LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears to me to be a misfire and that will make distinctive marks. It was in the chamber and the hammer was struck on it, making a mark. The strike is nearly as unique as the striations if it went through the barrel. Not quite as conclusive, but enough that it can't be ruled out. It sounds like he planned on shooting them, but the gun jammed. Do we know for sure that they weren't also shot?
OR he ejected a bullet to show the girls it was loaded and he wasn't kidding/to instill fear.

So there were spent bullets recovered from the scene? They were shot in addition to being stabbed to death? I hadn't heard that. The only match to his gun, as I understand it, is the strike mark on the bullet that was ejected. I'm kind of playing devil's advocate here, but a lot of this seems hinky. I guess we'll know a lot more when they release all of the data they've collected after arresting the accomplice(s).

The car match sounds like a reach to me as well.
There were no spent bullets recovered from the scene and my understanding and no the girls were not shot.

The Indianapolis office of the FBI, which lent agents and technical expertise during the early days of the investigation, issued the following statement today:

“As stated in the past this is a complex multi-agency investigation. The implication that an alleged clerical error by an FBI employee caused years of delay in identifying this defendant is misleading. Our review of the matter shows FBI employees correctly followed established procedures.”

Sources indicate during the early days of the investigation, dozens of law enforcement personnel and volunteers answered a tip line and sifted through the first of more than 72,000 tips that were gradually received in this case.

There is no indication at this time of how such a substantial tip regarding a middle age man in clothes matching those of the killer admittedly walking on Monon High Bridge that day did not receive heightened attention or further inquiry for more than five years.

Here is Linda and her take on it. She mentions something and I and I think all of us forgot to mention when we first read it. That the man was behind Abby on the bridge... I mean we know he was behind her at SOME point but I take this to mean there is video and possibly audio of before, etc. We know the tape was longer than released...

Linda is positive they have more as am I. It also reminded me both knives and guns were mentioned as to what Richard Allen owned/owns...

She feels as I think most of us do that this is an unusual redacted probable cause, different than most we see. I feel myself it was typed anew or pieced together with just parts of the overall one.

Anyhow her take on it might make some that have doubts feel a bit better about the case...

She also talks of what ISN'T there in the probable cause...

And also yeah, what kind of believable story is it that he was on the bridge watching fish? As Linda states the bridge is like 63' in the air.

And I don't buy this clerical error BS. At minimum it at least in no way answers all of the questions this brings. FBI doesn't seem to happy with Carroll County claiming that...

He did. I now think the witness who said PT cruiser or smart car might have been a youngster. Unless there is a whole lot in the redactions that add context, I am not sure why that witness info was included/needed for the probable cause. :thinking:
Plus, trying to remember something you saw after how long??. and if you aren't a car person, you just tell them what you think it was.

So there were spent bullets recovered from the scene? They were shot in addition to being stabbed to death? I hadn't heard that. The only match to his gun, as I understand it, is the strike mark on the bullet that was ejected. I'm kind of playing devil's advocate here, but a lot of this seems hinky. I guess we'll know a lot more when they release all of the data they've collected after arresting the accomplice(s).

The car match sounds like a reach to me as well.
It seems like the bullet jammed and had to be ejected. If it matches his gun then that sounds like strong evidence as well as he was seen there and admits himself that he was there too. It also explains how he got them "down the hill" and across the creek with the threat of a gun. I would love to know if his gun matches the one that looks like it is in his pocket in the pic on the bridge.

He parked his 2016 Ford Focus in the parking lot of the old Farm Bureau building...

The car they have been looking for has to have been his. They never said two or more cars were parked there. I didn't think they even knew the exact make of vehicle. That would have been a pretty new vehicle in early 2017.

Having re-read the affidavit re the CPS car info, I'm convinced that the witnesses did indeed see the same car. The time is right, they saw only one car parked there, and both said it was backed-in.
So since LE believes there's another perp, how do they suppose that the other perp came to be there?
Since Allen's car is seen on video headed west on 300th, I guess they could be thinking that Allen may have already dropped off his accompliss at the trailhead or elsewhere nearby.
Yes or any accomplice could have parked at the trailhead where the girls were dropped off and could have seen them arrive. I am wondering if he is the one who met them but it was actually prearranged by KK. I hope they have phone records.

The car they have been looking for has to have been his. They never said two or more cars were parked there. I didn't think they even knew the exact make of vehicle. That would have been a pretty new vehicle in early 2017.
It was only a year old, wish we knew when and why he sold it. This link has a sliding timeline that mentions the sighting of the smart car/pt cruiser. Unless there is more to tie it to the murders I think the 2nd car is a wild goose to chase. Timeline: What court documents indicate happened the day of the Delphi murders

He did. I now think the witness who said PT cruiser or smart car might have been a youngster. Unless there is a whole lot in the redactions that add context, I am not sure why that witness info was included/needed for the probable cause. :thinking:
I agree. I keep thinking of a second person...

I will say though what is in the document and more seems to lean more towards his being a lone wolf; however, other things still hint at a second person, not least of which they basically said as much in arguing to keep things sealed....

If he got in that car blood soaked, that car would have the girls' blood. Most likely of course he cleaned it but we have all seen cases where they find that drop of blood somewhere still. Under the door handle, under new upholstery, etc.

I recall a case too, couldn't tell you which one, where they couldn't find DNA and blood even though they had the weapon, etc. and after a bit of time, they tried again and took a knife apart and found what was needed. Blood had gotten beyond the visible area beneath were blade met handle if I recall correctly.

Just a couple of possibilities of other evidence and I can think of more... Like if he used anything to bind them. Or is it possible he even used the gun? They don't have to share everything with him or in the PC statement.

There is nothing in the PC about his phone records or tech, etc.

There is a lot that would be pretty standard info in a case that is missing. What did his wife say overall? How did he come home? What else did he claim to do that day? Did his wife or daughter see him? Did he wash his clothing? Did he go out for dinner? Did they watch a movie together that night? Did they go to the bar and get tanked? Was he nervous or on a high? Did he hit a drive through for a burger? Did HE participate in the search? I mean seriously, there are big voids in the document.

Here is an article from 2017 that has a good pic of BG and the gun outline in his pocket. I am also posting details of the gun that has been identified as belonging to RA from the matching of the ejected bullet at the scene. This was found between the bodies of Libby and Abby.

You can see the photos below:

(Indiana State Police)

(Indiana State Police)
(Indiana State Police)

(Indiana State Police)

"The photos were taken from Libby German’s phone, police said. "

Screenshot of the gun from above link.

Screenshot_20221205-201835_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Yes or any accomplice could have parked at the trailhead where the girls were dropped off and could have seen them arrive. I am wondering if he is the one who met them but it was actually prearranged by KK. I hope they have phone records.
Well, early on, I remember considering whether the perp somehow knew that the girls would be there or if it was a mere coincidence that they'd crossed paths, but when it appeared to me that there must not have been any evidence as to how he could have known such a thing, I figured it must be the latter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom