LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
'Bridge guy'

The killer is known among investigators as “bridge guy,” based on a Libby’s video tape of him taken from a distance as he walked across the Monon High Bridge east of the city, Leazenby said.

Something about “bridge guy” apparently creeped out the girls and 14-year-old Libby video-recorded him from a distance, providing police the blurring screen-grab photo of the man on the bridge.

After "bridge guy" is close to the girls — and likely under his intimidation — Libby’s recording picks up his voice, telling the girls to “go down the hill.”

Find “bridge guy,” and they'll find Libby and Abby’s killer, Leazenby said.

Police believe the man is between 18 and 40 and looks young for his age, Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter said last April.

"Bridge guy" is familiar with Delphi, Carter said last year. He's either lived there, worked there or frequently visits there.

Leazenby said "bridge guy" had to know where to take the girls to kill them in a place concealed from the public's sight, and the spot along the creek would not be common knowledge to outsiders.

1581272773576.png 1581272784981.png

Down The Hill audio -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftnAPuBrwDM

'I'm absolutely hopeful.' On anniversary of Delphi killings, community has faith next tip leads to justice

Most everyone takes for granted teenage rites of passage — driver’s licenses, proms, high school graduations — but for Anna Williams, these coming-of-age moments remind her of her loss.

While Anna Williams rejoices in her daughter’s friends growing up, she remembers that her daughter, Abby Williams, should be 16, and Abby’s best friend, Libby German, should be 17.

They should have their driver’s licenses, should be involved in their school bands and sports and should be developing life-long friends with their Delphi 2021 classmates.

Abby and Libby's killer stole the girls' lives three years ago Feb. 13 along the north bank of the Deer Creek about a quarter mile east of the Monon High Bridge. The killer also robbed the girls' parents and grandparents of sharing those special memories.

Police haven't said how the girls died. All they've said is that the girls were killed.

Three years later, police still aren't saying much about the investigation, and the killer remains at large.

Abby and Libby's killing shocked Delphi, as well as those in Indiana and the rest of the country.

Despite the shock and the lack of a suspect in custody, hope for justice remains steadfast in Delphi.

“There is still hope. There is still trust. There is still belief,” said the Rev. Todd Ladd, pastor of the Delphi United Methodist Church who performed Libby’s funeral. “It really impacts the entire community, still.”

Tips of who "bridge guy" might be continue to be phoned or emailed in, and the community remains supportive of police and Libby and Abby's families.

“I’m absolutely hopeful,” Anna Williams said about the case eventually being resolved.

She mentions several cases in the U.S. that remained unsolved for decades.

“We’re young," Anna Williams said. "We’re now in the third-year mark. It takes time. Are we thrilled about it? No.”

But she understands the process, which can be slow.

This Delphi case is not a cold case

“A true cold case is when the well has went completely dry. That isn’t the case here," Leazenby said. "We’re still getting information. It’s just not the right information.

“There’s at least four or five tips within a day.”

Asked what it will take to solve the case, Riley said, “They figure it’s the right tip to lead us to the suspect.”

What isn't helpful, Leazenby said, are the social media posts of side-to-side photo comparisons of a person to the sketches released by police.

Stop it, he said.

“We still have people doing the side-by-side comparison to someone else, and that does us no good,” Leazenby said. “It draws time and resources away.”

If someone has a tip, recognizes the walk of "bridge guy" or knows something about the case, call the tip line at 844-459-5786 or email the tip to abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

“We know somebody knows who it is," Anna Williams said, "and for whatever reason, no one’s come forward.”

She hopes whoever that person is can find the courage within themselves and make a call to the tip line.

IIRC, there was a similar case a couple of years prior to this that also occurred on a Friday the 13th. There's a Friday the 13th in March this year. I hope it's not a serial killer type of thing.

Yep. Two other little girls. Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, 10 and 8, from Evansdale, Iowa (about 400 miles away). Disappeared on Friday, July 13, 2012. They weren't found for almost 5 months.
They are on my list of threads to start here again...eventually.

https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/lyric-cook-and-elizabeth-collins/

It may be a leap, but I do have to wonder if there are any other midwest cases of two girls disappearing on a Friday the 13th?

Last edited:
'Bridge guy'

The killer is known among investigators as “bridge guy,” based on a Libby’s video tape of him taken from a distance as he walked across the Monon High Bridge east of the city, Leazenby said.

Something about “bridge guy” apparently creeped out the girls and 14-year-old Libby video-recorded him from a distance, providing police the blurring screen-grab photo of the man on the bridge.

After "bridge guy" is close to the girls — and likely under his intimidation — Libby’s recording picks up his voice, telling the girls to “go down the hill.”

Find “bridge guy,” and they'll find Libby and Abby’s killer, Leazenby said.

Police believe the man is between 18 and 40 and looks young for his age, Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter said last April.

"Bridge guy" is familiar with Delphi, Carter said last year. He's either lived there, worked there or frequently visits there.

Leazenby said "bridge guy" had to know where to take the girls to kill them in a place concealed from the public's sight, and the spot along the creek would not be common knowledge to outsiders.

View attachment 394 View attachment 396

Down The Hill audio -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftnAPuBrwDM

I'm not very up to date on this case- any ideas as to why the sketches look so different (the one on the far right looks slimmer, plus the eyes, nose, etc. look quite different to me)?
(I also thought this would be solved by now).

I have read a ton of speculation on this, they never really said. One theory is that he was dressed in clothes too big, was younger than they thought, had on like "disguise", etc. Others speculate there were two and perhaps a father and a son. Some feel on sharpening the image, perhaps they saw him differently OR an ignored clue seems important now. A lot of theories.

Sometimes I wonder if they know who it is but without someone naming the person from the sketch, they just do not have enough to place the person there or more so, to even arrest him.

Then other times I wonder if they have anything at all and not a hope of solving this.

Sometimes I wonder if they know who it is but without someone naming the person from the sketch, they just do not have enough to place the person there or more so, to even arrest him.

Then other times I wonder if they have anything at all and not a hope of solving this.

Same. I flipflop so hard on this I'm gonna give myself whiplash.

A bit more info on that "new sketch". It's apparently "not the same guy". But really, yes, it's just an updated version of who they think the suspect is.

On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person.

Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.”

According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.”

In ISP’s attempt to clarify on Wednesday, Riley wrote that investigators’ initial belief that “a person in the age range of his 40s to 50s was a person of interest in this murder investigation.”

“Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed,” ISP’s release said, “it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22 more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.”

The new sketch features what police called a man with “a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20s to late-30s.”

THE SUSPECT: Police continue to look for a white male between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-10, weighing 180 to 200 pounds, with reddish brown hair. On Monday, Indiana State Police released a new composite photo of a new suspect, putting his age in his mid-20s to late-30s. Images and video on Libby German’s cellphone show a man walking across Monon High Bridge that day, wearing blue jeans, a blue jacket and a hat. Police also release a recording, taken from Libby’s phone, of a man saying, “Guys, down the hill.”

Police also said Monday that they were looking for information about a car parking in an abandoned CPS building parking lot, at 6931 W. 300 North in Delphi, between noon and 5 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2017. Police did not give details about make, model, color or other features of the car. The building has since been demolished.

Same. I flipflop so hard on this I'm gonna give myself whiplash.

A bit more info on that "new sketch". It's apparently "not the same guy". But really, yes, it's just an updated version of who they think the suspect is.

On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person.

Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.”

According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.”

In ISP’s attempt to clarify on Wednesday, Riley wrote that investigators’ initial belief that “a person in the age range of his 40s to 50s was a person of interest in this murder investigation.”

“Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed,” ISP’s release said, “it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22 more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.”

The new sketch features what police called a man with “a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20s to late-30s.”

THE SUSPECT: Police continue to look for a white male between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-10, weighing 180 to 200 pounds, with reddish brown hair. On Monday, Indiana State Police released a new composite photo of a new suspect, putting his age in his mid-20s to late-30s. Images and video on Libby German’s cellphone show a man walking across Monon High Bridge that day, wearing blue jeans, a blue jacket and a hat. Police also release a recording, taken from Libby’s phone, of a man saying, “Guys, down the hill.”

Police also said Monday that they were looking for information about a car parking in an abandoned CPS building parking lot, at 6931 W. 300 North in Delphi, between noon and 5 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2017. Police did not give details about make, model, color or other features of the car. The building has since been demolished.

I agree. This is a case I can go in 100 different directions for thoughts. The information released and the new sketch is actually more confusing than helpful or it is to me anyhow.

This may well be the most discussed case of many because it simply makes no sense and it is hard to believe with video, people on the trail, etc. and the short time period that no one saw anything or enough to lead to an arrest.

I forget if they gave a reason. IIRC, it may have been based on new information they'd received.

I am positive I read that LE had asked both NASA and The Walt Disney Studios to use their technology clarify/enhance the video of the killer's face. New Sketch is the actual face of the killer after the video was enhanced.

Just MOO and MOO alone: The New Sketch looks sort of feminine, in a butchy way (no offense meant to anyone.) I Think the killer is much thinner than those bulky clothes make them appear. The though has crossed my mind -Is New Sketch that of a woman? Most women when they walk, have that little hip swing/butt wiggle thing going on. If a woman was trying to dress/walk/look like a male as a disguise, wouldn't they try to stop their natural hip swing/butt wiggle way of walk, as that would be a giveaway that the person walking was female.? Maybe disguise their walk by trying to keep their hips still, and locking one of their legs at the knee as they walked, so it appeared to be a type of limp? Ladies, if you are reading this, try locking one leg and then walking as an experiment.

I know it's a wild idea, but I thought I would throw it out there. I have a habit of thinking way outside the box a lot of the time.
1581470578558.png

Face of a double killer- Delphi Indiana murders-February 13, 2017

I am positive I read that LE had asked both NASA and The Walt Disney Studios to use their technology clarify/enhance the video of the killer's face. New Sketch is the actual face of the killer after the video was enhanced.

Just MOO and MOO alone: The New Sketch looks sort of feminine, in a butchy way (no offense meant to anyone.) I Think the killer is much thinner than those bulky clothes make them appear. The though has crossed my mind -Is New Sketch that of a woman? Most women when they walk, have that little hip swing/butt wiggle thing going on. If a woman was trying to dress/walk/look like a male as a disguise, wouldn't they try to stop their natural hip swing/butt wiggle way of walk, as that would be a giveaway that the person walking was female.? Maybe disguise their walk by trying to keep their hips still, and locking one of their legs at the knee as they walked, so it appeared to be a type of limp? Ladies, if you are reading this, try locking one leg and then walking as an experiment.

I know it's a wild idea, but I thought I would throw it out there. I have a habit of thinking way outside the box a lot of the time.
View attachment 462

Interesting thought...

View attachment 462

It would be worth it to give it to the tip line. Make sure they know you don't know this, but are just looking at it a different way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom