LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, the girls would have ordinarily been in school and so I wonder if the fact that school was out could be the reason Allen was also there at that particular time and day.
I've never been able to see the KK thing as anything more than a coincidence.

PS, I hope you're having a great day!
I can't dismiss the KK thing entirely. It's just too uncanny he was trying to meet L at the trails... At minimum were these girls looking to meet someone, anyone at the trails even... Or hope someone would be there... That age well... Meaning 13, them.

I'm not saying RA and KK are connected, I have pretty much dismissed that but then who knows... However, they were already falling for one false account... It's just odd and as often happens with us, I don't see how you can dismiss it as only coincidence lol. Again I don't mean RA and KK were even connected or knew each other, I'm just wondering if the girls' activities online or even in life and sharing their plans or hoped for plans of what they wanted to do played in... Where someone knew, overheard, someone else shared it...

he was off that day pretty sure, I always wondered, have heard he was, I think Tresir ha said he was but I saw it somewhere else in the last week or two that I took to probably be fact. What she did say about him possibly being off Sunday and Monday and working Tues through Sat is a real possibility with retail. Or even not set days off but weekends are always a must generally or at least you work one day of such. Where I'm at you are required to work half the weekends. Now you can do that by taking all Saturdays instead of every other weekend, or all Sundays instead of. I take EVERY weekend as its higher pay but that does not let anyone else off as it is a REQUIREMENT you work half of them. I trade giving me and working every single weekend for two SET days off in a row, Thurs and Fri. and in exchange for the rare time I ask for a weekend off (pretty rare I do), that I get it.

This also applies to part timers, and minors (high school) you have to work 1/2 the weekends. I know more than a couple who take every Saturday because they want Sunday off for church or family or both.

TMI because it really doesn't matter I guess but can give some insight into it so am doing. Not sure about CVS but I know this. Our department mgrs have a higher burden although they get more perks and other things that I guess they can decide if worth it. Pretty much a department manager has to be on at opening and at closing, ALWAYS. To put the money in the safe the biggest one, see to it the department is cleared, hell ensure all out, even employees eventually, doors locked, etc. and we are a bigger facility by far than any CVS. Both are open 7 days a week I'm sure and nights too.

Oh AND all have to be willing to work some nights. Doesn't mean you will in that case but need to be available and do so if asked for at least two. Managers too, maybek more for them, not sure.

Department managers I mean. The GMs (four) are a different story. Four in our store. Four department managers in my department as well.

Anyhow, my I guess long-winded point is he was full time I'm sure. And it has sounded like from more than one account his going to be a pharm tech wasn't so much about filling prescriptions which he can only do I'm sure if a pharmacist is on staff but he COULD go pull the tills, dispense money if someone was out of 5s, things like that. That's a head cahier in our store OR a department manager but again CVS is way smaller physical store.

I doubt just per our rules that if he did not work every weekend that he had two full days off and I also doubt certain nights off, etc. It varies every schedule with us but I get my two weekdays in a row because I work every weekend. Even then it is not guaranteed. They will schedule you when they need you if all of a sudden a few quit or something. It's only happend once or twice in a year and a half (been there two) that I didn't get those two days.

I guess I always have to have one I go on with or unwind with... SORRY.

And the could do it totally differen but Monday could be a usual day off for him but I wouldn't count on it. I get weekdays off as I work every full two day weekend.

All just guessing it it is retail and I'd imagine quite a bit of it is the same.

So I what exactly is your thought of him being there to school being out? I mean that's been speculated for sure yes. Do you think he was looking for any girl? Two girls? Certain age? Or was waiting for ones he could trap at the end of the bridge who actually went onto the bridge? That last part I believe his plan was to walk across when they were cornered and chase whoever down the hill. I do tend to think he knew and intended on these two but no way to be sure of that... Do you think if two of the four girls had separated and crossed the bridge, they'd have been the ones he'd have went after...?

I figure there's a good chance he knew school was out BUT I also was thinking for some reason his daughter was about Kelsi's age and in high school herself so then of course he'd have known. Recently though I saw she was a young adult and now wonder which is correct.

it's also been said (I can't confirm but saw somewhere recently wife was working but he was off). This too would make me wonder about a set schedule...I mean most married couples if could I would imagine, would have the same days off if they can work it that way. It isn't like they had little kids.

I mean he was free if she was working wasn't he... And maybe this was not a typical day off. He could have even taken one, do we know?

I'm waiting for all that and this all in going on and on made me realize too, I would almost think we'd have a CVS GM or manager as a witness called... To answer all of these things and to EVEN talk to the boxcutters they use...

Our company issued ones are junk and I've cut my fingers more times and gotten trigger finger, and more from these than a REAL bladed regular box cutter.

With precision cuts I'm assuming it was fully bladed one IF one of the weapons was a box cutter...

This may be long and wandering but towards the end, I think there's some good points in it. Shouldn't we be seeing a CVS manager I'd almost think or the HR person at least as to hours and so on...?

I can't dismiss the KK thing entirely. It's just too uncanny he was trying to meet L at the trails... At minimum were these girls looking to meet someone, anyone at the trails even... Or hope someone would be there... That age well... Meaning 13, them.

I'm not saying RA and KK are connected, I have pretty much dismissed that but then who knows... However, they were already falling for one false account... It's just odd and as often happens with us, I don't see how you can dismiss it as only coincidence lol. Again I don't mean RA and KK were even connected or knew each other, I'm just wondering if the girls' activities online or even in life and sharing their plans or hoped for plans of what they wanted to do played in... Where someone knew, overheard, someone else shared it...

he was off that day pretty sure, I always wondered, have heard he was, I think Tresir ha said he was but I saw it somewhere else in the last week or two that I took to probably be fact. What she did say about him possibly being off Sunday and Monday and working Tues through Sat is a real possibility with retail. Or even not set days off but weekends are always a must generally or at least you work one day of such. Where I'm at you are required to work half the weekends. Now you can do that by taking all Saturdays instead of every other weekend, or all Sundays instead of. I take EVERY weekend as its higher pay but that does not let anyone else off as it is a REQUIREMENT you work half of them. I trade giving me and working every single weekend for two SET days off in a row, Thurs and Fri. and in exchange for the rare time I ask for a weekend off (pretty rare I do), that I get it.

This also applies to part timers, and minors (high school) you have to work 1/2 the weekends. I know more than a couple who take every Saturday because they want Sunday off for church or family or both.

TMI because it really doesn't matter I guess but can give some insight into it so am doing. Not sure about CVS but I know this. Our department mgrs have a higher burden although they get more perks and other things that I guess they can decide if worth it. Pretty much a department manager has to be on at opening and at closing, ALWAYS. To put the money in the safe the biggest one, see to it the department is cleared, hell ensure all out, even employees eventually, doors locked, etc. and we are a bigger facility by far than any CVS. Both are open 7 days a week I'm sure and nights too.

Oh AND all have to be willing to work some nights. Doesn't mean you will in that case but need to be available and do so if asked for at least two. Managers too, maybek more for them, not sure.

Department managers I mean. The GMs (four) are a different story. Four in our store. Four department managers in my department as well.

Anyhow, my I guess long-winded point is he was full time I'm sure. And it has sounded like from more than one account his going to be a pharm tech wasn't so much about filling prescriptions which he can only do I'm sure if a pharmacist is on staff but he COULD go pull the tills, dispense money if someone was out of 5s, things like that. That's a head cahier in our store OR a department manager but again CVS is way smaller physical store.

I doubt just per our rules that if he did not work every weekend that he had two full days off and I also doubt certain nights off, etc. It varies every schedule with us but I get my two weekdays in a row because I work every weekend. Even then it is not guaranteed. They will schedule you when they need you if all of a sudden a few quit or something. It's only happend once or twice in a year and a half (been there two) that I didn't get those two days.

I guess I always have to have one I go on with or unwind with... SORRY.

And the could do it totally differen but Monday could be a usual day off for him but I wouldn't count on it. I get weekdays off as I work every full two day weekend.

All just guessing it it is retail and I'd imagine quite a bit of it is the same.

So I what exactly is your thought of him being there to school being out? I mean that's been speculated for sure yes. Do you think he was looking for any girl? Two girls? Certain age? Or was waiting for ones he could trap at the end of the bridge who actually went onto the bridge? That last part I believe his plan was to walk across when they were cornered and chase whoever down the hill. I do tend to think he knew and intended on these two but no way to be sure of that... Do you think if two of the four girls had separated and crossed the bridge, they'd have been the ones he'd have went after...?

I figure there's a good chance he knew school was out BUT I also was thinking for some reason his daughter was about Kelsi's age and in high school herself so then of course he'd have known. Recently though I saw she was a young adult and now wonder which is correct.

it's also been said (I can't confirm but saw somewhere recently wife was working but he was off). This too would make me wonder about a set schedule...I mean most married couples if could I would imagine, would have the same days off if they can work it that way. It isn't like they had little kids.

I mean he was free if she was working wasn't he... And maybe this was not a typical day off. He could have even taken one, do we know?

I'm waiting for all that and this all in going on and on made me realize too, I would almost think we'd have a CVS GM or manager as a witness called... To answer all of these things and to EVEN talk to the boxcutters they use...

Our company issued ones are junk and I've cut my fingers more times and gotten trigger finger, and more from these than a REAL bladed regular box cutter.

With precision cuts I'm assuming it was fully bladed one IF one of the weapons was a box cutter...

This may be long and wandering but towards the end, I think there's some good points in it. Shouldn't we be seeing a CVS manager I'd almost think or the HR person at least as to hours and so on...?

There was definitely more than one person involved in this.

You know, the girls would have ordinarily been in school and so I wonder if the fact that school was out could be the reason Allen was also there at that particular time and day.
I've never been able to see the KK thing as anything more than a coincidence.

PS, I hope you're having a great day!
To your other part, your PS. It was a work day and so so, my Monday.

But maybe you are asking about yesterday. I had a great day out with one daughter, two sisters and my mom. It was a gorgeous fall day and we met not exactly in the middle between where we all live, was closer for us this time than for them WI/MN and one sister had to not travel at all as she lives in the "middle". One hour for us two, two hours (one way) for the other two. And sister who resides where we met.

We started at of all places Tractor Supply as my mom had seen a few YT videos that had something on them that she wanted for Christmas decorations. We failed to find them. But our very first stop we were just enjoying a day OUT and never seeing each other and a girls' trip and it wasn't very busy in there and we had the clerk cracking up by the end. Who took a picture for us. We told her we might be back and forgive us for being a bit zany and she said please DO come back lol. She was fun herself.

Just one example of a very good day and a fun start. Hit mostly thrift/cool junk shops, etc. Lunch. Busier than heck. Such nice people everywhere. We got there about 10 the two of us (daughter and I), the other three including the one that lives there had been together since about 9:30 and had some coffee and hit Dollar Tree. This town/city has the BEST Dollar Tree, been there a few times on my own even I've ever seen. You can find absolutely everything you've ever seen at that one whereas most just have some of this, some of that and it varies. However, we weren't there when they did that lol.

O/T but it was a great day. I think we all needed it and were just up for it. So the group started, full group around 10 and hit five places maybe and lunch? We took some time over lunch because you really don't get to catch up while shopping PLUS the place was SO BUSY we had a lot of time, food did not come fast so we got to sit and visit.

I will end the O/T but we left around 4 and we were home by 5 or thereabouts. My sister and mom were home at about 6. One hour versus two. We ended our day at the sister's who lives there and sat again and had some fun catching up. So in SIX hours (without travel) you can have a wonderful day together and we did.

I'm thinking that's what your P.S. was about, that day, because I know I told you we were going and I was looking forward to.

We were all like we need to do this more often and when is our next time...?

I miss my family with this job, schedule and distance.

I better stop, don't want to end up slapped as I am way off topic and long..........

Yep, I think that is the key to identifying the gun the bullet came from.

The problem i had is that it seemed to take a whole day to show that simple fact to the jury. I just hope they didn't lose interest and that they followed the science fully.
I would have died from a whole day of that. I've also said I would be a horrible juror.

DELPHI — Exactly two years after police made an arrest in the killings of Delphi teens Abigail “Abby” Williams and Liberty “Libby” German, a lieutenant recounted the interview that they say helped place a suspect in custody.
Saturday, Lt. Jerry Holeman returned to the stand in Carroll County Circuit Court in the trial against Richard Allen to recount his discussion with the Delphi man on Oct. 26, 2022.
Allen, 52, is accused of killing two teens who went missing Feb. 13, 2017, and were found dead the next day. He was arrested in 2022 and faces two counts of murder and two counts of murder while kidnapping in the deaths of Williams and German.
Holeman recalled bringing Allen in for questioning to inquire about the unspent cartridge found near the girls’ bodies, a key piece of evidence in the case.
During the interview, Holeman said he asked Allen about how the bullet at the scene was linked to the gun found at his home. Allen did not have an explanation, Holeman said.
Allen went on to say no one ever borrowed his Sig Sauger firearm, his clothes nor his car, Holeman stated. Allen also said he did not carry his gun with him when he went to the trails on Feb. 13, 2017.
Holeman said Allen’s demeanor during the interview was “calm, normal,” at first, but became increasingly agitated as he continued being asked about the round. Holeman said Allen also showed signs of being deceitful, such as looking down and touching his face. He acknowledged the signs were “subtle.”
By the end of the interview, Holeman said he told Allen that he, and Allen’s wife, don’t think he’s a bad person, to which Allen replied, “What good person would kill two girls.”
Andrew Baldwin, one of Allen’s defense attorneys, during cross-examination pointed out that Holeman looked down during his testimony, remarking whether that was a sign of deception.
Baldwin also pointed out the beginning of Allen’s 2022 interview was not recorded because of technical difficulties, saying it’s one of the “many missing videos” in the case. He also asked Holeman about the possibility of more than one person’s involvement in the case, as well as whether the voice heard in the “Bridge Guy” video was of someone not in the picture’s frame.
The trial is set to resume Monday after a break Sunday.
I'm falling all over at various points in catching up a bit so I know in another post you asked what people think, etc. about this evidence, the expert, etc.

I think it's solid. And I've listened to a lot of retired big time LE, etc. who have all this knowledge on this stuff. She's an expert, the D attorneys are not and yet they keep testifying. And there will ALWAYS be defense experts (not there yet) who will try to attack the science as will D attorneys. It is up to the jury to believe who they believe. This woman was on the stand all darned day and I think she MORE than held her own. They've probably talked to their expert, did some research to debunk or attack (the D), I'm going to snark a bit, maybe FINALLY did some work on the case and some research... Not at anyone, I just don't have a very high opinion of them.

I can name some I've listened to and even look at Kimster's post with the explanation that the barrel, etc. of every single gun is different or the marks it will make.

PLUS RA was THERE, he PLACED himself there. Then he has the right type of GUN. There's just so much.

Some try to make it less than that but it's not, I mentioned in another post how many things add up with just this bullet. Too many coincidences they have to explain (the D). I learned this long ago in my first year of following crime online. I could come up with things for every piece of this or that and someone once pointed out to me who had followed a lot longer, yes, but what are the odds thered' be so many things you have to explain or fix....

Since then I get to about three in a case and I'm done. Might give 4 if they're not that huge...

I simply HOPE they can make this clear to a jury and in closing arguments. There really is a LOT and I'm must talking of one thing and we aren't done yet... Jus talking the bullet.

I will admit I am not happy with the loss of things, like recordings taped over and I'd bet though the P and even LE wished this had NOT happened.

I'm not one who buys into again so many things that they have to try to get thrown out (the D) or explain away, too many coincidences, for RA, or in any case. That alone has me convicting him and all we knew even before this trial, and THEN there are confessions we haven't heard yet.

I'm also not going to say that I am not hoping still they have MORE agsinst him but there's enough. And I don't say that lightly. I could never take away someone's freedom or make that decision if I thought there was too much doubt.

It really isn't as difficult as they've tried to make it, that's what the D over the top O thing and everything they could throw at it was, I see through the sn*w. Pare it down from all the distraction and it really is all there.. Always has been.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

I think the expert held her own and did fantastic, from all I've heard anyhow. And that B and R keep testifying in their questions and acting as if they are on level with the expert. The testifying crap need stop stop and inserting false hoods but I guess if the P objected every time and Gull ruled for them (rightly so in such a case) they may worry it would appear the D is being come down on too much... That's what they've done here and always have and want it to look like...

That's how I see it.

AGain just my opinion and just responding to the overall thing with the firearms expert, etc.

I don't believe this is junk science at all.

I could tell stories of supposed D experts... On other subjects as well. Yet lol we are not even to the D experts yet, just the D testifying and acting as if they are as expert as she is... I wonder if they are texting help to the attys as happened in our trial ( a big NO NO). Their expert I mean... Or one of RA's family members... Happens in ours as well...

Okay ENOUGH BY ME.

I will end this by saying what I always do. I overall trust juries. And no matter what anyone says or the one offs they can come up with, I do. All imo are smarter than the news people generally who also don't know courtroom or legal sh*t some of them as all they are made to cover are politics and going with nothing but a notepad and no time to pee without losing a seat....?

I am hoping for rmore here but there is plenty for me and as I said always has been BUT we are going to have to listen to the whole D part, well actually I don't have to lol but that's still to come. But there's a lot of P I am waiting for yet first.

I trust juries in general, and they are asking good questions, paying attention and more than a few said both sides picked a good one they feel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom