florida - 14 Feb 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by Kimster, Feb 14, 2018.

1. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Per Paradise article above and this linked article, the FBI not only knew he MAY shoot up a school, and he had guns!!???

OMG!!! I can hardly contain myself.

This is unfathomable. Unreal!! Impossible.

Thousands of FBI agents across the country and they pass up TWO citizen reports!!!

They want us to 'call someone if you see someone.' Why?????????????

I'm in an alternate universe. I am.

OMG! OMG! OMG!

fran

FBI director must resign: Florida governor demands Fed head step down after Bureau reveals it did not investigate Nikolas Cruz despite being warned of stockpiled guns and desire to kill SIX Weeks before massacre

• The FBI released a statement on Friday revealing that a call came in alerting the agency about Nikolas Cruz being a possible threat in early January
    • 'The caller provided information about Cruz’s gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts,' said Cruz
    • That same caller, who contacted the FBI on January 5 via their Public Access Line, also shared their belief that Cruz might conduct a school shooting
    • The FBI did not investigate despite the 'potential threat to life,' and failed to even alert the Miami field office about the call
    • Governor Rick Scott of Florida is now calling on Christopher Wrey to resign as director of the FBI
    • 'Seventeen innocent people are dead and acknowledging a mistake isn't going to cut it,' said Governor Scott

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Cruz-stockpiling-weapons.html#ixzz57J1ykh7G

daisy7, Imamazed, NOCLUE and 6 others like this.
  2. spike

spike Bronze Member

YES!!

Imamazed, NOCLUE, Jezzabel and 3 others like this.
  3. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Sessions orders immediate review of DOJ, FBI processes after Florida school shooting
    • Attorney General Jeff Sessions calls for a review of the FBI and Justice Department's handling of tips following a school shooting in Florida.
    • The FBI said it had received information about the suspect, but did not follow its protocols for looking into the matter.
    • Florida Gov. Rick Scott has called for the resignation of FBI Director Christopher Wray.
    Christine Wang | @christiiineeee

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Friday he has ordered an immediate review of the processes at the Department of Justice and the FBI, following the school shooting in Florida.

"It is now clear that the warning signs were there and tips to the FBI were missed. We see the tragic consequences of those failures," Sessions said in a statement.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/16/us-...esses-in-wake-of-florida-school-shooting.html

BBM Yes there were! The article Fran posted upthread made me sooooo angry. There were so many warning signs! As Kimster said, they were ignored! Cruz and his younger brother have been reported to authorities numerous times since 2010. He would've been 11 then and his brother even younger. If adults couldn't manage their behavior then, why would anyone think they didn't need intervention? It's too late to save Nikolas now; too late to save the 17 innocent lives that were lost and 100's more who were injured and/or emotionally traumatized. Senseless!

daisy7, Imamazed, NOCLUE and 5 others like this.
  4. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

I knew he had a younger brother but didn't realize he had problems also.

Imamazed, NOCLUE, Jezzabel and 3 others like this.
  5. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Hopefully, the brother will now get psychiatric help. It's not too late for him--yet.

MissyMoo, Imamazed, NOCLUE and 3 others like this.
  6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

From those who took the calls of concern and all the way up, they need to make some hard decisions about people keeping their jobs at the FBI. This is inexcusable. The only good part is that they aren't trying to cover up their unexplained inability to protect Americans.

Imamazed, NOCLUE, Jezzabel and 6 others like this.
  7. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Imamazed, NOCLUE, fran and 2 others like this.
  8. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Uno2Much, Imamazed, Paradise and 3 others like this.
  9. spike

spike Bronze Member

Can you imagine how the person must feel who took that info?

Uno2Much, fran, Imamazed and 3 others like this.
  10. Jezzabel

Jezzabel Well-Known Member

Just heartbreaking since reading about the info the FBI ignored. The if's and the no actions taken. Your heart just breaks for the families. May they be watched over.

I learned years ago that computers were only worth what you put into them. Human errors are a fact daily. Big mistakes can really cause problems. Someone(s) made a big mistake on this judgement to not pursue RC.

This is just so sad. Too many beautiful children are gone & adults. RIP.

Uno2Much, fran, Imamazed and 3 others like this.
  11. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

https://apnews.com/8247010fc41141ce83a679182ab841ba

White nationalist appears to disavow connection with shooter
    A white nationalist appears to have lied to The Associated Press and other news organizations when he claimed that Florida school-shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz was a member of his obscure group.

Law enforcement officials have said they didn’t have any evidence to support the claim that Republic of Florida leader Jordan Jereb made in interviews with several news organizations.

Jereb told The Associated Press on Thursday that Cruz had participated in paramilitary drills in Tallahassee, where his group is based. Jereb said he didn’t know Cruz personally and that “he acted on his own behalf of what he just did and he’s solely responsible for what he just did.”

Jereb told the Miami Herald that he knew “with certainty” that Cruz “had something to do with us.” He told the Daily Beast that Cruz “wasn’t particularly active” in his group but came to Tallahassee with a “secretive cell” from Clearwater, Florida. ABC News reported that three former schoolmates of Cruz said he was part of the Republic of Florida and was often seen with Jereb.

Law enforcement officials said they hadn’t confirmed any such ties.

“We’ve heard that. We’re looking into that,” Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said.

Lt. Grady Jordan, a spokesman for the Leon County Sheriff’s Office in Tallahassee, said he knew of “no known ties” between Cruz and Jereb’s group. Jordan said his office has arrested Jereb at least four times since January 2014 and has been monitoring the group’s membership. He says his office has “very solid” information on the group and believes it has never had more than 10 members.

Uno2Much, NOCLUE and Paradise like this.
  12. Imamazed

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...rly-expressed-violent-racist-views-in-private

Florida shooting suspect expressed violent, racist views in private chat group: report
    Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old who confessed to the school shooting at a Florida high school this week, reportedly expressed racist and violent views in a private social media chat group.

Cruz, a former student at the school who was expelled for behavioral issues, regularly shared racist, anti-Semitic and homophobic views with at least five other participants in the Instagram chat group, according to a CNN report on Friday.

CNN said it was added to the group while investigating Cruz’s online activity.

"I hate jews, ni**ers, immigrants,” Cruz reportedly wrote in the group, which he had named “Murica (American flag emoji) (eagle emoji) great.”

In the span of hundreds of messages, Cruz openly discussed killing people and specifically referred to killing Mexicans, Jews, gay people and black people, according to CNN.

"Shoot them in the back of head,” he reportedly wrote in reference to gay people. He also espoused a disdain for white women, particularly if they were in interracial relationships.

Cruz, who was adopted, also wrote in the chat, "My real mom was a Jew. I am glad I never met her," CNN reported.

Law enforcement have said they have found no evidence of a connection between Cruz and any white supremacist group.

Cruz reportedly posted photos and videos on his Instagram page and in the group, in which he showed and discussed guns, body armor, and wrote, "I think I am going to kill people."

Uno2Much, NOCLUE and Paradise like this.
  13. Imamazed

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/us/florida-shooting-victims-school/index.html

These are the victims of the Florida school shooting

A football coach. An athletic director. And young, eager and forward-looking students.
    They were among the 17 people killed by a gunman Wednesday at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.
    Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said Thursday that all families who lost loved ones in the shooting have been notified.
    Here are the victims:

[​IMG]

Alyssa Alhadeff, 14

Alyssa, 14, was a student at Stoneman Douglas and a soccer player for Parkland Travel Soccer.
    Lori Alhadeff, Alyssa's mother, told HLN she dropped her daughter off at school Wednesday and said "I love you." When Lori Alhadeff heard about the shooting, she hustled to school, but was too late.
    "I knew at that point she was gone. I felt it in my heart," she said. "Alyssa was a beautiful, smart, talented, successful, awesome, amazing soccer player. You'll be greatly missed, Alyssa. We love you so much. You'll always, always be in our hearts."

More at link...

14. Imamazed

[​IMG]

Scott Beigel, 35
    Beigel, a geography teacher, was killed as he tried to usher students back into his classroom when the shooting broke out.
    Kelsey Friend, one of Beigel's students, told CNN in an emotional interview that he was shot outside the classroom door and that he saved her life.

"Mr. Beigel was my hero and he still will forever be my hero. I will never forget the actions that he took for me and for fellow students in the classroom," Friend said. "I am alive today because of him."
    She said the teacher was an amazing person and his memory would live on with her.

15. Imamazed

16. Imamazed

[​IMG]
    Nicholas Dworet, 17

Nicholas, a 17-year-old senior, was killed in the shooting, the University of Indianapolis confirmed. He was recruited for the university swim team and would have been an incoming freshman this fall.
    "Nick's death is a reminder that we are connected to the larger world, and when tragedy hits in places around the world, it oftentimes affects us at home," said Robert L. Manuel, University of Indianapolis president.
    "Today, and in the coming days, I hope you will hold Nick, his family, all of the victims, as well as the Parkland community and first responders in your prayers."

17. Imamazed

Aaron Feis, 37

[​IMG]

Feis, an assistant football coach,was killed when he threw himself in front of students to protect them from oncoming bullets, according to football program spokeswoman Denis Lehtio. Feis, 37, suffered a gunshot wound and died after he was rushed into surgery, Lehtio said.
    "He died the same way he lived -- he put himself second," she said. "He was a very kind soul, a very nice man. He died a hero."
    Colton Haab, a 17-year-old junior who had a close relationship with Feis, told CNN he saw the coach running toward the sounds of gunshots.
    "That's Coach Feis. He wants to make sure everybody is safe before himself," Haab said.
    "(He) made sure everyone else's needs were met before his own. He was a hard worker. He worked after school, on the weekends, mowing lawns, just helping as many people as possible," Haab added.

18. Imamazed

[​IMG]
    Jaime Guttenberg, 14
    Jaime, 14, was among the victims, according to a Facebook post by her father, Fred.
    "My heart is broken. Yesterday, Jennifer Bloom Guttenberg and I lost our baby girl to a violent shooting at her school. We lost our daughter and my son Jesse Guttenberg lost his sister.
    "I am broken as I write this trying to figure out how my family gets through this. We appreciate all of the calls and messages and we apologize for not reacting to everyone individually," he added. "Hugs to all and hold your children tight."

19. Imamazed

[​IMG]
    Chris Hixon, 49

His widow, Debra, was telling CNN that he was "probably the best man that I ... " when she couldn't go on.
    She had just described Chris Hixon -- who was the school's athletic director -- as an awesome husband, father and American.
    "Every one of those students he thought of as his own kid," she said earlier.
    Hixon, 49 would give students rides or lunch money and, if they needed it, open up his home to them. "He just loved being around kids and giving back to the community," Debra Hixon said.
    A Naval reservist, Chris Hixon deployed to Iraq in 2007.
    "He loved being an American and serving his country and he instilled that in our kids," she said.
    Hixon was also the school's wrestling coach, something that was his passion.

20. Imamazed

[​IMG]
    Luke Hoyer, 15

Janice Stroud said, "He was a good kid. He ... never got in trouble. He was the last of my daughter's children who still lived at home."
    Cousin Grant Cox called Luke "an amazing individual. Always happy, always smiling. His smile was contagious, and so was his laugh.
    Another relative, Mary Beth Stroud-Gibbs, posted on Facebook that the family is "very close" and it is "devastated by this senseless shooting."
    "Our Luke was a precious child."

[​IMG]
    Gina Montalto, 14
    Gina was a member of the winter guard on the school's marching band.
    The Winter Guard International mourned her death Thursday, saying, "Unfortunately, one of the victims in yesterday's St. Valentine's Day Massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School was a member of the school's winter guard.
    "No student should ever go to school afraid," the group said.
    One of her middle school color guard instructors told The Miami Herald that Gina "was the sweetest soul ever."
    "My heart is broken into pieces. I will forever remember you, my sweet angel," Manuel Miranda told the paper.