1. NORTH CAROLINA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Hania Aguilar, 13, after she was abducted in Lumberton on November 5.
    Hania was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition which was found abandoned on November 8.
    A detailed description of the abductor is not known at this time.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WARRIENA WRIGHT: Gable Tostee accused of murder over "fall from balcony-Gold Coast,Qld-8th Aug,2014

Discussion in 'Australia: Crimes & Trials' started by MarlyWings, Apr 27, 2015.

1. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

September 9, 2014

Court documents have revealed details of what occurred inside Gable Tostee's apartment when Warriena Wright fell from his 14th-floor balcony on August 8.

Police say Ms Wright and Mr Tostee were alone in the Surfers Paradise apartment, having met earlier on dating app Tinder.

Mr Tostee has been charged with murder, but plans to fight the charge in court.

[​IMG]

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ostees-apartment-balcony-20140908-10e4zm.html

2. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

MissyMoo and fran like this.
  3. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Gable Tostee jailed in NSW for high-speed cross-border police chase in dad’s car

February 02, 2015

GABLE Tostee is back behind bars after being sent to jail in NSW for a a drunken, high-speed cross-border police pursuit in his dad’s car.

Tostee, who is on bail for for murder in Queensland, looked shocked as he was jailed for 10 months for the unrelated offence in Tweed Heads Local Court.

He will serve six months before being released on parole.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...hase-in-dads-car/story-fnn8dlfs-1227205283055

MissyMoo, GarAndMo49 and fran like this.
  4. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

26 April 2015

Accused balcony killer Gable Tostee will remain behind bars after a judge rejected his appeal over drunken car chase conviction

New South Wales police deployed road spikes in an effort to stop Tostee who was travelling at speeds of around 200 kilometres an hour.

The accused murderer continued to drive on the car's rims until the chase came to an end, after he had crossed the Queensland border.

Tostee admitted to police he was intoxicated and his vehicle was unregistered.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unken-car-chase-conviction.html#ixzz3YVinLaVG

MissyMoo, GarAndMo49 and fran like this.
  5. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Not much in the way of new news on this case. Only a couple of months until the trial.

I'm hoping the cops have a solid case against him, if they're still going to try him for murder.

MissyMoo and GarAndMo49 like this.
  6. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

She sure was gorgeous!

7. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

A couple of months until the Committal Hearing around Sept 30th. I don't think the case will get to trial until some time early next year as it usually takes around two years following arrest/charges.

He'll be back out and about come August 1st when he's released from prison after his six month sentence is up for the drink driving charges.

Feb 4, 2015

Tostee is due for release from prison on August 1.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e-to-eric-thomas/story-fnn8dlfs-1227207031292

March 13, 2015

In the Southport Magistrates Court this morning solicitor Nick Dore applied for a hearing date of September 30 to stop any delays in the case as a result of Tostee’s incarceration in NSW.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...a-wrights-murder/story-fnje8bkv-1227261140831

MissyMoo and Lily like this.
  8. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Accused murderer Gabe Tostee faces a legal limbo

July 31, 2015

ACCUSED murderer Gable Tostee could be left in limbo in NSW after his release from prison tomorrow amid confusion about his conflicting parole and bail conditions.

Tostee was imprisoned for 10 months in NSW in February after he led police on a dangerous, high-speed pursuit following the Splendour in the Grass festival.

Tostee was on bail for the murder of New Zealand woman Warriena Wright — who plummeted to her death from his 14th-storey Surfers Paradise balcony — at the time of the Tweed Heads sentence.

After serving his six-month non-parole period he will be released from prison tomorrow but he will not be able to leave NSW without prior approval from the parole board.

The debacle means Tostee could be stuck in NSW in breach of his bail conditions while waiting for the sign off to return home to the Gold Coast.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...es-a-legal-limbo/story-fnii5v6w-1227463743347

MissyMoo and Lily like this.
  9. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Accused balcony killer hits out at alleged victim on Facebook

August 7, 2015

Accused Gold Coast balcony killer Gable Tostee has taken to Facebook to claim his alleged victim attempted a high-rise jump "not even the world's most skilled acrobats could achieve" before she fell to her death.

Tostee said claims he "violently assaulted" New Zealand tourist Warriena Wright before she fell from his 14th floor Surfers Paradise balcony in August last year were "entirely concocted and unsubstantiated by evidence", the Courier-Mail reports.

"In fact the opposite is true — I was the one being repeatedly assaulted, and I did what any sensible person would do by disarming her and separating myself from her," he wrote on his Facebook page.

Tostee was released from jail earlier this week after serving six months of a 10-month jail sentence over a drunken high speed police chase.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...lleged-victim-on-facebook#cEvMvtuz1sQToMEv.99

MissyMoo likes this.
  10. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

^^ YAWN................
    [​IMG]
    Bring on the committal!!!!

11. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

OMFG -- anyone remember the "ballerina leap" from another case involving death by balcony?

I sincerely hope the police are taking notice of the crap he posts.

GarAndMo49, MarlyWings and Kimster like this.
  12. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

Yes! that's exactly what this case reminds me of!

MissyMoo and MarlyWings like this.
  13. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

I was just watching an episode of The Hunt, where they're looking for a drunk driver that killed a young man in a head-one collision. Private schools, well-off parents, a history of reckless behaviour, no responsibility at all taken, to the point where he fled (with help) to avoid prosecution for vehicular homicide. And what struck me was the parents of his victim, asking WHY this guy was still free and on the road the night he killed their son.

Gable Tostee (Eric Thomas now, pft) has repeatedly had his license revoked, repeatedly been arrested for drunk and reckless driving, doesn't give a rat's ass for the lives of his friends in the vehicle with him, or anyone else on the road, or the officers that have to chase him down - and like this other jerk, it'd be fitting to say "it's just a matter of time before he kills somebody".

Except, he already has.

I can't believe he got less than a year for his last arrest, when he was on bail (or was it probation?) for the one before that, at the time.

MissyMoo, MarlyWings and Kimster like this.
  14. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

:yada:Oh, shut the hell up, you disgusting waste of protoplasm!
    MarlyWings and/or other Aussie friends, do they have those electronic ankle bracelets there? Not that they're a wonderful monitoring system, but better than just telling these losers they can't leave NSW. Plus, IMO, this creep should be required to have unscheduled drug and alcohol tests at the very least.
    Not intending to come across as critical of AU at ALL; the same crap happens here all too often.

MissyMoo, Kimster and Lily like this.
  15. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Yep Oz has the ankle bracelets which are used quite often to keep track of crims.

As part of Tostee's bail conditions for the alleged murder of Warriena, he's not to drink alcohol and has random breath tests. My guess is police are keeping a mighty close eye on him.

November 19, 2014

The alleged murderer has been given strict and unusual bail conditions:

- Tostee must live with his parents in their Carrara home.

- A strict curfew has been imposed, meaning he must be home between 10pm and 4am.

- He is no to consume alcohol and must paricipate in a rehab program and undergo “random breath testing”.

- He is not allowed to use dating app Tinder, or use any form of social media to make arrangements to arrange meetings with any women he had not met before bail was granted.

- Tostee’s parents have to pay a $200,000 surety, to minimise his risk of fleeing

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...-warriena-wright/story-fnj4alav-1227127945110

Lily, GarAndMo49 and MissyMoo like this.
  16. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

This guy reminds me of the prat who was last one seen with Natalie Holloway, he thinks he is untouchable.
    Wanker :eyeroll:

MarlyWings, Lily and GarAndMo49 like this.
  17. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

Thanks, MarlyWings & MissyMoo~
    I feel a bit better knowing he's more restricted than I thought. I think I got distracted by another headline & didn't read the article carefully. Yes, MissyMoo, he's a wanker, and I've felt he did it from the beginning. Creep!
    Edited to add: Tostee - hmm- MissyMoo, this may call for a return of Old Sparky!

MarlyWings, Lily and MissyMoo like this.
  18. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Bahaha @GarAndMo49 thats it. Im too scared to go near THAT image again after the last little MISHAP. :teehee::crazy::teehee:

I cant imagine the terror Warriena felt.
    Poor girl.

MarlyWings, Lily and GarAndMo49 like this.
  19. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

I can imagine it quite clearly -- I heard the leaked recording and her pitiful screams of "no, no, no..." and "let me go home!" in the moments before she died.

Before that, I heard her trying to placate Tostee in gasps, while he was clearly choking the breath out of her.

I wish I'd not listened to it, at times, it's difficult to get out of one's head. But I'm also glad I did.. it's a vivid reminder of just what kind of person this Tostee really is, as if the multiple drunk driving events don't make that obvious enough.

Ugh, I can't even think about him too long.

MarlyWings, MissyMoo and GarAndMo49 like this.
  20. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Gable Tostee to face committal hearing on the Gold Coast over Tinder hook-up murder

September 30, 20153:23pm

THE case against accused balcony killer Gable Tostee has been delayed over an administrative bungle.

Tostee was expected to be ordered to stand trial for murder over the death of a New Zealand tourist on the Gold Coast, but will now have to return to court next month as the brief of evidence against him is correctly filed with the court .

The Gold Coast’s new head magistrate Chris Callaghan ordered the case return to court next month.

The woman he is alleged to have killed, Warriena Wright, was heavily intoxicated the night she plunged to her death from his Gold Coast high-rise apartment, according to toxicology reports

An audio file seized from a mobile phone, allegedly recording the next three hours, has already been submitted to the courts and shapes as a key plank of evidence in the case.

So too do the results of Ms Wright’s autopsy, which showed she had a blood alcohol reading of 0.156 at the time of her death.

Such a reading, more than three times the legal Australian driving limit, is considered “high range”.

Police do not allege that Tostee pushed Ms Wright over the balcony of his 14th floor Surfers Paradise apartment, but rather that his actions in the lead up had her in such fear of her life that he was responsible for her death.

The scenario has seen murder charges applied in previous cases interstate

He will stand trial in Brisbane on a date to be fixed, likely to be some time next year.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...r-hook-up-murder/story-fnii5v6w-1227550169027

GarAndMo49 likes this.