1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

#UPDATES: Turpin family found abused in Perris, California

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by noZme, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

So glad the children won’t have to go through that. This is the best that could have come out of this.

kdg411, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Cousin Dupree, Mel70 and Paradise like this.
  3. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

"Brainwashed" too. There is no other reason a Child would justify this behavior. "Louise" is crying for herself. I don't think she has any real remorse. Keeping and treating 13 Children in such a manner and say it's fine in your own Head. No.

4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

5. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

Good, just waiting for what the parole eligibility will be.

6. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

You can tell from some of the Pictures that some of the Girls arms are too skinny. Not "Mom's" though. All of them are Pale. So not knowing they were "Malnourished". B.S. ! One of the ways the Parents controlled them was through Food.

Paradise and Cousin Dupree like this.
  7. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I like NEVER! Or how about all the Children's lifespans accumulated together.

Paradise and Cousin Dupree like this.
  8. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

OMGoodness, the parents are crying. Give me a break!!

Aww, the boy that spoke said he loves his parents and forgives them.

:sniffle:
    fran

9. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

This whole thing just rips your heart apart. :gaah:

Paradise and Mel70 like this.
  10. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Yes it does "Cuz". They have damaged those kids Physically and Mentally. I hope they can get the help they need to lead normal lives. It is going to take quite a bit. Especially the older they are.

noZme, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  11. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

I have seen reports that they are doing good. The older ones keep in touch with the younger ones and they are thriving.

noZme, Cousin Dupree and Mel70 like this.
  12. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

That's great to hear "Paradise". Thank You.

13. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

https://people.com/crime/california...utm_content=041919&cid=368365&mid=20310976117

David and Louise Turpin were sentenced Friday to 25 years to life in prison.

Under the terms of their sentence, it’s possible for them to get parole after 22 years and four months, a spokesperson for the Riverside County District Attorney’s Office tells PEOPLE.

In February, the Perris couple each pleaded guilty to 14 felony counts including cruelty to an adult dependent, child cruelty, torture and false imprisonment in Riverside Superior Court.

. . . .
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/us/turpin-parents-sentencing-friday/index.html

David and Louise Turpin have each been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison after they pleaded guilty to holding captive and torturing their children for years in their California home.

"My parents took my whole life from me," said one of their daughters, identified as Jane Doe Number 4. She was one of two of the children, both now in college, who appeared in court Friday tho offer testimony about how they suffered at the hands of their parents -- and about their hope for the future.
    "But now," she said, "I'm taking my life back."
    The couple was arrested early last year after one of their 13 children -- who ranged in age from 2 to 29 -- managed to escape their filthy home in Perris and called police.

Today, the daughter said, she's living independently and "life is great."
    "I'm a fighter, I'm strong and I'm shooting through life like a rocket," she said, as her mother cried and wiped tears from her eyes.

One of their sons, identified as John Doe Number 2, told the court, "I cannot describe in words what we went through growing up. Sometimes I still have nightmares of things that happened, such as my siblings being chained up or getting beaten."
    "But," he added, "that is the past and this is now." Today he's going to college and working toward a degree in software engineering, he said. He learned how to swim and ride a bike last year, and sometimes takes long rides. He has also learned, he said, to advocate for himself.
    He added a kind word for his parents and extended forgiveness.
    "I love my parents," he said, "and have forgiven them for a lot of the things they did to us."

"I'm sorry for everything I've done to hurt my children," Louise Turpin said, adding she believes God has a special plan for each of them. "I love them more than they could ever imagine."

Meanwhile, Jane Doe Number 4 sobbed softly, wiping her tears. At one point, she reached out to pet Raider, a police dog brought in to provide emotional support to traumatized victims and court witnesses. John Doe Number 2 looked slightly downward.
    David Turpin broke down in tears as he tried to address the court. His attorney read the beginning of his statement, in which the father expressed hope for his children's success and said he hopes they remain close because their mother and father will not be with them.
    "I thank God for all of my children," David Turpin's statement read, adding that he is sorry "if I've done anything to cause them harm."

The court also placed new protective orders for each of the children, tailoring their length to each child.
    According to Jeff Moore, attorney for Louise Turpin, 10 of the children have 10-year restraining orders in place. Two have 5-year restraining orders and one had the restraining order dropped.
    Schwartz said the orders prevent David and Louise Turpin from having personal contact with the children -- whether in person, by mail, phone, social media or through third parties.

. . .
    With video https://www.cbsnews.com/news/turpin...ld-their-13-children-captive-to-be-sentenced/

My parents took my whole life from me, but now I'm taking my life back," said one girl who described attending college and living independently.

She said, "Life may have been bad but it made me strong. I fought to become the person that I am. I saw my dad change my mom. They almost changed me, but I realized what was happening. ... I'm a fighter, I'm strong and I'm shooting through life like a rocket."

Another sibling said he learned how to ride a bike in June and "since then, I've been hooked." He described going to college and studying to be a software engineer, and said he hopes to earn his master's degree.

He said he has forgiven his parents for "a lot of the things that they did to us," but still struggles emotionally.

"I cannot describe in words what we went through growing up," he said, crying. "Sometimes, I still have nightmares of things that had happened to us, such as my siblings being chained up or getting beaten. But that is the past, and this is now."

Some of the other children said they still love their parents. One asked in a statement for a lighter sentence because "they believed everything they did was to protect us." She also said she wanted to have contact with them again, and asked that they be incarcerated nearby.

"I believe our parents feared if they asked for help, they would lose their children," the girl's statement said.

Video, kids speak in court today http://www.ktvu.com/news/402024326-video

14. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Thank You "Skitt". :thankyou:

15. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

IF he did anything to harm them??? What an azzhole.

noZme, Cousin Dupree, spike and 3 others like this.
  16. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Oh yeah....They really did a good job of that. Restraints, Starving, Mental abuse

17. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

The fact a grown son just learned how to "Ride a Bike" is so telling.