JOSHUA "JJ" VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN, TAMMY DAYBELL, & CHARLES VALLOW: State of Idaho/Arizona vs. Lori & Chad Daybell *GUILTY*

1580704661510.png

Police seem to be no closer to finding 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan than they were when this story began months ago.

Since that time, the story has gained international attention as it’s taken twists and turns involving a purported cult, dead spouses, delusions of divinity and preparing for the end of the world. Despite all the angles, and the ever-growing number of people related to the case, the facts remain essentially the same as when it was first announced.

The two children remain missing and the parents, Lori (Vallow) Daybell, and her new husband, Chad Daybell, refuse to disclose their whereabouts to police. Both have been named persons of interest in the disappearance of the children. Law enforcement is also investigating the deaths of the Daybells’ previous respective spouses, Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell, though neither Chad nor Lori have been named suspects in those cases.

Written timeline of events
  • April 3, 2018 - Tylee Ryan's father, Joseph Ryan, dies. Death ruled heart attack.
  • December 2018 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow make first appearance on Preparing a People podcast.
  • February 2019 - Charles Vallow files for divorce from Lori, claiming she viewed herself as a god preparing for the second coming, and she would kill him if he got in her way.
  • February - April 2019 - Lori disappears for nearly two months, leaving her children with others.
  • June 2019 - Lori's niece demands a divorce from her husband, who says she shares similar beliefs to her aunt.
  • July 11, 2019 - Charles Vallow shot and killed by Lori's brother Alex Cox. Shooting initially ruled self-defense.
  • August 2019 - Lori moves to Rexburg, Idaho with kids
  • September 3, 2019 - Joshua "JJ" Vallow enrolled in school
  • September 23, 2019 - JJ last attended school
  • September 24, 2019 - Lori unenrolls JJ from school, saying she would be homeschooling him.
  • September 2019 - Tylee also seen in September, but it's unclear when and where (she had graduated early)
  • October 2, 2019 - Lori's niece's ex-husband was shot at, missing his head by inches. Shooter was driving a vehicle registered to Charles Vallow.
  • October 9, 2019 - Tammy Daybell, Chad's wife, called 911 and said a masked man shot at her with a paintball gun.
  • October 19, 2019 - Tammy Daybell dies, death is ruled natural
  • October 25, 2019 - Tylee, or someone using her phone, texts a friend
  • Late October / Early November 2019 - Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow get married
  • November 26, 2019 - Welfare check requested for JJ at the request of extended family - police are told he is in Arizona with family, but he is not
  • November 27, 2019 - Police return to serve a search warrant, finding the Daybell's gone
  • December 12, 2019 - Lori's brother, who had shot her ex-husband, dies mysteriously in Arizona
  • December 20, 2019 - Search for JJ and Tylee goes public
  • December 30, 2019 - LE says Lori knows where her children are but will not cooperate
  • January 25, 2020 - Chad & Lori are located in Hawaii, served with a notice that she must produce the children within 5 days
  • January 30, 2020 - Lori fails to produce JJ and Tylee

1580705763474.png

edited by staff to add new media link

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really curious to see that cause of death, why they're holding it so close, and if the children end with similar CODs. To the best of my knowledge, their bodies haven't been released yet.
I don't think that the kids' bodies have been released either. I think their causes of death are going to be different. I am not sure why I think that but I guess because their remains were so different--Tylee apparently much more brutally handled than JJ or so it sounds.

With Tammy, since it has taken so extremely long, I am leaning towards poison or overdose? One would think if say they immediately found a cause such as suffocation or strangulation, it would not have taken that long? I don't know. I sure HOPE they have something on them with her cause of death.

What are your thoughts?

I don't think that the kids' bodies have been released either. I think their causes of death are going to be different. I am not sure why I think that but I guess because their remains were so different--Tylee apparently much more brutally handled than JJ or so it sounds.

With Tammy, since it has taken so extremely long, I am leaning towards poison or overdose? One would think if say they immediately found a cause such as suffocation or strangulation, it would not have taken that long? I don't know. I sure HOPE they have something on them with her cause of death.

What are your thoughts?
I think they all died in a similar manner. At least I hope so! Passing away in their sleep and not knowing what happened to them. The difference in the way the kids’ bodies were disposed Might have just been for convenience sake. I don’t know? We might just be very surprised. I’m sure whatever they did, we’ll be disgusted and angry too.

What are your thoughts?

I slightly suspect JJ was given an overdose. I also think it's possible he was comatose when wrapped for burial.

I think some very in depth tox screens had to be ran on Tammy's remains. I'm basically waiting to hear. Waiting is hard.

I slightly suspect JJ was given an overdose. I also think it's possible he was comatose when wrapped for burial.

I think some very in depth tox screens had to be ran on Tammy's remains. I'm basically waiting to hear. Waiting is hard.
I lean that way with JJ too I guess because Mel G saw him apparently sleeping with Alex carrying him. I do wonder about smothering, etc. I hope for nothing worse. Another reason is you would not think they would want to have a lot of noise in an apartment complex assuming he was killed there.

Tylee I worry about. Hard to say where she was killed. Last sighting at Yellowstone. Her body sounds as if it was in worse condition and perhaps less of her than we may ever know and I probably don't want to know more than we have heard. It just sounds so brutal but perhaps/hopefully what was done was only done afterwards.

With Tammy, because I guess a coroner or whoever saw nothing to be suspicious of I suspect poisoning too. I agree with you that I think they went into some in depth toxicology with Tammy and probably looked for any and every poison they could, judging by the length of time too. IF they found anything/a poison, I hope they checked Alex for the same one.

I am not much of a psychic follower but have you watched Reverend Donna Seraphina's stuff? She is really hard to ignore because she had so much detail and accuracy on how and where JJ and Tylee would be found BEFORE they were found it is startling. Please understand that I don't buy into pyschics who for instance say there is a rock somewhere nearby, some kind of water, maybe a path. To me much is too generic for me to believe but boy in this case, this one nailed it.

If one listens to her JJ was not poisoned but a bag put over his head and he battled. And that Tylee did not die easily and went through a lot. It is a bit hard to listen to but gripping in its detail... I believe there is more than one video on it. I would give more detail but since I guess it is not fact other than where they were found and their condition maybe I should not put it here. I will just say Tylee was allegedly killed elsewhere per her.

Seems like I watched an episode of forensic files or some thing and it said that they have to test every kind of poison known. That does seem like it would be tedious and time-consuming.

Seems like I watched an episode of forensic files or some thing and it said that they have to test every kind of poison known. That does seem like it would be tedious and time-consuming.
I think too, unless I am wrong, there are still some poisons that are almost impossible to test. People say that at least. Tammy would have been there best bet imo as she had a preserved and recent body for lack of better words.

Some poison's are undetectable 24 hours after death.
yes and by the time some of them have caused enough organ damage to cause death, some are also already out of the system, too.
Yeah, that all sounds correct. And then if you have cremains or an entirely decomposed body, etc. causes even more challenges I'm sure.

I remember hair roots I think or follicles was that for arsenic or something? It has been so long since I have looked into any of it, there have probably been major advances though in what can be tested for, etc.

Most people in this case lean towards malachite, just because Lori bought cheap malachite wedding rings (when she loves the finer things so it seems to have some meaning) AND because they have such odd beliefs, ways and more than a few apparently "natural" deaths around them, some of them anyway that must be something not routine. Visine is another one I see often mentioned.

I do wonder though if they or Chad may have went differently with Tammy. Alex clearly had been sick/had symptoms of something wrong before death and died a not easy death. Joe it seems there are hints of maybe he was not well before he died either. But Tammy from all we know was fine until she went to sleep that night (per Chad) and apparently per Chad died quietly and peacefully in her sleep. He makes a point of mentioning a cough and nothing more. Not an overblown story, just a cough... Soooo could it be an overdose of something cough related that if found it could be put down to her taking too much...? Did they learn from the first few? He did mention heart issues so it COULD have been similar to the others but if so, she looked "perfect" compared to Alex and Joe at death... Overthinking it but then this case does that, such mysteries in it and so many...

But, if they die while it's still in their system, wouldn't it linger?
One would think, I certainly have no clue.

One would think the best bet would be immediate autopsy and of course since there wasn't one and Chad was just taken at his word, no samples would have been saved from organs, blood, etc. I still think she is the best bet for evidence since she was not cremated and it was not months and months later but I have no idea what they do to prepare them for burial and am not sure I want know. I do know or am sure all blood/liquid I believe is drained. Hec* I don't even know how to word it or talk about it, I know so little.

We do know they have found evidence of poison much time after in cases after exhumation but it may depend on what kind of poison?

Last edited:
Well, I want too Google about poison, but I best not do it on someone else's computer. :lol:
I think twice about doing such things even on MY OWN lol. If I do have to google something like that, I add something to explain my search that I would hope would show if anyone ever searched my searches. Like "what possible poisons could Lori Vallow have possibly used? (for a made up example). LOL, not sure it would help but at least I could remember if asked why I was searching then...

Some things just keep degrading so it would depend on when they tested for those
I HOPE and PRAY they have an actual finding to nail those two on. I do wonder though if an exhaustive long term autopsy could also show that they could just find NO HINT of natural causes or health issues so it had to be something else? That would still be significant but not the same as finding a poison which for prosecution would be far better.

It just bites the scenes were hardly looked at, either, were meds asked about or ANYTHING? Of course not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ancestralmanor
Back
Top Bottom