LIBBY GERMAN & ABBY WILLIAMS: Indiana vs. Richard Allen for 2017 murder of two Delphi girls *TRIAL IN PROGRESS*

On February 14, 2017, the bodies of Abigail Williams and Liberty German were discovered near the Monon High Bridge Trail, which is part of the Delphi Historic Trails in Delphi, Indiana, United States, after the young girls had disappeared from the same trail the previous day. The murders have received significant media coverage because a photo and audio recording of an individual believed to be the girls' murderer was found on German's smartphone. Despite the audio and video recordings of the suspect that have been circulated and the more than 26,000 tips that police have received, no arrest in the case has been made.[1][2][3]

1581272168478.png

Police have not publicly stated nor released details of how the girls were murdered.[6] As early as February 15, 2017, Indiana State Police began circulating a still image of an individual reportedly seen on the Monon High Bridge Trail near where the two friends were slain; the grainy photograph appearing to capture a Caucasian male, with hands in pockets, walking on the rail bridge, head down, toward the girls.[4] A few days later, the person in the photograph was named the prime suspect in the double-homicide.[5]

On February 22, law enforcement released an audio recording where the voice of the assailant,[7] though in some degree muffled, is heard to say, "Down the hill." It was at this news conference that officials credited the source of the audio and imagery to German's smartphone, and, further, regarded her as a hero for having had the uncanny foresight and fortitude to record the exchange in secret. Police indicated that additional evidence from the phone had been secured, but that they did not release it so as not to "compromise any future trial." By this time, the reward offered in the case was set at $41,000.[5]

1581272119747.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't do FB and such but this Youtuber shared many posts and pictures, etc. of him. Not a Youtuber I know but it was pretty good. A portion of it goes over his past crimes. The tattoo is addressed. The last 1/2 or I don't know how much is many of his posts and such. It is pretty good, not over the top, no major opinions or stress on anything given one way or the other, just the information available mostly.

I know when we know something our opinions can be colored so maybe that is why knowing he is being compared to Bridge Guy makes some of his posts and other things seem more significant to me.

His interest in bridges and trains and living and sleeping under bridges and other things just seem to almost be subtly taunting and/or related BUT I realize I may think that they hold more meaning than I normally would because we do wonder if he is Bridge Guy. I don't think I am doing that but I can't be sure... Kind of eerie though as he seems even more now a good fit...

He was found with a child and yet his posts and crimes do not seem to relate to children at all. Of course who would put that out there... He clearly though thinks little of adult woman was my take after seeing all posts, etc...

There are some odd posts though. One about sweet girls and having a heart of one in a jar... A few others struck me as well.

Anyhow, here is the link:

I have been looking at this new guy and found out he is a tick-tok user. This was Musical.ly before September 2017, which Abby and Libby used the night of their sleepover before their murders.

Anyway, I just came across this article. Although old, it discusses the old app Musical.ly and the fact that it illegally asked for certain data from under age 13 children. I remembered this app was used by Abby and Libby late into the night before their murders. If you read the article it states that users could therefore track and contact underage users very easily. I am wondering if that is how the murderer found them? Remember LE warning about "what your children are doing?"

www.google.com

FTC ruling sees Musical.ly (TikTok) fined $5.7M for violating children’s privacy law, app updated with age gate – TechCrunch

A significant FTC ruling issued today will see video app TikTok fined $5.7 million for violating U.S. children’s privacy laws, and will impact how the app works for kids under the age of 13. In an app update being released today, all users will need to verify their age, and the under 13-year-…

In the link there is another downloadable link to the actual complaint document which has a lot of details in pages 6 and 7 about the violations and how easy underage kids could be contacted. The timing of the complaints and the violations appear to be around the time of these murders and the name change of the app in Sept 2017 seems too coincidental for this app to not have been involved in this case.

I have been looking at this new guy and found out he is a tick-tok user. This was Musical.ly before September 2017, which Abby and Libby used the night of their sleepover before their murders.

Anyway, I just came across this article. Although old, it discusses the old app Musical.ly and the fact that it illegally asked for certain data from under age 13 children. I remembered this app was used by Abby and Libby late into the night before their murders. If you read the article it states that users could therefore track and contact underage users very easily. I am wondering if that is how the murderer found them? Remember LE warning about "what your children are doing?"

www.google.com

FTC ruling sees Musical.ly (TikTok) fined $5.7M for violating children’s privacy law, app updated with age gate – TechCrunch

A significant FTC ruling issued today will see video app TikTok fined $5.7 million for violating U.S. children’s privacy laws, and will impact how the app works for kids under the age of 13. In an app update being released today, all users will need to verify their age, and the under 13-year-…
www.google.com
www.google.com

In the link there is another downloadable link to the actual complaint document which has a lot of details in pages 6 and 7 about the violations and how easy underage kids could be contacted. The timing of the complaints and the violations appear to be around the time of these murders and the name change of the app in Sept 2017 seems too coincidental for this app to not have been involved in this case.
I have always wondered about a connection with an app or social media, etc. For a few reasons. For one, we know they did a Snapchat photo of their time on the trail/bridge. Also, Libby's grandma said she could not use an app to do a locate on Libby (I forget which she was talking about) because Libby had wiped her phone just a week or two prior due to issues she was having with it. That has always bothered me and I have wondered the real reason for it, I don't think most teens do that if they have options of not wiping out all, like they could just take an app off, etc.. We also know that Abby had a FB and her mother did not know that. None of this is meant in any way at the parents or girls, I just think parents often do not know everything about their teens and their friends like they believe they do.

I have heard these things about TikTok and Musically and quite honestly, I don't even think it should be 13 and under, it should be all minors. I don't even like the lack of privacy some apps with adults employ often without a user's knowledge or by "default" settings.

This guy isn't off my radar. I think also it is interesting he was on such a site back in 2017. Most adults I know had not even heard of such and if they had, were not on them/using them.

www.google.com

www.google.com
www.google.com

I’ve never heard any of this information before. Holy cow!

Delphi murders still very alive for family​

Libby German and Abby Williams went for a walk over an old railroad trestle in Carroll County. They did not come back alive. Their case remains unsolved and Libby’s sister, Kelsi German, is reaching out in all directions to tell the story.

“I’ve found people my age or younger don’t know about the girls,” said German. “So I am continuing to share their stories and that has been helpful for the case.”

German said searching for the person who killed her sister and best friend has consumed her free time.

“It has consumed me,” she said. “I spend 95% of my free time doing interviews, meeting with new people to talk about the girls and going to conventions. Most of my free time is dedicated to my sister and Abby until we get justice.”

German says that while she remains on good terms with police, the lack of an arrest in the case has been difficult.

“It is frustrating,” she said. “I know the police are doing their job. I know they are frustrated, but sometimes it just takes patience.”

German, who is attending Purdue and studying forensic psychology, says she meets monthly with investigators and they assure her they are making progress.

“They won’t tell me how,” she said. “They won’t tell me why. They won’t tell me what they are looking at. I think he is hiding in plain sight. It could be someone I know or it could be someone who is only in town sometimes.”

Delphi murders still very alive for family​

Libby German and Abby Williams went for a walk over an old railroad trestle in Carroll County. They did not come back alive. Their case remains unsolved and Libby’s sister, Kelsi German, is reaching out in all directions to tell the story.

“I’ve found people my age or younger don’t know about the girls,” said German. “So I am continuing to share their stories and that has been helpful for the case.”

German said searching for the person who killed her sister and best friend has consumed her free time.

“It has consumed me,” she said. “I spend 95% of my free time doing interviews, meeting with new people to talk about the girls and going to conventions. Most of my free time is dedicated to my sister and Abby until we get justice.”

German says that while she remains on good terms with police, the lack of an arrest in the case has been difficult.

“It is frustrating,” she said. “I know the police are doing their job. I know they are frustrated, but sometimes it just takes patience.”

German, who is attending Purdue and studying forensic psychology, says she meets monthly with investigators and they assure her they are making progress.

“They won’t tell me how,” she said. “They won’t tell me why. They won’t tell me what they are looking at. I think he is hiding in plain sight. It could be someone I know or it could be someone who is only in town sometimes.”

I wonder if the new composite sketch was made from something they found while working to restore deleted stuff from Abby's phone.

:thinking:

I also think the latest suspect isn't the guy because DNA evidence should be in by now.

I wonder if the new composite sketch was made from something they found while working to restore deleted stuff from Abby's phone.

:thinking:

I also think the latest suspect isn't the guy because DNA evidence should be in by now.
Interesting, the thought of restoring things to the phone, although I would have thought they would have done that years ago.

I am not sure about the "new" guy but they would not have to be in any rush to announce any results as the man is behind bars over the other child and isn't going anywhere.

I can't dismiss this guy. For me, the voice is something that could be but I can't conclude it is him from the voice comparison but can't rule it out. Other things are harder to ignore or let go.

If there is one thing this case has shown me though is how many sick people are in some areas, how many crimes are committed and how many perps in that area through these years seem to fit.

This particular perp though, for some reason, stands out to me more... There are others over time I never entirely excluded but this one, wow...

Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and her cousin Elizabeth Collins in Evansdale were reported missing July 13, 2012. Hunters discovered their bodies on Dec. 5, 2012, at Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County, 24 miles north of where they were last reported.

www.desmoinesregister.com

Evansdale, Indiana double-homicide links 'coincidental,' Indiana State Police say

Indiana State Police say similarities between the double-slaying of two teenage girls three weeks ago and the unsolved 2012 murder of two Evansdale, Iowa, girls are "coincidental" at this point but investigators "not closed" to the idea of a connect
www.desmoinesregister.com

This is interesting. Has it been looked at where he was and/or where he was working, etc. with regard to for instance the Lyric and Elizabeth time frame? I watched quite a bit and read quite a bit when he was first arrested for this recent girl he had in his house but have not had time to watch much since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dayday
Back
Top Bottom