LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, well, well. I nearly posted over the top of you lol. Guess she learned her lesson.

I think that's very fair. I said months ago sanctions in the form of a fine would have been acceptable. Instead she decided to force them to resign. We all know how that went with the higher court.

Same facts, same Judge, different decision (not even a fine).

The difference? A hearing was held (where legal claims must be supported by facts/evidence). SMH

JMHO

I just ran thru it really quick selecting a few spots in the thing saw a school friend of L and A reminiscing, Lebrato and didn"t want to watch any more.
I stuck it out. Let it play while I got ready for work fairly hurriedly this morn. Usually I get up with three to four hours to coffee, relax, get ready but not today. Thank God I got up when I did. The brightness of the day outside told me it was later than I thought.

It was a typical made for TV case show. Listening to their friend was okay. I stupidly expected her to be a child but of course she wasn't. What would they be now, 20? Nothing really new and while they had a bit on both sides, it was more defense imo and the stuff I tune out anyhow--like the dumb O thing.

I've wasted worse time I can't get back on reading D filings than watching that show this morning. I just played it more than watched it and multitasked so I want sue them for my time lost. B & R and their filings are another story lol.

Anyhow you didn't miss anything earth shattering.

Re: Defense Contempt Decision:
The Court found not-guilty on Contempt; no sanctions; referred the Defense to a local ethics committee for that committee's review and disciplinary action if any re: BW misfired "email" and MW discovery "leaks". JMO

View attachment 21965
Well, imo no one can call Gull unfair in this one and it is all true imo. And they should be referred to the ethics committee or whatever IN's version is where even a client can do so about their own attorney and so on.

Looks to me as it has been all along imo and as far as I can tell, a fair decision.

What are the Luttrull and Diener notices about? Who and why? Or should I know? Coming off 5th long day and still in work brain mode, feet hurt and shoes are still on :(

There were 5 motion filings to the RA docket yesterday, Tues April 30.
I've read them. Very interesting. :)
(Apologies, I'm out of time to gather and post yesterday's stuff ...)
You may want to check the docket to read them ...

Most curious (IMO) from yesterday's motions is that the pings on Libby's phone on Feb 13 Feb 14 (through the AM up to about 5:45 am) exist in evidence (FBI).
But the Prosecution failed to include in discovery sent to the Defense the Feb 14th ping evidence. It was sent to the D at the end of April 2024.
So the Defense has not had benefit of this evidence; did not know those pings were part of the evidence records.
A 4th Franks followed that reveal.
Also, the D confirms they're bringing SODDI defense ... and Geofencing studies ... to trial.
And the D responds to the P's in Limine from Monday.
And the D motions for a pre-trial hearing, which Gull answered to day by setting a date for that hearing.
There's more... check it out if you wish!

jmho
What keeps you so busy?

Work does here as all know lol.

I'd caution just assuming again all defense claims are truth. They've stated more than once how they find things or finally look through things for the first time even and have things or request them again they already had and so on. I don't think these two went through a thing for months in the beginning or if anything not much, then I think someone did a crash course and quick thing on just the O thing because their failures had caught up with them and their client's confessions and HIS reading evidence they dumped on him. Jmo, don't blow your top lol. I know you won't, just saying it's my very solid opinion for many a reason.

As far as the pings, well, apparently they ended per you at 5:45 so it died? There is much we don't know and need to wait to see. And I'm very interested in all the tech evidence, phones, geofencing and so forth. Some of us just watched or read all the summaries from the Daybell case with an FBI expert on all their phones, locations and so on. And here you reference such existing in evidence with FBI in parens

I'm not surprised a bit Gull scheduled a pretrial hearing on request from the defense. I was surprised she hadn't already had such on the calendar. They are often last minute though in the fluid last weeks IF these even end up being the last weeks and trial actually commences.

was someone looking for this? I finally came across it ...
maybe it wasn't this one but the SW that was being looked for ...

Regardless, you can see the practice of the statement being prepared for the Judge in advance.
Judge can sign or not ...
JMHO

View attachment 21968
Yeah it's not unusual for attorneys to proffer a document for a judge's signature, a blank one BUT the one shown prior never showed one was ever executed with as I said any clerk stamp (here there is) signatures of anyone, etc.). And at times judges tell one side or another to draft an order to submit to judge. Like a final divorce order. A final judgment. It isn't the providing the blank document that is unknown it is presenting one to us here as proof of anything when it wasn't that was at issue, at least for me. Not speaking for others.

That I can't even recall, motion to dismiss? Not long ago that wandered everywhere again and they gave Gull (the D) one to sign was ridiculous but yes they acted all like here to save you time, we drafted one for you stating things no judge ever would nor would sign lol.

So anyhow here it is. Minus NM sign but they probably each have one, that's not all that unusual although they should have followed up and put on the record a full signed version. At least it is judge signed and Clerk stamped as to date and acceptance/entry.

The issue it was about it is long past it was in trying to determine when arrest was made and so forth.

Well, well, well. I nearly posted over the top of you lol. Guess she learned her lesson.

I think that's very fair. I said months ago sanctions in the form of a fine would have been acceptable. Instead she decided to force them to resign. We all know how that went with the higher court.
And in my opinion she has always been fair especially considering what she deals with with these two and their screw ups. She flat out points out sloppiness, negligence and a lot more in this.

She held off forever on providing the prosecution access to RA's mental health records, etc. DESPITE defense constantly bringing up his mental health and using it but not wanting to allow access for prosec to rebut and so on.

I know you think I do it and don't see but you don't see what you do either. We both have opinions but I don't think my glasses are as clouded as yours. Jmo.

This decision surprises me not one bit. The motion for such was a long shot. Yet I guarantee you prosecution knows just as I feel I do and many do that all of what happened was not negligence or accident but intentional and I've said so THROUGHOUT In here. Proving that however is harder. Maybe if we had the "suicided" dead guy talking and maybe if we had an honest nonlying defense attorney or two... Whose stories have varied so badly on who MW even was to them... And widely.

it is also the last thing the case needs right now BUT she did the right thing and sent it off to the RIGHT oversight STATE committee.

She let these "boys" go with a tap on the wrist more than once until they got so bad and what happened was so bad something had to be done. Imo.

She is no one to me. Neither are they. I don't have to like, agree, or disagree or care what happens to any of them.

This decision is absolutely no surprise, it isn't Gull having "learned" anything, that's your opinion. Mine respectfully differs.

It was okay. I wouldn't say they investigated all facts as claimed lol. if I had to choose between reading all of the FM in this case, eating a can of mushroom soup or watching this Court TV thing again and had NO choice, they'd win. It was okay in the way such things are. There certainly was nothing in it that could be used in court or even for someone to form an opinion by who knew nothing of the case or even those that do. Just a typical TV show planned to hit and get views at the right time.

Would I choose that if some time or watching some DAybell trial REAL testimony? The LATTER. ALWAYS.

Oh wow. I am caught up here. Not that I ever got back to all over anything missed each week and so on but for recent days I am. GOOD as off to the live ones like Daybell and cases that don't get the same attentoin and my TOP one Morphew, long without a lot of activity and now there is... Children whose bodies that can't be found and a ton of others.

I've never accessed the IN court site and not going to use my time to do so right now. I know I will get the full recap, yes, from Tom, or see more here perhaps from those that are really good about linking stuff. At least the defense filings... Not so much both sides.

Wink ;) Hopefully this trial will go off (not blow up) but go off on time lol and all shall survive it here maybe not the best of friends all but it is time and I can't wait to have this over for the families, even for RA and all, and all of us even. I can only pray the families get what they need and justice and answers and it isn't a complete MESS of a trial or has a last minute stunt causing a delay. I WAIT as they likely do to hear ALL from the prosecution, the side that does NOT share while the D dumps everything they can to taint and to see all the evidence. Only then honestly will I come to my full final thoughts on it. I await hearing about Rick's work schedule, his wife's interviews and answers about that day, about him, about all. There is sooooo much we don't know. Of course defense wants it all blocked. Naturally.

Gull seems to have surprised some on the contempt, she did not with me.

I only HOPE she surprises as well on coverage of the trial.

If it's true the prosecution just let the defense know that Libby's phone was still pinging at 4:33am and three other phones were in the area at that time with none of them being Allen’s, that's very hinky.

And in my opinion she has always been fair especially considering what she deals with with these two and their screw ups. She flat out points out sloppiness, negligence and a lot more in this.

She held off forever on providing the prosecution access to RA's mental health records, etc. DESPITE defense constantly bringing up his mental health and using it but not wanting to allow access for prosec to rebut and so on.

I know you think I do it and don't see but you don't see what you do either. We both have opinions but I don't think my glasses are as clouded as yours. Jmo.

This decision surprises me not one bit. The motion for such was a long shot. Yet I guarantee you prosecution knows just as I feel I do and many do that all of what happened was not negligence or accident but intentional and I've said so THROUGHOUT In here. Proving that however is harder. Maybe if we had the "suicided" dead guy talking and maybe if we had an honest nonlying defense attorney or two... Whose stories have varied so badly on who MW even was to them... And widely.

it is also the last thing the case needs right now BUT she did the right thing and sent it off to the RIGHT oversight STATE committee.

She let these "boys" go with a tap on the wrist more than once until they got so bad and what happened was so bad something had to be done. Imo.

She is no one to me. Neither are they. I don't have to like, agree, or disagree or care what happens to any of them.

This decision is absolutely no surprise, it isn't Gull having "learned" anything, that's your opinion. Mine respectfully differs.
She was hamstrung by the ISC who had overruled their resignation and reinstalled them anyway. Plus the trial starts in less than two weeks, which also is more important, so i agree with everyone, it is the right decision.

From the WishTv link posted by Ima -

"The Court, having had this matter under advisement following a hearing conducted on March 18, 2024, and having reviewed the evidence admitted at the hearing (the Court did not review any evidence that was offered but not admitted), the arguments of counsel and the briefs and memorandums submitted by Counsel now finds that the State proved by a preponderance of the evidence that defense counsel was
sloppy, negligent, and incompetent in their handling of discovery materials. Counsel failed to properly secure evidence and discovery material in this matter. Counsel negligently allowed their discovery outline to be sent to an individual unrelated to this matter (Brandon Woodhouse) who then disseminated that information to the public. Counsel further allowed their discovery materials to be compromised by Westerman (who, in turn, provided the information to Fortson and Cohen). Counsel has described Westerman both as a criminal and a valued consultant and confidante. Despite this Court’s findings of sloppiness, negligence, and incompetence, the State is required to prove that Counsels’ conduct was willful and intentional beyond a reasonable doubt for the Court to find Counsel in contempt. As the State has not met that burden, the Court declines to find them in contempt of Court for violating the Protective Order issued February 17, 2023, regarding discovery. The State has also alleged that defense counsel violated the “gag order” issued by the Court on December 2, 2022. Defense counsel issued a Press Release on December 1, 2022. The release contained statements that are potentially violative of the Rules of Professional Conduct. As Defense Counsels’ Counsel correctly argues in his post-hearing brief, the gag order was not yet issued. As such, the Court declines to find Counsel in contempt of Court as no Order was in place. To the extent that the Press Release violated the Rules of Professional Responsibility, the Trial Court has no jurisdiction to enforce those Rules. As required by the Rules of Professional Responsibility, the Trial Court will, therefore, send a copy of this Order and the Press Release to the Office of Judicial and Attorney Regulation, Executive Director Adrienne Meiring for that Office to enforce the Rules or determine Counsels’ ethical misconduct.”

Last edited:
If it's true the prosecution just let the defense know that Libby's phone was still pinging at 4:33am and three other phones were in the area at that time with none of them being Allen’s, that's very hinky.
We knew her phone was found with her so I don't see anything hinky here. That's how they got the BG video. RA's phone would have gone more than 12 hours before 4.33 am.

Last edited:
There were 5 motion filings to the RA docket yesterday, Tues April 30.
I've read them. Very interesting. :)
(Apologies, I'm out of time to gather and post yesterday's stuff ...)
You may want to check the docket to read them ...

Most curious (IMO) from yesterday's motions is that the pings on Libby's phone on Feb 13 Feb 14 (through the AM up to about 5:45 am) exist in evidence (FBI).
But the Prosecution failed to include in discovery sent to the Defense the Feb 14th ping evidence. It was sent to the D at the end of April 2024.
So the Defense has not had benefit of this evidence; did not know those pings were part of the evidence records.
A 4th Franks followed that reveal.
Also, the D confirms they're bringing SODDI defense ... and Geofencing studies ... to trial.
And the D responds to the P's in Limine from Monday.
And the D motions for a pre-trial hearing, which Gull answered to day by setting a date for that hearing.
There's more... check it out if you wish!

jmho
Thanks, but I'll wait for trial now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom