LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I am posting this because it is a three part expose by Murder Sheet about what has been going on. Reading the Reddit comments gives an idea but it sounds really unethical to me. As we are not going to be able to follow this 3 day court session we may want to look at these episodes while we are waiting.

Well, not sure I am going to see this any time soon. I may start one episode but as of right now, can't, we will see.

I did just read all the comments and the descriptors of the episodes/summaries, etc.

I'm not ONE BIT surprised about Bob Motta. I only checked out Defense Diaries because of something said here and thought I could be fair and give a defense view of the case a chance. I watched on joint one with her and him and then not long later ran into one by just him and he totally turned me off and it seemed like an agenda. He was talking like some nut and as if stressed out, I don't even recall totally, other than what he was doing was running with the O thing and more, and I was disgusted. I hadn't watched them but for one show and so can't speak to how it always is but my thought was he was a bit unhinged without the female side of the show who wasn't present and was out of town or something.

Since then and even recently I run into him as a guest on plenty of shows, etc. and see how he normally acts. It's difficult to explain. But suffice it to say I am NOT surprised and I truly did not know who he was not was even aware of him until their whole Delphi O thing and the leak.

Barb MacDonald I've been vocal about in here already, and Motta too, all without knowing ANY of this so my instincts aren't too bad.

I have been about Weineke as well. And Baldwin and Rozzi.

I've also mentioned many a time how everyone who was so all over this case has went entirely silent, as if it doesn't even exist any longer.

It all explains a LOT. I agree with most posters without even watching the episodes if these things are true and it is what are in them. I am surprised there aren't MORE comments than there are?

The one poster could easily have been you or I but isn't of course lol, for the opinions shared on all including Baldwin and I didn't even know this sh*t but it goes to show that I don't see how anyone can miss the b.s. this defense team and their helpers are pulling and I didn't know THIS sh*t they were pulling. One also expresses being sorry for RA being stuck with a defense and their "buddies" who just ride this case for publicity AND I think I've said that plenty too.

If I picked up on all these things without even knowing all this, it shows how absolutely bad actors they all are and not as smooth as they think. I mean one can just sense there was something going on, it's like everyone just jumped on board and it seemed even the public did when they started sharing all this intentionally shared sh*t and had all these people helping do EXACTLY that and it was an agenda.

As far as I'm concerned, they should all be disbarred! For GOOD. And prosecuted.

Autopsy pics not so disturbing, didn't bother?!! Hating the families who post pictures of happy girls?

You know there's always been a them of some of these kinds of things out there or people that seem to feel this way like about the families and another thing I've thought is they send people into sites as both commenters and to spread their sh*t but I mean B & R for the most part.

Sounds all worth watching just by reading the comments.

It reconfirmed opinions I already held about many of them without knowing all this. And I have not even watched them.

Interesting about the RL thing being pushed by MacDonald. The one poster wonders why D didn't go with RL as a defense. I can only say because they have the discovery they know he isn't a viable suspect is my guess and maybe even add in that it wouldn't have been as sensational and overtaking people's thoughts and sanity for this intentional game played on everyone as the RL theory would be.

I could go on and on just on the comments there was to what apparently is said in these episodes and the take on them which matches things I've seen, sensed, etc. I know you don't get a lot of time either but you probably are more likely to watch or start to before I can. Please share your takes.

The post you made about this sounded to me you were talking about lack of ethics relating to MS and so when I went in, I was not expect this. I don't know why I thought this but it was the way I took your post.

They should ALL be done for and most have shut up for the most part but I see Motta appearing as some talking head expert on other shows and cases and the last couple I've seen he isn't even UP on the cases they talk about but they put him on as talking head defense expert or some such. COME ON people.

It took me seeing him twice and the second time he was acting basically unhinged or like he just could not grasp or portray this O thing to tell people how earth shattering it WAS or wrap his head around it, that's the show that turned me totally off, while whipping watchers or wanting to into a frenzy about Delphi, RA, framing, the Os, etc. all intentionally crafted now I'd say imo.

I don't even know that the public at large ever bought into it or that they don't have 1,000 people and trolls to add to chat and the comments to help try to convince people of their narrative.

The jury thing too is OUTRAGEOUS.

All this I already have to say and I haven't watched a single episode and I could say a lot more. And probably never stop...

Man, all are lucky I work these days because I'd have TONS more to say if I didn't and had the time.

I've rarely been so disgusted without even watching something yet and I get disgusted in some cases here and there a lot. This is beyond. And each and every single one using RA AND the case for their path or so they thought I guess to fame. Didn't I just say something about that recently before I even saw this...??!! I know I have before, but was saying how politics are in this case, trying to unseat the judge, other defense attorneys or the public defender's assn. coming in and taking a stance, Weineke and more. Might have been further back than I think.

I'll end with this was the most discussed case for years on the internet and with YT and FB and all channels and more and it's like no one almost will touch it with a ten foot pole now. Very notable.

And WHY is no one sharing what is going on in these hearings and attending? I mean are there local reporters even doing so? ANYONE?

You know if this is the kind of blackout we will see when trial finally gets underway, that is going to BITE big time.

Not that I get time to go search for someone covering it, maybe someone is and I just don't know it. I mean I don't get it, look at Nate's coverage with Daybell, and EVEN if he couldn't have tweeted etc. from the courtroom, he would have given a nightly synopsis of what went on from his notes, memory and all.

It's interesting and would appear B & R maybe finally had to proceed at least with these decisions which I am sure will come later and these hearings. The recent slapdown from the ISC maybe because I fully expected more BS to come up and perhaps may even still over these three days...

You know, these people are all idiots too, they can't get a filing or the law right. At times I've questioned if they could all be that stupid, or it is put on as underpaid and understaffed and sympathetic defense attorneys and public defenders.

RA and the case are being used, pure and simple, and I've said so before. Many times. Again without knowing most of this.

I just saw Bobbyyyyyy Motta on something the other day, unfortunately a show I like I think, I forget which one but he was on about a different case and again I don't think was very up on it, just agreed to appear as a guest and defense attorney. I THINK it was either on Kohberger or Soto. I did watch it all to see him act almost like a responsible normal adult as the second show of Defense Diaries I ever watched gave me a terrible opinion of him re Delphi and how he was "acting" and now I know why. All planned, all intentional.

And again I haven't even watched an episode yet so it would seem to be an uninformed opinion but it actually explain tons of what I've seen in this case in the last months....

Again like I said I could go on forever. Didn't even mention the trying to take Gull out thing.

Well, not sure I am going to see this any time soon. I may start one episode but as of right now, can't, we will see.

I did just read all the comments and the descriptors of the episodes/summaries, etc.

I'm not ONE BIT surprised about Bob Motta. I only checked out Defense Diaries because of something said here and thought I could be fair and give a defense view of the case a chance. I watched on joint one with her and him and then not long later ran into one by just him and he totally turned me off and it seemed like an agenda. He was talking like some nut and as if stressed out, I don't even recall totally, other than what he was doing was running with the O thing and more, and I was disgusted. I hadn't watched them but for one show and so can't speak to how it always is but my thought was he was a bit unhinged without the female side of the show who wasn't present and was out of town or something.

Since then and even recently I run into him as a guest on plenty of shows, etc. and see how he normally acts. It's difficult to explain. But suffice it to say I am NOT surprised and I truly did not know who he was not was even aware of him until their whole Delphi O thing and the leak.

Barb MacDonald I've been vocal about in here already, and Motta too, all without knowing ANY of this so my instincts aren't too bad.

I have been about Weineke as well. And Baldwin and Rozzi.

I've also mentioned many a time how everyone who was so all over this case has went entirely silent, as if it doesn't even exist any longer.

It all explains a LOT. I agree with most posters without even watching the episodes if these things are true and it is what are in them. I am surprised there aren't MORE comments than there are?

The one poster could easily have been you or I but isn't of course lol, for the opinions shared on all including Baldwin and I didn't even know this sh*t but it goes to show that I don't see how anyone can miss the b.s. this defense team and their helpers are pulling and I didn't know THIS sh*t they were pulling. One also expresses being sorry for RA being stuck with a defense and their "buddies" who just ride this case for publicity AND I think I've said that plenty too.

If I picked up on all these things without even knowing all this, it shows how absolutely bad actors they all are and not as smooth as they think. I mean one can just sense there was something going on, it's like everyone just jumped on board and it seemed even the public did when they started sharing all this intentionally shared sh*t and had all these people helping do EXACTLY that and it was an agenda.

As far as I'm concerned, they should all be disbarred! For GOOD. And prosecuted.

Autopsy pics not so disturbing, didn't bother?!! Hating the families who post pictures of happy girls?

You know there's always been a them of some of these kinds of things out there or people that seem to feel this way like about the families and another thing I've thought is they send people into sites as both commenters and to spread their sh*t but I mean B & R for the most part.

Sounds all worth watching just by reading the comments.

It reconfirmed opinions I already held about many of them without knowing all this. And I have not even watched them.

Interesting about the RL thing being pushed by MacDonald. The one poster wonders why D didn't go with RL as a defense. I can only say because they have the discovery they know he isn't a viable suspect is my guess and maybe even add in that it wouldn't have been as sensational and overtaking people's thoughts and sanity for this intentional game played on everyone as the RL theory would be.

I could go on and on just on the comments there was to what apparently is said in these episodes and the take on them which matches things I've seen, sensed, etc. I know you don't get a lot of time either but you probably are more likely to watch or start to before I can. Please share your takes.

The post you made about this sounded to me you were talking about lack of ethics relating to MS and so when I went in, I was not expect this. I don't know why I thought this but it was the way I took your post.

They should ALL be done for and most have shut up for the most part but I see Motta appearing as some talking head expert on other shows and cases and the last couple I've seen he isn't even UP on the cases they talk about but they put him on as talking head defense expert or some such. COME ON people.

It took me seeing him twice and the second time he was acting basically unhinged or like he just could not grasp or portray this O thing to tell people how earth shattering it WAS or wrap his head around it, that's the show that turned me totally off, while whipping watchers or wanting to into a frenzy about Delphi, RA, framing, the Os, etc. all intentionally crafted now I'd say imo.

I don't even know that the public at large ever bought into it or that they don't have 1,000 people and trolls to add to chat and the comments to help try to convince people of their narrative.

The jury thing too is OUTRAGEOUS.

All this I already have to say and I haven't watched a single episode and I could say a lot more. And probably never stop...

Man, all are lucky I work these days because I'd have TONS more to say if I didn't and had the time.

I've rarely been so disgusted without even watching something yet and I get disgusted in some cases here and there a lot. This is beyond. And each and every single one using RA AND the case for their path or so they thought I guess to fame. Didn't I just say something about that recently before I even saw this...??!! I know I have before, but was saying how politics are in this case, trying to unseat the judge, other defense attorneys or the public defender's assn. coming in and taking a stance, Weineke and more. Might have been further back than I think.

I'll end with this was the most discussed case for years on the internet and with YT and FB and all channels and more and it's like no one almost will touch it with a ten foot pole now. Very notable.

And WHY is no one sharing what is going on in these hearings and attending? I mean are there local reporters even doing so? ANYONE?

You know if this is the kind of blackout we will see when trial finally gets underway, that is going to BITE big time.

Not that I get time to go search for someone covering it, maybe someone is and I just don't know it. I mean I don't get it, look at Nate's coverage with Daybell, and EVEN if he couldn't have tweeted etc. from the courtroom, he would have given a nightly synopsis of what went on from his notes, memory and all.

It's interesting and would appear B & R maybe finally had to proceed at least with these decisions which I am sure will come later and these hearings. The recent slapdown from the ISC maybe because I fully expected more BS to come up and perhaps may even still over these three days...

You know, these people are all idiots too, they can't get a filing or the law right. At times I've questioned if they could all be that stupid, or it is put on as underpaid and understaffed and sympathetic defense attorneys and public defenders.

RA and the case are being used, pure and simple, and I've said so before. Many times. Again without knowing most of this.

I just saw Bobbyyyyyy Motta on something the other day, unfortunately a show I like I think, I forget which one but he was on about a different case and again I don't think was very up on it, just agreed to appear as a guest and defense attorney. I THINK it was either on Kohberger or Soto. I did watch it all to see him act almost like a responsible normal adult as the second show of Defense Diaries I ever watched gave me a terrible opinion of him re Delphi and how he was "acting" and now I know why. All planned, all intentional.

And again I haven't even watched an episode yet so it would seem to be an uninformed opinion but it actually explain tons of what I've seen in this case in the last months....

Again like I said I could go on forever. Didn't even mention the trying to take Gull out thing.
I have listened to Episode 1 and am disgusted with how these people have been behaving. Amateurs attempting to defend someone in such an unprofessional manner. I don't know if I can tolerate another two episodes but MS are exposing them all. I want to clarify they are podcasts only and can be listened to while doing other stuff.

The abuse of Judge Gull is disgusting. They also abuse McCleland. There appears to be no professionalism in these people involved in the defence team. In fact they even verbally abuse their own side. The Payit was apparently a farce and they don't even know if they can access the funds legally because of how it was set up.

Our prior doubts about the D appear to be justified. Theres is too much to be able to describe in a post but unprofessional is too kind of an adjective to describe them. They erbally abused the families. They even abuse MS and I love how MS deal with that near the end of podcast 1.

I can understand why everything has gone so quiet on the internet now. You have said this yourself.

I see you have picked up a lot of it just from reading the comments. I will listen to the other two episodes when I can.

Last edited:
I have listened to Episode 1 and am disgusted with how these people have been behaving. Amateurs attempting to defend someone in such an unprofessional manner. I don't know if I can tolerate another two episodes but MS are exposing them all. I want to clarify they are podcasts only and can be listened to while doing other stuff.

The abuse of Judge Gull is disgusting. They also abuse McCleland. There appears to be no professionalism in these people involved in the defence team. In fact they even verbally abuse their own side. The Payit was apparently a farce and they don't even know if they can access the funds legally because of how it was set up.

Our prior doubts about the D appear to be justified. Theres is too much to be able to describe in a post but unprofessional is too kind of an adjective to describe them. They even erbally abused the families. They even abuse MS and I love how MS deal with that near the end of podcast 1.

I can understand why everything has gone so quiet on the internet now. You have said this yourself.

I see you have picked up a lot of it just from reading the comments. I will listen to the other two episodes when I can.
I read every single comment and I think it wasn't hard to pick up on it because my instinct has been screaming similar things at me for a long time now, these people are more obvious than they think. Of course that doesn't mean I've listened or heard all this because I have yet to do so but it just ALL FITS. I am sure I will hear plenty I didn't know but again IT FITS what I've been seeing for some time now.

I didn't even know they were necessarily connected but I picked up on Motta but figured he was just a nut out for views and so on. Or because he is a defense lawyer just glomming onto it as well.

Even if just a podcast (I prefer videos), I am not going to get time to watch any or listen today but the comments alone tell a lot. The one person said how he or she head to rewatch the second one I think it was because there was so darned much to take in.

I'm serious in that all who are lawyers here should be disbarred and that's if just the comments alone are true. Like I said, I could go on and on at length and that's with even just hearing that much. I've seen things for months and yes, just that instant SILENCE which still goes on and let me tell you, it isn't only the named ones either. Some major YTers now seems to stay away from it, at least compared to what they WERE doing. Grizzly is one. She jumped RIGHT on the RA ship and defense ship and O thing. Gray who arguably Delphi has been his BIGGEST case and draw always, pretty quiet. Not entirely all of the entire and he didn't jump at the O thing on board but it's like almost no one will touch it much at all any longer EVEN when there is news.

Of course I mention Tom a lot and he's the only one that at least I know of who keeps up with it and does regular shows on it.

Even Vinnie and the rest and Court TV were doing a lot of sensational after the O thing and hype and they too have went PRETTY silent. For a couple it may just be they don't want to be wondered about it not involved and are just stepping away some from it. But man, one can't miss the silence, for months now out there. This case was arguably one of the MOST covered.

RA made a really bad choice keeping these two but when others are part of it like Weineke who are you going to end up with if not...

SMFH. And again, haven't watched a bit yet. Or listened I guess as the case may be if no video.

Well, well, well. Most threads here are dead quiet and it's dead out there as to most cases I follow and so I decided someone HAS to be attending and reporting on Delphi no? I mean the hearings are going ON.

So did a quick search and yes, some news stations are, I'm sure ones that were not involved in the leaks, pictures and agenda I'd think.

I even looked for "news" so people couldn't say it was YT but then MOST smart news now takes one to YT and that's where this one was, didn't know it when I went in.

So it is going on, they have someone attending, etc. And there were others, this one I believe was from a couple of hours ago, another I haven't looked at from seven hours ago, etc.

Prosecution, etc. DID not object to RA being moved to Cass County for trial. So how about that...?

Seen no news here on all this and none out there and had to search for such.

I hope all will remember though if ANYTHING happens to him there, they wanted it and ALSO if yelling about services not being the same, etc. Hopefully they are not so dumb as to do so but then we've seen I'm sorry, But Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest and beyond in this case.

Want everything dismissed or not allowed to be used due to failure to turn over evidence and making it hard for them to locate if they did. They went to court with thousands of pages of docs. I forget what else. They didn't give a bias or show one. So give them that compared to what has been going on with the D and their buddies, so I'll give this station that. All day hearings it think said tomorrow, etc. No decisions being made right now.

This is only about two minutes but at least someone attended and covered it and again, there are other either articles out there or like most smart news today, the link of the news leads you to a YT news broadcast.

So if anyone wants to look at others it only took a quick search to find someone reporting on today. This was probably the most active case until Read here, and of course Daybell was. And now we have REAL court hearings going on.

Just over two minutes.

Tomorrow will be arguments about keeping confessions out and more and an all day thing.

I wish Nate could have flown here and covered it and anyone was TWEETING at all? IS anyone? I don't do X but did read all when Daybell was going on as a way to keep up and see moment by moment what was up. Or was it forbidden? Does anyone even know? I'm sure notes aren't and Tweeting later...?

Here is another local, just over two minutes barely. Indianapolis also with a reporter attending. I'm going to subscribe to both at least through this.

Linked first, haven't watched yet.

Here is another local, just over two minutes barely. Indianapolis also with a reporter attending. I'm going to subscribe to both at least through this.

Linked first, haven't watched yet.

Another news station whose link took my straight to YT.

Now they say a little different about what P had to say about a move to Cass County but would be the same things I thought as to if they agreed or didn't argue it. Sounds like they DID point out some things, didn't see that in the first one.

No cameras or electronic devices. That would explain no Tweetts. She will rule on all in coming days. THIS one is a little less milk toast. I was happy to find the first one but this one says more about what each side said even though I doubt two minutes encompasses it all. Still unbiased but there share a little more "meat" to what each side says or claims.

The P said they are expected to spoon feed the D as to how to find documents they lost or claim not to have when it's the same system they use to organize their files. And shouldn't have to. Paraphrasing. And they have before had something they simply did not know they had that's been provided three times as I recall it or so the other side claims and I am going to guess there is proof of sending such more than once. Because both of the claims by D kind of show that. Oh we didn't get it but then it's we can't find it because of the way it's labeled which does NOT mean they didn't get it, etc.

They couldn't find a needle in a haystack. Imho.

CBS4 Indy. Also straight to YT and I did NOT search for YT videos, I searched for news. I am impressed though at how many news orgs have gotten smart and know they need to start doing this.

I dare say it is a bigger platform than those on the local, on TV, etc. or on CBS, etc.

Guessing these are going to be our likely go to sources for trial unless someone goes who does a longer report from notes each night, etc.

Liggett says don't care where Allen is at for trial so more like the first report. Says I don't care where he's at he can't be with mine is the way it sounds the reporters says. Before that Liggett or the P said per this reporter, he has been in two county jails and two prisons since arrest for his own safekeeping. The last one said something about them saying he isn't going to have the same medical care, etc. at Cass.

This reporter started out in my opinion a little biased for the D saying the D hopes the ruling against and lack of decisions (paraphrasing) by Gull which is confusing or some such will change. I'd have to listen to his sentence again on that, but something on that order.

Okay I relistened, it's short like all,, two minute or two minute plus NEWS blips of reports of the day. The D has long been "stymied" by Gulls dismissal of their motions... Okay... I think that's simplifying a few of the many motions, and what they did too and not all were dismissed. There's a difference in deciding against and dismissal or not going along with or finding enough case, like moving Allen for instance. And it fails to show the full picture at all like about well, there was the O b.s. which in and of ITSELF hit the public with attachments in it and info the public has never seen before. Accident right? And then the leak and OBVIOUS imo intentional plan.. Etc.

I haven't listened to the rest of this short one as well, just went back to relisten about Gull, etc. to get it more accurate, and moving him.

This is what happens when things aren't televised or we don't have time to watch. Chad's WAS televised but I had no time to watch, I did make a point of going back and watching certain testimony of quite a few, like of his kids. But the only time I had was little each day when live, etc. and I depended on reading Nate's Tweets Tresire shared each day live tweeting from the trial.

Here it sounds like they can't even do that because how do you tweet with NO electronic device.

But anyhow the point I am getting to is after a full day of testimony and witnesses, Nate had a nightly show and so did Linda to name two that I watched all of. Linda didn't attend but watched it all and almost all of it live, maybe all in fact, close anyhow and then went back in if she ever did miss a LITTLE bit, not even sure she did, to watch it later. And Nate said it and Linda did too and their show often differed on what they chose as the big thing of the day because there were many. Nate said how hard it was to pick ONE theme or thing when so much went on. But his nightly shows were generally an hour, he was in court all day attending and he had to pick a theme to do his nightly show and then get back the next day. Linda very similar, but their picks differed at times as the direction with a ton of testimony and witnesses each day and while she did not attend, she watched each and every bit and did a nightly or at least nextt morning show. Both I thiink were around an hour usually and both following ALL of it live.

And if you watched any of the witnesses, like Chad's kids, even Nate's rapid fire Tweeting of what is said, you will find things you didn't know from the Tweets that were said and he TRIES to get all but every remark would be impossible, etc.

So the point I am getting to is all of these links I've put up here on "news" are about two minutes and yet all these reporters attended. the hearings today. What can you pack into two minutes? You definitely have to PICK and CHOOSE. It was hard enough with an hour private show from Nate and Linda, one a reporter, the other not, but doing their own longer shows as to what to center on.

And I find each of these three so far different. I think there is one more in the first list I came up with I will likely watch and link here. THAT is news for you, what some consider real news, you don't even get an HOUR of the whole day and a recap so it is natural each would pick out different things because they ONLY have TWO MINUTES to do a news byte.

I mean maybe they have more notes for a show another day or when all over but each of them so far has differed on what they've shared other than the issues that were raised at hearing today.

Only watching live or at least getting Tweets would get better coverage EVEN if one can't watch it live at the time, recorded then as I did quite a bit in Daybell.

So these reporters sit there all day and get to share about two minutes of news where I'm sure they are expected to at least cover the subjects handled in hearings today, or argued is probably the better word, and then make it interesting enough to grab some public attention and pick just a few seconds saying this or that and the coverage is over with little know other than a summary at best and not even that of what each reporter I've linked decided to say or share since they had to pick and choose.

News at least is catching up on they better start using other platforms, most, but Nate is a reporter and I guarantee if he couldn't have an electronic device and was in there, he'd be scribbling the best notes he could and doing a nightly longer show where they still in no way can cover all in that time when they are attending every day. Of course I think Nate kind of runs his own ship and doesn't have to answer to who these reporters probably do and to who CAPS them giving them only two minutes of air time.

Nevertheless, they are the only news I've come across on today and I had to go looking for such.

Last edited:
CBS4 Indy. Also straight to YT and I did NOT search for YT videos, I searched for news. I am impressed though at how many news orgs have gotten smart and know they need to start doing this.

I dare say it is a bigger platform than those on the local, on TV, etc. or on CBS, etc.

Guessing these are going to be our likely go to sources for trial unless someone goes who does a longer report from notes each night, etc.

He seems a bit D oriented but ended it with saying nothing was discussed today of the recording on the bridge or any voice analysis by either side so that is actually in my opinion a bit the other way because if D thinks such shows it is not Allen, they would NOT be trying to get rid of it... Imo.

Fox59 but using the same reporter and coverage as CBS4. Haven't finished but doubt there will be anything different as the first seconds I've watched so far are a duplicate of the one above. Anyhow Fox 59.

It's depressing because is this all we will get each day of trial, a TWO minute coverage thing by each which one can't even really call a recap of any kind.

I guess that Gull is just listening to the arguments for the various motions and will only rule after the 3 day hearing anyway, so it's not like we will get to know anything.

I guess that Gull is just listening to the arguments for the various motions and will only rule after the 3 day hearing anyway, so it's not like we will get to know anything.
No, but one would have never known there are several reporters attending the hearings and have every right to report. Very little being shared because they are all like two minute bytes of info but at least they tell what was being argued yesterday and a bit about it, not as much as I'd like but there was nothing at all without having to go search for it.

Too bad so far no type that would do a full show on each day seems to be attending.

Is it tame or with fireworks?

Just the news that they pretty much don't care if RA is moved is news. It's like go ahead and get what you get and don't complain if so.

I doubt we will see decisions in a mere couple of days, maybe a week or two but could be wrong. She won't what to push it too long because are going in to August and trial is October.

No, but one would have never known there are several reporters attending the hearings and have every right to report. Very little being shared because they are all like two minute bytes of info but at least they tell what was being argued yesterday and a bit about it, not as much as I'd like but there was nothing at all without having to go search for it.

Too bad so far no type that would do a full show on each day seems to be attending.

Is it tame or with fireworks?

Just the news that they pretty much don't care if RA is moved is news. It's like go ahead and get what you get and don't complain if so.

I doubt we will see decisions in a mere couple of days, maybe a week or two but could be wrong. She won't what to push it too long because are going in to August and trial is October.
She's listening to the D arguing the motions and is taking them under advisement, before dismissing them LOL.

Last edited:
I searched for Russ Mcquaid and here is a written report regarding Tuesday's court session from him on MSN - News Nation.

Delphi murders case: Judge weighs motion to dismiss charges​

Story by Russ McQuaid
• 3h
DELPHI, Ind. — In what is in all likelihood a preview of the defense strategy for the October double murder trial of Delphi suspect Richard Allen, lawyers representing the man accused of killing Abby Williams and Libby German in 2017 argued motions before Judge Fran Gull today to dismiss the charges against their client, move him to a county jail and sanction the prosecutor for supposedly not turning over evidence in a coherent and timely manner.

On this first day of a three-day schedule in Carroll Circuit Court, Judge Gull said she would take the motions under advisement.

That these hearings are being held at all, and Judge Gull is expected to offer written opinions, would be a marked contrast for the contentious arguments that have pitted the defense team against both the prosecutor and the court ever since Allen was charged in October 2022.

VideoBlue.svg
Related video: Delphi Murders: Three hearings could forever change outcome of case - Midday (WISH-TV)

Critical hearings in the case of the Delphi murders are
Loaded: 11.61%

Play
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 1:43

Captions
Fullscreen

BB1oAUvS.img
WISH-TV
Delphi Murders: Three hearings could forever change outcome of case - Midday
Unmute
View on WatchView on Watch

Delphi murders case hearings to take on several key issues
The first Motion to Vacate Safekeeping Order seeks to reverse or modify an original order that saw Allen moved from the Carroll County Jail to the White County Jail to the Indiana Department of Correction’s Westville facility all within the first month after his arrest reportedly for his own protection from other inmates.

Earlier this year, Allen was moved again, this time to the Wabash Valley Correctional Facility south of Terre Haute, some 200 miles away from the office of lead defense attorney Bradley Rozzi.

Rozzi argued that the latest move is a violation of his client’s constitutional rights to counsel, makes it difficult for family and lawyers to visit Allen and subjects him to isolation in a remote location.

Carroll County Sheriff Tony Liggett, who maintains responsibility for assignment of Allen’s pre-trial detention, told the Court, “I don’t care where he’s at. He can’t be with me.”

Judge Gull said she would take under advisement the request to have Allen moved closer to home as he awaits his October 14th trial date.

The second motion heard today was a plea from the defense to direct the prosecution to provide an improved labeling and search system for the tens of thousands of lines of evidence and documents it has provided Allen’s attorney regarding the investigation into their client, compensate his lawyers for the more than $12,000 it cost them to retrieve a piece of evidence the State said it doesn’t have and force the prosecutor to fulfill discovery in a more timely manner.

“We’ve given them everything we have,” said the prosecution team. “I’ve done everything I can to spoon feed them.”

“We don’t expect to be spoon-fed,” the defense argued, instead calling for the State to abide by rules of discovery.

Judge Gull said she would take the motion under advisement.

• 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German. (Credit: Family)

13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German. (Credit: Family)© Provided by News Nation
  • A booking photo shows Richard Allen, was arrested in Oct. 2022 and charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of Abby Williams and Libby German, whose bodies were found on Feb. 14, 2017, after the girls went for a walk on the Delphi Historic Trails. (Indiana State Police via AP)

A booking photo shows Richard Allen, was arrested in Oct. 2022 and charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of Abby Williams and Libby German, whose bodies were found on Feb. 14, 2017, after the girls went for a walk on the Delphi Historic Trails. (Indiana State Police via AP)© Provided by News Nation
But the most enlightening debate took place during the afternoon session when Allen’s defense team trotted out its theory of a 3rd party responsible for the murders of Abby and Libby near the Monon High Bridge outside of Delphi on February 13, 2017.

A theory Judge Gull has so far denied introduction before the jury during the upcoming October trial.

During the morning hearing, Allen’s attorneys recounted how they were forced to travel to Georgia to retrieve a social media post they claim essential to proving their client’s innocence.

Almost immediately after the killings, Libby’s grandmother, Becky Patty, told investigators that the father of Abby’s boyfriend practiced Odinism, a Nordic pagan religion.

Internet sleuths discovered that man, investigated but not charged, had allegedly posted social media photographs of sketches and diagrams of confidential crime scene information online.

When Indiana State Police investigators didn’t have or couldn’t retrieve some of that information, one of Allen’s lawyers traveled to acquire it himself.

The prosecution has claimed that, since the man was never charged with the killings, the sketches are not exculpatory and therefore inadmissible in court.

During a hearing on a Motion to Dismiss the charges against Allen, his attorneys argued that ISP has either intentionally or inadvertently botched the investigation into the Odinism theory.

Attorney Andrew Baldwin introduced into evidence emails between ISP Superintendent Doug Carter and Jay Abbott, who was at the time the Special Agent in Charge of the Indianapolis FBI office. The emails showed investigators were “working very hard” to locate an individual deemed “Suspect #6” in the days after the killings to implicate the father of Abby’s boyfriend and Vinelanders, a group of Odinists.

Marissa Carmichael: Is missing mom a victim of trafficking?
The defense highlighted contradictions in the father’s story about whether he ever met Abby, the erasure of the recording of his first interview with investigators in February 2017, incomplete records of subsequent interviews, ISP’s decision to not seize his phone and download its information and a failure to inquire about the diagrams and sketches and social media posts linking the practice of Odinism to the murders.

Taking the stand was Kevin Murphy, a retired ISP detective who, along with two other officers, wrote a report summarizing their theory that the father and his Odinist associates should be investigated for the killings.

Murphy said that when lead ISP investigator First Sgt. Jerry Holeman learned the defense team had a copy of the report from Murphy’s group, he shouted in a courthouse hallway, “What the F…is this?” and, “How the F…did they get it?”

On the stand, now-Lt. Holeman testified that the father had been eliminated as a suspect based on an alibi for his whereabouts that day and the video evidence captured on Libby’s cell phone that afternoon as the killer approached the girls on the bridge.

“From the video, Mr. Allen told the girls to go down the hill,” he said.

Despite the proximity of the father’s family to the victims, Holeman said he didn’t think it was important to download information from the father’s cell phone, though investigators had the boyfriend’s cell phone and the cell phones of 100 others.

Off-duty deputy dies after being shot at Chicago gas station
The hearings this week are in response to defense motions and would not necessarily delve into evidence expected to be brought by the prosecution such as eyewitnesses who allegedly put Allen on the hiking trail that afternoon, a bullet found at the scene that may match Allen’s gun and voice analysis of the cell phone video.

While Baldwin admitted the defense team faced long odds in convincing Judge Gull to grant their motions based on violations of Allen’s 6th & 14th Amendment rights, the hearings are an opportunity for the lawyers to begin sewing the seeds of reasonable doubt that a jury may consider if it should find the State’s case against the defendant less than compelling.

Gull will take that motion also under advisement before reconvening court at 9 a.m. Wednesday and hearing a motion to suppress any statements Allen has made to authorities while in custody for nearly the past two years.

Copyright 2024 Nexstar Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to NewsNation.

Last edited:
I searched for Russ Mcquaid and here is a written report regarding Tuesday's court session from him on MSN - News Nation.

Delphi murders case: Judge weighs motion to dismiss charges​

Story by Russ McQuaid
• 3h
DELPHI, Ind. — In what is in all likelihood a preview of the defense strategy for the October double murder trial of Delphi suspect Richard Allen, lawyers representing the man accused of killing Abby Williams and Libby German in 2017 argued motions before Judge Fran Gull today to dismiss the charges against their client, move him to a county jail and sanction the prosecutor for supposedly not turning over evidence in a coherent and timely manner.

On this first day of a three-day schedule in Carroll Circuit Court, Judge Gull said she would take the motions under advisement.

That these hearings are being held at all, and Judge Gull is expected to offer written opinions, would be a marked contrast for the contentious arguments that have pitted the defense team against both the prosecutor and the court ever since Allen was charged in October 2022.

VideoBlue.svg
Related video: Delphi Murders: Three hearings could forever change outcome of case - Midday (WISH-TV)

Critical hearings in the case of the Delphi murders are
Loaded: 11.61%

Play
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 1:43

Captions
Fullscreen

BB1oAUvS.img
WISH-TV
Delphi Murders: Three hearings could forever change outcome of case - Midday
Unmute
View on WatchView on Watch

Delphi murders case hearings to take on several key issues
The first Motion to Vacate Safekeeping Order seeks to reverse or modify an original order that saw Allen moved from the Carroll County Jail to the White County Jail to the Indiana Department of Correction’s Westville facility all within the first month after his arrest reportedly for his own protection from other inmates.

Earlier this year, Allen was moved again, this time to the Wabash Valley Correctional Facility south of Terre Haute, some 200 miles away from the office of lead defense attorney Bradley Rozzi.

Rozzi argued that the latest move is a violation of his client’s constitutional rights to counsel, makes it difficult for family and lawyers to visit Allen and subjects him to isolation in a remote location.

Carroll County Sheriff Tony Liggett, who maintains responsibility for assignment of Allen’s pre-trial detention, told the Court, “I don’t care where he’s at. He can’t be with me.”

Judge Gull said she would take under advisement the request to have Allen moved closer to home as he awaits his October 14th trial date.

The second motion heard today was a plea from the defense to direct the prosecution to provide an improved labeling and search system for the tens of thousands of lines of evidence and documents it has provided Allen’s attorney regarding the investigation into their client, compensate his lawyers for the more than $12,000 it cost them to retrieve a piece of evidence the State said it doesn’t have and force the prosecutor to fulfill discovery in a more timely manner.

“We’ve given them everything we have,” said the prosecution team. “I’ve done everything I can to spoon feed them.”

“We don’t expect to be spoon-fed,” the defense argued, instead calling for the State to abide by rules of discovery.

Judge Gull said she would take the motion under advisement.

• 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German. (Credit: Family)

13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German. (Credit: Family)© Provided by News Nation
  • A booking photo shows Richard Allen, was arrested in Oct. 2022 and charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of Abby Williams and Libby German, whose bodies were found on Feb. 14, 2017, after the girls went for a walk on the Delphi Historic Trails. (Indiana State Police via AP)

A booking photo shows Richard Allen, was arrested in Oct. 2022 and charged with two counts of murder in the deaths of Abby Williams and Libby German, whose bodies were found on Feb. 14, 2017, after the girls went for a walk on the Delphi Historic Trails. (Indiana State Police via AP)© Provided by News Nation
But the most enlightening debate took place during the afternoon session when Allen’s defense team trotted out its theory of a 3rd party responsible for the murders of Abby and Libby near the Monon High Bridge outside of Delphi on February 13, 2017.

A theory Judge Gull has so far denied introduction before the jury during the upcoming October trial.

During the morning hearing, Allen’s attorneys recounted how they were forced to travel to Georgia to retrieve a social media post they claim essential to proving their client’s innocence.

Almost immediately after the killings, Libby’s grandmother, Becky Patty, told investigators that the father of Abby’s boyfriend practiced Odinism, a Nordic pagan religion.

Internet sleuths discovered that man, investigated but not charged, had allegedly posted social media photographs of sketches and diagrams of confidential crime scene information online.

When Indiana State Police investigators didn’t have or couldn’t retrieve some of that information, one of Allen’s lawyers traveled to acquire it himself.

The prosecution has claimed that, since the man was never charged with the killings, the sketches are not exculpatory and therefore inadmissible in court.

During a hearing on a Motion to Dismiss the charges against Allen, his attorneys argued that ISP has either intentionally or inadvertently botched the investigation into the Odinism theory.

Attorney Andrew Baldwin introduced into evidence emails between ISP Superintendent Doug Carter and Jay Abbott, who was at the time the Special Agent in Charge of the Indianapolis FBI office. The emails showed investigators were “working very hard” to locate an individual deemed “Suspect #6” in the days after the killings to implicate the father of Abby’s boyfriend and Vinelanders, a group of Odinists.

Marissa Carmichael: Is missing mom a victim of trafficking?
The defense highlighted contradictions in the father’s story about whether he ever met Abby, the erasure of the recording of his first interview with investigators in February 2017, incomplete records of subsequent interviews, ISP’s decision to not seize his phone and download its information and a failure to inquire about the diagrams and sketches and social media posts linking the practice of Odinism to the murders.

Taking the stand was Kevin Murphy, a retired ISP detective who, along with two other officers, wrote a report summarizing their theory that the father and his Odinist associates should be investigated for the killings.

Murphy said that when lead ISP investigator First Sgt. Jerry Holeman learned the defense team had a copy of the report from Murphy’s group, he shouted in a courthouse hallway, “What the F…is this?” and, “How the F…did they get it?”

On the stand, now-Lt. Holeman testified that the father had been eliminated as a suspect based on an alibi for his whereabouts that day and the video evidence captured on Libby’s cell phone that afternoon as the killer approached the girls on the bridge.

“From the video, Mr. Allen told the girls to go down the hill,” he said.

Despite the proximity of the father’s family to the victims, Holeman said he didn’t think it was important to download information from the father’s cell phone, though investigators had the boyfriend’s cell phone and the cell phones of 100 others.

Off-duty deputy dies after being shot at Chicago gas station
The hearings this week are in response to defense motions and would not necessarily delve into evidence expected to be brought by the prosecution such as eyewitnesses who allegedly put Allen on the hiking trail that afternoon, a bullet found at the scene that may match Allen’s gun and voice analysis of the cell phone video.

While Baldwin admitted the defense team faced long odds in convincing Judge Gull to grant their motions based on violations of Allen’s 6th & 14th Amendment rights, the hearings are an opportunity for the lawyers to begin sewing the seeds of reasonable doubt that a jury may consider if it should find the State’s case against the defendant less than compelling.

Gull will take that motion also under advisement before reconvening court at 9 a.m. Wednesday and hearing a motion to suppress any statements Allen has made to authorities while in custody for nearly the past two years.

Copyright 2024 Nexstar Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to NewsNation.
Why does one have to travel to retrieve a social media post?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom