LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar - MS interviews MW
April 5th? - RA confesses (5 times in all)
Aug 1st - Oct 5th photos theft (between)
Sept 18th - Frank's memo
Oct 5th - MS notifies LE , prosecution and defence re CS photo leaks
Oct 9th - MW goes to solicitor to confess.
Oct 11th - RF commits suicide
Oct 18th - MW signs affidavit.
Oct 19th - Solicitors stand down.
Jan 18th - SC livestream

Will update as necessary, just mentally getting my head round it all.

So it seems to me that the defense came up with the Frank's memo primarily to challenge the search warrant. I believe the photos were laid out on the table 1 Aug thru 5 Oct) while the F memo was being drafted (finalized Sept 18th) and therefore the thief was able to access them any time between the dates 1 Aug to 5 Oct as MW has stated. He doesn't give the exact date he did this.

Baldwin expressed his anger and disgust at MW's betrayal and behavior several times on various records made w/ Gull's court.

Retrospectively, the leak was a slow leak, sort of a roll-out. The crime scene photos w/ victims bodies was the LAST set of the leak. Prior to that the tree photo w/ runes was leaked. Also some Franks Motion theory was believed to have been leaked. Ostensibly, all those leaks came from stuff stolen by Westerman ... and we'll likely not have all clarity without having the MWesterman/leaks investigative info ... (So maybe never?)

Initially, LE investigators knew of the leak prior to knowing the source of the leak. Likewise, Baldwin (along with McL and the Court) knew of the leak but at first had no idea the leak was from his office, let alone his trusted colleague MW.

When Murder Sheet AND their source "Mark" notified LE investigator, LE began to learn more. LE investigator immediately notified McL.

Of the members of the Court, McLeland had the leak SOURCE info first (from LE) - and then McL withheld this information from the Court and the Defense for more than 30+hours (per the exhibits at the Supreme Court). McL papers indicated both McL and LE were overnight working/developing the facts on the leak) - had little sleep - while McL was delaying notice to Court and Defense.

(Murder Sheet was slower to notify Baldwin - as an afterthought. MS reached out to Baldwin (I believe within 48 hours of MS having notified LE).

IIRC, (it's filed in the SC court papers) Baldwin realized the LEAK originated from HIS own office and his own colleague when McL told him so.

I recall that prior to confirming MW as leak source ... LE investigators told Murder Sheet (voluntary witnesses) that LE had been concerned that LE was the source of the leak.

IIRC, Westerman visited Baldwin and detailed his "theft/conversion" after Baldwin had learned of the leak from McL.
At that visit, Baldwin told MW to cooperate w/ LE investigation and get a lawyer.

All of the above information can be found in the SC 2nd Writ Exhibits.

Here is another more detailed article about the leak and confirms that there were 7 photos leaked, one being the supposed picture of the F rune on the tree. I am wondering if one per week was taken which would explain the dates 1 Aug to Oct 5th for the offence. I do also wonder if they were leaked intentionally to back up the Franks memo which was also released when it should not have been, due to the graphic descriptions of the crime scene.

I think the defence are fully responsible and behind it IMO.

Yes and most of that happened on Oct 5th, I believe. The article I just posted relates it all. However, the MS confirm and emphasize that they contacted LE, the defence and the state.

It was virtually impossible for me to copy it though, due to all the other irrelevant stuff that comes up so best if you click and read the article separately. Here is what I was able to copy anyway.
  • Published: 19:33 ET, Oct 16 2023
  • Updated: 9:14 ET, Oct

PODCASTERS who alerted authorities to a massive leak of crime scene photos from the Delphi murders have called the scandal a "terrible disaster" that will likely cause the victims' families yet more pain and anguish.

Aine Cane and Kevin Greenlee, hosts of The Murder Sheet, received an email on October 5 from a source - identified only as "Mark" - who sent them seven graphic images depicting the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.
"When the sun came up, we reached out to law enforcement to let them know that there had been a catastrophic breach in the case of discovery materials.

"We also contacted the defense and the state because we wanted both sides to have that information, and at that time we didn't know where the breach had come from.

"The person who sent us the photos was not the original leaker [...] eventually we were able to determine the leak came from somebody who is connected to the defense."

Cain and Greenlee declined to share what Allen's attorneys said in their response to the shocking discovery, though Baldwin and Rozzi reportedly acknowledged the leak directly.

RdYcb3hmxO-backlist-nice-material-682f3f-basic.png

For me, the fact that Law Enforcement has investigated and have not found the D to be "responsible" or to be "behind it".

Gull has unilaterally (and without benefit of a hearing) found the D "grossly negligent/incompetent" while naming several events combined as the bar for "grossly" (ending with having the crime scene material stolen from their office). Even Gull and McL have never suggested that the D was in any way "behind" a leak scheme.

Gull is currently under SC scrutiny for her "grossly negligent" findings and subsequent dismissal.

Barb McDonald provided the Tree photo and indicated it came from her contacts (which in the past were largely LE); thus Barb had LE telling Murder Sheet they were concerned that LE had a crime photo leaker in their ranks.

IMO, Westerman may (likely) plead out - thus it's unlikely further info will come from the "LE investigation". IMO, any significant info that leaks investigation found against Baldwin/Rozzi would have been presented by Gull to SC as fact evidence supporting her "decision".

In my view, there are no facts supporting the position that Baldwin/Rozzi orchestrated the leaks, and there is absolutely no benefit to the old D or their client to have those crime scene photos hit the public. (Which also never happened as most podcasters refused to participate.)

The crime is on Westerman.

Baldwin's failure to realize Westerman was capable of such a crime ... I agree ... is on Baldwin. Baldwin's failure to lock his work room and leave materials out where Westerman could walk in and peruse them - I agree ... also on Baldwin.

But this is where the facts end, as does the leak blaming on Baldwin's shoulders.

No blame on Rozzi whatsoever.

I'd like know how Rozzi reacted privately to Baldwin.

I noticed that in the immediate fact-finding moments, Rozzi performed detailed reporting to the Court of the Baldwin/Westerman theft detail, the Westerman disclosure, and Baldwin's follow-up. Later on Baldwin had Hennessy rep him. Which suggests that Rozzi/Baldwin agreed Rozzi should rep himself, and Baldwin should have counsel rep him on the matter in Court (and likely, to LE).

JMHO

I still believe it was a set up job. 7 photos over 7 weeks is just too convenient and at the same time as the Frank's memo came out too. The separation of responsibility between Defense, Conference room security and MW coming and going at will is just not believable IMO. At the minimum it was Gross Negligence and at the worst it was deliberate.

Must not forget also that the Frank's memo was similarly released to the public as well, with no redactions and shocking graphic detail. There is no such thing as a coincidence when there are more than two glaring inconsistencies such as this.
I did a timeline about this when the leak first happened and we also looked into it and I have brought some other posts forward too.
So now there is a change in that MW was working for R&B all along as some of us suspected, right? So what happens now? For those who did not think it was gross negligence then, do you think it is now? Or, like me, do you think it is worse, maybe even perversion of justice?

It these leaks were deliberate, as it is now looking likely, what happens next? Surely the defence cannot continue can they?

So Gull will now let the appeal court decide as I think is what the ISC expected to happen.

Not sure about the destroyed evidence request. I guess there will be a hearing on that. This was immediately after the murders. So the time of the Dulin interview of RA? Importantly they didnt lose Libby's video though.

When will they get on with the actual case rather than all these side issues?
That's a good question. They need to get a move on. I think we both agree justice needs to be served. This has turned into a middle school fight in more ways than one.

It isn't. It was through a search warrant investigating Westerman. There is no reason NM should have that.
I'm just recapping this. We don't know that NM has the actual detail from the iCloud account but the investigator Holeman probably does have it as he was the investigating officer.

They clearly were wrong or RL would have been charged with murder years ago rather than RA just 16 months ago.

No, in America they can only hold you for 48 hours without charging you with a crime. All they had was two people saying it was him and a bunch of calls to the tip line.

The warrant they were able to attain was very limited in scope. It was to see if they could arrest him for breaking parole.

All they had was his cousin telling them he asked him to lie for him.

This is why the arrest of RA is so peculiar. Why would he admit to being there if he did it? The search warrant was questionable.

Agree that it was incompetence from DD. But at that point they were attempting to find out who all the people on the trail were and his name and address got taken down wrong and lost. Why didn't RA contact them again when he saw himself on the bridge and heard his own voice?

We don't know what/whose fingerprints/DNA they have but if they have retrieved items belonging to the girls from his house search, that along with the bullet and Libby's video will be enough evidence IMO.

More than one was involved in the catfish. KK and RA.

Because it wasn't him.

But/if isn't evidence. It's just speculation

No, in America they can only hold you for 48 hours without charging you with a crime. All they had was two people saying it was him and a bunch of calls to the tip line.

The warrant they were able to attain was very limited in scope. It was to see if they could arrest him for breaking parole.

All they had was his cousin telling them he asked him to lie for him.

This is why the arrest of RA is so peculiar. Why would he admit to being there if he did it? The search warrant was questionable.

Because it wasn't him.

But/if isn't evidence. It's just speculation
At that time he didn't know Libby had got him on video. He also knew he was seen by those three girls, so he had to tell them really. Then the BG pic came out. The video was later.

This is bothering me this morning. The Supreme Court usually takes a minimum of 8 weeks (normally longer) to publish their written opinion on a case.

It would be helpful to all sides to see what they say. I feel like this case is imploding from all sides.

I wonder if the justices are observing all this. I really don't think they can involve themselves past muttering under their breath, though.

I watched the video Gbear posted and it is pretty good. I watched it starting at 10 minutes until the end at 30 minutes. Right at the end, he mentions a bullet that RA had kept in a little keepsake box that LE recovered from his house and it matched the bullet from the scene. The bullet at the scene matched his gun. He addressed and listed 10 things that are strong evidence in this case against RA.

I screenshot them and here they are below -

Screenshot_20240208-174342_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240208-174000_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
This is bothering me this morning. The Supreme Court usually takes a minimum of 8 weeks (normally longer) to publish their written opinion on a case.

It would be helpful to all sides to see what they say. I feel like this case is imploding from all sides.

I wonder if the justices are observing all this. I really don't think they can involve themselves past muttering under their breath, though.
Hasn't been 8 weeks yet. Only 20 days ie less than 3 weeks so far. It seems like ages ago.

Stuff from today:

02/08/2024Opinion - Memorandum Received from the Supreme Court

File Stamp:
02/08/2024
02/08/2024Order Issued
Court orders defendant to respond to the State's Motion to Compel Discovery on or before February 21, 2024, or provide the discovery requested.
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ

Order Signed:
02/08/2024
02/08/2024Order Issued
The Court, having taken defendant's Motion to Transfer under advisement, and having reviewed the State's Response to Defense's Motion for Transfer, now denies the Motion to Transfer without hearing.
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ

Order Signed:
02/08/2024
02/08/2024Order Issued
Defendant's Motion to Continue the hearing scheduled for February 12, 2024, reviewed and granted without hearing. Transport order will be cancelled. Hearing reset to March 18, 2024, at 9 a.m. in Allen Superior Court, Fort Wayne, Indiana. Court to notify and Court will reissue the transport order.
Judicial Officer:
Gull, Frances -SJ

Order Signed:
02/08/2024
02/08/2024Hearing Scheduling Activity
Hearing originally scheduled on 02/12/2024 at 9:00 AM was rescheduled to 03/18/2024 at 9:00 AM. Reason: By Request.

At that time he didn't know Libby had got him on video. He also knew he was seen by those three girls, so he had to tell them really. Then the BG pic came out. The video was later.

The girls saw "someone". I believe he said he saw them, but what does that prove? He was there, he already told them twice and nothing about his story changed in five years.

The girls saw "someone". I believe he said he saw them, but what does that prove? He was there, he already told them twice and nothing about his story changed in five years.
He said he saw them near Freedom Bridge. They said they saw him near Freedom bridge. Independently of each other. It proves he is BG as they saw nobody else and neither did he - (except Libby and Abby, which he has now admitted.)

I am staying out of here for the time being because quite honestly I've had my fill of it for some time.

Even so, I came in to drop the news that the written opinion from the ISC is out. I haven't read it nor heard it, I came here immediately on seeing the headline. Have fun reading and discussing, I'll probably do it elsewhere and not here, probably by watching level headed Tom. Lol.

It proves the time he arrived. And the muddy/bloody/fight witness proves when he left. The bullet at the scene matching one at his house proves he was at the crime scene. Libby's video proves it was him kidnapping them. It is very strong evidence plus his confession is on tape too. People have been convicted on much less IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom