1. NORTH CAROLINA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Hania Aguilar, 13, after she was abducted in Lumberton on November 5.
    Hania was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition which was found abandoned on November 8.
    A detailed description of the abductor is not known at this time.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL YESSENIA SUAREZ & her 2 children: Missing from Deltona, FL - 22 Oct 2013 - Ages 28, 9 & 8 *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Missing 2010 to 2014' started by Jaws, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Jaws

Jaws Active Member

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

spike, Akoya, noZme and 4 others like this.
  3. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

This is such a sad case.

How could he? The children?

:(
    fran

spike, Akoya, MadgeS and 3 others like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

Never heard of this case before! :vigil:

What could he have done with them?

spike, Akoya, MadgeS and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jaws

Jaws Active Member

I said three years in my original post, but it should have been the two year anniversary.

There is a large (but shallow)alligator filled lake very close to where she lived. They searched it pretty thoroughly though, and with all the boat traffic and the time that has passed I would think that they would have found something. That was where I initially suspected he had disposed of their bodies.

There are tons of woods, marshlands, and just empty overgrown countryside within a short drive of where they lived. Then there is the x-factor of whether his old gang helped him dispose of the bodies. If that is the case they could be anywhere. I honestly think that it will just be luck now if they are found...like a hunter coming across their bodies during the winter when the foliage dies back a little. Very sad!

spike, Akoya, MadgeS and 4 others like this.
  6. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I remember this case. her parents (children's grandparents) seemed so nice.

Toledo is mean, violent & connected to some very bad characters. His gang affiliation is frightening. I don't know if his suicide attempt was real or staged for insanity defense ~ this guy is capable of anything. I hope prosecution can proceed without the bodies. He & his cohorts are pros.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...cles/cfn/2013/10/26/person_of_interest_i.html

spike, Akoya, MadgeS and 4 others like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Defense argues Toledo's comments should be excluded in Deltona murder case

Luis Toledo was illegally arrested and questioned after his wife and her two children disappeared, and all his statements to investigators should be thrown out, a defense attorney argued in court Tuesday.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/a...nts-should-be-excluded-in-Deltona-murder-case

Attorney for man charged in triple murder: Arrest was illegal

An attorney for a Deltona man accused in the 2013 killing of his wife and her two young children says his client's arrest was illegal.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...cles/cfn/2015/11/10/luis_toledo_hearing_.html

Akoya, MadgeS and Jaws like this.
  8. Jaws

Jaws Active Member

I never really understood why Lake Mary police came to arrest him, and didn't just send the arrest warrant over to the Volusia County Sheriff's Dept to serve. I hope it doesn't end up convoluting the case.

As little time as he had, combined with the fact that some of his other disposals of evidence weren't done in a very smart way, makes me think they haven't found their bodies because some of his experienced gang members helped him dispose of them.

But then again maybe he just got lucky. :(

Akoya, noZme and MadgeS like this.
  9. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Justice...........:vigil:

Akoya, Jaws and noZme like this.
  10. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

He knows he did it, we know he did it, he knows that we know he did it ~ it will be a crying shame if he is cut loose on a technicality.

Akoya, Kimster, Jaws and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jaws

Jaws Active Member

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...cles/cfn/2015/11/25/luis_toledo_statemen.html

Judge: Luis Toledo's confession can be used against him

A Volusia County judge says a confession from a man accused of killing his wife and her children can be used against him at his trial.

Prosecutors say Luis Toledo confessed to killing his wife in 2013, but his attorney says detectives never read him his Miranda rights.
    In a ruling released late Wednesday, the judge says Toledo was read his rights no fewer than seven times once he was taken into custody.
    Only a small portion of the several statements Toledo gave were ruled as inadmissible because it happened before he was Mirandized.

Akoya, fran, KimberlyAnn and 3 others like this.
  12. Kimster

:clap:

Akoya and KimberlyAnn like this.
  13. Jaws

Jaws Active Member

http://www.wesh.com/news/defense-attorneys-want-toledo-trial-moved-out-of-volusia-county/36802794
    Defense attorneys want Toledo trial moved out of Volusia County

The defense attorneys for the Volusia County man accused of murdering his family want the trial moved out of the county.

Luis Toledo's attorneys said pre-trial publicity might hurt their chances.

Toledo's suspected gang connections also came up during Friday's pre-trial hearing.

Toledo, a man who allegedly murdered his wife and two stepchildren, was once the third-highest ranking Latin King gang member in Florida. That information, according to the judge, is too inflammatory for a jury to hear.

Akoya, fran and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  14. Kimster

Too inflammatory WHY? So they can be misled into thinking he was an outstanding citizen?

:angry:

Akoya and fran like this.
  15. Jaws

Jaws Active Member

Akoya, fran, Kimster and 1 other person like this.
  16. Kimster

Do you guys think they'll go for the death penalty without knowing exactly what he did with their bodies?

Akoya likes this.
  17. Jaws

Jaws Active Member

I think some people are thinking they will take the Death Penalty off the table in hopes that he will tell them where the bodies are at. I don't think he will ever tell them. It's the last bit of power that he still holds.

Akoya and Kimster like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Grandmother of dead children leaves Luis Toledo hearing in tears

Yessenia Suarez's mother could not stand the statements during a hearing Thursday in the Luis Toledo case about the killing of her daughter and grandchildren, including a comment about a killer with an ax, and rushed from the courtroom in tears.

Prosecutor Ed Davis said during the hearing Thursday that medical examiner Dr. Timothy Gallagher should be allowed to testify as to whether Toledo's statements about how he killed his wife and how her children died were plausible. Toledo told police his wife died after he struck her in the throat but has blamed the children's death on someone else.

"The defendant in this case gave a detailed statement about how he murdered his wife," Davis said. "He gave a detailed statement about what he saw when he went in a room and saw his children had just been murdered by someone standing there with an ax."

More: http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20160107/NEWS/160109707

Akoya, fran, Kimster and 1 other person like this.
  19. Kimster

My gosh I want to wrap my arms around her! :tears:

Akoya and fran like this.
  20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Luis Toledo's death penalty trial delayed after Supreme Court ruling

Circuit Judge Raul Zambrano has delayed Luis Toledo's triple-murder trial three days after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled Florida's death penalty process is unconstitutional.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20160115/NEWS/160119674

Recent death penalty ruling won't impact local cases

The recent U.S. Supreme Court decision that struck down Florida’s death penalty sentencing system will not have an immediate effect on two pending St. Johns County cases, the 7th Circuit State Attorney’s Office has said.

Hathaway said the high court’s decision “did raise a lot of uncertainties for the death penalty” in the state, and has already led to the postponement of Luis Toledo’s trial in the 7th Circuit.

Jury selection was scheduled for Jan. 19, but prosecutors moved last week to have the trial postponed, Hathaway said.

“Neither of them are in a trial posture in the immediate future,” he said. “I anticipate the legislature will address these uncertainties prior to them going to trial.”

http://staugustine.com/news/local-n...y-ruling-wont-impact-local-cases#.VqG8c1KQ-y9

Akoya and noZme like this.