LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Court started shortly after 9 a.m. Some members of the general public were turned away due to limited seating.

The jurors were asked a number of questions, including if anyone had talked to them about the case. All 12 jurors and four alternate jurors answered no.

Forty-two crime scene photos were shown on a large-screen television inside the courtroom. A Crime Scene Investigator from the Indiana State Police narrated as the photos were being shown. It took about 90 minutes before the court broke for recess.

Family, jurors, and the court gallery were visibly emotional as photos of Williams and German were shown.

In the photos, both girls had large lacerations to their throats.

Possibly, but I interpret it that they want to limit the playing of it because it was not used to id RA. I don't know how they would know that. AFAIK he was wearing similar clothes and LE likely did a voice and height comparison so they are just trying to get all the evidence thrown out or restricted. They know how damaging it is. It's not going to work. RA is listed as 5' 5" in his latest mugshot and looks more and more like BG. I wish someone would put all his mugshots in timeline order and next to each other.

For court, he has shaved off all his facial and head hair and put on the glasses in an attempt to not look like BG and his prior mugshots IMO. He's a chameleon killer.
That's their excuse but it's not why they want it thrown out imo.

Delphi murders: Defense seeks to prohibit testimony on audio from infamous ‘Bridge Guy’ video​

Defense attorneys for Delphi murders suspect Richard Allen seek to prohibit testimony about the contents of a video recovered from Libby German’s phone.

The video, a key piece of evidence in the Delphi killings, was taken on Feb. 13, 2017. Investigators obtained it from Libby German’s after she and her friend Abby Williams were found dead.

Investigators extracted audio from the video and released an infamous still of the man who would come to be known as “Bridge Guy.” Police later released a short video clip of the man walking.

The defense said the state planned to introduce audio and video enhancements of the video recovered from Libby German’s phone into evidence.

One enhancement contains a phrase uttered by one of the victims, the motion said, while another contains an audio clip of a man speaking. Both are repeated on a loop, according to the motion, and are “very difficult to understand.”

The defense is asking the court to prohibit the state from eliciting testimony concerning the contents of the words contained in the clips.

The defense argued that interpreting words and sounds is “speculative” and that the enhancements were “investigatory tools.”

BBM

What testimony about the recording are they objecting to?

So the bullet was found pressed into the ground, after the bodies were moved, with the aid of a blue light, not days or weeks after the crime scene was released as rumour previously wrongly stated.

Page spoke for about 90 minutes before the court took a break. He resumed his testimony around 1 p.m.
During cross-examination, defense attorneys questioned Page about the unspent bullet reportedly found at the crime scene that has been integral in linking Allen to the murders. Investigators claim the tool marks on the cartridge, which wasn’t fired but ejected, were a match for a Sig Sauer pistol owned by Allen. The defense has repeatedly attacked the science of linking tool markings from an ejected cartridge to a specific gun.

According to Page’s testimony, the cartridge wasn’t easy to find. It was located after the bodies were already moved and found with the assistance of a blue light — which revealed a sparkle.
Page said the cartridge was pointed straight down and found depressed into the ground.
Allen’s attorneys revealed that no photographs or video evidence reportedly exist showing the cartridge being removed from the ground at the crime scene.
The sticks removed from atop the girls’ bodies were not collected for testing, Page said. When asked why, the investigator said that he has never collected DNA evidence of value from branches.
When Page was asked if a sexual assault forensic exam, commonly called a rape kit, was performed on the girls, the investigator said he assumed a test was conducted during the autopsy but was unaware as he did not attend the autopsy.
Yeah that rumor sure grew wings but it never did seem to have any basis.

I note the D does say there is no video or pics of the cartridge in the ground just of it being removed. Is this part of their selective way of including just partial truths again....

So the bullet was found pressed into the ground, after the bodies were moved, with the aid of a blue light, not days or weeks after the crime scene was released as rumour previously wrongly stated.

Page spoke for about 90 minutes before the court took a break. He resumed his testimony around 1 p.m.
During cross-examination, defense attorneys questioned Page about the unspent bullet reportedly found at the crime scene that has been integral in linking Allen to the murders. Investigators claim the tool marks on the cartridge, which wasn’t fired but ejected, were a match for a Sig Sauer pistol owned by Allen. The defense has repeatedly attacked the science of linking tool markings from an ejected cartridge to a specific gun.

According to Page’s testimony, the cartridge wasn’t easy to find. It was located after the bodies were already moved and found with the assistance of a blue light — which revealed a sparkle.
Page said the cartridge was pointed straight down and found depressed into the ground.
Allen’s attorneys revealed that no photographs or video evidence reportedly exist showing the cartridge being removed from the ground at the crime scene.
The sticks removed from atop the girls’ bodies were not collected for testing, Page said. When asked why, the investigator said that he has never collected DNA evidence of value from branches.
When Page was asked if a sexual assault forensic exam, commonly called a rape kit, was performed on the girls, the investigator said he assumed a test was conducted during the autopsy but was unaware as he did not attend the autopsy.
The branch thing is stupid imo.

I do wonder about an SA exam but I don't think he completed his plans but then hard to say, I mean one was nude and the other redressed in the wrong clothing. I wouldn't think if they found anything the defense would ask about it...

So there is a pic of the bullet in the ground, I just wondered that above.

And they did take the sticks but two days later...

I dont' know about anyone else but I certainly have more questions about the clothing that this did not answer. The mention ONLY Libby's clothing in the creek and so does that mean Abby had all of her own on PLUS Libby's shirt... And was the thing about wearing both the bras true? Honestly other than hearing all of Libby's except one shoe and the shirt was in the creek and inside out, this isn't much more than we already new with no further details. What the heck? Will that maybe only come say with the med examiners at which point maybe Abby was undressed...? I heard from somewhere that ABby had shoes on but no socks but do we know if she wore socks... Meaning were they missing or just never had any?

Also can they tell by other evidence, etc. if Abby WAS ever undressed, or partially so?

One thought I had is if Libby was giving RA a fight, Abby may have herself put Libby's shirt on, for a few possible reasons I can think of while he was busy with Libby... Probably not but it crossed my mind...

Delphi murders: Day 3 of testimony includes graphic crime scene photos​

Monday marked the third day of testimony in the Delphi murders trial.

Judge Fran Gull cautioned on Saturday that Monday’s testimony would be lengthy. She wrapped up Saturday’s proceedings early as a result.

Monday’s session included testimony from Carroll County Sheriff’s Deputy Darron Giancola, the first deputy to arrive at the scene, and Sgt. Jason Page, a crime scene investigator with Indiana State Police.
The state entered more than 40 crime scene photos into evidence. The photos included shots of the general area as well as closeups of both Abby Williams and Libby German.

The images showed Abby Williams was dressed while Libby German was not. Abby’s clothes appeared to be damp. Blood stains were visible on the girls, the ground and nearby trees.

Both girls had suffered lacerations to their throats. Abby’s body was three to five feet away from Libby’s, according to the images.
wow, I haven't actually read any of the links about the photos yet, was going to later if I get a chance but his has more detail so far than I'd seen just reading the posts here, and a few links as to testimony today.

So blood on nearby trees, not just one...?

Abby's clothing appeared to be damp... Well you'd get damp just from sitting or rolling on the ground during the course of whatever he was doing to them or having them do, at that time of year...

However, Libby's clothing was in the creek. I'm assuming he threw it in there but then could they have gotten away for just a moment OR crossed the creek... I'm a bit lost on what to think there and I can't recall the exact orientation of everything that most probably do... Pretty sure Tom will clear some of this up for me if I get around to watching him... However, he's not sure he is staying, he is giving it another week as they've made it so hard to ensure that at least once in you are in for the day. NOPE. He is going to see how the one week goes...

Gull's done all she can in my opinion for no consistency or else for even those that wait HOURS upon HOURS before court to get in in the morning. I take it if they need to pee or eat lunch or leave at all, that's over. That's ridiculous.

Even reporters have had issues...

It is what it is but I will be forever pi**Ed off about it.

BBM

What testimony about the recording are they objecting to?
The defense said the state planned to introduce audio and video enhancements of the video recovered from Libby German’s phone into evidence.

One enhancement contains a phrase uttered by one of the victims, the motion said, while another contains an audio clip of a man speaking. Both are repeated on a loop, according to the motion, and are “very difficult to understand.”

The defense is asking the court to prohibit the state from eliciting testimony concerning the contents of the words contained in the clips.

The defense argued that interpreting words and sounds is “speculative” and that the enhancements were “investigatory tools.”

Delphi murders: Defense seeks to prohibit testimony on audio from infamous ‘Bridge Guy’ video​

Defense attorneys for Delphi murders suspect Richard Allen seek to prohibit testimony about the contents of a video recovered from Libby German’s phone.

The video, a key piece of evidence in the Delphi killings, was taken on Feb. 13, 2017. Investigators obtained it from Libby German’s after she and her friend Abby Williams were found dead.

Investigators extracted audio from the video and released an infamous still of the man who would come to be known as “Bridge Guy.” Police later released a short video clip of the man walking.

If you ask me, it's all about NOT wanting his voice compared, no matter how they couch it or the excuses they use.

Reminds me of the image in Travis' eye in the Jodi Arias trial. Let the jurors decide.

The branch thing is stupid imo.

I do wonder about an SA exam but I don't think he completed his plans but then hard to say, I mean one was nude and the other redressed in the wrong clothing. I wouldn't think if they found anything the defense would ask about it...
The fact Libby was nude and Abby had been redressed in some of Libby's clothes is evidence of sexual assault on its own.

The fact Libby was nude and Abby had been redressed in some of Libby's clothes is evidence of sexual assault on its own.
Oh I definitely agree in that sense. No doubt at all. Of course I'd never say otherwise, I was talking what an exam would show.

So I've just started with Tom for today's. He got in line at 5 but was cut off before he got in when it hit full capacity. So he missed the morning and got in in the afternoon. However, someone who was at the morning session gave him her notes. HOORAY, maybe he will stay if such continues. He starts out reading her morning notes and they must be pretty decent and legible as he is getting them without too much trouble.

Again it's ridiculous as to getting in. And again there COULD be an overflow room set up with a monitor. Gull is making Judge Boyce look good imo... He AT LEAST gave options like that, AND a delayed video a day or so later of court proceedings in Lori's. And then allowed live in Chad's.

wow, I haven't actually read any of the links about the photos yet, was going to later if I get a chance but his has more detail so far than I'd seen just reading the posts here, and a few links as to testimony today.

So blood on nearby trees, not just one...?

Abby's clothing appeared to be damp... Well you'd get damp just from sitting or rolling on the ground during the course of whatever he was doing to them or having them do, at that time of year...

However, Libby's clothing was in the creek. I'm assuming he threw it in there but then could they have gotten away for just a moment OR crossed the creek... I'm a bit lost on what to think there and I can't recall the exact orientation of everything that most probably do... Pretty sure Tom will clear some of this up for me if I get around to watching him... However, he's not sure he is staying, he is giving it another week as they've made it so hard to ensure that at least once in you are in for the day. NOPE. He is going to see how the one week goes...

Gull's done all she can in my opinion for no consistency or else for even those that wait HOURS upon HOURS before court to get in in the morning. I take it if they need to pee or eat lunch or leave at all, that's over. That's ridiculous.

Even reporters have had issues...

It is what it is but I will be forever pi**Ed off about it.
I think the clothes were wet from crossing the creek and he made them take the clothes off and then told Abby to put clothes on including some of Libby's. There was also a disturbed area at the side of the creek reported in one account, which indicates to me they crossed the creek and climbed up the muddy bank IMO. I think he attempted to shoot them and the gun jammed so he ejected the bullet ( he confessed in jail, that he shot at them, didn't he ? ) so in a frenzy he killed them with the knife but could not find or did not look for the ejected bullet. I think the POS took clothes to the creek to try and clean himself up with them. Then he tried to cover and hide the bodies with sticks before he left via the cemetery and walked along the road back to his car. RA was also seen muddy and bloody walking back to his car so we should hear that testimony too. The more I read, the surer I am he is guilty.

Last edited:
I think the clothes were wet from crossing the creek and he made them take the clothes off and then told Abby to put clothes on including some of Libby's. There was also a disturbed area at the side of the creek reported in one account, which indicates to me they crossed the creek and climbed up the muddy bank IMO. RA was also seen muddy and bloody walking back to his car so we should hear that testimony too. The more I read, the surer I am he is guilty.
Yeah, I am wondering about the slide which we first heard of was it Saturdaya and now again today and it was on the 'down the hill side of the creek". The one did say Abby's clothes seemed damp but particularly her pants. I guess what I'm wondering are some various variations.... Did Libby end up in he creek totally wet or did the girls or one try to get away... Did he make Libby strip after coming out right at the creekside, (and she lost a shoe perhaps) or did he take this stuff all down there later... And for all clothes to look damp on Abby, well again, with some there may well have been frost that night and the ground would have been wet earlier too.

I guess it's just not easier to put it together yet so much as I'd thought it would be. Maybe with further witnesses... Even if no escape attempt, did he make Libby strip right at the creek I guess is one thing I wonder... Maybe she even slid in an attempt to get away and get into the creek ahead of him...

Am I making any sense? There's so much unknown that this isn't clarifying yet if it will ever be known, all of it...

I've got no doubt of his guilt and yes, nothing here is doing anything but cementing that with me. However, I should correct I never say 100 percent so no doubt should have said 99 percent.

If Libby's shirt had blood on it of Abby's then Abby probably had it on before Abby was killed if a substantial amount anyhow. Some of these details I would think ARE going to come later and maybe again from the ME.

Tom said four witnesses today and most of what I've read here have concerned the two so I'm guessing most reports on the latter part of the day hadn't been done yet or collaborated on notes on with news.

I don't know if I'll make it through all of his show tonight. Had other things to tend to and then finally got to it now. I don't work til late morning but the show is two hours and a bit plus I think and I do get up when possible several hours ahead of any shift. But probably a fair portion is chat afterwards so we will see, I may make it through the loaned notes of the morning and his notes and details he covers of the afternoon. He did say a lot of questions we all had were answered in the afternoon and so I'm not sure if he just means what we've heard here or if articles lack as they often do some of the detail, and again I think the afternoon news that would have come tonight maybe wasn't hitting yet.

Lol Rozzi I guess questioned Page. And Tom refers to even back in Frank's he thinks #4 memo, they talk of some yellow tape or rope seen in pictures and Page explains that is a technique used to mark where they are at or the spot of where to start or some such (do not quote me and Tom is not on his own notes he is on loaned notes from another that was in the morning session). He's kind of laughing as am I and he says it isn't Odiniest yellow tape (due to Rozzi's question)... Or rope, whichever it was.

Is THIS where you found news today on the O sh*t? LOL.

Anyhow it sounds like it is NORMAL practice and nothing to do with Os or a spot re Os.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom