MA AIDEN BLANCHARD: Missing from Chicopee, MA - 5 Feb 2021 - Age 11 *Found Deceased*

1612641684283.png

All-out search underway for missing 11-year-old boy in Chicopee, police say​

State and local authorities are involved in the search for a Massachusetts boy who recently went missing.

The Chicopee Police Department says 11-year-old Aiden Blanchard was last seen alone in the area of the Medina Street boat ramp between 11 a.m. and noon on Friday.

Police say "all efforts are being made" in their search and rescue operations, which include the Massachusetts State Police and surrounding departments.

The MSP Air Wing unit, drones and boats from the Chicopee police and fire departments are being deployed to search waterways in the area, including the Connecticut River, out of an abundance of caution.

According to police, Blanchard is 5 feet tall, weighs approximately 100 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a red ski jacket, black ski pants and black sneakers.

State Police, Chicopee police asking for public’s help finding missing 11-year-old boy​

State Police and Chicopee police are asking for the public’s help in finding an 11-year-old boy who was last walking near the Connecticut River on Friday.

Aiden Blanchardwas last seen walking alone in the Willimansett neighborhood to the lower Front Street area, which is close to the Connecticut River, Chicopee police said in a Facebook post. As of Saturday morning, search and rescue teams were deployed in the area of the Medina Street boat ramp, which is on the Connecticut River.

MEDIA - AIDEN BLANCHARD: Missing from Chicopee, MA since 5 Feb 2021 - Age 11

Last edited:

Police continue to search for evidence in disappearance of 11-year-old Chicopee boy who has been missing for 2 weeks​

Authorities this week continued to search for evidence in the disappearance of an 11-year-old Chicopee boy who was last seen two weeks ago.

Police continue to search for evidence in disappearance of 11-year-old Chicopee boy who has been missing for 2 weeks​

Authorities this week continued to search for evidence in the disappearance of an 11-year-old Chicopee boy who was last seen two weeks ago.
So sad he hasn't been found yet....

Search For Missing Chicopee Boy Aiden Blanchard Focuses On Rivers​

Crews continued to look for missing Chicopee boy Aiden Blanchard on Wednesday, weeks after the 11-year-old went missing. Police said search efforts are focused on the Chicopee and Connecticut Rivers.

Chicopee boy's mother seeks help in searching for her missing son​

The search continues for the 11-year-old missing Chicopee boy Aiden Blanchard. He went missing about a month ago. Aiden’s mom told Western Mass News Saturday night that the search throughout and along the Connecticut River has been exhausted.

Aiden’s mom said it is believed that he is in the Connecticut River.

She also added that her cousin is gathering a group of kayaks to go out this coming Wednesday. They are looking for people with experience to kayak downriver to help find her son.

It crossed my mind but I didn't mention it. In my old school ways and thoughts, no 11 year old takes their own life. But I have had to realize and remember that it does happen these days with bullying online, etc. Such a world they live in. One can shelter to death but that does a bit of a disservice too in another way over time or can. They have to learn at some point to deal with the real world if even gradually on their own. Very challenging these days imo and worse all of the time, I don't pretend to know the answer. The big real eye opening one to me was the I think 9 year old not too long ago in Wisconsin in the vicinity of the Wisconsin Dells (not exactly, but not hours and hours away either). It seemed to be hinted at almost and I thought no way, a 9 year old would commit suicide, that is very far fetched. Sure enough that is what they determined when found. So sad. So it did cross my mind here but I still try to resist the thought that it is a likely scenario at such a young age. :(
It's been happening for Centuries. Children even younger have committed suicide. It is hard to understand that at that age they are so hopeless, Lost, And depressed.

It's been happening for Centuries. Children even younger have committed suicide. It is hard to understand that at that age they are so hopeless, Lost, And depressed.
I guess but it sure isn't something I have ever heard much of until more recently. Any I ever knew of in earlier times also were usually closer to 18 or in teenaged years...

That's more recent like I mean. These far younger ones are the ones that really surprise me I guess...
I think it's really because they keep track more and before were listed as accidents because no one could fathom they were suicides. Also when my Goddaughter who is now 14 was 11 A friend committed suicide.

I think it's really because they keep track more and before were listed as accidents because no one could fathom they were suicides. Also when my Goddaughter who is now 14 was 11 A friend committed suicide.
It could be. Personally, I have seen more than a few that relate to internet bullying so figure that is the reason. I guess no matter the history, I would rather just not believe children this young do this very often or at all. So sad.

It does happen. If you want to believe it or not. A child under 13 commits suicide every 5 days. There has always been bullying. My great uncle was killed at 10 yrs old in Sweden in 1910 by 2 bullies. But internet bullying is new and seems to be the cause in more than a few cases yes.

It does happen. If you want to believe it or not. A child under 13 commits suicide every 5 days. There has always been bullying. My great uncle was killed at 10 yrs old in Sweden in 1910 by 2 bullies. But internet bullying is new and seems to be the cause in more than a few cases yes.
I can believe it. And for sure, bullying has always existed. What happened to your great uncle is horrible.

I have moments I want to stick my head in the sand but if I want to follow true crime and hope anything ever changes, in the justice system or in life itself, one has to be able to face there is much evil AND tragedy in the world. The child cases really get me as I guess shows itself...

Chicopee PD warns: Leave search and recovery efforts for missing boy to professionals​

Authorities are advising against a request asking for kayakers to help in the search for Aiden Blanchard, an 11-year-old boy from Chicopee who went missing on February 5.

In a Facebook post, the Chicopee Police Department said it strongly recommends leaving the search and recovery efforts for Aiden to the professionals.

“We have spoken to Aiden’s mother as well as other family members and they are in agreement that the river is dangerous,” the police department stated in the Facebook post.

A social media post on Saturday asked experienced kayakers to join family members out on the Connecticut River Wednesday, to search for Aiden.

The department is asking everyone to stay off the river, adding that the planned community search poses many safety concerns from the temperature of the water, ice, debris, and the strength of the current.

Chicopee PD warns: Leave search and recovery efforts for missing boy to professionals​

Authorities are advising against a request asking for kayakers to help in the search for Aiden Blanchard, an 11-year-old boy from Chicopee who went missing on February 5.

In a Facebook post, the Chicopee Police Department said it strongly recommends leaving the search and recovery efforts for Aiden to the professionals.

“We have spoken to Aiden’s mother as well as other family members and they are in agreement that the river is dangerous,” the police department stated in the Facebook post.

A social media post on Saturday asked experienced kayakers to join family members out on the Connecticut River Wednesday, to search for Aiden.

The department is asking everyone to stay off the river, adding that the planned community search poses many safety concerns from the temperature of the water, ice, debris, and the strength of the current.
This is going to end so sadly. There will only be finding him. This just hurts.

FOX61 NEWS EXCLUSIVE: Mom of missing Chicopee 11-year-old boy speaks about son, search​

The mother of a missing Chicopee 11-year-old is pleading for her son to be found.

“Aiden is sweet kid, he loves animals. He really cares for people especially people who have developmental needs or something going on,” Michelle Blanchard told FOX61 News exclusively while first responders conducted their search of the river. “He’s always wanted to help him.”

The boy’s aunt, Michelle Blanchard Vargas, told FOX61’s Keith McGilvery on Wednesday that the last month has been “extremely difficult” for the entire family.

“We’ve got a lot of friends and family, the community of Chicopee has been extremely supportive,” she added.

On Wednesday, the Connecticut State Police confirmed they’d be back out on the Connecticut side of the river too.

“The search is now extended into Connecticut and we are looking for support in Connecticut as well how long the river and with the police, we just desperately want to bring Aiden home,” Blanchard Vargas said.

The boy’s aunt said her message to other parents was: “It is good to teach the kids about the river, or any water, where he went out it was actually ice and snow, but it looks like land. You wouldn’t know the difference at all.”

MISSING: Aiden Blanchard search continues​

The police are continuing their search for missing Aiden Blanchard in the Connecticut River Thursday afternoon.

According to the Chicopee Police Department, the Dive Unit and the Hampden County Sherriff’s Department Marine Unit are on the Connecticut River continuing their efforts in locating Aiden Blanchard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anna
Back
Top Bottom