LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I said all along MW unlicensed lawyer was working for them, it was a no brainer. And it seems like that is what is now being said. Whether it can be proven or not, I've also said this was intentional and the head/s of it all were part of it. The defense. They put it a few steps away from selves to protect selves. I'll never catch up here on posts or on Murdaught probably but I know the news on both. And watched the full Murdaugh thing and have a lot to say but no time of course. By the time I do, it will be new news and that will be old news.

This news is not one bit of surprise to me, I've been waiting for it. I'm not trying to be right, I AM saying about TIME what was obvious starts to come out. Buying that whole buddy/former emploiyee stopping by thing was beyond me why anyone bought it or the rest claimed and I am glad it is now coming out what was so obvious.

Interesting they'd consult with someone who failed the bar. Who needs who here? Well, they need the dirty in between players to keep them looking clean don't they...

I'm waiting to hear who really drafted most of the FM....

Anyhow, all I have time for, just to touch on the new news. This channel, trail, group was planned and has been in existence and it actually explains a LOT more than just the recent leak.

No way do two supposedly intelligent attorneys have no clue of this or the smarts to figure it out if they didn't long before with leaks of file info.

What is being said now WAS OBVIOUS and so is the rest of it, they KNEW and were actually the top of the chain.

I'd also take a moment to stop and realize LE and some knew this when they were filing their whole immediate blizzard and they themselves knew it when they did so. I mean all the SC stuff and mroe.

Stop and let the flakes settle. Said it back when. See beyond the storm they want to distract everyone with. Or whatever new one they throw when their sh*t is about to become know or risk is there.

I feel sorry right now for RA. Big time. BUT I did before, I truly think his best interests are not served by these two.. They are right up there with Becky Hill but WORSE by far. The fame I guess. The celebrity. The win at all dirty costs. It isn't about their client. Never has been.

I'd also consider this. They knew this was coming or would be at some point. They halted everything pretty much with the ISC storm they created because they KNOW what was done and what LE knew or should know and what was coming.

All about Gull recusing herself. Laugh my arse off. They need to leave with their tail between their legs.

I guess right now they can't tie them but no one can be that stupid as to not see it. Can they?

Or so just like believing they are just trusting dummies who can't secure a conference room from a friend that wanders in, now we are to believe they "employed" someone they were giving photos and info to and had no clue over a long period of time the leaks were coming from there... Oh duh.

Which is it? They are brilliant attorneys or clueless naive waifs?

I said all along MW unlicensed lawyer was working for them, it was a no brainer. And it seems like that is what is now being said. Whether it can be proven or not, I've also said this was intentional and the head/s of it all were part of it. The defense. They put it a few steps away from selves to protect selves. I'll never catch up here on posts or on Murdaught probably but I know the news on both. And watched the full Murdaugh thing and have a lot to say but no time of course. By the time I do, it will be new news and that will be old news.

This news is not one bit of surprise to me, I've been waiting for it. I'm not trying to be right, I AM saying about TIME what was obvious starts to come out. Buying that whole buddy/former emploiyee stopping by thing was beyond me why anyone bought it or the rest claimed and I am glad it is now coming out what was so obvious.

Interesting they'd consult with someone who failed the bar. Who needs who here? Well, they need the dirty in between players to keep them looking clean don't they...

I'm waiting to hear who really drafted most of the FM....

Anyhow, all I have time for, just to touch on the new news. This channel, trail, group was planned and has been in existence and it actually explains a LOT more than just the recent leak.

No way do two supposedly intelligent attorneys have no clue of this or the smarts to figure it out if they didn't long before with leaks of file info.

What is being said now WAS OBVIOUS and so is the rest of it, they KNEW and were actually the top of the chain.

I'd also take a moment to stop and realize LE and some knew this when they were filing their whole immediate blizzard and they themselves knew it when they did so. I mean all the SC stuff and mroe.

Stop and let the flakes settle. Said it back when. See beyond the storm they want to distract everyone with. Or whatever new one they throw when their sh*t is about to become know or risk is there.

I feel sorry right now for RA. Big time. BUT I did before, I truly think his best interests are not served by these two.. They are right up there with Becky Hill but WORSE by far. The fame I guess. The celebrity. The win at all dirty costs. It isn't about their client. Never has been.

I'd also consider this. They knew this was coming or would be at some point. They halted everything pretty much with the ISC storm they created because they KNOW what was done and what LE knew or should know and what was coming.

All about Gull recusing herself. Laugh my arse off. They need to leave with their tail between their legs.

I guess right now they can't tie them but no one can be that stupid as to not see it. Can they?

Or so just like believing they are just trusting dummies who can't secure a conference room from a friend that wanders in, now we are to believe they "employed" someone they were giving photos and info to and had no clue over a long period of time the leaks were coming from there... Oh duh.

Which is it? They are brilliant attorneys or clueless naive waifs?
Clueless naive waifs LOL. Agree with all you say. I am just waiting for the author of the F memo to finally be revealed as who we thought all along. How can you steal or convert side by side photos that you already had? Or that you had already created yourself?

The Fox59 articles weren't available to me in the UK so I found this one too.

DELPHI, Ind. — Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland filed a motion late Monday asking that the attorneys for Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen be held in contempt of court.

McLeland's eight-page motion is the latest in a series of 15 months of legal punches and counterpunches. In Monday's motion, McLeland asks for a hearing to force Allen's attorneys, Brad Rozzi and Andrew Baldwin, to show why they should not be held in contempt for their alleged repeated violation of the court's gag order.

Allen was arrested Oct. 26, 2022, on suspicion of killing teenagers Libby German and Abby Williams on Feb. 13, 2017. He was charged Oct. 28, 2022 with two counts of murder in the commission of kidnapping. Earlier this month, McLeland filed two additional counts of murder and two counts of kidnapping against Allen.

Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland speaks during a press conference addressing updates regarding the investigation of the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German, Monday, Monday, Oct. 31, 2022, at Delphi United Methodist Church in Delphi, Ind.

Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland speaks during a press conference addressing updates regarding the investigation of the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German, Monday, … Show more
ALEX MARTIN/JOURNAL AND COURIER
Allen's attorneys have been chided by Special Judge Frances Gull and dismissed over Allen's objections from the case on Oct. 31, 2023, as she publicly described Rozzi and Baldwin as grossly incompetent and grossly negligent. But the Indiana Supreme Court overruled Gull's decision after a Jan. 18 hearing and ordered Rozzi and Baldwin reinstated.

What followed in the 11 days since that Supreme Court hearing has been a string of allegations from Allen's defense and the prosecutor, as well as a court order denying two defense motions without a hearing.

McLeland's motion for contempt cited crime scene photos leaked by Baldwin's trusted friend who made copies of the images while visiting Baldwin's office last fall.

"... Defense Counsel Rozzi accepts responsibility for a lapse in security that caused the photos to be leaked. Admitting to this court that they are in indirect contempt of the Court's Order," McLeland wrote in the state's motion for contempt.

McLeland cited several statements made by Rozzi and Baldwin, starting Dec. 1, 2022 with a news release that was published before a formal gag order was in place. However, Rozzi and Baldwin earlier assured Gull and McLeland that a gag order was not necessary since they would not make such statements.

Gull issued a gag order on Dec. 2, 2022.

71383500007-judge-gull-oct-19-hearing.JPG

Judge Frances Gull speaks at the Oct. 19 hearing of accused Delphi killer Richard Allen.
ENOS, JANE
McLeland accused the defense of other breaches of the gag order by releasing information to people not associated with the case, which then showed up on YouTube broadcasts.

McLeland accused Rozzi and Baldwin of publishing information and photos in the defense's 136-page memorandum in support of a hearing to vet law enforcement officers' truthfulness in obtaining a search warrant of Allen's house. This Sept. 18 memorandum contained graphic descriptions of the crime scene as it detailed the defense's position that police withheld information to get the search warrant.

Four days after the Indiana Supreme Court ruled against Gull and ordered Rozzi and Baldwin reinstated as Allen's attorneys, Gull published an order denying the requested hearing and a motion to suppress evidence found in the search — a point made Monday by Rozzi and Baldwin in the motion to have Gull recuse herself from the case.

"The State asks the Court to issue a Rule to Show Cause Order based on this information and set this matter for a Hearing and Order Attorneys Brad Rozzi and Andrew Baldwin to appear and show cause, if there be any, why they should not be held in contempt of this Court," the motion concludes.

As of Tuesday afternoon, Gull has not published an order for a hearing date.

There's some stuff in that contempt motion I'm kind of wondering about.
I'm mulling this over referencing my remark above.

A special prosecutor was appointed in the Mitch Westerman case. Here's what I would like to know: why does McClelland have screenshots of text conversations from Baldwin? It isn’t like he's the Westerman prosecutor.

Comment disclosing special prosecutor at link.

Last edited:

A special prosecutor was appointed in the Mitch Westerman case. Here's what I would like to know: why does McClelland have screenshots of text conversations from Baldwin? It isn’t like he's the Westerman prosecutor.

JMHO and quick recall b/c no time - but I'll reference where this info we've already seen came from:

IIRC, Murder Sheet called Holeman and arranged for MRC to confess to ISC's Holeman (that he obtained crime scene photos and distributed them to various youtubers, and others). (from: MS episodes on MRC and leaks)

Gull told McL (in an email) to arrange for an immediate leaks investigation. (from: see the exhibit papers submitted to SCOIN by RA) and McL said he was in touch with ISC's Holeman. Holeman is an LE-investigation witness in the RA case and led the initial leaks investigation (those first interviews w/ Westerman, Forten, MRC).

At some point before Westerman's arrest, the investigation had been transferred out of Carroll County (Holeman's jursidiction) to Westerman's county and we saw charges come out of that other county. (was it Johnson Co maybe?) (from Westerman case filings and obvious change from Carroll County)

IMO, neither McL nor Holeman could involve themselves in investigating a matter involving the trial they were prosecuting (or a witness in). But, initially, it appears that is what happened. We don't know at what point the investigation was transferred away from the team involved in the Allen trial.

We'll probably see more arguing about those serious ethical mis-steps by McL and possibly witness Holman; perhaps we'll learn more about how many mis-steps went forward before the Westerman matter transferred out from under the supervision of parties to the Allen trial.

McL's contempt motion was super-vague on all of the above - sources and dates. Of course all Westerman matter discovery is under seal.

JMHO

Last edited:
To be fair, I've probably got some mullings regarding the defense motions, too. Lol.

Like I said, 3 ring circus IMO.

Unfortunately, it may result in Libby and Abby not getting justice beyond a reasonable doubt.

Where are the texts shown that you are talking about? Are they in this link?

I can't seem to get into it. This is the message I get LOL.

"checking to see if you have a secure connection......"

And it just hangs.

Last edited:
Where are the texts shown that you are talking about? Are they in this link?

I can't seem to get into it. This is the message I get LOL.

"checking to see if you have a secure connection......"

And it just hangs.
No, they're in the contempt motion. Let me see if I can get you a screenshot.

To be fair, I've probably got some mullings regarding the defense motions, too. Lol.

Like I said, 3 ring circus IMO.

Unfortunately, it may result in Libby and Abby not getting justice beyond a reasonable doubt.
I think all these podcasters and lawyers giving their 10 cents are damaging the chances of a fair trial. It wouldn't be allowed in the UK. No evidence can be discussed at all as it is all sub judice.

Youre right that it is a circus. Things have to change IMO. The guy who received the images was in Texas wasnt he and then he sent them to the MS who I think are in another state. Isn't that a federal crime?

It has to stop. If they have locked down the Westerman trial, that's what should happen with the Delphi case too. Once the trial begins it can be reported daily as normal, after the day's business has concluded and the court must control the evidence. Like they did in the Murdaugh trial with the images of the victims.

Last edited:
EXCLUSIVE: Richard Allen’s Former Defense Attorney Doubts He'll Get a Fair Trial | Court TV

(Barb McDonald, court TV, Lebrato)

The (former) NEW D (Gull's homies) are now off the case ... and on Court TV.
Lebrato just had a TV interview expressing support for RA and the Old D's theory and the Old D.
(At the same time, Lebrato supports Gull as Judge.)

8 PM special tonight on Court TV with the fuller Lebrato interview w/ McDonald
IMO this is all sub judice and way out of order. Everyone wants their 5 minutes of fame and nobody seems to care about the victims at all.

I guess with Westerman, maybe they are worried he might top himself like RF did so that's why it's all under seal. The Delphi stuff should be too IMO.

Last edited:
EXCLUSIVE: Richard Allen’s Former Defense Attorney Doubts He'll Get a Fair Trial

from same article - under the court TV video clip. More Lebrato:
“There’s something to the fact that he’s arrested living in that small town that whole time, 24 days before the new sheriff election. That just bothers me somehow, Lebrato said, “I mean, it’s not just coincidence.””
Lebrato agrees with Rozzi and Baldwin that the investigation into the 2017 double murders was flawed and says his team had prepared their own petition for a Frank’s Hearing – alleging there were problems with the information used to obtain the search warrant for Allen’s home.

IMO - "it's not just a coincidence." That's a big swipe there to the LE investigation suggesting politization of the investigation and charging decision ... FWIW.

JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom