1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

#UPDATES: Turpin family found abused in Perris, California

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by noZme, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

They were home schooled.

2. spike

spike Bronze Member

OH DUH!
    THAT'S RIGHT!
    MY BAD.

But there is a story from a fellow student who says one of the children smelled awful and had the same clothing on everyday??
    :gaah:
    Poor children.

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

The oldest boy was, I believe, attending some college classes.
    Much less contact with professors there. And classmates are more likely to chalk it up to "he's a weirdo" instead of "he's still living at home being abused by his parents."

4. spike

spike Bronze Member

PLEEEZE, CW teachers!!
    Forgive me!
    I have the utmost appreciation for all teachers!
    I don't know how you do it, other than a love of children.

I simply cannot wrap my crazy head around this case.
    I LOVE YOU, TEACHERS!!
    I could never teach anything!

5. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

Spikey...:grouphug:

6. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Louise is correct. She is going to get out of jail. After her trial, she will be relocating to a 300-room mansion in a secure, gated community where she will have access to maid service, cooked meals, free health services and structured activities.

NOCLUE, Paradise, spike and 3 others like this.
  7. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Sorry if this has been posted before.. but it kind of follows my own thoughts on this..

New theory about House of Horrors family emerges

New theories are beginning to emerge about the state of mind of David and Louise Turpin.

The husband and wife were arrested and charged with torture and child endangerment last week after their 17-year-old child escaped and fled their California home.

And now, several news sources are starting to suggest that David, 56 was a self-appointed cult leader.

According to The Australian, both David and Louise, 49 were from “deeply Christian backgrounds”

A sister of Louise served with the missionary group Pioneers for Christ, while David was brought up in the Pentecostal faith.

His parents confessed said their children were made to memorise long passages from the Bible.

The Independent also notes that parents convicted in similar cases “exerted control over their children though intimidation, psychological and physical coercion, and frequently possessed their own belief system.

Attorney Ambrosio Rodriguez who spoke to the publication also noted: “They develop a kind of cultish doomsday type of religion where the father becomes this mythical leader and the mother and children's duty is to serve the father.”

https://www.newidea.com.au/new-theo...d-david-turpin-was-self-appointed-cult-leader

Sounds a lot like those "patriarchal christianity" people I looked into a while back.. spouse and child abuse are pretty rampant in that, because it's seen as 'discipline". The doctrine of that lot is that the father is a 'king', one step down from God, in the home, and wife & kids are in every sense his "subjects".

8. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Teen who escaped California 'house of horrors' posted YouTube videos describing harsh home life: report
    By Kathleen Joyce

The 17-year-old girl who escaped the California “house of horrors” and alerted authorities of the alleged abuse at the hands of her parents reportedly uploaded videos on YouTube under an alias describing her harsh home life.

The daughter of Louise Anna and David Allen Turpin detailed the harsh living conditions by singing what appeared to be her own written songs, ABC 7 reported.

"You blame me for everything, you blame me in every way, you blame me for what they say, what they say," one of the songs went.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/0...e-page-describing-harsh-home-life-report.html

9. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Inside Edition story on 17-year-old

10. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

11. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Thanks for the links, Uno.

She was clearly trying her best to feel like a normal teenager. :(

12. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

I wonder, too, if she was hoping someone would recognize her plight through the message in her songs' lyrics and the video showing the filthy living conditions in the background. Sort of a modern-day message in a bottle which, sadly, nobody "got" so she had to resort to another plan.
    From what we can see of her in the videos, she certainly looks like a normal teen.

Lily, Cousin Dupree, spike and 3 others like this.
  13. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Good point, Uno. I was raised for a while by a crazy, abusive and neglectful person, and if anyone wonders why none of the kids ran off or told anyone, well, I never ran off while my siblings were still at home, because I was scared for them... and never told anyone because there's just SO much shame, even beyond the fear, and in my case the fear was easier to handle than the shame and the terror of the 'unknown' of what would happen if my family was 'destroyed' as a result. That girl will be carrying a LOT of guilt that she wasn't brave enough to break out sooner, and I hope to heck she is getting a lot of help with that, you recover from the other stuff in time, but guilt sticks to the heart.

Oh, just so much to comment on in that video you posted, the interview with the sister..... don't know where to begin. Just for starters, how about that ---filth--- they left behind in that house? Made me ill just looking at it.

It made me wonder why there's not some kind of mandatory reporting thing to do with real estate and families who live in that kind of filth -- very often it goes hand in hand with some kind of severe neglect or abuse of children, a very big red flag that all is not well with a family... if I was that owner and I knew kids were in the house, I would be all over CPS in a hurry.

Cousin Dupree, NOCLUE, spike and 3 others like this.
  14. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Some news videos, interviews with the mother's extremely angry siblings - note the mention at the end of the one child turning back out of fear.. breaks my damn heart:

I was bullied at school sometimes, too, because of the conditions I was raised in.. hurt upon hurt, terrible shame and fear of everything everywhere you turn, that's the life of these children. I am so glad bullying is being addressed as a serious issue these days.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Cousin Dupree, NOCLUE, spike and 3 others like this.
  15. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

I'm sorry for what you went through, Lily. :hug:

Cousin Dupree, NOCLUE, Lily and 2 others like this.
  16. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

:hug: I'm so sorry for all you had to endure.

Cousin Dupree, NOCLUE, Lily and 2 others like this.
  17. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Thanks :hug: I like to focus on the good things that came of it all, resilience, compassion, empathy.

Cousin Dupree, NOCLUE, spike and 2 others like this.
  18. spike

spike Bronze Member

:kiss: YOU ARE VERY BRAVE, LILY!

19. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Thanks, Spike. I have so much admiration for the girl who escaped that house.. her courage is incredible, it takes a lot to do what she did - truly, it takes all you've got, and she and all her siblings are saved as a result.

20. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

:hug:

Paradise, NOCLUE, Lily and 2 others like this.