1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NV WASHOE COUNTY JANE DOE: WF, 25-35, found near Lake Tahoe, NV - 17 July 1982 *GRAPHIC**Mary Silvani*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Scorpio, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Jane-Doe.jpg

https://identifyus.org/cases/8427

On 07/17/1982 at approximately 1330 hours, hikers found the decedent on the East side of Sheep Flats, south of Mt. Rose Highway. She was found lying prone on the ground with defects to the back of her head. Mens underwear had been used to cover the defects. She was clad except for being barefoot. Her livor mortis was still blanching when she was found.

staff added media link: http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...laketahoe-in-1982-is-still-unidentified.1977/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2017
    FlandersFields, Akoya, spike and 2 others like this.
  2. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

id_photo.jpg
    index.jpe
    Post Mortem photographs.

Akoya, spike and MULDER like this.
  3. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Washoe_County_JD_Reconstruction_5.jpg
    Reconstruction by Carl.

[​IMG]
    2015 artist sketch.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  4. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://www.washoesheriff.com/sub.php?page=unsolved-homicides
    Case#: G82-0433
    [​IMG]
    Victim: Jane Doe-White Adult Female
    Date of Occurrence: July 17, 1982

Synopsis:
    On July 17, 1982, a white female was found dead in the Sheeps Flat area of Mount Rose. This is the area commonly referred to as the Meadows, just over the Mount Rose Summit as you drop into the Tahoe Basin. It is a forested area in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

The victim had not been there long and was clothed. She wore a bathing suit under her clothing. She also wore a blue top, blue jeans, and yellow tennis shoes. There was no identification and her identity is still unknown.

The victim is believed to be of European decent based upon an inoculation scar and unique dental work. Although many leads have been pursued, her identity and whereabouts prior to her death are still a mystery.

This agency is actively seeking anyone who may have knowledge about this case.

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headline...w-Life-To-A-33-Year-Old-Murder-317665371.html
    New Details Released in 33-Year-Old Cold Case

RENO, NV - After years of investigation, a young woman found murdered off the Mount Rose Highway is still only known as "Jane Doe", but investigators in the Washoe County Sheriff's Cold Case Unit have a new theory and want to access a new tool--social media.

July 17, 1982, a young woman, 25 to 35 years of age, about 5 and a half feet tall with slender build, light brown hair and hazel eyes,
    walked across the meadow at the top of the highway between the Truckee Meadows and Lake Tahoe, an area known as Sheep Flat.

She was with or met someone who sexually assaulted her and shot her multiple times in the back. Then as now, finding her killer begins with finding "Jane Doe's" real name. No identification was found, but investigators believed they had enough to go on. Extensive and distinctive dental work and a vaccination scar seemed to suggest a European background, but thousands of missing persons reports there and here were examined. No match. A recent reexamination of that evidence now questions that European connection and has led to a new theory.

"Her teeth were in disrepair at the time she was murdered and appeared to have been in decline for a couple of years," says Dave Jenkins, a retired Reno Police detective now working in the Washoe County Sheriff's Cold Case Unit. "So we're looking at someone perhaps who may have had considerable family resources at one time, but this is someone who may have become voluntarily estranged from her family and friends and might have been believed to have left town."

She was dressed for a day at the lake, jeans and t-shirt over a blue bathing suit. The t-shirt was sold only on the West Coast. "We think it's more likely that she may have been residing in one of the western states before her murder."

Jenkins and fellow detectives also have tools investigators didn't have three decades ago. "We have DNA available both from the victim to identify her and from the potential suspect." And they have a new, more accurate sketch of her face, but until they can put a name to the face and that new possible profile, the case will remain unsolved. That's where the public and a new way of reaching them comes in. Tuesday, the Sheriff's office will be posting the sketch and information on its Facebook page and hoping it reaches far and wide.

"I want them to share it with their friends and ask them also if it might have been someone they might have known. It's only appropriate that we make every effort possible to identify her and, in identifying her, that might bring us closer to identifying the suspect as well."

Anyone with information is asked to call the Washoe County Sheriff's Office at (775) 328-3320 or Secret Witness at (775) 322-4900.

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/156ufnv.html

Clothing
    : She wore a white lace bathing suit, size medium, underneath Lee Rider blue jeans and a powder-blue, size medium, sleeveless T-shirt. She also wore pale yellow tennis shoes, size 6.
    sheepsflatshoe.jpg
    Washoe_clothes.jpg

FlandersFields, Akoya, spike and 2 others like this.
  7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I grew up south of that area and have extended family in Washoe County. It was once a wild area with lots of meth labs back in that time period. I've wondered if a man was on a meth rage and killed her. Just one scenario to think about.

FlandersFields, Akoya, spike and 3 others like this.
  8. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Kimster, patsella, spike and 2 others like this.
  9. Buffalo77

Buffalo77 New Member

Does anybody know the gym shoe logo that you can see in the picture? Does the dentist know what country she is from based on her dental works?

Scorpio, Kimster and spike like this.
  10. Kimster

It looks familiar! Are those Tom's? Still trying to find out.

Scorpio, Akoya and spike like this.
  11. spike

spike Bronze Member

I dont see that logo for Tom's.

Scorpio and Akoya like this.
  12. Kimster

I looked and couldn't find it either. I really do think it looks familiar! I've Googled every which way and can't find it. I'm going to see if there's a scan app that might identify it.

13. spike

spike Bronze Member

Patagonia??

14. Kimster

patagonia_Rolling_thur_sticker_large.png

I don't think so?

Scorpio, spike and Akoya like this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Toms wasn't founded until 2006. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toms_Shoes

They may be "Skips" shoes? I don't think that's a brand, but maybe just a type of shoe.
    Been looking at logos for a while. Even did a reverse image Google search. Couldn't find anything at all. (With the image quality, not surprising.)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Scorpio, spike and Akoya like this.
  16. spike

spike Bronze Member

17. Kimster

Okay, I was confused when I said Tom's. I was thinking Vans. But, I can't find that either. Now I'm looking at all kinds of shoes from that era. @Buffalo77 started something!

ETA: I put a request to identify the brand on Twitter. Maybe we need a bit more crowdsourcing!

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Don't forget European shoes! I was looking for a bit yesterday but didn't come across anything.

Great idea on reaching out via Twitter!

Scorpio, Akoya and spike like this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Good news! Sheep Flat Jane Doe's DNA results file has been received and uploaded to GEDmatch. It seems to be in good shape. We should start getting DNA matches tomorrow morning and should have a sense of what's ahead at that point.

https://www.facebook.com/DNADoeProject/

Scorpio, Kimster and spike like this.
  20. spike

spike Bronze Member

:good:

Scorpio likes this.