TX AUDRII CUNNINGHAM: Missing from Livingston, TX - 15 Feb 2024 - Age 11 *Found Deceased*

1708119518965.png1708119486342.png1708119500636.png

Amber Alert triggered for 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham, who may have been abducted, Texas DPS says​

Texas authorities are working on an active investigation for a missing 11-year-old girl from Livingston.

According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, Audrii Cunningham was last seen at about 7 a.m. on Feb. 15 in the 100 block of Lakeside Drive in Polk County.

Her family first reported Audrii missing at about 5:30 p.m. Thursday when she didn't arrive home on the school bus. The investigation then discovered that Audrii never got on the school bus that morning.

According to Lt. Craig Cummings with Texas DPS, investigators are actively talking with persons of interest in the case. They have search boats in the area and are bringing in dogs and additional equipment.

In a press conference on Friday afternoon, Lt. Cummings described the situation as an "all-hands-on-deck investigation." The FBI is assisting the Texas Rangers, the Polk County and San Jacinto County sheriff's offices.

DPS refused to give any further specifics about how Audrii may have vanished. They are talking with persons of interest. Audrii's family is said to be fully cooperating with authorities.

"The focus right now is on bringing Audrii home," Lt. Cummings said.

Adding that "no tip is too small," authorities urge anyone who may have seen Audrii to contact the Polk County Sheriff's Office at 936-327-6810.

Media - AUDRII CUNNINGHAM: Missing from Livingston, TX - 15 Feb 2024 - Age 11

Last edited:

Person of interest in disappearance of Audrii Cunningham arrested on unrelated charge; search continues​

Authorities said a person of interest in the disappearance of 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham was arrested Friday on an unrelated charge.

At a press conference Saturday, Lt. Craig Cummings with the Texas Department of Public Safety said Don Steven McDougal, 42, was arrested Friday on an unrelated aggravated assault charge. Cummings said McDougal is a person of interest in Audrii’s disappearance.

Cummings said investigators searched several locations overnight, but did not find Audrii.

Authorities are asking anyone who may have seen a 2003 dark blue Chevrolet Suburban on Thursday or Friday to contact the Polk County Sheriff’s Office. Cummings said the vehicle belongs to McDougal and that they have control of it, but they want to hear from anyone who may have seen it.

Cummings said investigators did find a backpack near the Lake Livingston dam Friday which they said was consistent with belonging to a child. Other items were also found, according to Cummings, but authorities are not revealing what those items were at this time.

Cummings said based on the evidence they currently have, they believe foul play may be a factor in Audrii’s disappearance.

In addition, Cummings said Polk County Crime Stoppers is offering a $7,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the person responsible for Audrii’s disappearance.

Audrii Cunningham latest: Here's what we know about Don Steven McDougal​

McDougal was arrested and booked into the Polk County Jail late Friday night on unrelated aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charges.

Records show McDougal has a lengthy criminal history dating back to 2001.

In 2007, he was convicted of enticing a minor with intent out of Brazoria County.

Audrii Cunningham latest: Here's what we know about Don Steven McDougal​

McDougal was arrested and booked into the Polk County Jail late Friday night on unrelated aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charges.

Records show McDougal has a lengthy criminal history dating back to 2001.

In 2007, he was convicted of enticing a minor with intent out of Brazoria County.
Where did he come from? And why did her dad trust him?

I don't do FB or most SM and so was at a disadvantage opposed to those that know the rumors and hearsay. I did run across this this morning and watch it and while she is not a regular go to of mine, she does take such and and dial into the key parts like messaiging between mom and the POI mainly and not all the speculation or comments to such and so for anyone else who doesn't do FB, and to those who know what FB says and so on, I am guessing this covers the main gist of it all without having to read all comments to it and so on. If anyone chooses to they can let me know if she covered the sound parts of it all.

I'm only dropping it and running, no time for messages and posts for the next several days most likely.

I almost didn't read this one and generally I do all such but thinking about starting no new cases.

However, she is a child that needs prayer and I resisted looking at it but couldn't do it any longer.

It doesn't sound good but I am praying, hoping, crossing fingers, that she's okay. I find it sadly doubtful though.

This video is from a day or few ago and so now it is known backpack etc. has been confirmed but I take the rest of it to be what is known on FB etc. shared that led up to her disappearance.

Apparently she has it on not share and hae to link to there to watch.

Have a good one everyone, hoping I come home to a miracle and good news in this one but not feeling it.

Okay one more. More recent one, 16 hours ago with the claimed rumored "confession" . Again most probably already know all of this but for those that don't want a synopsis of the case cutting throught SM crap, I'd say these do it.

Authorities continue search for missing 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham in Lake Livingston​

The search for 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham enters day four as investigators scavenge Lake Livingston on Sunday.

'Hurting the family' | Audrii Cunningham's family asks for social media speculation to stop after holding vigil for missing girl​

Community members gathered for a prayer vigil Sunday as the search for Audrii Cunningham, the missing 11-year-old girl at the center of an AMBER Alert, continued.

The vigil will took place at the VFW Post in Polk County at noon.

"Audrii loves the VFW and has spent many days making us laugh and learning to dance," the VFW said in a Facebook post. "Our hearts are breaking We love you sweet girl."
After the vigil, a representative for the family spoke to media and asked people on social media not to speculate on the search.

"I realize that everybody's talking a bunch of stuff on Facebook and stuff like that. I'm going to ask that if you don't know anything, don't say anything. All you're doing is hurting the family," said Chris Boothe, who spoke on behalf of the family. "You don't know what they're going through. You don't know the circumstances. I do know Audrii is loved, I know Audrii is cared for."

Boothe asked that if people know anything to keep submitting tips to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

"We want her home," he said. "This is a tragic incident."

Still no signs of missing 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham on third day of search​

For the third straight day, crews combed through land and water looking for any signs of 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham.

The girl from Livingston went missing on Thursday after her family says she never made it on the school bus.

It was another long and exhausting day for investigators and dozens of search volunteers, battling both the bitter cold and the sheer volume of land and water they needed to cover.

Yet again, they came up empty handed.

“Audrii is missed. We want her home,” said Chris Boothe.

The leader of Texas Equusearch told KPRC 2′s Gage Goulding that it was another long day with no results and they are all frustrated.

As the search draws on, questions continue to pile up. The Texas Department of Public Safety has not provided any updates in more than 24 hours, yet still holding McDougal in custody on an unrelated charge.

Despite asking questions time and time again, investigators are only saying they don’t have any significant updates.

“I know Audrii loved her grandmother, her father, her brother and family,” Boothe said. “We want Audrii home.”

Detectives are still asking anyone who may have seen McDougal’s blue 2003 Chevrolet Suburban to give them a call.

They have the SUV and McDougal, but knowing where he was might lead them to where Audrii is.

Audrii Cunningham update: Trinity River boat ramp off I-69 closed as search continues​

The search for missing 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham, the girl at the center of an AMBER Alert that was issued last week, is resuming in Livingston.

Monday marks Day 5 of the search after Audrii was last seen Thursday morning. Search efforts were initially focused on a southern area of Lake Livingston on Friday and Texas EquuSearch was seen looking for her in an area near 59 and the Trinity River on Saturday.

Polk County Sheriff’s Department said the Trinity River boat ramp off I-69 will be closed Monday as the search continues.

TIMELINE: What we know about ‘person of interest’ in case of missing 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham​

THURSDAY, FEB. 15 - APPROXIMATELY 7:00 A.M.

Cunningham did not get on her school bus.

THURSDAY, FEB. 15 - APPROXIMATELY 9:00 A.M.

A store clerk at the Exxon in Coldspring says she saw McDougal at her gas station. She remembers his face. She told KPRC 2 reporter Gage Goulding she reported it to police after the Amber Alert was issued.

“I can’t remember what he bought,” the clerk said. “It might have been some change for gas, or maybe a couple of beers. I didn’t know I was supposed to remember, and I do know he was here, because he’s so ugly. It’s a face you don’t forget.”

The clerk said soon as she saw McDougal’s face on social media on Friday, she called police. Police went to the store within 15 minutes to look at the surveillance video.

THURSDAY, FEB. 15 - 5:30 P.M.

DPS says at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Cunningham’s family reported her missing.

THURSDAY, FEB. 15 - 9:38 P.M.

A statewide Amber Alert was issued from Audrii Cunningham from Livingston, TX.

THURSDAY, FEB. 15 - EVENING

A Facebook account linked to McDougal posted items for sale on the Marketplace. It was listed as “all must go.” Items included parts to an HVAC system, a set of weights, and an Everlast punching bag.

FRIDAY, FEB. 16 - 3:00 A.M.

Early Friday morning, at 3:00 a.m. the account linked to McDougal messaged a KPRC 2 producer about the Facebook ad. There was no further correspondence.

FRIDAY, FEB. 16 - APPROXIMATELY 9:00 A.M.

A resident spotted McDougal outside some shops in downtown Livingston. He was seen standing in front of his blue SUV Suburban. Police approached McDougal and questioned him.

FRIDAY, FEB. 16 - 6:30 P.M.

According to records with the Polk County jail, McDougal was arrested on unrelated charges.

FRIDAY, FEB. 16 - 11:50 P.M.

According to records with the Polk County Jail, McDougal was booked into the jail at 11:50 p.m.

During a news conference, Lt. Craig Cummings with the Texas Department of Public Safety said McDougal, 42, was arrested on an aggravated assault charge.

McDougal has a long criminal record with more than a dozen convictions, including attempted indecency with a child and enticing a child.

Authorities are asking anyone who might have seen the 2003 dark blue Chevrolet Suburban on Thursday or Friday to contact the Polk County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies have the vehicle in their possession, but they need help identifying additional locations where it was traveling.

Cummings said the vehicle belongs to McDougal, and they want to hear from anyone who may have seen it.

In addition, Cummings said Polk County Crime Stoppers is offering a $7,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the person responsible for Audrii’s disappearance.

TIMELINE: What we know about ‘person of interest’ in case of missing 11-year-old Audrii Cunningham​

THURSDAY, FEB. 15 - APPROXIMATELY 7:00 A.M.

Cunningham did not get on her school bus.

THURSDAY, FEB. 15 - APPROXIMATELY 9:00 A.M.

A store clerk at the Exxon in Coldspring says she saw McDougal at her gas station. She remembers his face. She told KPRC 2 reporter Gage Goulding she reported it to police after the Amber Alert was issued.

“I can’t remember what he bought,” the clerk said. “It might have been some change for gas, or maybe a couple of beers. I didn’t know I was supposed to remember, and I do know he was here, because he’s so ugly. It’s a face you don’t forget.”

The clerk said soon as she saw McDougal’s face on social media on Friday, she called police. Police went to the store within 15 minutes to look at the surveillance video.

THURSDAY, FEB. 15 - 5:30 P.M.

DPS says at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Cunningham’s family reported her missing.

THURSDAY, FEB. 15 - 9:38 P.M.

A statewide Amber Alert was issued from Audrii Cunningham from Livingston, TX.

THURSDAY, FEB. 15 - EVENING

A Facebook account linked to McDougal posted items for sale on the Marketplace. It was listed as “all must go.” Items included parts to an HVAC system, a set of weights, and an Everlast punching bag.

FRIDAY, FEB. 16 - 3:00 A.M.

Early Friday morning, at 3:00 a.m. the account linked to McDougal messaged a KPRC 2 producer about the Facebook ad. There was no further correspondence.

FRIDAY, FEB. 16 - APPROXIMATELY 9:00 A.M.

A resident spotted McDougal outside some shops in downtown Livingston. He was seen standing in front of his blue SUV Suburban. Police approached McDougal and questioned him.

FRIDAY, FEB. 16 - 6:30 P.M.

According to records with the Polk County jail, McDougal was arrested on unrelated charges.

FRIDAY, FEB. 16 - 11:50 P.M.

According to records with the Polk County Jail, McDougal was booked into the jail at 11:50 p.m.

During a news conference, Lt. Craig Cummings with the Texas Department of Public Safety said McDougal, 42, was arrested on an aggravated assault charge.

McDougal has a long criminal record with more than a dozen convictions, including attempted indecency with a child and enticing a child.

Authorities are asking anyone who might have seen the 2003 dark blue Chevrolet Suburban on Thursday or Friday to contact the Polk County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies have the vehicle in their possession, but they need help identifying additional locations where it was traveling.

Cummings said the vehicle belongs to McDougal, and they want to hear from anyone who may have seen it.

I'm not gonna ask why her father/grandmother thought she was safer around this loser than her mother.

Audrii Cunningham latest: Person of interest lives in camper behind family's home, admitted leaving with her, investigators say​

The search for Audrii Cunningham entered its fifth day on Monday.

As law enforcement continued its search efforts, they announced an increased reward of $10,000 for information leading to the whereabouts of the 11-year-old who went missing Thursday at about 6:45 a.m.

On Monday, we learned the main person of interest in Audrii's disappearance -- identified as Don Steven McDougal, 42 -- is not fully cooperating with investigators, but they said they strongly believe he was the last person to see her. He admitted to leaving the house Thursday morning with Audrii but is not saying if she made it to the bus stop, Polk County Sheriff Byron Lyons said. The sheriff said there have been some occasions where McDougal has worked with investigators and taken them to certain locations, but he hasn't confessed to anything.

We also learned Monday that McDougal, who Lyons said is a friend of the family, lives in a camper behind Audrii's family home. Lyons said he would occasionally take Audrii to the bus stop or even drive her to school if she missed the bus.

McDougal was arrested and booked into the Polk County Jail late Friday night on an unrelated aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge. He has not been charged in Audrii's disappearance.

"Yes, he may have been the last person with her, and yes she is missing at this time, but we want to make for sure that whatever evidence that we collected and placed on an affidavit today will hold up in court later," said Lyons. "It does us no good to prematurely charge him now and it gets thrown out of court because we were moving too fast. So please, understand, as we move carefully through this because Audrii deserves this. She deserves us taking our time."

McDougal's vehicle, a dark blue Chevrolet Suburban, is in police custody.

Lt. Craig Cummings, with Texas DPS, said video from the public showing McDougal's vehicle on the road has been helpful for investigators to be able to track his whereabouts since Audrii's disappearance.

On Monday, Cummings asked the public to check their cameras for any video taken on Thursday between 5:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. on FM 3126 in Livingston, Texas.

"We're trying to piece together a timeline of where he's been and the travel that he took. The roadways that he took," Lyons said. "So this area is just one that's in particular that we can say they we know that he was in."

Audrii Cunningham latest: Person of interest lives in camper behind family's home, admitted leaving with her, investigators say​

The search for Audrii Cunningham entered its fifth day on Monday.

As law enforcement continued its search efforts, they announced an increased reward of $10,000 for information leading to the whereabouts of the 11-year-old who went missing Thursday at about 6:45 a.m.

On Monday, we learned the main person of interest in Audrii's disappearance -- identified as Don Steven McDougal, 42 -- is not fully cooperating with investigators, but they said they strongly believe he was the last person to see her. He admitted to leaving the house Thursday morning with Audrii but is not saying if she made it to the bus stop, Polk County Sheriff Byron Lyons said. The sheriff said there have been some occasions where McDougal has worked with investigators and taken them to certain locations, but he hasn't confessed to anything.

We also learned Monday that McDougal, who Lyons said is a friend of the family, lives in a camper behind Audrii's family home. Lyons said he would occasionally take Audrii to the bus stop or even drive her to school if she missed the bus.

McDougal was arrested and booked into the Polk County Jail late Friday night on an unrelated aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge. He has not been charged in Audrii's disappearance.

"Yes, he may have been the last person with her, and yes she is missing at this time, but we want to make for sure that whatever evidence that we collected and placed on an affidavit today will hold up in court later," said Lyons. "It does us no good to prematurely charge him now and it gets thrown out of court because we were moving too fast. So please, understand, as we move carefully through this because Audrii deserves this. She deserves us taking our time."

McDougal's vehicle, a dark blue Chevrolet Suburban, is in police custody.

Lt. Craig Cummings, with Texas DPS, said video from the public showing McDougal's vehicle on the road has been helpful for investigators to be able to track his whereabouts since Audrii's disappearance.

On Monday, Cummings asked the public to check their cameras for any video taken on Thursday between 5:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. on FM 3126 in Livingston, Texas.

"We're trying to piece together a timeline of where he's been and the travel that he took. The roadways that he took," Lyons said. "So this area is just one that's in particular that we can say they we know that he was in."
I just got done watching this presser on YouTube and I have to say the sheriff sure does give out a lot more information than in some other cases we follow.

Investigators in Audrii Cunningham’s disappearance have zeroed in on a person of interest who has spent time in prison for enticing a child, a third degree felony, after being indicted by a Brazoria County grand jury for attempted indecency with a child.

McDougal, who has a lengthy criminal history, was previously convicted of enticing a child in Brazoria County, records obtained by KPRC 2 show.

In March 2007, McDougal allegedly attempted to engage in sexual contact with a girl under the age of 17.

According to a grand jury indictment, McDougal removed another female from the bed where the victim was sleeping before he got in the bed with the victim and “(pulled) her pajama bottoms and panties down.”

A Brazoria County grand jury indicted him in July 2007 and his bond was set at $25,000 at the time.

More than a year later, in September 2008, records show he pled guilty to enticing a child, a third degree felony in Texas.

McDougal was sentenced to two years in Texas Department of Criminal Justice custody and given credit for 527 days, according to court documents.

He was not required to register as a sex offender, a spokesperson for the Texas Department of Public Safety said at a press conference on Monday afternoon.

So he was indicted by a grand jury for attempted indecency with a child. First link/snippet.
He ended up pleading to enticing a child. Second link/snippet. - This charge mentions nothing about attempted sexual contact and he didn't have to register.

(a) A person commits an offense if, with a child younger than 17 years of age, whether the child is of the same or opposite sex and regardless of whether the person knows the age of the child at the time of the offense, the person:(1) engages in sexual contact with the child or causes the child to engage in sexual contact; or(2) with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person:(A) exposes the person's anus or any part of the person's genitals, knowing the child is present; or(B) causes the child to expose the child's anus or any part of the child's genitals.(b) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that the actor:(1) was not more than three years older than the victim and of the opposite sex;(2) did not use duress, force, or a threat against the victim at the time of the offense; and(3) at the time of the offense:(A) was not required under Chapter 62, Code of Criminal Procedure, to register for life as a sex offender; or(B) was not a person who under Chapter 62 had a reportable conviction or adjudication for an offense under this section.(b-1) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that the actor was the spouse of the child at the time of the offense.(c) In this section, "sexual contact" means the following acts, if committed with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person:(1) any touching by a person, including touching through clothing, of the anus, breast, or any part of the genitals of a child; or(2) any touching of any part of the body of a child, including touching through clothing, with the anus, breast, or any part of the genitals of a person.(d) An offense under Subsection (a)(1) is a felony of the second degree and an offense under Subsection (a)(2) is a felony of the third degree.

Sec. 25.04. ENTICING A CHILD. (a) A person commits an offense if, with the intent to interfere with the lawful custody of a child younger than 18 years, he knowingly entices, persuades, or takes the child from the custody of the parent or guardian or person standing in the stead of the parent or guardian of such child.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor, unless it is shown on the trial of the offense that the actor intended to commit a felony against the child, in which event an offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clamcasezeu
Back
Top Bottom