1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

#UPDATES: Turpin family found abused in Perris, California

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by noZme, Jan 15, 2018.

1. spike

spike Bronze Member

:highfive:

Paradise, NOCLUE and Cousin Dupree like this.
  2. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

I was thinking the same thing... :jail: :jail:

They're known all over now!

3. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Yes. Instead of moving the trial to another county, maybe they should move it to another country. Hmmm....in what country would the common people not have access to media? North Korea might be one. Just send them to Kim Jong-un. No need for a trial.

4. spike

spike Bronze Member

LOL!
    MIGHT MOVE THINGS FORWARD!
    Might find KJ in ropes and chains!!

5. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

Best idea, yet, Uno! :hanging:

6. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

YES!!! :good:

7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

People who knew members of the Turpin family are now reexamining their interactions with them.

A man who said he attended elementary school in Fort Worth, Texas, with one of the Turpins' daughters remembered a frail girl who wore the same dirty purple outfit every day and tied her hair with a Hershey's bar wrapper - the girl "nobody wanted to be caught talking to."

The man, Taha Muntajibuddin, now 28, said the girl moved away after third grade. Years later, he said, he found himself wondering how she was doing. He had a "rude awakening" last week after reading stories about the girl and her family, he said.

"I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of guilt and shame. Of course, none of us are responsible for the events that ensued, but you can't help but feel rotten when the classmate your peers made fun of for 'smelling like poop' quite literally had to sit in her own waste because she was chained to her bed," Muntajibuddin wrote in a lengthy Facebook post. "It is nothing but sobering to know that the person who sat across from you at the lunch table went home to squalour and filth while you went home to a warm meal and a bedtime story."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/turpin-...use-at-night-exneighbour-20180125-h0okjt.html

Paradise, fran, spike and 3 others like this.
  8. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

That is one creepy smile! Reminds me of someone, but I can't place who. I see they have these creatures in metal shackles. Oh, horror of horrors! :bawling:

California torture family: Turpin mother Louise GRINS in court as she’s barred from kids
    By VICKIIE OLIPHANT
    PUBLISHED: 08:59, Thu, Jan 25, 2018 | UPDATED: 10:08, Thu, Jan 25, 2018

David Turpin, 57, and his wife Louise, 49, have been barred from contacting the 13 children they are charged with beating, shackling and starving in their suburban home in Perris.

The pair appeared in court on Wednesday in chains, with their lawyers insisting the video cameras in court did not show their metal shackles.

The order prevents the couple from coming within 100 yards of their children or of making electronic contact with them until 2021 as they face a string of criminal charges including neglect and torture.

District Judge Emma Smith said in court: “You must not harass, strike, threaten, assault, follow, stalk, molest, destroy or damage property of or disturb the peace of, keep under surveillance or block the entrance of the people listed in the order.”
    [.....]
    Louise Turpin appeared in court wearing a black suit and white shirt and sat stoney-faced for most of the proceedings.

But at one point she bizarrely broke out into a huge smile that may have been aimed at her husband as the pair were told they were barred access from the siblings.

The couple are being represented separately in court. In contrast, David Turpin barely looked up from his long, grey bowl cut.

Read more: https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...se-smiles-court-banned-contacting-13-children

Paradise, Kimster, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  9. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Preacher uncle of 'house of horror' children wants to adopt them, report says

The uncle of the 13 children allegedly held captive and abused by their parents in southern California reportedly wants to adopt the kids -- but he won't be doing so before authorities question his own past and how much he may have known about the so-called "House of Horrors" the kids were shackled inside of.

Dr. Randy Turpin, the brother of accused abuser David Turpin, told authorities he wanted to explore the possibility of taking care of the children, CBS News reported. The 13 kids range in age from 2 to 29, and it wasn't immediately clear how many children Turpin would be able to adopt. It also remained unclear what would happen to the children who were at least 18 years old and who authorities say were "freed" after being found shackled to a bed.

However, before anything can move forward, investigators reportedly want to sit down with Randy Turpin to discuss, among other things, a book he wrote about the spiritual benefits of fasting.

Turpin is the president of Valor Christian College in Ohio and is a megachurch preacher whose 2016 book “21 Days of Prayer and Fasting” promises to “help bring a person to a place of personal freedom.”

He recently took a leave of absence from his post at VCC to deal with “revelations about estranged family members,” he said in a statement viewed by the New York Post.

The college is connected to the World Harvest Church, which was founded by televangelist Rod Pasley, and which was forced to pay a family $2.9 million after a daycare worker hit a 2-year-old with a ruler, leaving welts and bruises, the Columbus Dispatch reported.

It is unclear if Randy Turpin has had any conversations with investigators since his brother's arrest.

Another relative, mother Louise Turpin’s sister, Teresa Robinette, told InsideEdition the children should be cared for by her side of the family.

“If these children go into foster care, that’s the worst case scenario,” she said. “We would like to get family members of ours together to make sure that each one of these kids is placed with a blood family member. That way even if they are scattered they will still be with our family and they would still have a connection for life.”

read more .......... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/2...children-wants-to-adopt-them-report-says.html

Paradise, Kimster, NOCLUE and 3 others like this.
  10. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

BBM

When I thought about relatives taking them I was hoping they'd seriously vet them.

Paradise, Uno2Much, spike and 2 others like this.
  11. spike

spike Bronze Member

Honestly! Seems so risky otherwise.

Paradise, NOCLUE and Uno2Much like this.
  12. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Daughter from 'House of Horrors' may have attempted Texas escape in 2010, report says

“House of Horrors” parents David and Louise Turpin abruptly left their Texas home in 2010 following what may have been an attempted escape by one of their children at the time, a new report said on Friday.

The family, according to an account in The Mercury News, picked up and abruptly left the land they lived on in Hill County, Texas, just days after one of their children left to get help. A neighbor ultimately brought the child home instead and the family disappeared soon after.

“All of a sudden, they just disappeared. No one ever saw them again,” said Nellie Baldwin, 78, the current owner of the 36-acre property where the Turpin family once lived.

At the time, the family reportedly living out of a mobile home in the middle of the property. The move into that location came after they allegedly trashed the home they owned. A decomposed bathroom floor, garbage thrown throughout and feces on the walls were all later found in the house.

One of the Turpin daughters eventually left the mobile home and “went walking down the road,” Baldwin claimed, before being picked up by a local resident.

“A neighbor came along. She told him to take her to a telephone,” Baldwin told The Mercury News, adding that she didn’t know where the neighbor ultimately took the girl or who she connected with -- if anyone -- on the phone.

Nellie’s son Billy said that when they bought the property, neighbors reported that a girl had left the trailer and proceeded to ask a lot of questions of the neighbor whom she'd met.

read more ............ http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/2...tempted-texas-escape-in-2010-report-says.html

Paradise, spike, NOCLUE and 4 others like this.
    NOCLUE, spike and fran like this.
  14. Start a New Conversation: The FBI,ICE,DOJ,community etc.etc. to get involved to stop satanic ritual abuse on innocent humans
    Preview
    've been trying to get the FBI involved because July 17, 2017 I went missing the detectives the police never contacted me never checked my emails my text messages to find out why I went missing and who could've possibly have done it now but you know my brothers missing I wanted the FBI to investigate because there is more involved than what is onthe surface going on I don't want anymore of my loved ones to die to go missing or to be killed my grandson Jacob filed a missing

15. I have it posted on twitter ( GoAskMee)

16. I have it posted on twitter ( GoAskMee)

17. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Paradise, spike, NOCLUE and 1 other person like this.
  18. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

I believe the parents used fear to control the children.

Eldest Turpin boy had ‘ample opportunity’ to divulge family’s sickening secrets
    January 30, 20183:48pm

THE community college student with a pageboy haircut was quiet, never drew attention to himself and earned A-grades semester after semester.

Despite ample opportunities, he apparently never divulged the sickening truth that his home was a veritable torture chamber.

Authorities said the student, now about 26, was the eldest male among 13 siblings who were held captive in their Californian home by their parents, David and Louise Turpin.

The couple starved all but their two-year-old daughter for years and sometimes chained their children to beds for months at a time without letting them use the toilet, prosecutors said.

However, Louise Turpin regularly drove her oldest son to classes at the nearby Menifee campus of Mt. San Jacinto College and waited outside the classroom for him.
    [.....]
    Gale Kelley, a trainer for the International Association of Trauma Professionals, said that reluctance was understandable.

“They were born into this. This was normal for them. Some of them may not even realise they’ve been abused,” she said. “These children have been living in isolation so they only know what they know.”

Abusers often tell children they shouldn’t talk about what happens at home or that they deserve to be treated that way, and that may have made it difficult for them to escape, Ms Kelley said.

“We don’t know what kind of duress they were under as far as threats,” she said. “They’re still seeing the world through the eyes of a scared little kid who is in constant danger.”

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/bdc163b496aa6419fbfa320ba3d939b0

19. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Abused California sibling went to college, didn't seek help
    By amy taxin and michael balsamo, associated press
    RIVERSIDE, Calif. — Jan 29, 2018, 4:38 PM ET

The siblings, seven adults and six children, will likely need years of therapy, psychological experts said, adding that if possible it would be best to keep them together for now.

"They're going to have some developmental delays, no question," said Russell Rice, a family therapist and executive director of a California residential treatment program for teenagers in Redlands. "Their brains are going to be as stunted if not more than their physical development."

Rice said more independent options exist, for example, a residential complex with a case manager on site to assist with money management or other programs. But he said that could be overwhelming for people who have been sheltered from the outside world.

"They don't even know how to shop, probably, and the concept of money," he said. "They won't be living on their own. They'll be highly supervised for quite some time."

The repeated exposure to traumatic events could make them skittish when they are out in public.

"The children have been in constant crisis mode, constant danger, and so that switch gets turned and it is always on," Kelley said. "They're expecting to see trauma everywhere and in everybody."

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/abused-california-sibling-college-seek-52690715

20. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Oldest Turpin son in California abuse case excelled in college, officials say
    January 26, 2018, 1:12 PM

Joe Chermak, who attended a musical performance at the school in May 2016, said he remembered seeing the Turpin family in the audience. The small group of family members took up almost half a row of seats and they were all wearing matching outfits - blue shirts and tan pants, he said.

At first, Chermak said he thought it was a group of kids from another school who came to watch the guitar ensemble with a mix of classical, jazz and musical theater, but then he looked more closely and realized they all seemed very skinny.
    [......]
    Meanwhile, a source tells CBS News the county has won conservatorship over the adult children, who will go to a supervised living facility. The six minor children are being split up to live in two foster homes for the time being.

About 20 people from across the U.S have offered to take the seven adult children and six minors and keep them together.

More: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/turpin-son-california-abuse-case-excelled-at-school-officials-say/