JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was going to start quoting their texts to each other, but there were too many to reply to. So I'll just say this about their texts altogether.

monty python GIF

It's hard to believe Alex died naturally. Lori was worried Alex might bring down their plan.

Well he did draw attention to them all. His assassination attempts were so amateurish. He used Tylee's jeep in Brandon's attempt and ran out the back in Tammy's attempt leaving a trail in both that was easy for LE to follow. Plus he had shot and killed Charles and virtually confessed to Zulema that he was their "fall guy". These texts from Lori's iCloud will ensure their fate is sealed hopefully so they cannot blame Alex.

We should be thankful they were all so dumb to believe a few spells would protect them all.

I still think it likely Alex died of Covid. (The blood clots in the lungs?)

Last edited:
She is MOST DEFINITELY in this and should be charged. I don't doubt Mel G too and her kids. We may never hear it all but I wouldn't doubt it ONE bit.
I think Mel G saved herself by recording that convo for LE and Melaniece avoided it due to Ian's cooperation with the recordings. I think the two Mels have only managed to escape liability because of that bit of cooperation, I believe.

The remainder of the testimony and cross of Officer Hart.

DAY 24 | LIVE UPDATES: Daybell text messages reveal details on deaths, affair, money and more​

Published at 8:15 am, May 8, 2023Updated at 9:15 pm, May 8, 2023
Nate Eaton

Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com

LIVE UPDATES FROM THE LORI VALLOW DAYBELL TRIAL​

3:21 p.m. Hart is dismissed from the witness stand. No further witnesses will be called today. What a day! I’ll break it all down tonight at 7:30 p.m.

3:20 p.m. Smith asking questions on re-direct. She asks if Lori ever manipulated Chad or others. Hart says yes. Smith asks if all the other women Chad communicated with had their children dead or buried in Daybell’s backyard. Hart says none. Smith says nothing further.
3:19 p.m. Thomas asks Hart about Chad Daybell manipulating people. Hart says he did manipulate people, including Lori. Thomas has no further questions.
3:18 p.m. Thomas reads the text about Chad needing to release steam and the chart Chad referenced. Hart says nobody in law enforcement could ever find the chart. Thomas says it was fantasy then. Hart says, “I don’t know if it was that or if it just didn’t attach to the message.”
3:17 p.m. Melani B. frequently referred to Chad Daybell as “dad” or “her father,” according to Hart.
3:14 p.m. Thomas references the text Chad sent to Lori about changing coming to Utah. Thomas asks what type of changes were coming to Utah. Hart says he has no idea. Thomas asks if he looked into this. Hart says these were Chad Daybell’s revelations. Thomas asks if this was all fantasy. Hart responds, “Not everything was fantasy.”
3:13 p.m. As Thomas cross-examines, Lori leans forward with her arms on the table. She is looking back and forth between her attorney and the witness.
3:11 p.m. Thomas says, “Isn’t it your understanding that you don’t really have an understanding about what was going on here with the percentages/light/dark scale?” Hart responds, “I don’t agree.” He says Tylee and JJ and Tammy and Charles all ended up dead and had bad numbers on the scale. Thomas asks if this could be more like Dungeons and Dragons and playing with dice. Hart: “Absent the people killed, yes.”
3:08 p.m. Thomas asks Hart what happens when a person’s number reaches zero. Hart says they are ready for death.
3:06 p.m. Thomas asks Hart if he ever saw any reference to Ira and Ralph on the iCloud. Hart says Ira was another entity that was in Charles Vallow’s body. Ralph is the name of another entity, but Hart doesn’t remember who he was attached to. Thomas asks Hart if he’s ever watched “Romancing the Stone” and says the names could have come from the movie. Thomas asks Hart if he did any research on the names. Hart says no.
3:04 p.m. Thomas asks Hart if he knows who Nathan Pacheco is, and Hart does not. Thomas says he is a fairly famous religious singer. Thomas asks Hart if he would be surprised to leave that Lori had a crush on Pacheco. Hart says he has no knowledge of that. Thomas says they could have been joking because Lori had a crush on Pacheco. She could have thought he was light, and Chad could have thought he was dark.
3:02 p.m. Thomas asks Hart what Lori’s prior Wi-Fi passwords were. Hart doesn’t know. Thomas says, “Would it surprise you to know that Lori’s password is 5kids4ever?” Hart says that’s possible, but he doesn’t recall seeing it in the iCloud. Thomas asks if it’s possible Lori was busy doing other things and Alex couldn’t remember the 5kids4ever so he went with 2manykids. Smith objects and says the question calls for speculation. Boyce sustains it.
3 p.m. Hart says there were “normal mom-type” texts on Lori’s accounts – going to doctor appointments, getting food, grocery shopping, paying bills, etc. “As a whole, isn’t it true Lori was, for all intents and purposes, a pretty good mother?” Hart: “With the exception of what happened to her children, yes.”
2:58 p.m. Thomas asks about the relationship between Audrey and Chad. Hart says Audrey looked up to Chad as a spiritual leader. Thomas says, “Chad had a number of women he communicated with through text.” Hart says, “A small number.” Thomas lists off Melanie Gibb, Melani Boudreaux, Zulema Pastenes. Thomas says, “There was a number of women in the group. Chad was the leader of the group.” Hart responds, “Along with Lori, correct.”
2:57 p.m. Thomas asks about the hundreds of videos on Lori’s iCloud accounts. He says there were lots of videos of Lori singing with her children, playing on the beach and acting like a mother does with her children. Hart says that’s correct.
2:54 p.m. Thomas asks about the patriarchal blessing. He asks how Hart learned that Chad did not have the authority to perform the blessings. Hart says he did not contact anyone in LDS leadership about it. Hart says he knew Chad’s calling in the church was the ward clerk – not the patriarch. “Based on the totality of the investigation, to my knowledge. Chad Daybell is not a patriarch.”
2:53 p.m. Smith has no further questions. John Thomas will be cross-examining Hart.
2:52 p.m. Smith: “From November 2019 until June 2020, did the FBI and law enforcement ever stop looking for JJ and Tylee?” Hart: “No.” Smith: “Did you ever see any evidence that JJ Vallow was alive after September 2019?” Hart: “No.” Smith: “Did you ever see any evidence that Lori was looking for him or trying to help him after Sept. 22, 2019?” Hart: “No.”
2:51 p.m. Smith asks Hart about the messages he found about JJ, Tylee and Tammy being dark. She asks if he ever saw an objection to them being dark. He says no.
2:49 p.m. Boyce is back on the bench. Jurors are being brought in.
2:18 p.m. We are now taking an afternoon break. Be back at 2:45 p.m.

Well he did draw attention to them all. His assassination attempts were so amateurish. He used Tylee's jeep in Brandon's attempt and ran out the back in Tammy's attempt leaving a trail in both that was easy for LE to follow. Plus he had shot and killed Charles and virtually confessed to Zulema that he was their "fall guy". These texts from Lori's iCloud will ensure their fate is sealed hopefully so they cannot blame Alex.

We should be thankful they were all so dumb to believe a few spells would protect them all.

I still think it likely Alex died of Covid. (The blood clots in the lungs?)
He was a total clod/clutz in his attempts. No doubt.

I can see why you keep leaning with the Covid thing but I don't think so. I will never believe his death was natural causes or at minimum something they did caused a natural reaction. Jmo.

I think Mel G saved herself by recording that convo for LE and Melaniece avoided it due to Ian's cooperation with the recordings. I think the two Mels have only managed to escape liability because of that bit of cooperation, I believe.
Very likely something on that order but they in my opinion are leaving two murderous and evil intended witches on the street and in the world. And those two are MOTHERS of children...

8 minutes ago. She is going to have to make her mind up pretty quickly.

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
8m

We are back from the break. Lori was passionately speaking with her attorneys for a few minutes during the recess. Edwards is likely the prosecution's last witness. Jim Archibald tells me Lori still has not decided if she will be taking the stand or not.

Last edited:
Nate Eaton

@NateNewsNow

There are some technical issues so we aren't able to see the exhibit. Edwards will describe what is on it. Between 9:12 a.m. - 2:28 a.m. on Oct. 9-10, there were 90 calls between Alex, Chad, Zulema and Lori.

1h

Chad and Alex were texting each other all day and their devices were together in the afternoon. Four messages between Alex and Chad were sent the night of Oct. 9.

https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

Nate Eaton

@NateNewsNow
·
1h

Edwards says there were significantly more calls during this timeframe compared to other days. Blake asks for a brief sidebar.

11:02 a.m. The night Tammy died, her phone is active and playing games at 10:22 p.m. At 11:28 p.m., a jpeg is deleted from her phone. There are then texts between Chad and Lori. At 11:46 p.m., Alex is leaving the LDS Church parking lot near Chad’s house. Alex calls Lori and then talks from 11:53 p.m. -12:09 a.m Lori texts Zulema at 12:10 a.m. Chad texts Lori at 12:35 a.m.

This makes me feel so sad. Tammy was innocently playing games on her phone just two hours before the father of her five children killed her. I wonder what picture was deleted from her phone? Did she try to take a picture of what was happening?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phillip
Back