1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

KS VINCENT MOORE: Missing from Wichita KS - 11 July 2015 - Age 4 months

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Aug 2, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Vincent Moore has been missing from Wichita, Kansas since approximately July 11. His father has since been located and arrested, but Vincent has not been found.

upload_2015-8-2_10-50-41.jpeg

Wichita police search for 4-month-old boy missing for 3 weeks

On or around June 5, the mother dropped off the 4-month-old and a 2-year-old child with their father for visitation. After a few days, the mother’s attempts to contact the father were unsuccessful “and continued efforts to reach the father and locate the whereabouts of the children were also unsuccessful.”

On Wednesday, the father was stopped by Sedgwick County sheriff’s deputies in the 5500 block of West 21st Street, near Sedgwick County Park, and was arrested and booked into jail on unrelated warrants.

Wichita police Lt. Joe Schroeder confirmed the father’s name is Gary McKensey Moore Jr. Jail records show he was booked around 4:30 a.m. Thursday on two probation violations and failure to appear. In total, his bond is $850,000, records show.

When he was arrested, Moore had the 2-year-old with him, but not the 4-month-old. The 2-year-old has since been returned to the mother.
    http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article29693191.html

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/vincent-moore-missing-from-kansas.639/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
    Uno2Much, GarAndMo49, spike and 4 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Wichita Police looking for missing 4-month-old

On July 11th, the father was seen leaving the home with Vincent, but the four-month-old has not been seen since.

"I heard from this girl yesterday who said he had borrowed her truck like 3 or 5 in the morning," said Mendez. "He told her he was bringing me the baby and he wasn't. I guess he came back later just crying. He was just a mess and he was talking about how he needed to get out of town and things. The car seat was in the car and it was just empty. The diaper bag was just there and it was a mess."

Police and the Sedwick County Exploited and Missing Children Unit have been talking with family members and friends since then, and all have different accounts on the child's whereabouts. Captain Weible said all of those accounts turned up false.

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/wichita-police-discuss-missing-4monthold/34472130

Uno2Much, GarAndMo49, spike and 4 others like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

spike, MadgeS and walkie-talkie like this.
  4. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Uno2Much, GarAndMo49, byo and 2 others like this.
  5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I have no words.

6. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

OMG
    This article appears ominous.

:(
    fran

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Not much news out there about Vincent.
    So many missing babies right now. :(

8. Kimster

It seems like it's out of control. I'm getting more and more frightened over it.

9. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Another missing baby case, similar to Lonzi in that the youngest child is missing and the oldest is not. What in heavens name is going on?
    What a beautiful boy Vincent is. PRAYING!

10. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Oh wow. Another one?!?!

GarAndMo49, MadgeS and Takeitfromme like this.
  11. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I am new to this case..... oh my goodness, what the hell is wrong with people? He had the oldest but will not account for the whereabouts of the baby? SICK!

Mel70, patsella, GarAndMo49 and 3 others like this.
  12. Kimster

It's like an epidemic lately, @Takeitfromme ! There are a lot of babies in our media gallery right now, most of them missing within the last three months!! :pullhair:

13. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I'm starting to notice that! I just do not understand... a lot of states have baby safe haven laws. You can go to a hospital, fire station, police station and surrender a babe safely, don't kill them..... don't leave them to the elements to die! so maddening...

GarAndMo49 and MadgeS like this.
  14. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Just in the last 2 months, I've worked on 3 cases of a missing baby - none of which are found yet - and all of which the boyfriend/dad was the caregiver at the time if the disappearance.

Leaona Wright (South Carolina) June 6, 2015 - moms boyfriend was the caregiver. He is sitting in jail on unrelated charges (well, mom is too, now). Still missing.

Ember Graham (Califirnia) July 2, 2015 - dad was the caregiver. He went to jail on unrelated charges, was released, took off, was killed in a shootout with the cops. Still missing.

Lonzie Barton (Florida) July 24, 2015 - boyfriend was the caregiver. He went to jail on unrelated charges. Still missing.

And, now, this little guy :( I don't know what in the world is going on.

15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Just outside 2 months, but - Janna Rivera (Indiana) May 29, 2015 - father was the caregiver. He was in jail on unrelated charges but later released. Still missing.

And now Vincent.

I'm not one for getting worked up about "more than normal" disappearances, because a lot of it is media dependent and not at all connected. But damn if there isn't a string of missing babies currently... Ugh.

GarAndMo49, MadgeS, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  16. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

I forgot about Janna! It does seem very unusual to have so many with similar circumstances all within such a short period of time :(

Takeitfromme likes this.
  17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Wichita police continue to track leads in missing child case

Wichita police are still investigating information regarding the location of a child who has been missing for three weeks, Wichita police Capt. Jeff Weible said Monday.

On Monday, Weible said police have received some tips from the public and investigators are looking into the information.

“We are hopeful,” he said, that the child is still alive.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article29868538.html#storylink=cpy

GarAndMo49, MadgeS and Takeitfromme like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Police: No plans to return to Derby area in missing infant case

Authorities have no plans to return to a wooded area south of Wichita in their search for a missing infant.

Monday’s search of the grounds near K-15 and 55th Street South “was due to a lead that was given to investigations,” police Lt. James Espinoza said Tuesday.

Numerous law enforcement officers and a K-9 unit went through the area for about three hours “looking for evidence that might be helpful in finding baby Vincent,” who turned 5 months old on Monday, Espinoza said.

But the search for Vincent D. Moore came up empty and investigators have no reason to return to the location, he said.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article29948814.html#storylink=cpy

MadgeS, WindStorm and byo like this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Missing baby Vincent's father speaks from jail

Gary Moore thinks his son is alive, but he's worried about him. Five-month-old Vincent Moore disappeared 26 days ago.

We asked Moore what he thinks happened to his son. "I think she just has him stashed away," said Moore. "That's all I want to think about."

He's talking about Vincent's mother, Michelle Mendez. The couple separated, but are legally married. Mendez told us Moore had Vincent last. Moore says she did.

"The night I had dropped him off to her, she just yanked him out of my car and yanked the diaper bag and left," said Moore.

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/missing-baby-vincents-father-speaks-from-jail/34585192

20. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Beautiful baby! Praying