1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX ZOE GABRIELLE CAMPOS: Missing from Lubbock, TX - 17 November 2013 - Age 18 *Found Deceased*ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by fran, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I am very sad. Zoe is one of the first cases that we started discussing when we made this forum. May her loved ones be able to heal. And may Justice be done swiftly!

2. Kimster

:vigil: Remembering my post from 3 years ago.

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Funeral arrangements set for Zoe Campos

The family of Zoe Campos announced Monday evening funeral arrangements for the 18-year-old have been set, five years after her murder.

In a message on the Missing Zoe Campos facebook page, Campos' mother, Melinda Campos said a memorial will be held on Dec. 10, and a prayer service held the next evening at Chapel of Grace in the 1900 block of 34th Street.

The memorial will be open to the public from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the 10th. The prayer service will begin at 6 p.m. on the 11th. Campos said any other time is being reserved for the family. “We want to spend as much time with our daughter by ourselves before we lay her to rest," the message said.

Melinda Campos thanked the public for their support in the wake of Zoe’s death, “You have supported us, given us hope by sharing her post, you have prayed for her and for me and you have loved her like she was one of your own and for that we are deeply thankful!”

The family says anyone who wishes to send flowers or other items can contact Chapel of Grace.

https://www.kcbd.com/2018/12/04/funeral-arrangements-set-zoe-campos/

[​IMG]

Tammy and Kimster like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Lubbock man indicted for murder in Zoe Campos slaying

A Lubbock County grand jury has indicted a 25-year-old man in connection with the slaying of 18-year-old Zoe Campos five years ago.

Carlos Rodriquez was indicted Tuesday on a murder charge, which carries a punishment of five years to life in prison.

Lubbock County prosecutors believe he strangled Campos to death on Nov. 17, 2013, according to the indictment.

Rodriquez remains held at the Lubbock County Detention Center. His bail on the murder charge is set at $500,000. However, court records show he pleaded guilty in October to the stalking charge in exchange for a four-year prison sentence.

https://www.lubbockonline.com/news/20190108/lubbock-man-indicted-for-murder-in-zoe-campos-slaying

Kimster and Tammy like this.
  5. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

This is the same person that police original said they believed She visited the night she disappeared right? If so I’m just so confused why there was not a better search/investigation of him and the property way back when :-(
    My heart aches for Zoe’s mother so much. I know this isn’t the outcome she hoped and prayed for but my wish for her now is to find some sort of peace (if that’s possible) and fight for this mans convition of what he did to her baby. R.I.P. Zoe

Kimster likes this.
  6. Kimster

I know it! Did they not take it seriously for some reason? Or are the search procedures so complicated in that state, as they are here in Oregon, that detectives are afraid to get a warrant?

Tammy likes this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Rodriquez enters not guilty plea in Zoe Campos murder

The man accused of murdering 18-year-old Zoe Campos in November 2013 has entered a not guilty plea in court.

That plea comes despite 25-year-old Carlos Rodriquez' confession to police about how and why he killed the teen.

Rodriquez entered his plea Monday, Jan. 14 in Lubbock’s 140th Judicial District Court.

http://www.kcbd.com/2019/01/18/rodriquez-enters-not-guilty-plea-zoe-campos-murder/

Kimster likes this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Carlos Rodriquez sends hand written letter detailing Zoe Campos’ murder

In a letter addressed “dear people,” Carlos Rodriquez admits he killed Zoe Campos in 2013.

Rodriguez said, “after five years of fear, guilt and shame I can finally make peace with myself and God. I want the people in my community and on social media to know not just part of the truth, but the whole truth.”

He begins at November 17, 2013 when he first met Zoe. He goes on to explain his initial attraction and desire to get to know her.

He walks through how he invited her to his house, his excitement when she arrived. How she followed him to his bedroom, and how one thing led to another and they had sexual relations.

He goes on to tell how he and Zoe smoked cigarillos containing K-2 synthetic marijuana.

Rodriquez said he was losing track of time and spacing out, hallucinating that Zoe was a demon. It was then he choked her from behind and killed her.

In his letter, Rodriquez said his intentions were to meet Zoe and have a good time. He wanted to see if they could be friends or more.

“I’m not a murderer,” Rodriquez said. “I simply committed a reckless act five years ago that ended tragic.”

https://www.kcbd.com/2019/07/11/car...d-written-letter-detailing-zoe-campos-murder/

Tammy likes this.
  9. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

:-( I’m sorry some may disagree, but he is a murder in my opinion, he was old enough at the time this happen to know the possible effect from smoking the K-2....no one forced it upon him against his will He chose to smoke it and the consequence of his choice ended in him not only committing murder but then hiding it for 5 years and letting her family suffer.....I hope he pays with his own life!