1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX WALKER COUNTY JANE DOE: WF, 14-18, found nude near Sam Houston National Forest - Nov 1980 *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1989' started by Kimster, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

[​IMG]

Meet "Walker County Jane Doe". But that's not her real name! What is her real name? Who is looking for her? Help us find them!

1980 - Huntsville, Texas

"Walker County Jane Doe"

On November 1, 1980, a truck driver found this girl about 16 years old, lying face down and nude near the Sam Houston National Forest in Walker County Texas, about a half mile south of the FM 1696 exit near Huntsville.

She had been savagely beaten and sexually assaulted before dying by slow strangulation. Her face and body were covered with bruises from the beating and there was a human bite mark on her back near her right shoulder. The autopsy revealed she had been sexually assaulted with a blunt instrument.

When the murder was reported in the local media, several people came forward and said they'd seen a teenager matching her description the day before her body was found. One witness, the manager of a gas station, positively identified the victim as a girl who had been at the station around 6:30 p.m. Halloween night asking for directions to the Ellis prison unit. She was wearing blue jeans, a yellow pullover sweater with big pockets that hung below her waist, and carrying high-heeled sandals in her hand. She looked disheveled like she had been traveling and perhaps sleeping in her clothes. She left the station, walking north on Sam Houston avenue.

A waitress working at the Hitchin Post truck stop on Interstate 45 said the girl came into the restaurant the same evening and again, asked for directions to the Ellis Unit, saying she had a friend there. The waitress asked the girl how old she was and the girl responded 19. The waitress thought that was an obvious lie and then asked the girl if her parents knew where she was. The young girl replied, "Who cares". The waitress asked her where she was from. The girl replied Aransas Pass/Rockport, Texas area (near Corpus Christi).

Authorities interviewed every inmate at the Ellis Prison Unit, and none of them admitted to having known the girl.

Extensive inquiries in the Aransas Pass/Rockport area have been unsuccessful, and she does not appear in any of the high school yearbooks from the Aransas Pass/Rockport area for that era.

Authorities don't believe that she had been living on the streets for very long, as she appeared to be well-nourished and her teeth were well-cared for.

She was between 14 and 18 years old, stood 5 feet 6 inches tall, and weighed 105 lbs. She had long wavy light brown hair and brown or hazel eyes.

She had a vertical scar about 1½ inches long above her right eye that transected her right eyebrow.

34 years later, "Walker County Jane Doe" remains UNIDENTIFIED.
    https://www.facebook.com/carl.koppelman?fref=ts

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...ker-county-texas-near-huntsville-in-1980.973/

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  2. Kimster

3. Kimster

Rule outs
    According to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, the following people have been ruled out as being the Walker County Jane Doe.

Name Birth date Missing Date Age at time of murder Location Circumstances
    Mary "Rachel" Trlica (Arnold) 15 November 1957 23 December 1974 22 Fort Worth, Texas Apparently abducted with two friends while Christmas shopping. Within days of her disappearance, a letter was mailed to her husband that stated that she and her companions were traveling to Houston, Texas. The letter was written by a right-handed person, where Trlica was left-handed.[13]
    Cindy King 27 July 1961 19 July 1977 19 Grants Pass, Oregon A girl who went missing in 1977. She had worn a retainer when she went missing and had a scar near one of her temples, like the Jane Doe.[14][15]
    Kimberly Rae Doss 11 September 1962 29 May 1979 18 Jacksonville, Florida Vanished while visiting a relative. She had similar physical characteristics as the Jane Doe.
    Deborah McCall 30 March 1963 5 November 1979 17 Downers Grove, Illinois Last seen departing from school. She wore a gold necklace, like the victim and had very similar physical characteristics.[16]
    Kristy Booth 26 December 1960 2 February 1980 19 Midland, Texas A nineteen-year-old waitress who was presumably abducted while she was driving to get vehicle repairs.[17]
    Laureen Rahn 3 April 1966 26 April 1980 14 Manchester, New Hampshire Believed to have been abducted after leaving her home on the night of her disappearance. She did not take her purse, shoes or additional clothing, indicating she did not intend to travel far.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_County_Jane_Doe

4. Kimster

Post mortem pics of Walker County Jane Doe:

WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC AND CAN BE DISTURBING TO THOSE NOT USED TO POST MORTEM PICS!!!

Please view for reference only!

5. Kimster

New revisions by Carl Koppelman. He does such a beautiful job of bringing does back to life!

FB_IMG_1436150352960.jpg

6. Kimster

Newest rendition of pretty Walker Doe. Where is your family, girl?

[​IMG]

Advocate likes this.
  7. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

The image isn't showing up :(

Advocate likes this.
  8. Kimster

Can you see her in the Thumbnail?

Attached Files:

9. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Yep. Now I can see her

GarAndMo49, Advocate and Kimster like this.
  10. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Carl is determined to get WCJD her name back. He has been redoing her recons for a few months now. We keep them current in her album on Never Forget Me. For some reason we weren't having luck with people sharing her posts no matter how many times I rewrote the narrative. People finally started sharing her when Carl made the new recons with her full body

He's also made a FB page
    Who Was Walker County Jane Doe?

Here is their album on Never Forget Me -
    Walker County Texas Jane Doe Age 14-18 November 1, 1980

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

Carl K is AMAZING!!! Hoping this will trigger someone's memory, at the very least...

12. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Oh wow thanks @Advocate ! Carl has done an amazing job as always!

Advocate, Kimster and GarAndMo49 like this.
  13. Advocate

Some know that Carl, Still Seek Answers & myself work very closely together. SSA is very good on the phone with LE as she has a teen sister missing since the early 70's. SSA has been speaking to WCJD's detective, trying to make Carl's recon the most accurate one out there. We were shocked to find out her hair actually falls to her shoulders as it's been described at 10 inches in length cut in wing fashion. The last recon put out for WCJD had very long hair. We've tried to get a photo of the necklace as well as the shoes. It's bothered me that their last recon had a smokey Topaz stone while Doe Net had smokey blue stone as the description. It's my thought that Doe net got the blue from somewhere. LE insists it's described as a smokey stone, no blue. Smokey blue stones were popular back then, as was Topaz. After Carl did the full length recon holding shoes, I had gone to google images to see what I could come up with. There are so many styles that fit the description; hard to know which it was. Glad LE are sending her shoes for testing. I wish they would send her teeth for isotope testing.

2 new articles were put out a few days after her 35th anniversary; with a new recon. Clueless why he didn't use Carls.

Detectives Hope New Composite of Murder Victim, will help Solve 35 Year Cold Case Updated: Wed 6:59 PM, Nov 04, 2015

Sheriff's Office reopens 1980 murder investigation - Posted: Friday, November 6, 2015 7:25 am
    "There are some composite sketches of Jane Doe out there, but none of them looked alike. We worked with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and now we have one that we believe most looks like what the victim would have looked like at the time of her murder."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  14. Advocate

15. Kimster

:thankyou: Making a note to myself to update her in the gallery so her latest composite gets out on Twitter.

If you're reading here and want to know how you can help? Please share her on your social media! Even guests can click on our media gallery pictures and tweet images for the missing and unidentified!

16. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

What if there was a huge social media push for WCJD over the holidays, the way there was for Grateful Doe last year?

17. Advocate

Sounds like a great idea

Lily, HauntingSoul and Kimster like this.
  18. Kimster

NamUs Case # 4630 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://identifyus.org/cases/4630

The following fields have been changed:
    Image added

Lily likes this.
  19. Advocate

At some point the description of her clothes changed. I'm not good with google news archives to try to find an older article to see what's correct. I don't understand how its been the big yellow sweater with pockets that hung below her waist all this time until the NCMEC recon came out.

Lily, DaisyChains and Kimster like this.
  20. Kimster

Where are you seeing different? You mean, the white sweater over a yellow blouse?

It would be nice if they had a clothing description in there.

Lily and DaisyChains like this.