CrimeCon Information and Discussion

I have to disagree with this prosecutor. I think about the Rittenhouse case. I had a completely different picture of what happened that night before I watched the trial. It really opened my eyes to how different evidence might be once it is presented at trial.

The courts belong to the people and the people should be able to see what’s going on in the courts.

I saw someone being interviewed at crime con and they said that any judge who has control over his/her courtroom should not be adverse to having cameras present.
I have been wanting to mention Crime Con and do a post about wow what it was this year and who all attended and did podcasts from it. I just haven't had time. I want to GO. Next year it is in Nashville and the year after it is in the UK @Tresir Anyone interested in going? All he people in so many cases were there. Reporters, LE, YTers, victims families AND the viewers of such. Dylan Rounds' mom, the Petito Foundation, Nate Eaton, Vinnie Politan, Gigi, the list goes on and on. I didn't get to watch nearly as many as I'd have liked to but watched a couple of Nate's and Erica's and who they interviewed, etc.

To cameras, I agree 100 PERCENT. I have heard Vinnie and many other practicing attorneys give solid reasons they need to be in the courtrooms which by the way, although they'd have us believe otherwise, are OUR courtrooms. People forgetting the phrase and truth that the ones holding court in them are OUR public servants? PUBLIC.

It also does more good than bad. By far. Imo.

I have been wanting to mention Crime Con and do a post about wow what it was this year and who all attended and did podcasts from it. I just haven't had time. I want to GO. Next year it is in Nashville and the year after it is in the UK @Tresir Anyone interested in going? All he people in so many cases were there. Reporters, LE, YTers, victims families AND the viewers of such. Dylan Rounds' mom, the Petito Foundation, Nate Eaton, Vinnie Politan, Gigi, the list goes on and on. I didn't get to watch nearly as many as I'd have liked to but watched a couple of Nate's and Erica's and who they interviewed, etc.

To cameras, I agree 100 PERCENT. I have heard Vinnie and many other practicing attorneys give solid reasons they need to be in the courtrooms which by the way, although they'd have us believe otherwise, are OUR courtrooms. People forgetting the phrase and truth that the ones holding court in them are OUR public servants? PUBLIC.

If they go back to Vegas, I will go.

If they go back to Vegas, I will go.
Okay! If they do and depending on when and whether both still alive can I meet you there? Because I will! By being alive I mean if it isn't 50 years from now. Branching to the UK surprised me so maybe it will be a long time before back to Vegas is my point. But if so, YES, I will go. If life allows. Been there three times in my life already.

Where in the UK is it ? Would that be in 2025? Yeah I wouldn't mind attending if I am still compus mentus by then LOL.

Where in the UK is it ? Would that be in 2025? Yeah I wouldn't mind attending if I am still compus mentus by then LOL.
For me to go to that one, I'd have to get my passport renewed which I've meant to for years but with my life, it wasn't top priority, not being able to afford to go anywhere anyhow and having a lot of other things to this day I need to take care of first. Would you consider Nashville or Vegas lol? Do you like US country music or gambling? Lol. Mountains and greenery or desert?

And yes, if I am still compus mentus by then too lol.

CC UK is next September in London - here's a link with the date. They just had the latest UK one recently in Glasgow.

I'm confused or maybe who I heard it from confused it because I took it to be the one we have here will be there in 2025 not next year. Do you have one of your own or will the two join that year or something?

For me to go to that one, I'd have to get my passport renewed which I've meant to for years but with my life, it wasn't top priority, not being able to afford to go anywhere anyhow and having a lot of other things to this day I need to take care of first. Would you consider Nashville or Vegas lol? Do you like US country music or gambling? Lol. Mountains and greenery or desert?

And yes, if I am still compus mentus by then too lol.
My passport expired a couple of years ago and I have never renewed it cos of Covid. So I will think about it anyway. I would fancy Nashville over Vegas.

My passport expired a couple of years ago and I have never renewed it cos of Covid. So I will think about it anyway. I would fancy Nashville over Vegas.
I'd prefer Nashville also as I've never been there. Although I'd do Vegas. Vegas is Vegas, it is a heck of a people watching experience if nothing else. Plus a bonus would be @Kimster would join us. There are a few more out there I would hope would think about it as well :)

But as a pick I'd pick Nashville as I've never been plus it is sooner and Vegas isn't even on the books with it that I know of.

I'd prefer Nashville also as I've never been there. Although I'd do Vegas. Vegas is Vegas, it is a heck of a people watching experience if nothing else. Plus a bonus would be @Kimster would join us. There are a few more out there I would hope would think about it as well :)

But as a pick I'd pick Nashville as I've never been plus it is sooner and Vegas isn't even on the books with it that I know of.
All I can say about Nashville is that just to go around it on the highway too us over an hour with the traffic and it wasn't even near rush hour :sigh:

All I can say about Nashville is that just to go around it on the highway too us over an hour with the traffic and it wasn't even near rush hour :sigh:
I know people who have been who claimed it was the best time they ever had in their lives. More than a few. Most of them I heard that from ten if not twenty years ago. Haven't heard it from anyone in recent times, have heard it has changed a lot. Just another city with its major issues but some history etc. that most think would be cool to see, just another tourist spot overtaken and built up maybe?

But if ii comes to Crime Con it is going to be a city most likely with something like that and Vegas is sure no fun either like if you are going to rent a car or even taxi like to the strip. I don't know how emergency vehicles get through. It can take you five hours or you can never get down it. I don't know Nashville. I have been to Orlando and Vegas. But add years later and a huge event like Crime Con and I think you'\d just need to expect the b.s. of traffic jams, traffic, ********, time, etc. to attend such a thing no matter what city it was in. You'd have to book, hope your hotel has it together with pickup, shuttle, etc. and so on.

I know people who have been who claimed it was the best time they ever had in their lives. More than a few. Most of them I heard that from ten if not twenty years ago. Haven't heard it from anyone in recent times, have heard it has changed a lot. Just another city with its major issues but some history etc. that most think would be cool to see, just another tourist spot overtaken and built up maybe?

But if ii comes to Crime Con it is going to be a city most likely with something like that and Vegas is sure no fun either like if you are going to rent a car or even taxi like to the strip. I don't know how emergency vehicles get through. It can take you five hours or you can never get down it. I don't know Nashville. I have been to Orlando and Vegas. But add years later and a huge event like Crime Con and I think you'\d just need to expect the b.s. of traffic jams, traffic, ********, time, etc. to attend such a thing no matter what city it was in. You'd have to book, hope your hotel has it together with pickup, shuttle, etc. and so on.
I've never been "to" Nashville, just through and it sucked, traffic wise !

I've never been "to" Nashville, just through and it sucked, traffic wise !
I could say the same about Chicago. I have never been "to" it but I have been "through" it and it was a nightmare. I'd never want to do the likes of NYC or LA. Why people want to spend their whole travel day locked in one city I have no idea and that's about what Chicago was. When my ex and I traveled, I'd find a route around even a mid sized city. He always had to drive and I was passenger so I had the time to look. The fact he always had to drive should have told me something.... Right? I had been on my own for years and was quite used to driving for myself and then ended up in that.

I am honestly beyond and have been for some time the type of trips and cities, etc. that mean crowds, traffic, parking issues, etc. and headaches. Things like concerts, sate fairs, events and so on. I will say though I'd maybe deal with it for Crime Con. I think it would be so cool to see and meet all these people whose names and work we know or sadly, victim family members and give them some encouragement, etc. If I ever did it, I'd deal with it but not drive and I'd have to have the money (which I don't) for the travel, a taxi or shuttle or whatever arranged and so on. I'd guess even if a big city that one would want to book hotel and ride etc, well ahead of the event. I cannot get over what this year seemed to be, how many we "know" were there and all broadcasting and doing shows from there. Did you watch any?

Re Nashville, it used to be one of the top places I wanted to go. I have heard though it has changed a LOT over the past decade or so. And yeah, it is just another city with all its problems. I used to want to go to New Orleans as well. That desire has also ended.

For me, any big city is something you may have to fly into and then you get the heck out of it and go a few hours away to spend your time for a far better vacation. Vegas is different. Vegas is Vegas. You shuttle or taxi but you pick downtown in my opinion, not the strip and you do what you do in Vegas. Gamble a bit, eat, people watch, go see the strip if you have newbies with you, maybe take in one show if you have newbies with you, go back to the airport by shuttle or taxi and go home.

I could say the same about Chicago. I have never been "to" it but I have been "through" it and it was a nightmare. I'd never want to do the likes of NYC or LA. Why people want to spend their whole travel day locked in one city I have no idea and that's about what Chicago was. When my ex and I traveled, I'd find a route around even a mid sized city. He always had to drive and I was passenger so I had the time to look. The fact he always had to drive should have told me something.... Right? I had been on my own for years and was quite used to driving for myself and then ended up in that.

I am honestly beyond and have been for some time the type of trips and cities, etc. that mean crowds, traffic, parking issues, etc. and headaches. Things like concerts, sate fairs, events and so on. I will say though I'd maybe deal with it for Crime Con. I think it would be so cool to see and meet all these people whose names and work we know or sadly, victim family members and give them some encouragement, etc. If I ever did it, I'd deal with it but not drive and I'd have to have the money (which I don't) for the travel, a taxi or shuttle or whatever arranged and so on. I'd guess even if a big city that one would want to book hotel and ride etc, well ahead of the event. I cannot get over what this year seemed to be, how many we "know" were there and all broadcasting and doing shows from there. Did you watch any?

Re Nashville, it used to be one of the top places I wanted to go. I have heard though it has changed a LOT over the past decade or so. And yeah, it is just another city with all its problems. I used to want to go to New Orleans as well. That desire has also ended.

For me, any big city is something you may have to fly into and then you get the heck out of it and go a few hours away to spend your time for a far better vacation. Vegas is different. Vegas is Vegas. You shuttle or taxi but you pick downtown in my opinion, not the strip and you do what you do in Vegas. Gamble a bit, eat, people watch, go see the strip if you have newbies with you, maybe take in one show if you have newbies with you, go back to the airport by shuttle or taxi and go home.
I spent a few days in Chicago and we quite liked it. Walked along the lakeside and went to some restaurant/bars. Hubby had a conference there and I tagged along. We had prearranged to meet some relatives from Canada who brought their campervan down so we spent a few days touring with them after the conference, down as far as Kentucky IIRC. They parked the camper in our hotel car park and slept in it LOL. Hubby's work put on a big buffet every night in the hotel and we all tucked in for free. It was great. Plus happy hour in the bar every evening. We virtually spent nothing.

Last edited:
I spent a few days in Chicago and we quite liked it. Walked along the lakeside and went to some restaurant/bars. Hubby had a conference there and I tagged along. We had prearranged to meet some relatives from Canada who brought their campervan down so we spent a few days touring with them after the conference, down as far as Kentucky IIRC. They parked the camper in our hotel car park and slept in it LOL. Hubby's work put on a big buffet every night in the hotel and we all tucked in for free. It was great. Plus happy hour in the bar every evening. We virtually spent nothing.
Sounds like a fun trip/travels. How long ago was that? Everywhere I've been if I've went back a decade later has changed, and generally not for the better.

Chicago is one of the highest murder cities in the nation

(WTVO) — Chicago had the highest number of homicides in the United States in 2022, according to a new report. Chicago had 697 total homicides in 2022, higher than Philadelphia (516), New York City (438), Houston (435), and Los Angeles (382). Chicago has led the nation for the 11th straight year, the report concluded.Feb 23, 2023

Being above places like NYC and LA is significant.

Another:

Don't know why they call it murder capital as they are not the capital of Illinois but you get the gist of it I'm sure.

Sounds like a fun trip/travels. How long ago was that? Everywhere I've been if I've went back a decade later has changed, and generally not for the better.

Chicago is one of the highest murder cities in the nation

(WTVO) — Chicago had the highest number of homicides in the United States in 2022, according to a new report. Chicago had 697 total homicides in 2022, higher than Philadelphia (516), New York City (438), Houston (435), and Los Angeles (382). Chicago has led the nation for the 11th straight year, the report concluded.Feb 23, 2023

Being above places like NYC and LA is significant.

Another:

Don't know why they call it murder capital as they are not the capital of Illinois but you get the gist of it I'm sure.
It must be twenty or more years ago. I remember we saw the writer of Harry Potter in a cafe and she wasn't even famous then. Well I guess she was a little famous or we would not have recognised her.

Her first book was 1997 and she did one a year initially so we probably visited late '90's.

All the Harry Potter books in order:

Book 1: Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997)
Book 2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (1998)
Book 3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (1999)
Book 4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2000)
Book 5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2003)
Book 6: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2005)
Book 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2007)
Stage Play Script: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (2016)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom