DIANA ALVAREZ: Florida vs. Jorge Guerrero for murder of 9-year-old *GUILTY PLEA*

1602114625523.png

Have you seen this child DIANA ALVAREZ.png

Diana Alvares, 9, was last seen Sunday in the 3500 block of Unique Circle in Fort Myers, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Lee County Sheriff’s Office has detained 28-year-old Jorge Guerrero. The Amber Alert said Alvares might have been in the company of Guerrero.



MEDIA
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Diana Alvarez' remains and COVID-19 restrictions delay case of Jorge Guerrero-Torres

New evidence uncovered involving the disappearance of Diana Alvarez combined with restrictions due to the COVID-19 virus promoted a delay in the case of Jorge Guerrero-Torres.

He is accused in the vanishing of the 9-year-old south Lee County girl on Memorial Day, 2016.

Guerrero-Torres was in the Lee County Circuit courtroom of Judge Margaret O. Steinbeck on Monday for a case management conference in his homicide, kidnapping and molestation case.

On Friday investigators with the Lee County Sheriff’s Office said they found the remains of Alvarez, who is believed killed nearly four years ago.

That development, combined with restrictions in movement for state prosecutors brought on by the COVID-19 outbreak, prompted Judge Steinbeck to suggest and then set a delay.

"I'm thinking about April 27," Steinbeck said. "Does that work for counsel?" Both sides gave their assent.
 
“The monster that committed this horrendous crime is behind bars and will now be brought to justice for the murder of Diana Alvarez,” Marceno said. “This does not bring Diana back, but I hope this helps bring closure to the family.”

Guerrero, then 28, had made “admissions” that put him with Alvarez on the morning she went missing, according to NBC Miami.

He also told investigators that he had a sexual relationship with the girl, NBC affiliate WBBH reported.

About a year after Alvarez’s disappearance, a jury found Guerrero guilty of federal charges of creation and possession of child pornography, and he was sentenced to 40 years in prison.

A year after that, a grand jury indicted him on first-degree murder, even in the absence of a body. Guerrero was awaiting trial when Alvarez’s body was found.

 

SWFL girl Diana Alvarez remembered on birthday, would be 13 years old

Community members in Southwest Florida gathered to remember a young girl on her special day over the weekend.

Diana Alvarez would have turned 13 years old Sunday, but her life was cut short in May 2016 when she was kidnapped from her family’s San Carlos Park home and murdered.

Diana’s body wasn’t found until earlier this year, more than 100 miles away from home.

The only suspect in Diana’s case, Jorge Guerrero Torres, remains in jail.

Diana would probably be celebrating her day with family and friends if she were still with them. Instead, Diana’s family is left with pictures, memories and their thoughts of what could have been if she wasn’t taken under tragic circumstances.


Forensic experts and investigators are still combing through evidence surrounding Diana’s remains.

As for Gurrero, his future has been delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
 

It was an emotional day as family and friends gathered to say their final goodbyes to Diana Alvarez at James Boyd Funeral Home.

Diana was just 9-years-old when she vanished from her South Fort Myers home back in 2016.

After years of searching, Diana's remains were found earlier this year.

"Now I don't have to wonder if she ate, if she didn't eat, or if she's okay, now I know she is with God," said Rita Hernandez, Diana's mom. "She's one more angel in heaven."


"At least now I know where they found my little girl, I know where I can go cry, where I can go talk to her," said Hernandez.

The family says they do have Diana's ashes now and are holding on to them.
 

The man charged with killing 9-year-old Diana Alvarez back in court in October​

The man charged, Jorge Guerrero-Torres, with the killing of 9-year-old Diana Alvarez has his next court appearance rescheduled for October 6, 2021.
 

The man charged with killing 9-year-old Diana Alvarez back in court in October​

The man charged, Jorge Guerrero-Torres, with the killing of 9-year-old Diana Alvarez has his next court appearance rescheduled for October 6, 2021.
Unfortunately it will be to argue 2 new defense motions.
20210730-171111.jpg

20210730-171125.jpg
 
Covid imo has allowed an already snail's pace legal system in many areas to about completely halt and be used as an all too convenient excuse for delays and cases just hanging out there. For some anyhow, for others they probably wonder why they can't get a delay when one is actually warranted. In other words, I for one have no idea...
 
Covid imo has allowed an already snail's pace legal system in many areas to about completely halt and be used as an all too convenient excuse for delays and cases just hanging out there. For some anyhow, for others they probably wonder why they can't get a delay when one is actually warranted. In other words, I for one have no idea...
It's used as an excuse for everything.
 
SPRING 2023?! He said he had "a sexual relationship" with her. SICK POS! Why did you kill her then if it was a relationship?. How sickening. Death penalty.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
3,067
Messages
252,801
Members
1,005
Latest member
ChicagoRatHole
Back
Top Bottom