MA AIDEN BLANCHARD: Missing from Chicopee, MA - 5 Feb 2021 - Age 11 *Found Deceased*

1612641684283.png

All-out search underway for missing 11-year-old boy in Chicopee, police say​

State and local authorities are involved in the search for a Massachusetts boy who recently went missing.

The Chicopee Police Department says 11-year-old Aiden Blanchard was last seen alone in the area of the Medina Street boat ramp between 11 a.m. and noon on Friday.

Police say "all efforts are being made" in their search and rescue operations, which include the Massachusetts State Police and surrounding departments.

The MSP Air Wing unit, drones and boats from the Chicopee police and fire departments are being deployed to search waterways in the area, including the Connecticut River, out of an abundance of caution.

According to police, Blanchard is 5 feet tall, weighs approximately 100 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a red ski jacket, black ski pants and black sneakers.

State Police, Chicopee police asking for public’s help finding missing 11-year-old boy​

State Police and Chicopee police are asking for the public’s help in finding an 11-year-old boy who was last walking near the Connecticut River on Friday.

Aiden Blanchardwas last seen walking alone in the Willimansett neighborhood to the lower Front Street area, which is close to the Connecticut River, Chicopee police said in a Facebook post. As of Saturday morning, search and rescue teams were deployed in the area of the Medina Street boat ramp, which is on the Connecticut River.

MEDIA - AIDEN BLANCHARD: Missing from Chicopee, MA since 5 Feb 2021 - Age 11

Last edited:
I suppose they are likely in the river but what I can't shake about both boys they are looking for is in the other case, it is the mother who claims that is where he ended up and in this one, it is that he was last seen near the river. What if neither is actually in the river? I am sure it is not easy to search but I guess I thought they would likely find one by now.

I suppose they are likely in the river but what I can't shake about both boys they are looking for is in the other case, it is the mother who claims that is where he ended up and in this one, it is that he was last seen near the river. What if neither is actually in the river? I am sure it is not easy to search but I guess I thought they would likely find one by now.
I hear what you're saying. Sometimes for some reason people aren't found for a long time. Even years. And I can think of some they never were and I can't understand it. Especially when it's a flowing river.

I hear what you're saying. Sometimes for some reason people aren't found for a long time. Even years. And I can think of some they never were and I can't understand it. Especially when it's a flowing river.
True. And I am not doubting that they may be in the river but with two particularly, I just would have hoped and thought by now they would find at least one if not both.

True. And I am not doubting that they may be in the river but with two particularly, I just would have hoped and thought by now they would find at least one if not both.
Aiden is actually a third boy they're looking for in a river, the Connecticut River in Massachusetts.

Nylo Lattimore and James Hutchinson are both missing in the Ohio River in Ohio.

Aiden is actually a third boy they're looking for in a river, the Connecticut River in Massachusetts.

Nylo Lattimore and James Hutchinson are both missing in the Ohio River in Ohio.
Thanks, that's right. All the rivers and children not found I guess I mixed it up. Nylo is the little one in the stroller wasn't he? They found mom but not child.

Chicopee Police Find Body in River in Search for Boy Missing 2 Months​

A person's body was found Wednesday in a river in Chicopee, Massachusetts, by a search-and-rescue team looking for a boy missing for over two months, police said.

The dive team found the body at 11:15 a.m. between the North End Bridge, over the Connecticut River, and Memorial Bridge, over the Chicopee River, according to Chicopee police.

Detectives from local and state police were called to the scene, and the body was taken to the Hampden County Medical Examiner's Office, but has yet to be identified.

Police didn't give any other information Wednesday afternoon, or say whether the body is believed to be 11-year-old Aiden Blanchard's.

Chicopee Police Find Body in River in Search for Boy Missing 2 Months​

A person's body was found Wednesday in a river in Chicopee, Massachusetts, by a search-and-rescue team looking for a boy missing for over two months, police said.

The dive team found the body at 11:15 a.m. between the North End Bridge, over the Connecticut River, and Memorial Bridge, over the Chicopee River, according to Chicopee police.

Detectives from local and state police were called to the scene, and the body was taken to the Hampden County Medical Examiner's Office, but has yet to be identified.

Police didn't give any other information Wednesday afternoon, or say whether the body is believed to be 11-year-old Aiden Blanchard's.
I guess one should be happy he is found. I still had some slight hope in this one that he did not end up in the river but then if he had not, where would he have been all of this time. The word I always use, the only on that fits I can think of is bittersweet. I guess the family gets closure of some kind. I hope it was an accident and that he did not do this but I suppose they may never know. Assuming of course, the body is his. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anna
Back
Top Bottom