LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah he's no fountain of truth most likely. It was interesting listening to Tom question him though and his responses. Imo. No big revelations naturally and denies some things,

I don't sympathize over his attorneys, that may be a lie too and personally I'd not think the prosecution would give him any great deal or had any reason to. I think having CSAM should be a life sentence imo anyhow. Anything involving SA of children should be.

Well the hearings are coming up quite quickly in his one. Those two also only have a couple of months to be ready for trial and they'd darned well better be working on a defense that doesn't count on ALL evidence suppressed. They are going to need to defend him either way.

I am not overly concerned about their new filing either. I doubt they are going to take Gull of the case over the Ding Dong thing lol. I don't think they will interfere in it but who knows. Guess we shall see.
Yep I just checked - July 30 to Aug 1. That is only days away really.

Then in Sept it is MW's Conversion court appearance and Oct is RA's trial.

Last edited:
Yep I just checked - July 30 to Aug 1. That is only days away really.

Then in Sept it is MW's Conversion court appearance and Oct is RA's trial.
Well, expect kinks and panic imo, there always is such when D gets too near to a real thing they need to be prepared for. So this case will be quite busy with hearings, decisions, the MW and trial, etc. very shortly... And if she decides against them which she is bound to do on many a thing because they want "blanket" things kept out like ALL of the things on L's phone and so forth. I also don't see where there's much of a leg to stand on with that other interview NOR of the search warrant. If she denies some or even all, I suspect they will appeal, whine, try again, etc. The P even pointed out what they did not do and that was giving a basis for each and every thing they want excluded at least in some cases and have they come back and done that? Not that I've heard and hearings are now less than two weeks away, about exactly two weeks.

I don't believe for a minute they've prepared a defense for if they CANNOT keep ALL out nor do I believe they are ready to face the evidence when it comes in or make it go away. Imo anyhow. Maybe I'll be surprised. I kind of doubt it.

Well I'll be off two of those three days of hearings. If of course something doesn't come up or I end up having to travel or some such. Probably won't be televised but one would hope they could find some Tweeter like Nate, that isn't going to be disallowed is it? Tom went to attend the last time but then of course all was delayed last minute, maybe he will this time. Not sure he Tweets but sure he'd take good notes and have a lot to share after.

I don't know if there is anything new or Tom is just anticipating such as we near the hearings but here is an upcoming one of his with advance notice as he often does.

Hm. On Mitch Westerman's "mycase" it shows 7/18 with an entry of "PDP". Also a transaction fee of $454.00.

You suppose he had a record expunged so he could enter the pretrial diversion program for this charge?

WTH. I was going to ask waht PDP meant but then you said pretrial diversion program and I figured that's what it means.

Been a long day, and I am sure for others as well. Do you mean he had a previous record....?

I am not exactly not up on legal and courts more than a lot of people out there in the world that have never dealt with such, but this is a bit of a new one to me... He's not a youth, that would be my first thought and was. is it an IN thing?

Seriously asking.

WTH. I was going to ask waht PDP meant but then you said pretrial diversion program and I figured that's what it means.

Been a long day, and I am sure for others as well. Do you mean he had a previous record....?

I am not exactly not up on legal and courts more than a lot of people out there in the world that have never dealt with such, but this is a bit of a new one to me... He's not a youth, that would be my first thought and was. is it an IN thing?

Seriously asking.
I dunno if he did or not. @Tresir has said he had an underage drinking violation expunged based on Reddit. I just can't think of anything else that PDP stands for. I need to see what I can find on the court page about pre trial diversion.

I dunno if he did or not. @Tresir has said he had an underage drinking violation expunged based on Reddit. I just can't think of anything else that PDP stands for. I need to see what I can find on the court page about pre trial diversion.
Interesting. I was just guessing on a minor offense. Was not sure it even meant that.

And so I'm not the only one not following the PDP thing...

And a payment of over $400. Could it be that he could have expunged this through the years and never bothered to clean it up, pay a fee, get the record cleared and just now did so?

Just a guess. Not following nor know what it's about otherwise...

Interesting. I was just guessing on a minor offense. Was not sure it even meant that.

And so I'm not the only one not following the PDP thing...

And a payment of over $400. Could it be that he could have expunged this through the years and never bothered to clean it up, pay a fee, get the record cleared and just now did so?

Just a guess. Not following nor know what it's about otherwise...
No. This is on his actual theft of photos case file. So, this is the only case it can be related to.

It means he made a deal. Are you familiar with pretrial diversion?
No. I am going to be honest and upfront which unfortunately maybe I am too much. I've heard of such I think and like Is aid the first thing I thought of was a juvenile record. Of either something similar or even unrelated.

Payment of just under $500 made me think of paying to get some prior record expunged or fine paid before THIS trial that he maybe never took care of.

Finally, I thought it may be an IN thing, and I sure do not mean that in offense but all our states differ.

And I'm not tracking well and am open to hearing what it means. Seriously. Pretrial diversion. I know what each word means. So something is being diverted lol before trial.

I'm just being upfront and not arguing, I am curious and want to know. We don't always get each other but that's the only way I mean this.

I think he may be getting that drinking record expunged so he has a clean record to show for his upcoming Conversion trial. Perhaps the expungement hasn't finally happened yet. He is probably also hoping for a non custodial sentence or a plea deal on the conversion, perhaps. IMO.

So where is Huntington county and what is the Dec 2022 date?

He also hasn't paid the full fee yet, only $206 part paid yesterday (the 18th) of the full fee of £456.

Last edited:
No. I am going to be honest and upfront which unfortunately maybe I am too much. I've heard of such I think and like Is aid the first thing I thought of was a juvenile record. Of either something similar or even unrelated.

Payment of just under $500 made me think of paying to get some prior record expunged or fine paid before THIS trial that he maybe never took care of.

Finally, I thought it may be an IN thing, and I sure do not mean that in offense but all our states differ.

And I'm not tracking well and am open to hearing what it means. Seriously. Pretrial diversion. I know what each word means. So something is being diverted lol before trial.

I'm just being upfront and not arguing, I am curious and want to know. We don't always get each other but that's the only way I mean this.
I'm just going to concentrate on the misdemeanor charge.

Pretrial diversion is for misdemeanors and maybe a couple of low level felonies. It's based on the premise sometimes people make mistakes and deserve a 2nd chance and a clean slate. The prosecutor can offer pre trial diversion. You pay a higher fee, behave yourself for a year, and the whole thing goes away. If you screw up, you get your charges back. I'm kind of sure they can internally monitor how many pre trial diversions you have used. It isnt like you're allowed one free annual misdemeanor.

Probably 20 years ago my young daughter (at the time) got a speeding ticket in her college town. Being an ex insurance agent, I called the court house and asked if they had pre trial diversion for her ticket. Her record was clean, so I anted up the higher fee. It was cheaper than her surcharged insurance would have been.

Basically, its a legal do over as long as you behave yourself.

I think he may be getting that drinking record expunged so he has a clean record to show for his upcoming Conversion trial. Perhaps the expungement hasn't happened yet. He is probably hoping for a non custodial sentence or a plea dealing the conversion, perhaps.
Okay so the best I can guess based on this is he is cleaning something up so he can't be judged or sentenced on something prior playing in info convinced here? That he never took care of but now it matters...?

I don't do much social media or any really like Reddit, X, F so that is my guess as to what you all mean?

And yes a clean record and expunging something he had Prior and never took care of. This computer capitalizes Prior based on Atty John Prior in Daybell. Just so ya all know, I tried three times. I guess my previous words get saved or something...

FB I meant.

I think he may be getting that drinking record expunged so he has a clean record to show for his upcoming Conversion trial. Perhaps the expungement hasn't finally happened yet. He is probably also hoping for a non custodial sentence or a plea deal on the conversion, perhaps. IMO.
No. I dont think there is going to be a trial. He has paid for pre trial diversion.

I'm just going to concentrate on the misdemeanor charge.

Pretrial diversion is for misdemeanors and maybe a couple of low level felonies. It's based on the premise sometimes people make mistakes and deserve a 2nd chance and a clean slate. The prosecutor can offer pre trial diversion. You pay a higher fee, behave yourself for a year, and the whole thing goes away. If you screw up, you get your charges back. I'm kind of sure they can internally monitor how many pre trial diversions you have used. It isnt like you're allowed one free annual misdemeanor.

Probably 20 years ago my young daughter (at the time) got a speeding ticket in her college town. Being an ex insurance agent, I called the court house and asked if they had pre trial diversion for her ticket. Her record was clean, so I anted up the higher fee. It was cheaper than her surcharged insurance would have been.

Basically, its a legal do over as long as you behave yourself.
Thanks for that info. I get something as a minor or even young adult as a do over or second change if not majorly serious and that is where my mind went with it.

But it kind of leads me to then that he could have cleaned that up years ago and never did but showing he has before this trial with law will help him? If you get what I'm saying, he did not care to until now?

I do think it is a bit different than here also. And no, I have never heard of that I can think of pretrial diversion. And honestly I am up on a bit, I worked for defenses attorneys (imagine that lol) and in an insurance related position for 20 years. It sounds like probation, a deal or yes behave yourself and it will go away etc.

However that brings me back to isn't this then something MW could have taken care of years ago? Or did he do something more current before this charge? If it was year ago then I'd say it says something that he never cared until facing something now... Jmo.

I think that means he is paying to divert something from Huntington County, prior to his upcoming trial, probably.
So meaning he will not have a trial or will but any sentence will be lighter because he cleaned up a piior? Or could be? Or is this a deal/plea:?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom