LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Abigail Williams & Liberty German Memorial Park set to open in 2021​

A park built to honor two young girls who were killed as they went for a walk in Delphi is on track to open in early 2021.

Playground equipment is going up at the Abigail Williams & Liberty German Memorial Park.

"We've always said this is a legacy of life," said Diane Erskin, Abigail's grandmother. "We don't want headstones. That's not what we had planned for them. Plans of life and growing up, and so they're not going to be here physically, but spiritually and emotionally. This will be the place where we think of Abby and Libby the most, I think."

'Praying 2021 is the year': Sister of Delphi murder victim pleads for help catching her killer as hunt continues for that mystery man spotted near murder scene four years ago​

The older sister of Libby German, one of the two girls who were murdered in Delphi, Indiana, in 2017, is hoping that 2021 will be the year the killer is finally caught.

Kelsi German took to Twitter on Sunday to wish her younger sister 'a happy heavenly birthday.' Liberty 'Libby' German would have turned 18 year old on that day.

'You’re having the most glorious birthday, but we wish you were here celebrating with us. I miss you tons,' Kelsi wrote. 'Praying 2021 is the year. #abbyandlibby #letssolvethis.'

3-D video brings life-like perspective to Delphi murder scene​

The new CrimeDoor app created an augmented reality video of the moments before Libby German and Abby Williams were killed.

Nearly four years after the murders of two girls in Delphi, new technology is providing a new look at a crime that took the lives of teenagers Abby Williams and Libby German.

The grainy video of the suspected killer walking toward the girls was used to create a three-dimensional augmented reality video of the crime scene.

The video looks life-like. Libby's older sister, Kelsi, calls it intense.

"It is like you are standing on the bridge with them out there seeing this," she said.

There's the suspect approaching Libby. Her phone is out, recording a video, her best friend Abby at her side.

"It really brought into perspective what they were seeing and the person being there gave me a perspective of what he looked like," Kelsi said.

"It is another tool," Holes said. "It's another source of information that could potentially give Kelsi and her family and Abby's family an answer."

3-D video brings life-like perspective to Delphi murder scene​

The new CrimeDoor app created an augmented reality video of the moments before Libby German and Abby Williams were killed.

Nearly four years after the murders of two girls in Delphi, new technology is providing a new look at a crime that took the lives of teenagers Abby Williams and Libby German.

The grainy video of the suspected killer walking toward the girls was used to create a three-dimensional augmented reality video of the crime scene.

The video looks life-like. Libby's older sister, Kelsi, calls it intense.

"It is like you are standing on the bridge with them out there seeing this," she said.

There's the suspect approaching Libby. Her phone is out, recording a video, her best friend Abby at her side.

"It really brought into perspective what they were seeing and the person being there gave me a perspective of what he looked like," Kelsi said.

"It is another tool," Holes said. "It's another source of information that could potentially give Kelsi and her family and Abby's family an answer."

I honestly don't know what I think of this. Very creative and a different visual for sure, not that it would help catch anyone or solve it from what I saw. I thought, unless I missed something, that many think he may have got a hold of Abby on the bridge possibly, do we know she was standing behind Libby? I have followed the case extensively but not a lot recently.

It frustrates me as it probably does many, many people. If LE is nowhere near to solving this or having someone strongly in their sights, in my opinion it is time they release a lot more of what they have, even if not all before even more time passes and people's memories grow dimmer. I fail to understand why they are not trying a genetic DNA thing unless they have sh*t for DNA which is also debated...

Feb. 13 to mark 4 years since murder of 2 Indiana girls​

This month marks four years since two girls were murdered in Delphi, Indiana.

On Feb. 13, 2017, Abby Williams and Libby German disappeared after being dropped off near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi. The next day, police found the girls dead.

No one has been arrested in the case despite police releasing a picture, a sketch and an audio clip of the suspect.

Indiana State Police said there is still a dedicated team working the case, including Carroll County detectives, two state police detectives and other officers.

Anyone with additional information is asked to contact the task force by email: Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or phone. The telephone tip line is 844-459-5786. Tips are also accepted by the ISP at 800-382-7537, or by the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at 765-564-2413.

This is one case, I just can't help but wonder if there is/was a cover-up or something bigger to it. I don't know what I mean exactly but there seem to at times be things one could interpret that way but we can also interpret that in any case as maybe incompetence or screw-ups as well... The thing is, to me, there is and should be so much evidence. We know of course of the video and voice, and we have not even heard or seen all of it apparently, but even the scene and the girls, I mean although they still hold back details it sounds pretty up close and there were two victims.

It seems very hard to believe someone who did this and made it through killing two would only have killed this one time and never before or again. If that is the case, and he has not, then it would seem to be personal wouldn't it?

I don't know.

This is one case, I just can't help but wonder if there is/was a cover-up or something bigger to it. I don't know what I mean exactly but there seem to at times be things one could interpret that way but we can also interpret that in any case as maybe incompetence or screw-ups as well... The thing is, to me, there is and should be so much evidence. We know of course of the video and voice, and we have not even heard or seen all of it apparently, but even the scene and the girls, I mean although they still hold back details it sounds pretty up close and there were two victims.

It seems very hard to believe someone who did this and made it through killing two would only have killed this one time and never before or again. If that is the case, and he has not, then it would seem to be personal wouldn't it?

I don't know.
I agree with you.

I also think they need to release more information.

Four years later: Delphi murder families turning grief into positivity while keeping hope for justice​

We are approaching the four year anniversary of murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German in Delphi. One week from Sunday marks four years since the girls' bodies were found.

The families still have no answer as to who is responsible for this tragedy, but they continue to have hope and to channel their grief into something positive.

This would have been the girls' senior year at Delphi Community High School. Their fellow 2021 classmates made sure they weren't forgotten by painting a parking spot in their honor.

The families said they keep in touch with investigators every few months, if only just for reassurance that tips are still coming in and they are still working on leads. ISP did confirm that Superintendent Doug Carter met with the families this past week, as he has done every year since the girls were killed.

ISP's definition of a cold case is when five years have passed with no new tips or leads. With tips being received daily, ISP said this is far from being considered a cold case investigation.

Four years later: Delphi murder families turning grief into positivity while keeping hope for justice​

We are approaching the four year anniversary of murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German in Delphi. One week from Sunday marks four years since the girls' bodies were found.

The families still have no answer as to who is responsible for this tragedy, but they continue to have hope and to channel their grief into something positive.

This would have been the girls' senior year at Delphi Community High School. Their fellow 2021 classmates made sure they weren't forgotten by painting a parking spot in their honor.

The families said they keep in touch with investigators every few months, if only just for reassurance that tips are still coming in and they are still working on leads. ISP did confirm that Superintendent Doug Carter met with the families this past week, as he has done every year since the girls were killed.

ISP's definition of a cold case is when five years have passed with no new tips or leads. With tips being received daily, ISP said this is far from being considered a cold case investigation.
If anyone is interested, Kelsi German is going to be on live I think it is tonight on the 321 Report on Youtube.

This new look might help to identify this man I hope it does or at least gives just enough of a push in the right direction to get some more leads coming in for the family. I can't believe it has been this long and still no closer to finding the person responsible. Although, I understand holding back some evidence for the sake of building a strong case but at this point I think they need to release more of that video and audio. It may just be the key to solving this and getting this killer off the streets. Such a sad case.

This new look might help to identify this man I hope it does or at least gives just enough of a push in the right direction to get some more leads coming in for the family. I can't believe it has been this long and still no closer to finding the person responsible. Although, I understand holding back some evidence for the sake of building a strong case but at this point I think they need to release more of that video and audio. It may just be the key to solving this and getting this killer off the streets. Such a sad case.

Very cool, I hope that helps.

I can’t think of a reason why they need to hold it back at this point, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom